criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission

Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order Discussion

Replies

• lowell wrote: »
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    Meh. Need some gameplay footage. Going to be a 5 or 6 hour long game? Looks like a new force unleashed to me. No preorder this time old friends.

I'm sure it will be much longer than 5 or 6 hours. Battlefront 2 has a 5-6 hour campaign and it was developed in 2 years with the majority of the dev team focused on multiplayer content. Fallen Order will have 4 years of development when it releases with a dev team focused solely on singpleplayer.

tikxziavbo06.jpg

^This indicates that the game will be pretty large and open as well, with new areas to explore in previously explored areas later in the game, which will help make it even longer.

It might be as long as the Insomniac Spider-Man game last year.

God of War 4 is a good comparison as well I think, especially since Stig was the director of God of War 3 before Fallen Order. God of War 4 also had 4 years of development with a similarly sized AAA dev team, and it has a 20 hour main story, 32 hours of main + side content, and a 50 hour 100% completion time according to polled users on HowLongToBeat.com
  • Preorder bonus for all editions is unique cosmetic equipment for your lightsaber and BD-1 droid companion.

Deluxe Edition bonus is behind the scenes content about the development of the game and more unique cosmetic equipment (though we don't yet know if the deluxe edition cosmetics are for the lightsaber, droid, or perhaps maybe even an exclusive outfit for Cal).
  • Preorder bonus for all editions is unique cosmetic equipment for your lightsaber and BD-1 droid companion.

Deluxe Edition bonus is behind the scenes content about the development of the game and more unique cosmetic equipment (though we don't yet know if the deluxe edition cosmetics are for the lightsaber, droid, or perhaps maybe even an exclusive outfit for Cal).

Thankfully the deluxe edition stuff seems to also be available as an add-on, but I’m not sure about the pre-order content.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • ZephanUnbound
    3012 posts Member
    edited April 15
    Unwarycoin wrote: »
    Preorder bonus for all editions is unique cosmetic equipment for your lightsaber and BD-1 droid companion.

Thankfully the deluxe edition stuff seems to also be available as an add-on, but I’m not sure about the pre-order content.

Usually preorder bonuses stay preorder exclusive, but occasionally they do get made available as paid or free DLC for everyone later on. Hopefully it won’t be anything too major like an exclusive saber color crystal. If it is, I might have to preorder, especially if it’s a rare saber color that I like, such as Orange or Silver.
  • When will the rating come out? Is there any word about the rating yet?
    “The force is with me and I am one with the force. I fear nothing because everything is as the Force wills it to be.” -Chirrut Imwe
  • Unwarycoin wrote: »
    Preorder bonus for all editions is unique cosmetic equipment for your lightsaber and BD-1 droid companion.

Usually preorder bonuses stay preorder exclusive, but occasionally they do get made available as paid or free DLC for everyone later on. Hopefully it won’t be anything too major like an exclusive saber color crystal. If it is, I might have to preorder, especially if it’s a rare saber color that I like, such as Orange or Silver.

Well, for me it doesn’t matter how important or unimportant it is, because it’s part of the game and I want it. If I miss the per-order bonus and I know I can’t get it after the fact and I miss my chance (I got burned three times, and a few more from my own mistakes) I’d rather not have the game at all.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Iceninja wrote: »
    When will the rating come out? Is there any word about the rating yet?

Like the ESRB or PEGI age rating? That will be awhile, the age rating organizations don’t rate games until after they go gold usually, so like a month before release. Sometimes a developer will release a target rating for a game beforehand though. I’m like 99% that Fallen Order will get a Teen rating from ESRB and a 12 rating from PEGI though, not much chance of Disney allowing an M/17+ rated Star Wars game imo.
  • lowell wrote: »
    Meh. Need some gameplay footage. Going to be a 5 or 6 hour long game? Looks like a new force unleashed to me. No preorder this time old friends.

I'm sure it will be much longer than 5 or 6 hours. Battlefront 2 has a 5-6 hour campaign and it was developed in 2 years with the majority of the dev team focused on multiplayer content. Fallen Order will have 4 years of development when it releases with a dev team focused solely on singpleplayer.

tikxziavbo06.jpg

^This indicates that the game will be pretty large and open as well, with new areas to explore in previously explored areas later in the game, which will help make it even longer.

