criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Darth Maul Community Quests

This place is one big cryfest...Is there anything people like about the game?

Prev1
I've never seen so much complaining over a video game...by people that continue to play the game regularly.
Maybe it's time for you to just move on to something else

Replies

• I like HvV, GA with good teamwork, CS, Blast, Starfighter Assault, and HS when I can get a game.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • The only gamemode that I still like is Blast and the main reason I play this game is that its one of the few modern Star Wars games.

I guess those are things it has going for it.
  • I think it's an exceptional game and they've done a good job with it. It's unfortunate that Anakin has made it really hard to play any game mode besides heroes and villains. And even then I just want to be dark side so I can abuse ani babies.
  • If you can post your opinion here, they should be able to post theirs also.
  • Whats the fun in that. Saying nice things is boring.
  • I like the fighting mechanics of the saber users.
    I also like the simplicity of the shooter classes.

I'm like 40 and played a lot of games in my days. Devs did very well with design and graphics on both EA versions, tho I was hoping for a sabers only mode in 2 or something a little closer to the original BF2, but I know the first one was more shooter based for gameplay. One can always hope they add more saber users and possibly a saber only mode for heros.
  • Hesha wrote: »
    Rabid_Ewok wrote: »
    I've never seen so much complaining over a video game...by people that continue to play the game regularly.

Sadly this community is pretty toxic :/

Yeah, yeah... toxic Star Wars fan base 😓
  • Rabid_Ewok wrote: »

Someone hasn't checked out the the Red Dead forums...
  • holstar1993
    1140 posts Member
    edited April 16
    Welcome to the internet.

I love extraction. Too bad they abandoned it.
  • Some things are broken and that's a legitimate complaint but there are always the "(insert weapon/hero) killed me so nerf it."people on here.

Sometimes you have to respawn and just keep playing.
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber
  • OcDoc
    1488 posts Member
    Love the game and say it regularly.

Just want it to be the best it can be within reason.

A lot of times I also try to help newbs with their questions. Unlike some people, I am happy to help new players get some questions answered and realize they are overall good for the game.
  • Cmon now, you know star Wars fans gotta complain about anything and everything!
  • As someone who mainly plays GA, I’ll enjoy playing this game a lot more once anakin is properly balanced
  • rollind24
    5567 posts Member
    KZ_Toxic wrote: »

Now this caught my attention. When that game came out it was the best thing to ever happen to video games, it even transcended video games into a cultural phenomenon if I were to believe the reviews the first weekend. I haven’t heard much about it since, what happened?
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Chem0
    131 posts Member

You know what I like about the game? The title. S.T.A.R. W.A.R.S. You know what I don't like? I don't like the fact that they made this game so poorly that any gamer with a sense of integrity or sportsmanship can't play without taking a shower to wash off the scum afterwards.

This forum is for paying customers, not "fans". This is where you'll find the best feedback, bug reports, etc about this game.

You want me to move on from the game? Tough grits. Why don't you move on from the forums? I hear Reddit is ripe this time of year. You'll fit in great over there, with all the other mindless, Clone skin loving, pajamas wearing, zombies that claim there's any kind of entertainment value in the current state of this mess of a game.

Best feedback my ***. Some feedback and suggestion posts are really well put together and insightful. Majority of new posts/threads are just a waste of forum space and same people "playing" their forum scuffle about who or what faction are the biggest SW fans.
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    KZ_Toxic wrote: »

Now this caught my attention. When that game came out it was the best thing to ever happen to video games, it even transcended video games into a cultural phenomenon if I were to believe the reviews the first weekend. I haven’t heard much about it since, what happened?

It’s the online portion that’s the problem. It’s lackluster and very boring. Online wasn’t even a thing upon initial release hence why there weren’t many complaints. I don’t particularly care about online because I bought the game mainly for single player. The single player is spectacular.
  • lowell
    961 posts Member
    Well, I do like the starfighter controls in this game better than Battlefront 2015 when that one had three specific keys to just target something and this one had control similar to the original Battlefront series.

The campaign was okay but the DLC portion seems odd to be left hanging even after TLJ left theaters without any continuation to the cliffhanger.

Really liked how there are more than just OT content instead of Battlefront 2015 but the game is still majority-focused on the films instead of venturing beyond it, which is this game's purpose, to provide the ultimate experience of all of Star Wars canon.

