criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

This game is officially at an all-time low - Updated 5/22

Replies

• ID_8615 wrote: »
    We can revisit the state of the game once Anakin is fixed but it won't make the maps, characters and modes any less outplayed and stale.

The problem was only exacerbated by supremely OP Anakin. I found the game headed the wrong way once they began this long spiral down with Kenobi, Grievous, Dooku, .. Ani, ... and now ARC/BX troopers.. it's the classic One-Upping of the previous release that only makes the problem(s) worse.

The remedy would be to hire a real Game Developer for once. The team at DICE Sweden just don't quite comprehend what makes a game great.

Have they ever though? I don't think DICE Sweden has ever made a "decent" game in my opinion. At least not any that comes to mind.
  • II_JumPeR_II
    215 posts Member
    edited April 15
    ID_8615 wrote: »
    We can revisit the state of the game once Anakin is fixed but it won't make the maps, characters and modes any less outplayed and stale.

The problem was only exacerbated by supremely OP Anakin. I found the game headed the wrong way once they began this long spiral down with Kenobi, Grievous, Dooku, .. Ani, ... and now ARC/BX troopers.. it's the classic One-Upping of the previous release that only makes the problem(s) worse.

The remedy would be to hire a real Game Developer for once. The team at DICE Sweden just don't quite comprehend what makes a game great.

Have they ever though? I don't think DICE Sweden has ever made a "decent" game in my opinion. At least not any that comes to mind.

Bad Company 1-2, Battlefield 3 come to mind. This are the last good DICE Sweden games in my opinion. Everything after that felt so lifeless and bad. The Star Wars games, especially Battlefront 2 are the worst so far right behind Battlefield 5
  • I have a hard time believing the game is in the best shape ever when last Friday Saturday so many people had connection issues. And it happens every event.

41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • tankertoad wrote: »
    I have a hard time believing the game is in the best shape ever when last Friday Saturday so many people had connection issues. And it happens every event.

Connection issues are unfortunately the least of the Dev's worries right now. I wish I had a connection issue. At least then I'd have a technical excuse not to play. Right now I don't play just because of how pathetic the gameplay is.

Put it this way. If I were trying to play right now but couldn't because of a connection issue and then magically had that issue fixed, I would rather the connection issue come back vs having the ability to play the game. At least that way I wouldn't have the guilt of abandoning the most recent Star Wars game available on the market.
  • ID_8615
    689 posts Member
    XBox is offline tonight.
    Error code: 721
  • I’m still waiting on what Reddit will choose for us next, new skins, a new game, who knows.
  • I’m still waiting on what Reddit will choose for us next, new skins, a new game, who knows.

Yep
    I'm lost for words on the direction of this game

Yep

Let me help. Downward death spiral. There are other words I could use but community and forum rules prevent the use of those other words.
    #StarWars-y

Yep

Let me help. Downward death spiral. There are other words I could use but community and forum rules prevent the use of those other words.

B..but... more heroes!
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    I’m still waiting on what Reddit will choose for us next, new skins, a new game, who knows.

Victory pose wheel

I know right lol.
    I’m still waiting on what Reddit will choose for us next, new skins, a new game, who knows.

Victory pose wheel

And new home screen art featuring 🤡
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13

Victory pose wheel

Ah geez. Now it's probably going to happen.
  • I haven't played this game in forever! I recently decided to reinstall it because so much hype for episode IX! I played it for the first time in months just now. I decided to check out the new capital supremacy mode. From my first moments playing, I was being instantly killed by ARC troopers and Anakin didn't even need to look at me to cause instantaneous random death? Maybe I should look at his abilities but wth has happened to the game? :P
    "The question," she replied, "Is not whether you will love, hurt, dream, and die. It is what you will love, why you will hurt, when you will dream, and how you will die. This is your choice. You cannot pick the destination, only the path." - Oathbringer.
  • LaurenXIV wrote: »
    I haven't played this game in forever! I recently decided to reinstall it because so much hype for episode IX! I played it for the first time in months just now. I decided to check out the new capital supremacy mode. From my first moments playing, I was being instantly killed by ARC troopers and Anakin didn't even need to look at me to cause instantaneous random death? Maybe I should look at his abilities but wth has happened to the game? :P

Welcome back,

ARC Troopers are glitched (one or both their pistols do double damage or something) and Anakin is game-breakingly OP which they seem to have done on purpose.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
    LaurenXIV wrote: »
    I haven't played this game in forever! I recently decided to reinstall it because so much hype for episode IX! I played it for the first time in months just now. I decided to check out the new capital supremacy mode. From my first moments playing, I was being instantly killed by ARC troopers and Anakin didn't even need to look at me to cause instantaneous random death? Maybe I should look at his abilities but wth has happened to the game? :P

Welcome back,

ARC Troopers are glitched (one or both their pistols do double damage or something) and Anakin is game-breakingly OP which they seem to have done on purpose.

