criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar

P2W scandal?

I've just had a message following a game of HvV accusing me of 'taking advantage of the p2W scandal'. Anyone know what they are on about? They also told me that you get points for running in HvV which I am pretty sure is incorrect?

All because I came third as Darth Maul, not exactly dominating the game!

Replies

• **** looking for excuses. There isn't any p2w in this game anymore for a long time.
  • RyanK388
    1743 posts Member
    Early on you could get boxes and levelup your units from card drops that where high level
    That was before the heroes levels were implemented and you had to farm exp to unlock cards like blue and purple
    As example I have a lvl 13 Palpatine with two maxed purple cards and one blue card respectively unlocked at levels 20 and 15
    A lot of my heroes have cards unlocked at levels way below what they should have and THAT is Advantageous to me

So if you read all this you can infer how in-unbalanced it would seem
    You got lucky and got good card drops while others have to do the tedious nitty gritty and level up slow way you know?
  • RyanK388 wrote: »
    Early on you could get boxes and levelup your units from card drops that where high level
    That was before the heroes levels were implemented and you had to farm exp to unlock cards like blue and purple
    As example I have a lvl 13 Palpatine with two maxed purple cards and one blue card respectively unlocked at levels 20 and 15
    A lot of my heroes have cards unlocked at levels way below what they should have and THAT is Advantageous to me

You got lucky and got good card drops while others have to do the tedious nitty gritty and level up slow way you know?

Thanks for the explanation. I can see why that might have been an issue when the game launched, but it's been ages since they got rid of boxes for cards. I don't recall ever getting any epic cards from the boxes but could be mistaken. It used to drive me mad when i didn't get cards for my two HvV mains, Lando and Palpatine.
  • brienj
    680 posts Member
    Emz_1703 wrote: »
    RyanK388 wrote: »

Thanks for the explanation. I can see why that might have been an issue when the game launched, but it's been ages since they got rid of boxes for cards. I don't recall ever getting any epic cards from the boxes but could be mistaken. It used to drive me mad when i didn't get cards for my two HvV mains, Lando and Palpatine.

I've had the game for less than a year, and I already have all the purple cards for every hero that I want unlocked, and every base class infantry, enforcer, and infiltrator maxed out, as well as all weapons and mods. I have only got 500 credits from daily crates, nothing else from crates, so even people that have had the luxury of getting cards from lootboxes still have no advantage over anyone that has got the game recently. The person that messaged you is just mad they lost or something. You don't get points for running BTW, the majority, about 95% of your points, come from the damage you do, so it's pretty hard to get a lot of points if you run and don't engage the enemy.
  • Sometimes I’ll still come across like a level 12 Ray with 2 cards at epic level because they bought the deluxe pre-order edition years ago, but apparently stopped playing

Makes me chuckle
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • DarthLando wrote: »
    Sometimes I’ll still come across like a level 12 Ray with 2 cards at epic level because they bought the deluxe pre-order edition years ago, but apparently stopped playing

Makes me chuckle
    To be fair I have at least 600 hours in this game and have the pre-order deluxe edition and my Rey is only at level 16.
  • DarthLando wrote: »
    Sometimes I’ll still come across like a level 12 Ray with 2 cards at epic level because they bought the deluxe pre-order edition years ago, but apparently stopped playing

Makes me chuckle
    To be fair I have at least 600 hours in this game and have the pre-order deluxe edition and my Rey is only at level 16.

f1bq6gqdte34.gif

PSN: DarthLando-
  • camerog
    225 posts Member
    Emz_1703 wrote: »
    I've just had a message following a game of HvV accusing me of 'taking advantage of the p2W scandal'. Anyone know what they are on about? They also told me that you get points for running in HvV which I am pretty sure is incorrect?

All because I came third as Darth Maul, not exactly dominating the game!

that's just a ridiculous thing to accuse anyone of