criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Are people on this forum interested in the new clone wars season?

Prev134
CC_1010
1427 posts Member
edited April 16
I am. I always liked TCW and the PT.
I hope we get a fitting end for the show and it’s characters.
The final duel of
Maul and Ahsoka will hopefully be super awsome.

Plus the cyber crystal area will also feature another duel between Grievous and Kenobi.

What do you think? Are you interested?

Replies

• bfloo
    15529 posts Member
    Not especially.

I thought cw ended on a good note.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• CC_1010
    1427 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    Not especially.

I kind of agree. The yoda vs sidious Vision episode was fitting. I liked the dark tone.
  • CC_1010
    1427 posts Member
    JayJedi wrote: »
    Very interested. I'm part way through my 3rd watch through of the series to get ready for the new season. I wish it was more than 12 episodes. I'm very interested to see the Ahsoka vs. Maul duel, especially since Ray Park did motion capture for it to capture the true Maul feel.

I agree. Although it would have been nice to see Kenobi vs Maul again. The last time they fought was after Kenobi survived a “plane” crash and he got force stomped.
    But we have rebels so it’s ok.

The grievous vs Kenobi fight will look really cool when finally animated although I don’t like the outcome.
  • I’d be down for a Clone Wars season, but I think other people are getting tired of the PT era for now.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • CC_1010
    1427 posts Member
    I’d be down for a Clone Wars season, but I think other people are getting tired of the PT era for now.

Pretty much.
  • Alwe15
    870 posts Member
    I’d be down for a Clone Wars season, but I think other people are getting tired of the PT era for now.

I think OP was referring to the Disney The Clone Wars series on TV. ☺
  • I’m more excited for episode 9 & The Mandolorian, but yeah, I’m interested
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • Absolutely looking forward to it.
  • CC_1010
    1427 posts Member
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    Not in the slightest, sorry to say.

Have you ever watched TCW?

I have. I watched all 6 seasons. I WISH I was interested in the new season (hence my "sorry to say") but I am completely indifferent to the new season for some reason.

I found the first 6 seasons OK. I really never had a desire to go back and watch them again. I found very few of the plots memorable.

I find it difficult to believe that the Jedi Council had such a severe distrust of Anakin yet at the same time allowed him to have a padawan. But that's just my opinion, didn't like that story choice. I have also never liked the "humor" provided by the droid army or by Jar Jar, it's very childish in my opinion. George knew how to do irony and sarcasm well, but when he went for slapstick comedy it just falls flat and becomes unfunny to me.

Just my opinion, certainly not going to deride anyone for liking the things I don't, or for being excited about it. I'm glad you are. I'll probably watch it at some point, but it's not appointment viewing for me. I'm much more interested in what the Mandalorian is going to be like. I enjoy Jon Favreau's stuff, so that's got my curiosity piqued.

Ok:)
  • Alwe15
    870 posts Member
    TjPunx wrote: »
    No enough Clown Wars

You don't have to watch it. Get a grip.
  • Munedawg wrote: »
    I also think the question above to someone dismissing CW was a good one "did you watch it?" My guess is for most of the naysayers, the answer is "no" and they don't really have any grounds for dismissal. CW was the last creative influence Lucas had on the franchise before Disney. And if cartoons are just for kids, so are space opera fantasies like Star Wars.

Yeah. I get that impression from how some of them call it childish. If you've seen the show, childish is not a word to describe it.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Yeah, but I'm not paying for an app I'd only use to watch the final 3-5 episodes. Hell, the way the trailer played out it was like one big episode.
  • Eat_da_PuePue
    304 posts Member
    edited April 16
    Not really. I watched all of the seasons so far and I'll get around to checking out the new season eventually. There was some interesting stuff and some great episodes, but the majority of the series fell in the awful to "meh" range for me. As a whole, I didn't really care much for it.

EDIT: That being said, if you enjoyed TCW, that's great and I hope you enjoy the new episodes just as much. I guess it's just not my thing. Full disclosure: I really enjoyed the prequels (warts and all) and feel they got a bum rap critically the first time around. So I'm not a prequel hater. TCW series and movie just didn't work for me personally in most instances.
  • Cadoth
    1098 posts Member
    Not in the slightest, sorry to say.

Have you ever watched TCW?