It was definitely on purpose. They wrote in the patch notes that he's intentionally more powerful than any other hero.
  • So what happens to this thread now that we know current population levels are back up to 2017 launch levels? LOL!!
  • So what happens to this thread now that we know current population levels are back up to 2017 launch levels? LOL!!

We don't know that the developers who are known to have lied in the past are saying that without providing any real evidence.
    hojevrxvarht.png

They aren't. The developers specifically wrote three weeks *after* launch. There was a substantial dropoff in the playerbase from launch to three weeks. Calm down your horses. On XB1, BF17 is less popular than Plants vs. Zombies, Warfame, and Skyrim, which was released nearly a decade ago now. BF17 dropped 11 spots from where it was in Microsoft's official most popular games tracker, which likely means some of the population boost is gone.
    My name is Bob

• BucksawBoushh
    4890 posts Member
    edited April 17
    “bUt Da dEvS sAiD so LOLZ”

Gullible little simplet0ns. Shout out to the logical people still on these forums. You know who you are.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • tankertoad
    5967 posts Member
    edited April 17
    @Rivershark56

We OG old gamers

the concept that the customer is always right is completely wrong when it comes to a game. No one initially believed in the direction that Cory barlog was taking God of war.

But he had a vision and a mission. And won 3 game of the year titles.

41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • ID_8615
    689 posts Member
    They aren't. The developers specifically wrote three weeks *after* launch. There was a substantial dropoff in the playerbase from launch to three weeks. Calm down your horses. On XB1, BF17 is less popular than Plants vs. Zombies, Warfame, and Skyrim, which was released nearly a decade ago now. BF17 dropped 11 spots from where it was in Microsoft's official most popular games tracker, which likely means some of the population boost is gone.

Last night. XBox. GA Hoth. Literally, 10-v-12. Granted it was a Tuesday night, but seriously? 10 v 12?

• E_ABZU
    447 posts Member

Last night. XBox. GA Hoth. Literally, 10-v-12. Granted it was a Tuesday night, but seriously? 10 v 12?

You're lucky, I couldn't even find a single match.
  • Moojammin_10
    1951 posts Member
    edited April 17
    E_ABZU wrote: »

Just been doing some searching in Google and this game currently sits around 22nd place for online game player bases.. beaten by titles such as battlefield and COD.

Also as of right now according to githyp there are 307 players playing and the daily peak is 463.

Not sure how reliable these numbers are but that seems dire to me
  • E_ABZU wrote: »

Just been doing some searching in Google and this game currently sits around 22nd place for online game player bases.. beaten by titles such as battlefield and COD.

Also as of right now according to githyp there are 307 players playing and the daily peak is 463.

Not sure how reliable these numbers are but that seems dire to me

That sounds more like it
  • tankertoad wrote: »
    @Rivershark56

We OG old gamers

the concept that the customer is always right is completely wrong when it comes to a game. No one initially believed in the direction that Cory barlog was taking God of war.

But he had a vision and a mission. And won 3 game of the year titles.

I don't sense a "vision" for this game.
    It was definitely on purpose. They wrote in the patch notes that he's intentionally more powerful than any other hero.
    Which leads one to believe there are only 2 logical conclusions here:
    1. The DICE Dev Team Sweden is so utterly ignorant of Game Design, they ought to be fired immediately.
    2. The DICE Dev Team Sweden is purposely tanking the game. And, they ought to be fired immediately.

Neither option is optimal for the fans of BF2015/BF2017 hoping for a return to what the game once was.

Overall, Disney is too large a corporation to pay much attention to such a minor revenue stream as Battlefront brings in. Ditto for EA. Hence, DICE are likely to continue to be the champions of this asinine plunge into chaos.