The way I feel the forums is it's criticism fused with a passive-aggressive of continuous weekday version of Shitpost Saturdays (a tradition on Reddit). What Reddit is supposed to be is this forum and what this forum is supposed to be is on Reddit.
  • Dash wrote: »
    It would be easy to just take 4 hours of my time, and my 4 years experience here to type up a dissertation of Every, Single, Thing that needs adjusting, balancing, revision, as well as refinement. (Lord knows I can because I’ve basically written a guide for you all on everything and anything these past few years. I know Balance/know this game). But I simply don’t have that time, nor the will to profess all of that. Just simply can’t atm.

That statement in itself should suffice. But I’ll give a little bit of where I’m at in my mindset regardless.

I was a BEAST in HVV, don’t play it anymore. I was God tier in large scale and infantry play, don’t play anymore either. I still am a beast across the board. Regardless of how much time passes between my sessions. I simply am not interested in playing as much as I used to.

Do I slam the game? No. Do I enjoy the game like I used to? No. Do I still love This GameBattlefront franchise? Yes. Ain’t that a Jar Jar Binks Quality revelation!? Meesa No play like meesa used to. But meesa still love Star Wars and Battlefront. It is what it is.

Corny as that was, think on it. I simply am not able to have fun steam rolling, fighting imbalance more so than fighting my enemies. That right there is my biggest issue. I am constantly Fighting Game Imbalance and Mechanics in all modes, more so than I am fighting my enemies before me. My enemies are easy to overcome consistently, bugs and imbalance and broken characters/abilities are not. Nor are they fun.

I want to make one thing abundantly clear though. People need to stop wishing this game was something else, and accept what it actually is. That right there begins the process of enabling yourself to enjoy the game when you get on. Because that’s the reality. Stop wishing it was this or that. Accept what it in fact is.

Just my two cents.

Dude, give yourself one of your awesome seals of approval I haven't seen for a while for that monologue. Bloody well said DASH!
  • Dash
    11565 posts Member
    Dash wrote: »
    It would be easy to just take 4 hours of my time, and my 4 years experience here to type up a dissertation of Every, Single, Thing that needs adjusting, balancing, revision, as well as refinement. (Lord knows I can because I’ve basically written a guide for you all on everything and anything these past few years. I know Balance/know this game). But I simply don’t have that time, nor the will to profess all of that. Just simply can’t atm.

That statement in itself should suffice. But I’ll give a little bit of where I’m at in my mindset regardless.

I was a BEAST in HVV, don’t play it anymore. I was God tier in large scale and infantry play, don’t play anymore either. I still am a beast across the board. Regardless of how much time passes between my sessions. I simply am not interested in playing as much as I used to.

Do I slam the game? No. Do I enjoy the game like I used to? No. Do I still love This GameBattlefront franchise? Yes. Ain’t that a Jar Jar Binks Quality revelation!? Meesa No play like meesa used to. But meesa still love Star Wars and Battlefront. It is what it is.

Corny as that was, think on it. I simply am not able to have fun steam rolling, fighting imbalance more so than fighting my enemies. That right there is my biggest issue. I am constantly Fighting Game Imbalance and Mechanics in all modes, more so than I am fighting my enemies before me. My enemies are easy to overcome consistently, bugs and imbalance and broken characters/abilities are not. Nor are they fun.

I want to make one thing abundantly clear though. People need to stop wishing this game was something else, and accept what it actually is. That right there begins the process of enabling yourself to enjoy the game when you get on. Because that’s the reality. Stop wishing it was this or that. Accept what it in fact is.

Just my two cents.

Dude, give yourself one of your awesome seals of approval I haven't seen for a while for that monologue. Bloody well said DASH!

How bout I give you the seal instead? :wink: :sunglasses:

wy4ajg3j62g8.gif
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• It's not exactly like we have a ton of choices for star wars games in recent years. EA hasn't exactly put out of ton of star wars titles and let's be honest, there isn't anything that's quite like Star Wars. If there were, there would probably be many of us playing those games. but we don't have those games, we have battlefront 2015 and this very, very buggy game. I really want to love this game because it's star wars but with so many bugs and so many questionable decisions by the devs... well how can I? Maybe the Fallen Order game will give us something to work with but for now, this is what we have.
  • Well, i see people crying about every game that i play or have played in recent years especially on the forums. The internet has a tendency to bring out people’s negativity and exacerbate it so it isn’t surprising. It does get kind of annoying but i just scroll past the majority of it.