I have. I watched all 6 seasons. I WISH I was interested in the new season (hence my "sorry to say") but I am completely indifferent to the new season for some reason.

I found the first 6 seasons OK. I really never had a desire to go back and watch them again. I found very few of the plots memorable.

I find it difficult to believe that the Jedi Council had such a severe distrust of Anakin yet at the same time allowed him to have a padawan. But that's just my opinion, didn't like that story choice. I have also never liked the "humor" provided by the droid army or by Jar Jar, it's very childish in my opinion. George knew how to do irony and sarcasm well, but when he went for slapstick comedy it just falls flat and becomes unfunny to me.

Just my opinion, certainly not going to deride anyone for liking the things I don't, or for being excited about it. I'm glad you are. I'll probably watch it at some point, but it's not appointment viewing for me. I'm much more interested in what the Mandalorian is going to be like. I enjoy Jon Favreau's stuff, so that's got my curiosity piqued.

Thank you for being respectful, I’m literally blown away by seeing one nice comment about not enjoying TCW series. And thank you for not deriding other ppl for liking stuff you don’t 🤠
  • Absolutely. I want more CW content over any OT, ST, Rebels, or Resistance Content.
  • Cadoth
    1098 posts Member
    Absolutely. I want more CW content over any OT, ST, Rebels, or Resistance Content.

This discussion is about the clone wars show, not the game
  • Batman20
    1776 posts Member
    Nope not at all
  • Empire_TW
    6424 posts Member
    No, not at all.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • CC_1010
    1427 posts Member
    Batman20 wrote: »
    Nope not at all

Have you watched an episode?
  • Batman20
    1776 posts Member
    Nope not at all

Yeah I watched a bit and couldn't really get into it
  • CC_1010
    1427 posts Member
    Nope not at all

Yeah I watched a bit and couldn't really get into it

Ok:)
  • jordi1337
    1386 posts Member
    pretty hyped! the footage was awesome
  • CC_1010 wrote: »
    Nope not at all

No, not at all lol
  • CC_1010
    1427 posts Member
    Nope not at all

No, not at all lol

You did not?! B.. but you have Anakin as your profile picture... He is actually cool in CW...
    Nope not at all

No, not at all lol

What!? You totally should give it a try.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Hell yes, far more than the movie or anything else. But here you’ll tend to find opinions heavily slanted certain ways. Can’t gauge well here what the general consensus is. I’ve found people on Reddit to be far more reasonable, and I haven’t looked a whole lot further
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
    Not especially.

I kind of agree. The yoda vs sidious Vision episode was fitting. I liked the dark tone.

I agree. I'm looking forward to it, but series dont generally end well and they did a good job. Not sure they can do it again.
  • CC_1010
    1427 posts Member
    Not especially.

I agree. I'm looking forward to it, but series dont generally end well and they did a good job. Not sure they can do it again.

The show started and ended with yoda. Now it end with Ahsoka and Rex. Let’s see.
  • Hell yes, far more than the movie or anything else. But here you’ll tend to find opinions heavily slanted certain ways. Can’t gauge well here what the general consensus is. I’ve found people on Reddit to be far more reasonable, and I haven’t looked a whole lot further

WhAt? People on Reddit? Reasonable? Blasphemy! The Reddit is a place of bias and insults and nothing good can ever happen there! /s
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • CC_1010
    1427 posts Member
    Hell yes, far more than the movie or anything else. But here you’ll tend to find opinions heavily slanted certain ways. Can’t gauge well here what the general consensus is. I’ve found people on Reddit to be far more reasonable, and I haven’t looked a whole lot further

WhAt? People on Reddit? Reasonable? Blasphemy! The Reddit is a place of bias and insults and nothing good can ever happen there! /s

This is actually a forum meme isn’t it?
    Hell yes, far more than the movie or anything else. But here you’ll tend to find opinions heavily slanted certain ways. Can’t gauge well here what the general consensus is. I’ve found people on Reddit to be far more reasonable, and I haven’t looked a whole lot further

No, I think they take it seriously.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • AzorAhai
    1328 posts Member
    I'm stoked for all the Star Wars stuff coming out this year.

• CC_1010
    1427 posts Member

lol

lol

0wfqoj0dbiry.jpeg
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • CC_1010
    1427 posts Member

lol

0wfqoj0dbiry.jpeg
    Life must be really hard on this forum with a CW profile pic;)