Just look at how the Moderators and SWBF Dev Team chose which posts / threads to respond to and / or participate in .. in these forums. It's fairly evident they are not ignorant of the issues and concerns we have aired. They elect, instead, to ignore threads they do not like and continue on the path of self-immolation. For now, I am not going anywhere near The Fallen Order purchase. I have not the slightest interest.

The decisions being made definitely add up to either incompetence or sabotage (and not the fun kind from BF2015).

The state of the game is completely unacceptable. I keep reading these random posts about how great everything is and how the game is at it's best, except for Anakin being too powerful. Umm. Anakin has completely broken two marquee modes (GA & CS). LS has an extreme advantage, especially in PT maps. There's really only 1 true hero mode which has countless issues. I'm sorry, but if you introduce a character and that character dominates so much that the opposing side literally can't win, then there is NO CHANCE the game is in it's best state.

That kind of support that these sheep keep posting is what keeps driving the Devs to work on meaningless content. Pajamas? PAJAMAS?? P.A.J.A.M.A.S.?.?.?.?

Maps, weapons, bug fixes, modes (with more than 1-2 maps) would be well received by ALL players, for the most part. Think of it this way. Percentage of people begging for pajamas skins vs percentage of people begging for Extraction maps. Percentage of people begging for Clone skins instead of Cargo returning. Thing is, the players that want Clone skins will have the ability to enjoy the Cargo mode. Now flip that around. All Clone Wars indifferent fans get to stare at different colored armor instead of maps, modes and weapons.

The only logical argument I feel like a Dev could give for making such a HORRIBLE decision is that cosmetics generate revenue. But how is it generating any revenue when these skins are released every 14-28 weeks? Who the heck doesn't have the credits by then?

Game balance, bug fixes, maps and modes will keep players playing. When you find that sweet spot is when you can throw out a barrage of skins to try to generate some revenue. Oh but wait, we can't execute that because too many skins will freaking OVERSATURATE THE MARKET. Holy little sweet baby Jesus. This game...

I gotta stop for a while. Blood pressure...
  • Empire_TW
    6081 posts Member
    I can't imagine someone's first time in this game's multiplayer being enjoyable
    1uycjkqzlcf6.gif
    hojevrxvarht.png
    1uycjkqzlcf6.gif

Absolutely no chance. Maybe Starfighter Assault?
  • ID_8615
    689 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Only if you enjoy getting obliterated 15-20 times a game for 1-2 kills and .. 2-3 assists?

There is no entry point for newbies here. Other venues with 1000s of players could afford to sort players based on experience / abilities. But not BF2.. thrown in with the lions .. err Jedi and Sith and told to "enjoy."
  • ID_8615
    689 posts Member
    The decisions being made definitely add up to either incompetence or sabotage (and not the fun kind from BF2015).

The state of the game is completely unacceptable. I keep reading these random posts about how great everything is and how the game ... there is NO CHANCE the game is in it's best state.

That kind of support that these sheep keep posting is what keeps driving the Devs to work on meaningless content. Pajamas? PAJAMAS?? P.A.J.A.M.A.S.?.?.?.?

Maps, weapons, bug fixes, modes (with more than 1-2 maps) would be well received by ALL players, for the most part. Think of it this way. Percentage of people begging for pajamas skins vs percentage of people begging for Extraction maps. Percentage of people begging for Clone skins instead of Cargo returning. Thing is, the players that want Clone skins will have the ability to enjoy the Cargo mode. Now flip that around. All Clone Wars indifferent fans get to stare at different colored armor instead of maps, modes and weapons.

The only logical argument I feel like a Dev could give for making such a HORRIBLE decision is that cosmetics generate revenue. But how is it generating any revenue when these skins are released every 14-28 weeks? Who the heck doesn't have the credits by then?

Game balance, bug fixes, maps and modes will keep players playing. When you find that sweet spot is when you can throw out a barrage of skins to try to generate some revenue. Oh but wait, we can't execute that because too many skins will freaking OVERSATURATE THE MARKET. Holy little sweet baby Jesus. This game...

I gotta stop for a while. Blood pressure...

All extremely valid points. (And, go grab a Cool Down card 🔄). I would love to see the supposed 'bump' of revenue from those Clone Skins. I can only imagine the escalator continuing on it's downward path.

At this point, I have to believe all of this is deliberate. Pointedly so. Feels like someone in Sweden has a vendetta towards Disney, EA, or perhaps even towards us, the player base. There is no logic to this .. to the past 6-7 updates. None.
  • ID_8615
    689 posts Member
    ..and now, they reinstated the effect of the Emporer's chain lightning going through floors and walls. Ditto for Bossk's dioxis.

