criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

We don't hate the clone wars, but VARIETY is needed, BALANCE is key

135678

Replies

  • ross42899
    1498 posts Member
    We've been getting nothing but clone wars content since august of last year and that will continue until june, possibly even further

    This has saturated most of us who are casual fans of the clone wars but like the other eras too

    this is great for people who only have eyes for the clone wars, but a lot of us like star wars as a whole

    BALANCE IS KEY (which is what @F8RGE likes to say yet they completely alienate the clone wars fans by releasing nothing but CW content for 10 months and possibly even longer!)

    If they announce clone wars content for july onwards I'll probably be done with this game.

    Yes. I agree. I'm not against TCW/PT content and there is still content they could release from that era at some point, but after getting only TCW/PT era content for more than 6 months now, we need a break from this era and some content from other eras for a change. DICE should focus on more OT era content for summer/fall this year.

    Add finally some skins for Luke & Imperial troops to the game, create some OT era CS maps, add Scarif, add Sullust extraction maps from Bf2015 or something a long those lines. Just have a good mix of content from all eras and don't focus on one era for this long.
  • jordi1337
    1389 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Reading through, jordi and archangel seem to be happy to exclude the other eras for content, with jordi actually saying he will be happy as it would stop other era folks playing the game. Yeah, coz reducing the playerbase further is a great thing to want and aim for...

    The TCW/PT playerbase will not number in the millions like the PT fans seem to think. So if you are happy for one era of content to constantly come, be prepared to struggle to find games in the long run.

    Where exactly did I say i dont want people that like the OT era to stop playing this game? The op originally said that he would stop playing this game if there is more prequel content and also started to throw in insults because i would like to have some content from an era that is more underrepresented than the other. i certainly dont need those kind of toxic people in this community :)
  • CC_1010
    1437 posts Member
    ross42899 wrote: »
    We've been getting nothing but clone wars content since august of last year and that will continue until june, possibly even further

    This has saturated most of us who are casual fans of the clone wars but like the other eras too

    this is great for people who only have eyes for the clone wars, but a lot of us like star wars as a whole

    BALANCE IS KEY (which is what @F8RGE likes to say yet they completely alienate the clone wars fans by releasing nothing but CW content for 10 months and possibly even longer!)

    If they announce clone wars content for july onwards I'll probably be done with this game.

    Yes. I agree. I'm not against TCW/PT content and there is still content they could release from that era at some point, but after getting only TCW/PT era content for more than 6 months now, we need a break from this era and some content from other eras for a change. DICE should focus on more OT era content for summer/fall this year.

    Add finally some skins for Luke & Imperial troops to the game, create some OT era CS maps, add Scarif, add Sullust extraction maps from Bf2015 or something a long those lines. Just have a good mix of content from all eras and don't focus on one era for this long.
    I would actually add more ST content because of episode 9. When the OT and PT are balanced out the ST needs some love with just 4 heroes.
    Although I would like empire skins. Like a Standart death trooper, shock trooper and if it is possible the storm commandos.
  • jordi1337
    1389 posts Member
    Relmets wrote: »
    It's time for ST content. ST is underrepresented, clown wars pandering had been going on long enough. ST is the priority, and will lead up to the upcoming movie very well. Sorry clonies
    Heroes: Agent Terex and Poe, who have a solid rivalry in the comics
    Agent Terex also deserves the elite chrome shockmaster armor
    ob2pwd4gmcup.png
    And of course his elite weapon available to troops:
    0q6ign8tz83e.jpeg
    New maps: planet Ovanis, with an additional map for small modes, the First Order mobile platform
    04qcadlq58gs.png
    The last game had 0 ST content and in this game there is not enough. It's only fair

    wow thats a big joke :D requesting a character from a comic while there are a few main characters from the prequels still not in the game plus he wants a character that didnt even kill a single guy with a blaster. also ironic :)
  • jordi1337
    1389 posts Member
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    It's time for ST content. ST is underrepresented, clown wars pandering had been going on long enough. ST is the priority, and will lead up to the upcoming movie very well. Sorry clonies
    Heroes: Agent Terex and Poe, who have a solid rivalry in the comics
    Agent Terex also deserves the elite chrome shockmaster armor
    ob2pwd4gmcup.png
    And of course his elite weapon available to troops:
    0q6ign8tz83e.jpeg
    New maps: planet Ovanis, with an additional map for small modes, the First Order mobile platform
    04qcadlq58gs.png
    The last game had 0 ST content and in this game there is not enough. It's only fair

    Nah. The sequel trilogy is garbage & they don't have anything that will excite the playerbase at large.

    I'm sorry but stating your opinion as a fact is not an argument. Do you realize that people can and do say the same things about TCW?

    He's just running out of arguments to back up his selfish CW bias.

    Nah just because I didn't agree with you two doesn't mean I'm biased towards the clone wars. I would love if the GCW had more maps for GA, CS, & SA. There is more exciting content in the other two eras than in the sequel trilogy.