It might be as long as the Insomniac Spider-Man game last year.

God of War 4 is a good comparison as well I think, especially since Stig was the director of God of War 3 before Fallen Order. God of War 4 also had 4 years of development with a similarly sized AAA dev team, and it has a 20 hour main story, 32 hours of main + side content, and a 50 hour 100% completion time according to polled users on HowLongToBeat.com

Did not know this. I hope it is a long inmersive game! I just got some force unleashed vibes.. And while I enjoyed that game it didn't have much in terms of replay value. Even with the DLC. But here's to hoping the games awesome, just tired of being burned
  • Spiito
    1926 posts Member
    I wasn't very interested in Jedi Fallen Order when I saw the trailer, but I passed the news onto my mate.
    They seem interested, they said it reminded them of the novel Star Wars A New Dawn.
    We won't be pre-ordering, but we may get a copy to try, eventually.

Wknuto!
  • Sad_History
    132 posts Member
    edited April 19
    It's an interesting scenario. You are a very special person, living in a scary time and your belief has been forbidden. You are seen as a traitor and an anachronism. You have to live and survive in a world without compromising your faint.

I think many living in our time can relate to this. I can.

The price is a bit steep for single player, but i think this one is going to be a good one.
    Post edited by Sad_History on
  • I have a question. Will the game start after order 66 or right befor it.
  • IIPrest0nII
    4601 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Star Wars Battlefront Community Forums Moderator. I do not work for EA.
  • lckrqxwx2lr2.png
    That's awesome!
  • mastery0ta
    6273 posts Member
    A used purchase. Possibly.
  • Unwarycoin
    6021 posts Member
    After today’s HvV announcement, I feel compelled to say that there’s no chance of me buying Fallen Order.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • lowell
    1330 posts Member
    edited June 8
    Saw Gerrera!!!

D8jZpDYXkAA1FVB.jpg

saw-gerrera-history-1-retina_3d9ea2e4.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1200%2C675

Ghosts-of-Geonosis-Saw-Gerrera-Makes-his-Intentions-Known.png

star-wars-rebels-season-four-trailer-saw-gerrera-021.png

5851e56ac0512.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C657

Legacy planets we know is in the game so far:

Kashyyyk

D8jZJozUcAAXhFq.jpg

Mygeeto

latest?cb=20160130214202

mygeeto-main-image_91c503cc.jpeg?region=49%2C0%2C1181%2C665&width=960

Umbara

latest?cb=20111103074304

It's also hinted you get to hijack the AT-ATs as Cal in this game and that's how he gets to meet Saw Gerrera.

Not the ESB version but the Dark Times version from Rebels (an earlier model) of the AT-AT:

1485469370798091664.jpg

https://www.gameinformer.com/feature/2019/06/08/the-true-power-of-the-force

More to come from the Microsoft XBOX Conference tomorrow!
  • Psy3d
    784 posts Member
    edited June 8
    Just way too generic for a 3p game and didn't sell it for me but I will get it when the price go down. The walk and run animation look weird....the gameplay seems mix of heavily borrowed elements from old Prince of Persia 2008 reboot mixed with The Surge's futuristic elements, some enemies from Castlevania:LoS(aka the spiders) and that stasis move from Dead Space.

I didn't see absolutely nothing new...hope it has some killer move star killer had in Force Unleashed series. The only thing that could've saved the game was MP. Hope the SP has the length and story to save it....or else it will be irrelevant very soon just like respawn's titan fall games. I'll get it in 2020 sale...and on PC....need to play it in true 4k.
  • The game looked awful. So disappointed. The droid was super-cute but everything else look really lame. Like no feel at all.

I'm sure the story will be alright but I can watch the cutcenes on the tube for free.

I was hoping for the lightsaber mechanics to be more than just button smashing but noooo .... In fact it looked worse than this game in many aspects.