Why??? Too many whining that their favorite DS heroes are wusses now.. because Ani.

SMH..
  • Play tested and approved.
    #StarWars-y
    ..and now, they reinstated the effect of the Emporer's chain lightning going through floors and walls. Ditto for Bossk's dioxis.

Why??? Too many whining that their favorite DS heroes are wusses now.. because Ani.

SMH..

They actually haven't done that to my knowledge. It was merely a suggestion made that all the heroes(except Ani) be set back to the state they were at launch and then buff and/or nerf accordingly.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • ID_8615
    689 posts Member

SMH..

They actually haven't done that to my knowledge. It was merely a suggestion made that all the heroes(except Ani) be set back to the state they were at launch and then buff and/or nerf accordingly.

Shocking that I have died numerous times to these attacks and you have not. Gas through solid rock floors---when you cannot even see the gas bomb beneath you. Lightning coming out of the entrance to the Imperial command base---shocking all Rebels rushing in to the base. Lightning come UP from under the ground on Crait.

These are just silly deaths. Meaningless. And the players of Bossk and the Emporer are going to think they're just dandy players for it.

It's not a suggestion; they caved to the whiners on yet another "we need another hero buff" crowd.

SMH..

Shocking that I have died numerous times to these attacks and you have not. Gas through solid rock floors---when you cannot even see the gas bomb beneath you. Lightning coming out of the entrance to the Imperial command base---shocking all Rebels rushing in to the base. Lightning come UP from under the ground on Crait.

These are just silly deaths. Meaningless. And the players of Bossk and the Emporer are going to think they're just dandy players for it.

It's not a suggestion; they caved to the whiners on yet another "we need another hero buff" crowd.

The lightning coming from the ground on Crait is probably from the cave entrances on the hangar floor. The lightning coming out of an entrance makes sense as the door is opening. The dioxis through walls though... that shouldn't be that way.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png

SMH..

The lightning coming from the ground on Crait is probably from the cave entrances on the hangar floor. The lightning coming out of an entrance makes sense as the door is opening. The dioxis through walls though... that shouldn't be that way.

It should stay that way, unless you’re going for realism, which would make dioxis way worse.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png

• Devlin21
    8323 posts Member

Yep

we'll get nothing but clown wars content to please the tcw fans still playing

and it will be drip fed for a while.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• ID_8615
    689 posts Member
    I find their lack of faith disturbing.. just when you think you have the entire droid army fooled - you get Maul'd.
  • Hey DICE!

So I wake up this morning and come downstairs, Uber Eats my normal Sunday morning McDonald's breakfast and settle into the couch ready to start the day with a few hours of Battlefront. Then it's off to do chores, errands and set myself up for the coming week. Typical Sunday.

So this morning. I get my treats, fire up the game, rage quit my first round of Galactic Assault due to ridiculous poopies, join a different game of GA, rage quit again, join a HvV match to try to level up a couple heroes, and rage quit again. Then I get on the forums, rage post there until I cool off. Then proceed to play nearly all the Starfighter Assault maps and a few rounds of Extraction.

Due to the lack of maps, you can only play 4 rounds of Extraction in a day before it becomes boring. Starfighter Assault is amazing but we've been playing the same limited amount of maps for 16 months. Strike and Blast are boring and are usually dominated by Enforcers. Hero Starfighters, Hero Showdown and Ewok Hunt are a joke.

So I ask, in all seriousness, what in the monkey **** am I supposed to play?

In Battlefront 2015, 16 months after it was released, I had tons of options to keep me glued to the TV. Some days, I could play the Extraction DLC for 6 straight hours without stopping. If I got bored, I could make a trench run, play some cargo, jump into some Sabotage on Bespin, have some epic rounds of Walker Assault, switch it up and play Supremacy or Turning Point and lastly I could have a far superior version of HvV that had tons of replayability. Heck, all those modes had tons of replayability. You could choose any mode listed above and play it for an entire session and not get bored. That meant you could play every day for a week, and not have to play the same mode on a given day.

Now here we are in BF2, with the only mode with that much replayability (Galactic Assault) being broken and completely unplayable. Even if it wasn't this broken, it has been the only serious mode in the game since launch so it's getting played out as it is anyway.