    If they wanted they could do a whole CW/PT game... one can only dream:)

    Thanks for confirming my comment about you guys being selfish :D

    you had a whole game dedicated to the OT movies and also the majority of this 2017 game is dedicated to the OT at launch and even still yet in most aspects. how about you let us prequel fans have some more content that is actually important like mace windu or even padme and as a map coruscant?
  • jordi1337
    1389 posts Member
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    My opinion is: At least balance it out. Then work on other eras.

    if you want it to be balanced then sequel and a little more prequel content is whats next.. but there is nothing major from the sequels that you could add. i wouldnt want to see balancement content wise.. i want to have every era have their most important content
  • jordi1337
    1389 posts Member
    edited April 16
    ross42899 wrote: »
    We've been getting nothing but clone wars content since august of last year and that will continue until june, possibly even further

    This has saturated most of us who are casual fans of the clone wars but like the other eras too

    this is great for people who only have eyes for the clone wars, but a lot of us like star wars as a whole

    BALANCE IS KEY (which is what @F8RGE likes to say yet they completely alienate the clone wars fans by releasing nothing but CW content for 10 months and possibly even longer!)

    If they announce clone wars content for july onwards I'll probably be done with this game.

    Yes. I agree. I'm not against TCW/PT content and there is still content they could release from that era at some point, but after getting only TCW/PT era content for more than 6 months now, we need a break from this era and some content from other eras for a change. DICE should focus on more OT era content for summer/fall this year.

    Add finally some skins for Luke & Imperial troops to the game, create some OT era CS maps, add Scarif, add Sullust extraction maps from Bf2015 or something a long those lines. Just have a good mix of content from all eras and don't focus on one era for this long.

    a break from prequel era after 6 months? you had 2 years of content for the OT alone in the 2015 game. and prequel was heavily under-represented at launch. and it is still less content than the ot has (also there are no major characters from the ot that arent already in the game)
  • Batman20
    1776 posts Member
    I agree the clone wars content has been great but if that's all they add now to the game it will just be boring. Give us a rogue one update more original trilogy maps and heroes would be cool as well
  • Alwe15
    874 posts Member
    k34kbd248jq0.jpeg

    And that’s with stuff like chewie, Bossk, and sidious counted for PT when they’re based off OT versions and were in the last game

    Interesting 🤔
  • CC_1010
    1437 posts Member
    k34kbd248jq0.jpeg

    And that’s with stuff like chewie, Bossk, and sidious counted for PT when they’re based off OT versions and were in the last game

    What is Vandor doing in the OT map count?

    Star fighter assault, I think. Isn’t it a map there?
  • k34kbd248jq0.jpeg

    And that’s with stuff like chewie, Bossk, and sidious counted for PT when they’re based off OT versions and were in the last game

    What is Vandor doing in the OT map count?

    Also thanks for pointing out the blind bias from the CW fans that OT has more content


    I think they meant fondor? It does seen to account for SA maps. And actually this backs up CW fans, OT does have more content (not even considering the last game). They have more planets and heroes
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • k34kbd248jq0.jpeg

    And that’s with stuff like chewie, Bossk, and sidious counted for PT when they’re based off OT versions and were in the last game

    Did they really include clone skins heck skins as content?
  • CC_1010
    1437 posts Member
    k34kbd248jq0.jpeg

    And that’s with stuff like chewie, Bossk, and sidious counted for PT when they’re based off OT versions and were in the last game

    Did they really include clone skins heck skins as content?
    I also wondered about that...
  • Alwe15
    874 posts Member
    k34kbd248jq0.jpeg

    And that’s with stuff like chewie, Bossk, and sidious counted for PT when they’re based off OT versions and were in the last game

    Did they really include clone skins heck skins as content?

    Yep. Now OT need 60 skins and devs can get back to PT or start on ST as OT will be far too saturated 😂
  • Starwarsfanboosk_com
    1274 posts Member
    edited April 16
    I just give up, I'll let you guys have your clone wars fantasy, whatever

    and yeah surprised an OT fan is throwing trash at a GCW movie?

    I'm not going to blindly support any film just because of the name and setting, that movie was a gigantic mess and I'm going to treat it as such
  • jordi1337
    1389 posts Member
    edited April 16
    k34kbd248jq0.jpeg

    And that’s with stuff like chewie, Bossk, and sidious counted for PT when they’re based off OT versions and were in the last game

    so OT has still more content in the important aspects! thanks for confirming this bro. should end the discussion which era should get more heroes and maps next! (also obi wan and anakin are also counted as OT Era
  • Alwe15
    874 posts Member
    jordi1337 wrote: »
    k34kbd248jq0.jpeg

    And that’s with stuff like chewie, Bossk, and sidious counted for PT when they’re based off OT versions and were in the last game

    so OT has still more content in the important aspects! thanks for confirming this bro. should end the discussion which era should get more heroes and maps next! (also obi wan and anakin are also counted as OT Era

    Obi Wan, yeah. Why would Anakin be considered OT?
  • jordi1337
    1389 posts Member
    Alwe15 wrote: »
    jordi1337 wrote: »
    k34kbd248jq0.jpeg

    And that’s with stuff like chewie, Bossk, and sidious counted for PT when they’re based off OT versions and were in the last game

    so OT has still more content in the important aspects! thanks for confirming this bro. should end the discussion which era should get more heroes and maps next! (also obi wan and anakin are also counted as OT Era

    Obi Wan, yeah. Why would Anakin be considered OT?

    i dunno. maybe because he basically is anakin again in the end and he kills the emperor as anakin but idk ^^
  • jordi1337
    1389 posts Member
    I just give up, I'll let you guys have your clone wars fantasy, whatever

    and yeah surprised an OT fan is throwing trash at a GCW movie?