87xvz8buqdj8.gif
  • At the moment… Im struggling to think of a positive.
  • Yup could be good… once these are actually done of course.
    At the moment… Im struggling to think of a positive.

Improved saber combat, buffs to a lot of the old heroes, maul & yoda having blocks, anakin nerf, HvV target system is being removed, capital supremacy maps are coming, & chewie incoming buff.
  • I love the concept and the big picture but the details are terrible! And we all know it's all about the details.

Other manufacturers suffer the same thing, it's not just these guys. There was an article the other day where comments were that GTA didn't pay attention to what the players wanted so it went downhill. Anthem is getting trashed. Fallout has been extremely rocky. However, some seem to have 'gotten' the online game-thing better, like CoD, Fortnite and Overwatch.

I think that, for the most part, the mechanics of BFII makes it more accessible for basic, non-competition type players. CoD online is more competitive, depressing and serious. I get instant games in CoD, but I don't enjoy the online version of the game.

Most people here are making constructive criticism in the hopes that someone is paying attention and, as such, extending the life of the game because they like it. Nobody is going to do that with a game they don't care about; they just bail.

And, alot of people 'just bailed' from the game. The dev's do seem to live more in a vacuum, like the GTA team, it would seem.
    If you see this, it means I haven't found a game in well over 30 minutes.
    PLAYERS NEEDED: ANY!
  • Dash wrote: »
    Dash wrote: »

Just my two cents.

How bout I give you the seal instead? :wink: :sunglasses:

wy4ajg3j62g8.gif

Thanks Bro 😀
  • Chem0 wrote: »

You know what I like about the game? The title. S.T.A.R. W.A.R.S. You know what I don't like? I don't like the fact that they made this game so poorly that any gamer with a sense of integrity or sportsmanship can't play without taking a shower to wash off the scum afterwards.

This forum is for paying customers, not "fans". This is where you'll find the best feedback, bug reports, etc about this game.

You want me to move on from the game? Tough grits. Why don't you move on from the forums? I hear Reddit is ripe this time of year. You'll fit in great over there, with all the other mindless, Clone skin loving, pajamas wearing, zombies that claim there's any kind of entertainment value in the current state of this mess of a game.

Best feedback my ***. Some feedback and suggestion posts are really well put together and insightful. Majority of new posts/threads are just a waste of forum space and same people "playing" their forum scuffle about who or what faction are the biggest SW fans.

I stick to the threads that actually deliver ideas and content. Then I bookmark them. Only time I surf the General Forum is when I'm looking for another thread that may actually deliver good feedback.

Like I said though, if you don't like the Battlefront forums, by all means go hang out on Reddit. I hear they're much more positive about the game. Lots of excellent posts regarding Dooku's gorgeous pajamas and the variety of Clone skins.
  • i mostly post negative stuff because that is what i want to have improved. played this game daily und loved it until a few days ago because the bugs took the upperhand sadly :/
  • AHH the forum is great mostly. Lots of emotion , not everyone knowing how to express it sometimes though, but that's ok in the main. We all love starwars which is why we are here. .. I agree the forum can get overly negative and depressing at times though.

When this happens I play a game of replacing the subject in every discussion thread with 'your mum'.... Try it.. it's so entertaining 😂😂
  • Versatti
    2015 posts Member
    People like a good moan, it’s good for the soul. Problem is, it’ll be two years old towards the end of the year and while there have been major updates made, it’s not enough to entice me to play it as regularly as I used to. Still enjoy it when I do log on and I watch the forums religiously to see what’s on the horizon in the hopes that the content ‘I want to see’ is being talked about.

• Well this was "Marketed" and "Sold" as a:

*LIVE Service*

And when the service has an embarrassing amount of low content post launch... continuous bugs ... and previous bugs left un fixed... then there should be out cry. If the game was marketed and sold as a game as is... then sure no room to complain. However, they pulled it off again and now Battlefield V is falling in this same category of an underwhelming and incomplete *LIVE Service*...

If you dont continue to complain until EA/DICE fix it or give both products proper support... they'll just do it again.