What is going on? What is the plan to fix this mess? Why do I constantly feel punished for being a dedicated, loyal player to the franchise? Who needs to be tagged for answers?

Fix this game or Killswitch it so players will slide back to BF2015 and have an amazing Star Wars experience again.

Quick fix: Heroes Unleashed made permanent (although who knows how that will play with The Chosen One in the mix). It's worth a shot.

Better fix: MORE MAPS FOR EXTRACTION. This goes without saying. We've been begging for it since last July or whatever.

Another fix: Cargo and Supremacy make a return. More modes to choose from is a must right now!

Fix the game! Fix it NOW.

Insightful statement up there and I couldn't agree more. I wish everybody here is listening and your ideas materialized...BF2015 needs to be patched for 4k in consoles. Also, the mechanics needs to be reworked to match those of the new game if they do not intend on porting over the old maps to the new game. I feel CW only content for the current game is going to kill Battlefront 2 on the long run. Lots of people will start flocking Battlefront 2015 for variation, but they tend to listen to the bigger Battlefront 2 Youtubers and all they are playing is CW only game modes so. There goes our hope for OT and ST content.
  • ID_8615
    689 posts Member
    edited April 18
    BF2 Bug list (non-exhaustive):
    1. a Tremor in the Force: players stuck tremoring (or sometimes not) indefinitely after being slaughtered by a force wielder - often Ani.
    2. Dioxis / Chain lightning / Thermal detonators going thru solid walls as well as up & down stairs in many instances
    3. Going once, going twice, going thrice, ... no, we're still going: AT-TE '0' zero count left list on Geonosis. The counter is off by either 4 or 5 AT-TEs. You never really know which AT-TE is really the last one.
    4. Those voices in my head: how often do we hear the wrong narrator saying the wrong things in our ears as we re-enter the game?
    5. Permeating the impermeable: Yeah, think I'll just mosey right on through this ship here. Try it. Jakku, Landing Pad. There are several instances where ships are really just figments of one's imagination. Can't shoot through them, but go ahead and stroll right through them.
    6. Oh do you spawn here often? Any hero, fast vehicle, or aerial can just camp out at any number of dozens of enemy spawn sites and farm easy kills. 10-second timer is more than enough for those who know what they're doing. Amateur. Game. Design.
    7. We're not done yet: End of Regulation, yet.. you still here commanding voices stating otherwise for a few moments before you really end.
    8. Not the End-or: Endor's own End of Regulation is hilarious -- no victory poses, just greenery and more scenery with names and BP numbers.
    9. No Kill Counts: I have Eliminations, but sometimes, I still have a Goose Egg in the kill count. Not sure how that adds up. Maybe Mr. PJs himself, Count Dooku can make sense of it.
    10. Radar, don't fail me now..! And, it does. Often. (No, it's not because of Rey or Kenobi or Specialist's confusion tricks.) Now you don't see it... now your dead. Oh, yeah, we warned you, didn't we?
    11. Open the Blast Doors! On Hoth, any Imperial trooper caught next to the Hoth base doors when they blast open (Stage 2) is insta-killed. Decrement one trooper for the remaining count. One would think the Imperial Armed Forces would have that sorted out.

I encountered all these in the past day. None of these were new to me. They've been around for months now. I see no initiative on DICE's part to resolve any of these.

About the only BF2015 bug that annoys me is the one on WA Endor where your own teammates can run over you with speeders.
  • Relmets wrote: »

No whining about more blastets please

no I'll continue ""whining"" about """""blastets""""""

and you'll sit there and do nothing

So nice behaviour again, I dont mind new *Blasters but those things are less priority!

If you disagree then youre not thinking well and know whats important.
    My priority list:

1. Fix Split screen mode bugs
    2. Fix bugs
    3. Bigger play area for Duel mode
    4. More love for Starfighter modes
    5. First Person only mode
  • Empire_TW
    6081 posts Member
    Relmets wrote: »

So nice behaviour again, I dont mind new *Blasters but those things are less priority!

No, they aren't less priority. They're high priority.

If you disagree then youre not thinking well and know whats important.

Your opinion isn't more valuable than anyone else's. The only one who isn't thinking well is clearly you.

Important is new maps, weapons and balance.
    I can remember a time when it actually meant something to earn a enforcer or Hero
    Somewhere this game lost its direction
    azdf09v4ldns.gif

Oh so I'm the dark times now? :'(
    hojevrxvarht.png
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!