    I'm not going to blindly support any film just because of the name and setting, that movie was a gigantic mess and I'm going to treat it as such

    what are you talking about now? looks like you agree that we still need more prequel content because there is less of it in the game and there arent all main characters in the game. complete opposite to ot content
  • CC_1010
    1437 posts Member
    I just give up, I'll let you guys have your clone wars fantasy, whatever

    and yeah surprised an OT fan is throwing trash at a GCW movie?

    I'm not going to blindly support any film just because of the name and setting, that movie was a gigantic mess and I'm going to treat it as such

    Why can’t we all enjoy the game? We will get more OT content, but now the PT/CW era have their moment:)
  • jordi1337
    1389 posts Member
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    I just give up, I'll let you guys have your clone wars fantasy, whatever

    and yeah surprised an OT fan is throwing trash at a GCW movie?

    I'm not going to blindly support any film just because of the name and setting, that movie was a gigantic mess and I'm going to treat it as such

    Why can’t we all enjoy the game? We will get more OT content, but now the PT/CW era have their moment:)

    good ending to the discussion as we wont agree with him!
  • Spiito
    1872 posts Member
    k34kbd248jq0.jpeg

    And that’s with stuff like chewie, Bossk, and sidious counted for PT when they’re based off OT versions and were in the last game
    Nice.

    ST will likely get more content when the next film comes out in December. (& then the ST section will be able to include Calrissian.)

    One question though, where does L3-37's addition fit into that list?
    Han Solo: "We're gonna win."
    Qi'ra: "It’s not that kind of game, Han. The object is not to win but to stay in it as long as you can."
  • CC_1010 wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    It's time for ST content. ST is underrepresented, clown wars pandering had been going on long enough. ST is the priority, and will lead up to the upcoming movie very well. Sorry clonies
    Heroes: Agent Terex and Poe, who have a solid rivalry in the comics
    Agent Terex also deserves the elite chrome shockmaster armor
    ob2pwd4gmcup.png
    And of course his elite weapon available to troops:
    0q6ign8tz83e.jpeg
    New maps: planet Ovanis, with an additional map for small modes, the First Order mobile platform
    04qcadlq58gs.png
    The last game had 0 ST content and in this game there is not enough. It's only fair

    Nah. The sequel trilogy is garbage & they don't have anything that will excite the playerbase at large.

    I'm sorry but stating your opinion as a fact is not an argument. Do you realize that people can and do say the same things about TCW?

    He's just running out of arguments to back up his selfish CW bias.

    Nah just because I didn't agree with you two doesn't mean I'm biased towards the clone wars. I would love if the GCW had more maps for GA, CS, & SA. There is more exciting content in the other two eras than in the sequel trilogy.

    If they wanted they could do a whole CW/PT game... one can only dream:)

    Thanks for confirming my comment about you guys being selfish :D

    Do we want that game to be this game? No.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Relmets
    2222 posts Member
    Relmets wrote: »
    Piscettios wrote: »
    I’d personally rather see them add content from the PT movies rather than the cartoons. Plenty of content left from ALL eras movies to dive into before anything toon should be considered hero-wise. Although I’m very aware Dice feels differently and will most likely add toon characters soon. And when that happens I will most likely never play a hero mode again.

    I just have zero desire to see a ‘realistic’ rendition of Ahsuck and Ventrice running around next to cool Han and Dooku. I’ve seen the art work and cringe cosplay, think it all looks weird and awkward. They allegedly attempted to do that with Ani, and he’s one of the worst looking heroes in the game.

    Regardless, the balance has been lopsided and awful since launch. They should be spreading this CW junk out a bit more

    *notices the use of petty Ahsuck insult*
    Well, my opinion of the quality of your argument just decreased.

    It clearly isn't petty if it makes you upset
    No offense of course
    bi8dq8vffa38.gif

    Not really upset at all...
    More like something dumb that makes me roll my eyes. Using these petty misspellings just makes you seem immature.
    Lovely. Now I know who to blame for that.
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    ZmanGames wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Piscettios wrote: »
    I’d personally rather see them add content from the PT movies rather than the cartoons. Plenty of content left from ALL eras movies to dive into before anything toon should be considered hero-wise. Although I’m very aware Dice feels differently and will most likely add toon characters soon. And when that happens I will most likely never play a hero mode again.

    I just have zero desire to see a ‘realistic’ rendition of Ahsuck and Ventrice running around next to cool Han and Dooku. I’ve seen the art work and cringe cosplay, think it all looks weird and awkward. They allegedly attempted to do that with Ani, and he’s one of the worst looking heroes in the game.

    Regardless, the balance has been lopsided and awful since launch. They should be spreading this CW junk out a bit more

    *notices the use of petty Ahsuck insult*
    Well, my opinion of the quality of your argument just decreased.

    It clearly isn't petty if it makes you upset
    No offense of course
    bi8dq8vffa38.gif

    Are you okay with OT and ST content pulling from beyond the films like the shows, books, comics, etc. or you're just a films-only/films-first content? Because you're almost hitting the wall when it comes to just film-based content, just realize that.

    Don't make assumptions. The GCW (notice I said GCW, not OT) is my preferred era but I'm more concerned with making a push for infantry content.

    The Marvel comics and Del Rey novels (especially Twilight Company, Inferno Squad, the upcoming Alphabet Squadron trilogy, and to a certain extent, the Aftermath trilogy) also takes place during the GCW, would that be under consideration for any type of content even infantry?