• Why. Are. There. Arachnids. In. The. Game.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Batman20
    1876 posts Member
    The lightsaber combat looked pretty awesome but I'm just worried the campaign will be really short. Titanfall 2 was only like 5hours if this game ends up being short as well I'll be disappointed
  • ZephanUnbound
    3012 posts Member
    edited June 9
    Batman20 wrote: »
    The lightsaber combat looked pretty awesome but I'm just worried the campaign will be really short. Titanfall 2 was only like 5hours if this game ends up being short as well I'll be disappointed

In Game Informer's rapid fire question video, the director suggested it would be medium length for a single player game, so maybe 20 hours? We know the game has been in development for 4 years, because the director left Sony Santa Monica and joined Respawn 4 years ago, so I doubt it's super short. We also know that the game has an equal number of original and existing planets, and 3 existing planets have been announced so far; Kaskyyyk, Mygeeto, and Umbara; and 1 original planet has been announced (the planet that the game starts on), so at the very least there will be 6 planets. If I had to guess we will see at least 8 planets, I don't think they will have announced 2/3rds of the planets at the very first gameplay event. We also know that some of the planets have more open areas to explore, and that you can revisit planets later in the game after unlocking new force powers that will allow you to access new areas on those old planets, that should help to add some length to the game for completionists.

Edit: I just saw where Game Informer said they were shown a longer version of the Kashyyyk demo than we were, a 30 minute demo. Respawn told them that the 30 minute section of the Kashyyyk they were shown was only 15-20% of Kashyyyk. In other words, Kashyyyk alone will be 2.5-3 hours. Assuming all of the planets are as big as Kashyyyk, we know there are at least 6 planets so far, so that would mean at least 15 hours, and if we are lucky enough to get 10 planets, we could be looking at 25+ hours.
    Post edited by ZephanUnbound on
  • Alex64
    7673 posts Member
    I wonder if the game will have side missions and items or treasures to find
    Why so serious?
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    I wonder if the game will have side missions and items or treasures to find

I’m guessing so. They already said that new sections of old maps will unlock later in the game as you unlock new force powers and other upgrades, Metroidvania style. There must be some incentive to go back and explore those new areas, either side missions or loot of some sort.
  • lowell
    1330 posts Member
    New trailer from XBOX Conference:

AT-AT hijacking confirmed!
  • lowell
    1330 posts Member
    Imperial Troop Transport is in the game:

efv0e1up9e331.png

image_30fb819b.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1920%2C1080&width=960
  • The game looked awful. So disappointed. The droid was super-cute but everything else look really lame. Like no feel at all.

I'm sure the story will be alright but I can watch the cutcenes on the tube for free.

I was hoping for the lightsaber mechanics to be more than just button smashing but noooo .... In fact it looked worse than this game in many aspects.

Alpha gameplay demo. The game isn't finished yet.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • Jimmy89
    156 posts Member
    The gameplay didn't wow me. Very linear. Another jedi escaping order 66? Yawn. 4 months until release and that is it? EA should be worried.
  • Raylol
    1140 posts Member
    Jimmy89 wrote: »
    The gameplay didn't wow me. Very linear. Another jedi escaping order 66? Yawn. 4 months until release and that is it? EA should be worried.

Same as Cyberpunk, Uncharted, Spider-Man, etc.
    All gameplays demos always looks generic because you’re the one that has to play it to get the experience.
  • The only issue I had is that the swordplay seems very clunky. Other than that, I thought it looked pretty fun
  • Raylol wrote: »

Same as Cyberpunk, Uncharted, Spider-Man, etc.
    All gameplays demos always looks generic because you’re the one that has to play it to get the experience.

I sure hope that cyberpunk has more of an open world like GTA, fallen order looked as if there was only one way to go forward and you’re rather restricted in your approach to enemies or obstacles.
    Might be a misconception of course.
  • Alex64
    7673 posts Member
    The only issue I had is that the swordplay seems very clunky. Other than that, I thought it looked pretty fun

Too much arcadey IMO.
    Why so serious?
  • mastery0ta
    6273 posts Member
    I wonder what kind of micro transactions it will have. I hope all my crystals transfer over with interest
  • TheScape
    2237 posts Member
    edited June 10
    It kind of reminded me of Sekiro, and I love that parry system. That and some force powers is all I wanted to see from these demo. It is also worth checking the following link: https://www.resetera.com/threads/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-game-informer-cover-story-summary.121798/

The demo was bland and generic (I agree), but it looks like they chose the worst demo they could to showcase the game...
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • bfloo
    15738 posts Member

I tend to agree, but I've had very little interest in a post Order 66 game.