    Why are you interrogating me
    ZmanGames wrote: »
    Piscettios wrote: »
    I’d personally rather see them add content from the PT movies rather than the cartoons. Plenty of content left from ALL eras movies to dive into before anything toon should be considered hero-wise. Although I’m very aware Dice feels differently and will most likely add toon characters soon. And when that happens I will most likely never play a hero mode again.

    I just have zero desire to see a ‘realistic’ rendition of Ahsuck and Ventrice running around next to cool Han and Dooku. I’ve seen the art work and cringe cosplay, think it all looks weird and awkward. They allegedly attempted to do that with Ani, and he’s one of the worst looking heroes in the game.

    Regardless, the balance has been lopsided and awful since launch. They should be spreading this CW junk out a bit more



    P.S. Purposely misspelling the name of a character like that just makes you come off as not having a real argument. You're undermining any legitimacy that your argument actually has when you do something like this and it makes it harder for people to take you seriously.

    Imagine being this upset by a punny nickname for a character you like
    sy9gigw3mms8.jpeg

    Just asking if that ever came across your mind because you can't just be thinking only the films for GCW, right? The Battle of Jakku was in the novels (Lost Stars came out in September) before even Battlefront 2015 released it a map and Aftermath: Empire's End featured it before it showed up in this game's campaign like even Operation: Cinder was pulled from Marvel's Shattered Empire miniseries.

    Look just add infantry content I don't even care where it's from

    Thank you for answering that.

    You're welcome bud
    ZmanGames wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Piscettios wrote: »
    I’d personally rather see them add content from the PT movies rather than the cartoons. Plenty of content left from ALL eras movies to dive into before anything toon should be considered hero-wise. Although I’m very aware Dice feels differently and will most likely add toon characters soon. And when that happens I will most likely never play a hero mode again.

    I just have zero desire to see a ‘realistic’ rendition of Ahsuck and Ventrice running around next to cool Han and Dooku. I’ve seen the art work and cringe cosplay, think it all looks weird and awkward. They allegedly attempted to do that with Ani, and he’s one of the worst looking heroes in the game.

    Regardless, the balance has been lopsided and awful since launch. They should be spreading this CW junk out a bit more

    *notices the use of petty Ahsuck insult*
    Well, my opinion of the quality of your argument just decreased.

    It clearly isn't petty if it makes you upset
    No offense of course
    bi8dq8vffa38.gif

    Are you okay with OT and ST content pulling from beyond the films like the shows, books, comics, etc. or you're just a films-only/films-first content? Because you're almost hitting the wall when it comes to just film-based content, just realize that.

    Don't make assumptions. The GCW (notice I said GCW, not OT) is my preferred era but I'm more concerned with making a push for infantry content.

    The Marvel comics and Del Rey novels (especially Twilight Company, Inferno Squad, the upcoming Alphabet Squadron trilogy, and to a certain extent, the Aftermath trilogy) also takes place during the GCW, would that be under consideration for any type of content even infantry?

    Why are you interrogating me
    ZmanGames wrote: »
    Piscettios wrote: »
    I’d personally rather see them add content from the PT movies rather than the cartoons. Plenty of content left from ALL eras movies to dive into before anything toon should be considered hero-wise. Although I’m very aware Dice feels differently and will most likely add toon characters soon. And when that happens I will most likely never play a hero mode again.

    I just have zero desire to see a ‘realistic’ rendition of Ahsuck and Ventrice running around next to cool Han and Dooku. I’ve seen the art work and cringe cosplay, think it all looks weird and awkward. They allegedly attempted to do that with Ani, and he’s one of the worst looking heroes in the game.

    Regardless, the balance has been lopsided and awful since launch. They should be spreading this CW junk out a bit more



    P.S. Purposely misspelling the name of a character like that just makes you come off as not having a real argument. You're undermining any legitimacy that your argument actually has when you do something like this and it makes it harder for people to take you seriously.

    Imagine being this upset by a punny nickname for a character you like
    sy9gigw3mms8.jpeg

    Not once did I do anything to indicate that I am upset, especially since you're the one replying to any comment that points out this fact. I'm just letting you know that doing that comes off as immature and as a cover for not having a real argument. If you don't want to know or don't care about how you sound to others in a discussion then be my guest. But if you're trying to prove or defend a claim then acting in that manner is basically arguing against yourself.
    Another forum intellectual lecturing people about maturity

    7wh3jgs3s6je.gif

    Another troll wishing they were getting the response they wanted :lol:

    I also want you to know I propagated the "clown wars" meme

    fhout2msmbqr.gif
    Lovely. Now I know who to blame for that.

    Yep, It’s pretty childish.
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    ZmanGames wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Piscettios wrote: »
    I’d personally rather see them add content from the PT movies rather than the cartoons. Plenty of content left from ALL eras movies to dive into before anything toon should be considered hero-wise. Although I’m very aware Dice feels differently and will most likely add toon characters soon. And when that happens I will most likely never play a hero mode again.

    I just have zero desire to see a ‘realistic’ rendition of Ahsuck and Ventrice running around next to cool Han and Dooku. I’ve seen the art work and cringe cosplay, think it all looks weird and awkward. They allegedly attempted to do that with Ani, and he’s one of the worst looking heroes in the game.

    Regardless, the balance has been lopsided and awful since launch. They should be spreading this CW junk out a bit more

    *notices the use of petty Ahsuck insult*
    Well, my opinion of the quality of your argument just decreased.

    It clearly isn't petty if it makes you upset
    No offense of course
    bi8dq8vffa38.gif

    Are you okay with OT and ST content pulling from beyond the films like the shows, books, comics, etc. or you're just a films-only/films-first content? Because you're almost hitting the wall when it comes to just film-based content, just realize that.

    Don't make assumptions. The GCW (notice I said GCW, not OT) is my preferred era but I'm more concerned with making a push for infantry content.

    The Marvel comics and Del Rey novels (especially Twilight Company, Inferno Squad, the upcoming Alphabet Squadron trilogy, and to a certain extent, the Aftermath trilogy) also takes place during the GCW, would that be under consideration for any type of content even infantry?

    Why are you interrogating me
    ZmanGames wrote: »
    Piscettios wrote: »
    I’d personally rather see them add content from the PT movies rather than the cartoons. Plenty of content left from ALL eras movies to dive into before anything toon should be considered hero-wise. Although I’m very aware Dice feels differently and will most likely add toon characters soon. And when that happens I will most likely never play a hero mode again.

    I just have zero desire to see a ‘realistic’ rendition of Ahsuck and Ventrice running around next to cool Han and Dooku. I’ve seen the art work and cringe cosplay, think it all looks weird and awkward. They allegedly attempted to do that with Ani, and he’s one of the worst looking heroes in the game.

    Regardless, the balance has been lopsided and awful since launch. They should be spreading this CW junk out a bit more



    P.S. Purposely misspelling the name of a character like that just makes you come off as not having a real argument. You're undermining any legitimacy that your argument actually has when you do something like this and it makes it harder for people to take you seriously.

    Imagine being this upset by a punny nickname for a character you like
    sy9gigw3mms8.jpeg

    Just asking if that ever came across your mind because you can't just be thinking only the films for GCW, right? The Battle of Jakku was in the novels (Lost Stars came out in September) before even Battlefront 2015 released it a map and Aftermath: Empire's End featured it before it showed up in this game's campaign like even Operation: Cinder was pulled from Marvel's Shattered Empire miniseries.

    Look just add infantry content I don't even care where it's from

    Thank you for answering that.

    You're welcome bud
    ZmanGames wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Piscettios wrote: »
    I’d personally rather see them add content from the PT movies rather than the cartoons. Plenty of content left from ALL eras movies to dive into before anything toon should be considered hero-wise. Although I’m very aware Dice feels differently and will most likely add toon characters soon. And when that happens I will most likely never play a hero mode again.

    I just have zero desire to see a ‘realistic’ rendition of Ahsuck and Ventrice running around next to cool Han and Dooku. I’ve seen the art work and cringe cosplay, think it all looks weird and awkward. They allegedly attempted to do that with Ani, and he’s one of the worst looking heroes in the game.

    Regardless, the balance has been lopsided and awful since launch. They should be spreading this CW junk out a bit more

    *notices the use of petty Ahsuck insult*
    Well, my opinion of the quality of your argument just decreased.

    It clearly isn't petty if it makes you upset
    No offense of course
    bi8dq8vffa38.gif

    Are you okay with OT and ST content pulling from beyond the films like the shows, books, comics, etc. or you're just a films-only/films-first content? Because you're almost hitting the wall when it comes to just film-based content, just realize that.

    Don't make assumptions. The GCW (notice I said GCW, not OT) is my preferred era but I'm more concerned with making a push for infantry content.

    The Marvel comics and Del Rey novels (especially Twilight Company, Inferno Squad, the upcoming Alphabet Squadron trilogy, and to a certain extent, the Aftermath trilogy) also takes place during the GCW, would that be under consideration for any type of content even infantry?

    Why are you interrogating me
    ZmanGames wrote: »
    Piscettios wrote: »
    I’d personally rather see them add content from the PT movies rather than the cartoons. Plenty of content left from ALL eras movies to dive into before anything toon should be considered hero-wise. Although I’m very aware Dice feels differently and will most likely add toon characters soon. And when that happens I will most likely never play a hero mode again.

    I just have zero desire to see a ‘realistic’ rendition of Ahsuck and Ventrice running around next to cool Han and Dooku. I’ve seen the art work and cringe cosplay, think it all looks weird and awkward. They allegedly attempted to do that with Ani, and he’s one of the worst looking heroes in the game.

    Regardless, the balance has been lopsided and awful since launch. They should be spreading this CW junk out a bit more



    P.S. Purposely misspelling the name of a character like that just makes you come off as not having a real argument. You're undermining any legitimacy that your argument actually has when you do something like this and it makes it harder for people to take you seriously.

    Imagine being this upset by a punny nickname for a character you like
    sy9gigw3mms8.jpeg

    Not once did I do anything to indicate that I am upset, especially since you're the one replying to any comment that points out this fact. I'm just letting you know that doing that comes off as immature and as a cover for not having a real argument. If you don't want to know or don't care about how you sound to others in a discussion then be my guest. But if you're trying to prove or defend a claim then acting in that manner is basically arguing against yourself.
    Another forum intellectual lecturing people about maturity

    7wh3jgs3s6je.gif

    Another troll wishing they were getting the response they wanted :lol:

    I also want you to know I propagated the "clown wars" meme

    fhout2msmbqr.gif
    Lovely. Now I know who to blame for that.

    Yep, It’s pretty childish.

    Hence why my opinion of the quality of his arguments has decreased.

    So to clarify, you want to moan about maturity but at the same time you're getting so hung up on something that is somehow "petty" but also clearly bothers you so much that it affects how you view people's arguments.
    Yeah, talk about mature. Get over yourselves LOL. Glad to know a few misspellings hold a great deal of power over you. Will be useful for future encounters.