The Vader comic covered it pretty well.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Batman20
    1876 posts Member
    I thought it looked OK the saber combat looks like it will be alot of fun but it also looks simple. As long as the game has a decent campaign and it lasts for a bit I'll be happy
  • rollind24
    5861 posts Member
    edited June 10
    EA_Tom wrote: »
    I wonder what kind of micro transactions it will have. I hope all my crystals transfer over with interest

No, there are no microtransactions and we have no plans to add any.

Will the game be updated through time content wise or is the game content set at purchase?
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • 2000sGuy
    5855 posts Member
    Right now it looks like a fun little game to play, but im not at the point where I want to pay $60, or even $40 for it.

Plus its gonna have to beat the fun garnered from being stupidly over powerful from the force unleashed game’s
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • OcDoc
    1876 posts Member
    I don’t understand why game developers can’t seem to get through their heads that people want open world experiences. They don’t want the creativity to be done for them. They want to guide and be a part of the creativity.

Linear games are too much like movies you watch but have to participate in to get to watch the rest of the movie. Unless it is a really great story (movie), why would I want to play it?

The weirdest part is that it seems really suited to young gamers in its gameplay but then it has things like cutting soldiers in half and running a lightsaber straight through them. Those aren’t very kid oriented at all.

So who is this game for... from what I can tell it is for bad adult gamers who like Star Wars or for players so obsessed with Star Wars they will play anything they can get their hands on. Maybe there are enough of those people to justify the direction they took the game. Heck, even I might go ahead and get it because of my Star Wars obsession. I just wish it looked more fun and creative.

But once again, it does look gorgeous. So at least they (and DICE) are exceeding expectations on that end regularly. It counts for something.

Last thing to say- After watching the gameplay trailer I couldn’t help but think that GA is a lot less linear than I ever gave it credit for. CS with some more variety in its gameplay elements could be AMAZING!
  • It was just a poor choice for the demo. Devs have already confirmed that the level designs overall are much less linear, they describe the level design as Metroid-vania, meaning that there are new areas within each level that unlock later in the game as you unlock new powers.

As for the combat, it is very Sekiro like, and Sekiro combat was praised.
  • Psy3d
    784 posts Member
    Raylol wrote: »
    Same as Cyberpunk

Blasphemy right there! Burn this heathen alive :#

And the game's actual name is John Wick 2077 and it's way better than some Joker reject pretending to be a Jedi who seem to walk funny as he might have something up his rear end in a game that has nothing original. I say in black Friday 2020 sale this respawn game will be $10-15 max or even free with EA pass....just like other failed respawn titles :D

• LMAO, sorry but it reminded me of Force Unleashed. Everything he was doing looks like button mash mayhem like force unleashed.

To me they just proved to me that I already own this game! 😂.

I'll pass. Plus Ghost Recon Breakpoint said okay we heard you we'll give you your AI teammates.

That's where I'll be. That and Modern Warfare.
  • JediPacoElFlaco
    1338 posts Member
    edited June 11
    This game is a Tomb Raider with lightsabers.

My interest about this game is if they could add the Purge troopers and others troopers (flametroopers) like new reinforcements in Battlefront 2.

1bfioawlu399.png
  • Seems like one of those games that you should buy when it's on sale
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Alex64
    7673 posts Member
    I hate Arcadey games without a challenge to beat, it's just fan service.
    Why so serious?
  • bfloo
    15738 posts Member
    Alex64 wrote: »
    I hate Arcadey games without a challenge to beat, it's just fan service.

It does look like that sort of thing.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• lowell
    1330 posts Member
    Introducing Marvel's 5-issue tie-in miniseries, coming out in September:

Jedi: Fallen Order: Dark Temple

Written by Matthew Rosenberg and Illustrated by Paolo Villanelli

star-wars-jedi-fallen-order.jpg

This is Cere's Clone Wars story and likely going into Order 66.

respanw1.jpg

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-comic?cmp=smc|2397914391
  • quenaelin
    1014 posts Member
    After seeing gameplay I will buy this game for sure, I like playing Tomb Raider and Star Wars games too much to pass this game.