    0124ca06729m.gif

    [+3748 posts]
  • Relmets
    2222 posts Member
    Also should point out that the Clone Wars content has had a positive impact on the game and it's player numbers. People are coming back to the game, and it's getting positive re-reviews from content creators that trashed it at launch. Why? Because it's fresh, new content. Gamers want new experiences in their games, and the new content direction gives hope for continued support.

    And are you implying ST content wouldn't appeal to players in the same way? Or...
    [+3748 posts]
  • Relmets wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    It's time for ST content. ST is underrepresented, clown wars pandering had been going on long enough. ST is the priority, and will lead up to the upcoming movie very well. Sorry clonies
    Heroes: Agent Terex and Poe, who have a solid rivalry in the comics
    Agent Terex also deserves the elite chrome shockmaster armor
    ob2pwd4gmcup.png
    And of course his elite weapon available to troops:
    0q6ign8tz83e.jpeg
    New maps: planet Ovanis, with an additional map for small modes, the First Order mobile platform
    04qcadlq58gs.png
    The last game had 0 ST content and in this game there is not enough. It's only fair

    Nah. The sequel trilogy is garbage & they don't have anything that will excite the playerbase at large.

    I'm sorry but stating your opinion as a fact is not an argument. Do you realize that people can and do say the same things about TCW?

    He's just running out of arguments to back up his selfish CW bias.

    Nah just because I didn't agree with you two doesn't mean I'm biased towards the clone wars. I would love if the GCW had more maps for GA, CS, & SA. There is more exciting content in the other two eras than in the sequel trilogy.

    Nah but your just bias against the ST. And I think you're not fooling ANYBODY about your blatant CW pushing.
  • budzai
    102 posts Member
    edited April 16
    Personally I am indifferent towards CW. But disney already destroyed balance with the ST so....

    And you forgot this overused meme :)

    https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/027/257/perfectly-balanced-as-all-things-should-be.jpg
  • budzai wrote: »
    Personally I am indifferent towards CW. But disney already destroyed balance with the ST so....

    And you forgot this overused meme :)

    https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/027/257/perfectly-balanced-as-all-things-should-be.jpg

    And I disagree...I'm not but hurt over the ST like some are...I'm into em. I guess your opinion can't be validated any further than what it is, your opinion.

  • Relmets wrote: »

    Nah I think it's a fact that the st era just doesn't have anything that'll really sell & excite the playerbase( the majority).

    But it doesn't matter what you THINK is a fact. What's your evidence that ST wouldn't appeal to players? How do you qualify to speak on behalf of the majority?
    jordi1337 wrote: »

    wow thats a big joke :D requesting a character from a comic while there are a few main characters from the prequels still not in the game plus he wants a character that didnt even kill a single guy with a blaster. also ironic :)

    Irrelevant, stating your opinion as a fact is not an argument. Stop crying about ST content.

    The majority?? Who is that? I guarantee if they come up with a poll about which era do you guys want the ST would be last
  • Relmets wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    It's time for ST content. ST is underrepresented, clown wars pandering had been going on long enough. ST is the priority, and will lead up to the upcoming movie very well. Sorry clonies
    Heroes: Agent Terex and Poe, who have a solid rivalry in the comics
    Agent Terex also deserves the elite chrome shockmaster armor
    ob2pwd4gmcup.png
    And of course his elite weapon available to troops:
    0q6ign8tz83e.jpeg
    New maps: planet Ovanis, with an additional map for small modes, the First Order mobile platform
    04qcadlq58gs.png
    The last game had 0 ST content and in this game there is not enough. It's only fair

    Nah. The sequel trilogy is garbage & they don't have anything that will excite the playerbase at large.

    I'm sorry but stating your opinion as a fact is not an argument. Do you realize that people can and do say the same things about TCW?

    He's just running out of arguments to back up his selfish CW bias.

    Nah just because I didn't agree with you two doesn't mean I'm biased towards the clone wars. I would love if the GCW had more maps for GA, CS, & SA. There is more exciting content in the other two eras than in the sequel trilogy.

    Nah but your just bias against the ST. And I think you're not fooling ANYBODY about your blatant CW pushing.

    Okay tell me right now what characters & maps you'd put into the game. That would sell like hot cakes. Clone wars pushing? Honestly after ahsoka & ventress I want some OT content. Could only imagine a GA map on the death star or the trench run in SA. A capital supremacy map for jakku or yavinIV. The sequel trilogy would be another solo season... boring
  • budzai
    102 posts Member
    budzai wrote: »
    Personally I am indifferent towards CW. But disney already destroyed balance with the ST so....

    And you forgot this overused meme :)

    https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/027/257/perfectly-balanced-as-all-things-should-be.jpg

    And I disagree...I'm not but hurt over the ST like some are...I'm into em. I guess your opinion can't be validated any further than what it is, your opinion.

    Nope. Vader brought balance to the Force then 30 years latter we are where we were. These are facts. You can believe what you want, hell there are people who think the Earth is flat...
  • Relmets wrote: »

    The majority?? Who is that?

    You tell me, you're the one talking about them
    Relmets wrote: »

    Nah I think it's a fact that the st era just doesn't have anything that'll really sell & excite the playerbase( the majority).

    But it doesn't matter what you THINK is a fact. What's your evidence that ST wouldn't appeal to players? How do you qualify to speak on behalf of the majority?
    jordi1337 wrote: »

    wow thats a big joke :D requesting a character from a comic while there are a few main characters from the prequels still not in the game plus he wants a character that didnt even kill a single guy with a blaster. also ironic :)

    Irrelevant, stating your opinion as a fact is not an argument. Stop crying about ST content.
    I guarantee if they come up with a poll about which era do you guys want the ST would be last

    A poll? Okay
    5qgxkxasv5cn.jpeg
    Here is a poll from SWBFupdates. Yes this is about films/TV and not the game, but it's a battlefront updates poll. It's safe to assume that the majority of his following either play or are interested in the future of the game to some degree. If a solid amount of people are intrigued by the new ST movie then there's no reason not to do IX content that lands before the movie releases, with some ST lead up along the way (Fall). Remember, clownies want to tell everyone that we need another year of clone wars drip feed because PT is underrepresented compared to OT. Well ST is even more underrepresented, so by that logic they should start working on ST content. This thread has demonstrated that there is more than enough to work with. Just because you don't have a preference for it doesn't mean otherwise. And before you call me out for citing a single poll, remember you are the one who suggested looking at that kind of data.

    New content is more significant than launch content at this stage of the game's lifespan, with its "live service." The majority of new content has been clown wars.
    -People asked for an alternative large mode to GA; it came as a CW exclusive mode, with upcoming maps being CW only so far.
    -People asked for an era accurate large mixed mode; they were told it wasn't practical for this game, then CS became CW era only for heroes.
    -people asked for new reinforcements; they were CW exclusive
    -people asked for all around trooper customization; the guy who should have been doing weapons wasted time making 80+ deviant-art tier clone skins
    -the new heroes have all been CW sabers

    Clownies can either admit that it doesn't matter that the OT has marginally more things in a few aspects of the game considering the recent CW focus, or they can continue with their logic and recognize that it's time for ST content.
    Pick
    By the way I'm not even too concerned with this whole era conflict, I have a preferred era but I want trooper content more than anything. I'm just pointing out how a lot of CW zealots are contradicting themselves

    dg4v1p042vau.gif

    Ya got me. I personally think that after all the clone wars content is in we should get OT maps for capital supremacy, more blasters, & more maps for extraction( wouldn't mind a kamino map) before we get to the ST. Before we get anything sequel themed let's show the OT some love. Grand Admiral thrawn, krennic, jyn, nub, dengar would be preferred heroes over St heroes & they will sell more than a hux & snoke & whoever. Does the ST need content sure but, what large scale battles have they had that's not already in. starkiller, jakku, & crait are in already. You'd have to really search hard for st era content. I agree we need more weapons & trooper content. Extraction, blast, strike should be shown some love.
  • I like the PT as much as anyone, but Ive always said from the moment that they released a roadmap with nothing but PT content that I think it was a mistake. Everyone should have new content that is from their favorite Star Wars era and I think adding new content for all 3 eras equally would have been the better option, especially when it comes to adding skins. I still cant choose the gender of my classes :(

    Im supportive of people who wanted clone wars era content, but Ill never agree with focusing only on that. For me anyway, the clone wars have the least emotional battles because of how replaceable the units are. They might be beautiful and big but they are also a little boring. I would prefer OT and ST over all, but I think having a balance between the three is the best option and will please the most amount of people.

    Right now I'm not entirely pleased with the variety of content that has been added into the game, but Ill need to do more investigating *nods*
    "The question," she replied, "Is not whether you will love, hurt, dream, and die. It is what you will love, why you will hurt, when you will dream, and how you will die. This is your choice. You cannot pick the destination, only the path." - Oathbringer.
  • Relmets wrote: »
    Also should point out that the Clone Wars content has had a positive impact on the game and it's player numbers. People are coming back to the game, and it's getting positive re-reviews from content creators that trashed it at launch. Why? Because it's fresh, new content. Gamers want new experiences in their games, and the new content direction gives hope for continued support.

    And are you implying ST content wouldn't appeal to players in the same way? Or...

    Not at all. I fully expect Episode 9 tie in content possibly as early as December. Depending on how that movie goes, it may have some very impactful content. They've done the major content from the first two movies.

    Until then, PT content is the best option. I think people are blowing out of proportion the amount of content coming too. I'm guessing we will get maybe one more location before Episode 9, and 2 to 4 heroes. Despite all the complaining, this Clone Wars "season" only gave us Geonosis and 4 heroes. So I can see something like Coruscant, Ahoska, Ventress, Padme, and Aurra Sing or Jango Fett coming in the fall.

    I think its possible we will see them start to add OT era content to CS.
  • The way I see it, a content rotation has been happening. It's been slow since the loot box mess set their DLC plans back, but a content rotation has happened:
    • ST content in Dec 2017 - Jan 2018 with Crait, Finn, Phasma, etc.
    • OT content through June 2018 with Ewok Hunt, Bespin, Jabba's Palace, Extraction, Kessel, and Solo.
    • PT content since then including Geonosis, Skins, Anakin, Dooku, Obi-Wan, Grievous, and Capital Supremacy. Maybe more coming in Fall.
    • ST content is likely to continue in Dec 2019 for Episode 9.
    • 2020 content options after Episode 9 include Mandalorian, Fallen Order, other OT era, Clone Wars Season 7

    There's been other QoL improvements too of course, but generally speaking, that's maybe 3 DLC packs worth of content in a Season pass. So it's not like we've been getting snowed in with PT content or anything else really lol.
  • The focus should really move back to Rogue One. It's the last film without any representation, except from a mere Death Trooper. It should come with Scarif, two heroes and OT infiltrators.

    - Then OT skins, including for PT characters such as Obi-Wan.
    - Then ST skins, mostly for OT characters like the big three. And ST infiltrators
    - Then a few more lacking PT heroes, like Mace and Jango. Maybe benefit from TCW Season 7 with Ahsoka and Ventress.
    - Then ST heroes and maps from Episode 9. Poe will certainly benefit from an Episode 9 moveset and skin, since it appears to be there his most important ground-fighter role.

    Rebels and Resistance probably, and unfortunately do not have the aura TCW has. Whatever people say around here, the era and this series are enjoyed by more people than we know. It was cancelled at the beginning of a PT denial campaign but revived when Disney realized it actually did appeal to a lot of people compared to their new installments. Except Rogue One.

    I read 21 skins for OT troopers. How so ?
    - 4 skins for Rebel Assault ; 5 skins for Rebel Heavies ; 5 skins for Rebel Officers ; 7 skins for Rebel Specialists ; 5 skins for Imperial Officers

    So 26 skins. Besides, I could swear I've seen for the rebels :
    - 4 Marine skins (ANH) ; 3 Endor skins (I don't count the officer back again) ; 3 Desert skins (I don't count the officer back again) ; 4 Hoth skins

    Despite not selectable, the devs did put up these variations.
    - 4x4=16 Rebel Assault ; 5x4=20 Rebel Heavies ; 5x2=10 Rebel Officers ; 7x4=28 Rebel Specialists ; 5x2=10 Imperial Officers ; 2 Imperial Assaults (Snowtroopers) ; 2 Imperial Heavies (Snowtroopers)

    So, we have 88 variations for OT troopers. My point is that anything can be said from mere figures. Despite not selectable, the devs did put up 88 variations. And I leave the Imperial Specialist that does not have any variation. And let's not talk about repetitions otherwise the 4 Phase 1 clone troopers can sum up to a single skin.
  • Alwe15
    874 posts Member
    jordi1337 wrote: »
    Alwe15 wrote: »
    jordi1337 wrote: »
    k34kbd248jq0.jpeg

    And that’s with stuff like chewie, Bossk, and sidious counted for PT when they’re based off OT versions and were in the last game

    so OT has still more content in the important aspects! thanks for confirming this bro. should end the discussion which era should get more heroes and maps next! (also obi wan and anakin are also counted as OT Era

    Obi Wan, yeah. Why would Anakin be considered OT?

    i dunno. maybe because he basically is anakin again in the end and he kills the emperor as anakin but idk ^^

    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. But if that is the criteria for including a character in one era or another then technically Vader is also a PT Villain.
  • SnakeMajin wrote: »
    The focus should really move back to Rogue One. It's the last film without any representation,

    BINGO!
  • ArchAngeL_777
    1786 posts Member
    edited April 17
    Duplicate post from when it got caught up in approval.
    Post edited by ArchAngeL_777 on
  • I would take it if it does shift back to Rogue One. However, I think when we get near the Cassian Andor Rogue One prequel on Disney+ that would be the best time to drop Rogue One content in the game.

    Capital Supremacy imo needs to drive added content from here on out. If they plan to add OT era to Capital Supremacy, starting with Rogue One this summer/fall, then fine. Lets do it.

    Otherwise, I would prefer them to beef up CS with PT content like maybe Coruscant. Then later on if they do Mandalore to tie in with Clone Wars Season 7, they could add Coruscant maps in the famed level 1313.

    Honestly, imo the best way to add OT era content to this game would be to start retrofitting current OT era maps into CS. They could start in July or August, add one OT era map per month, and then maybe look at adding ST era to CS with Episode 9.
  • SnakeMajin
    363 posts Member
    edited April 17
    k34kbd248jq0.jpeg

    And that’s with stuff like chewie, Bossk, and sidious counted for PT when they’re based off OT versions and were in the last game

    In all seriousness, I would have never thought there are people who consider a clone legion's 4 copy-pasted phase 1 skins have the same weight as 4 full OT maps.

    I mean we don't consider the 4 Rebel specialist human skins are equal to the 4 ST maps, do we ? :*
  • lowell
    1104 posts Member
    Maybe instead of content drops by era, we should just do buffet rotation by specific game items we want. The next drop after the 3 CS maps should be troopers content from the OT era, heroes from the PT era, maps from OT to finish the film barrel. The next drop would have each category rotate to the next era and the next drop would have another rotation and the cycle repeats as there are specific developers working on certain things. New content like TCW Season 7, The Mandalorian, Resistance Season 2, TROS, and Fallen Order could have some influence on the content being dropped into the game. I could do without a new mode for a while unless there's something out of the ordinary like a space to ground or vice versa or even a capital ship in space-only mode with infantry taking it down in the inside and starfighters taking it down in the outside.
  • Rogue one would be awesome. However, i would be content for now if they just added some st and or CS maps.
  • There is such a divide in personal opinion about this topic it's almost impossible. Personally anything animated and calls itself star wars is just so cringy it hurts... But that's just me.

    I maintain the problem is the communication from Devs. The community expectations must be managed better. If we had known there would be months of content drops from the one era when we bought the game people would have been able to make a more informed choice.

    As it is expectations are built up and then ruined with every road map and content drop which causes frustration and endless debates like this one which ultimately solve nothing.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!