criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Ahsoka and Alt Appearances

124

Replies

  • SnakeMajin wrote: »
    The Clone Wars as Star Wars in general isn't dark at all. "Darkness" in cinema and literature is supposed to make us uncomfortable. In a way, to be unpleasant to watch/read. Star Wars is far too manicheist in the way it treats bad guys as very very bad persons in very very dark suits to actually make us feel uncomfortable watching its vilains.

    But it has mature subjects. The Clone Wars is in fact even more "mature" than the films. Not all of The Clone Wars (droids and Jar-Jar episodes in mind) but most of it. Only Rogue One and the ROTS genocide stand out in comparison. The Clone Wars has a hell lot of graphic and numerous deaths. It's the main reason I've still have not been allowed to show TCW to my nephews. And the same will, unfortunately, apparently apply to my own kids. It's only because we mostly see face-less robotic-like Clones and Stormtroopers that Star Wars feels for kids despite all the on-screen deaths we have.

    That Umbarra arc for example explodes Band of Brothers and The Pacific in terms of screen death count, and it shows pretty much how it affects soldiers. The only significant differences are the absence of blood and it's light-hearted camo.

    We can't pretend that deaths at war are a soft kiddy subject, let's be serious. But maturity indeed does not imply darkness.

    Well said.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Alex64
    7433 posts Member
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    Clone wars has mature topics and gets pretty dark.

    Like what?

    Yoda facing his dark self, fives last arc is heart breaking when you think about it, the slave arc, Obi Wan facing Maul after years, the umbara arc is about loyalty, Obi Wans undercover arc is also really fun to watch.

    Maybe watch this:

    You don't know anything about darkness into a plot, this is just what writers can tell to the kids about Good and Evil, darkness it's far from that.

    Please tell me about darkness... I am really interested. What is darkness? Perhaps my my sense of darkness is lighter then yours?

    It's about the monsters hidden within the human psyche

    Perhaps some examples?

    We can't discuss that kind of topics here because is a Kid-Friendly forum.

    Uhhhhh, then normal SW should also be to light hearted for you.

    You're the only one here who says that Star Wars is Mature and dark, It's for kids ok?

    Then why do you like Star Wars? Wasn’t it a reason why you didn’t like clone wars?

    Why is raining on Florida? Why junk food taste so good but it's bad for you?
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • CC_1010
    1437 posts Member
    SnakeMajin wrote: »
    The Clone Wars as Star Wars in general isn't dark at all. "Darkness" in cinema and literature is supposed to make us uncomfortable. In a way, to be unpleasant to watch/read. Star Wars is far too manicheist in the way it treats bad guys as very very bad persons in very very dark suits to actually make us feel uncomfortable watching its vilains.

    But it has mature subjects. The Clone Wars is in fact even more "mature" than the films. Not all of The Clone Wars (droids and Jar-Jar episodes in mind) but most of it. Only Rogue One and the ROTS genocide stand out in comparison. The Clone Wars has a hell lot of graphic and numerous deaths. It's the main reason I've still have not been allowed to show TCW to my nephews. And the same will, unfortunately, apparently apply to my own kids. It's only because we mostly see face-less robotic-like Clones and Stormtroopers that Star Wars feels for kids despite all the on-screen deaths we have.

    That Umbarra arc for example explodes Band of Brothers and The Pacific in terms of screen death count, and it shows pretty much how it affects soldiers. The only significant differences are the absence of blood and it's light-hearted camo. Even this Trandoshan arc with kids basically being abducted to be hunted and killed.

    We can't pretend that deaths at war are a soft kiddy subject, let's be serious. But maturity indeed does not imply darkness.

    Great sensible post:)
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    Clone wars has mature topics and gets pretty dark.

    Like what?

    Yoda facing his dark self, fives last arc is heart breaking when you think about it, the slave arc, Obi Wan facing Maul after years, the umbara arc is about loyalty, Obi Wans undercover arc is also really fun to watch.

    Maybe watch this:

    You don't know anything about darkness into a plot, this is just what writers can tell to the kids about Good and Evil, darkness it's far from that.

    Please tell me about darkness... I am really interested. What is darkness? Perhaps my my sense of darkness is lighter then yours?

    It's about the monsters hidden within the human psyche

    Perhaps some examples?

    We can't discuss that kind of topics here because is a Kid-Friendly forum.

    Uhhhhh, then normal SW should also be to light hearted for you.

    You're the only one here who says that Star Wars is Mature and dark, It's for kids ok?

    Then why do you like Star Wars? Wasn’t it a reason why you didn’t like clone wars?

    Why is raining on Florida? Why junk food taste so good but it's bad for you?

    Just because? I'm not seeing you giving any valid arguments for your opinion....
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • I could also argue that TCW is for kids.

    If one considers that getting a first glimpse of mature subjects, like Star Wars provides, is here to make kids grow.
  • SnakeMajin
    363 posts Member
    edited April 16
    Relmets wrote: »
    If it's supposedly "more mature" than a cartoon it's Marvel movie-tier at best.

    Ahah, I think the Marvel movie-tier suits the series indeed. Aimed at kids, with a few mature subjects lying under light-hearted cover.

  • Sure, Clone Wars isn't dark, but for a kids show (as which it was initially meant, until they realized their average audience was much older than the target demographic, iirc) it can go pretty far. Wasn't there this one time were Cad Bane tortures master Piell to death (not graphic but very explicitly)?
  • Sure, Clone Wars isn't dark, but for a kids show (as which it was initially meant, until they realized their average audience was much older than the target demographic, iirc) it can go pretty far. Wasn't there this one time were Cad Bane tortures master Piell to death (not graphic but very explicitly)?

    Yup. That happened. But Master Bolla Ropal was his name.
    nkag6445ktf4.png
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • CC_1010
    1437 posts Member
    Sure, Clone Wars isn't dark, but for a kids show (as which it was initially meant, until they realized their average audience was much older than the target demographic, iirc) it can go pretty far. Wasn't there this one time were Cad Bane tortures master Piell to death (not graphic but very explicitly)?

    That was Bolla Ropal.
  • Relmets
    2222 posts Member

    It just rubs me the wrong way how some people just disregard it as "just a cartoon."

    I'm not disregarding anything
    SnakeMajin wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    If it's supposedly "more mature" than a cartoon it's Marvel movie-tier at best.

    Ahah, I think the Marvel movie-tier suits the series indeed. Aimed at kids, with a few mature subjects lying under light-hearted cover.
    I agree
    [+3748 posts]
  • CC_1010 wrote: »
    Sure, Clone Wars isn't dark, but for a kids show (as which it was initially meant, until they realized their average audience was much older than the target demographic, iirc) it can go pretty far. Wasn't there this one time were Cad Bane tortures master Piell to death (not graphic but very explicitly)?

    That was Bolla Ropal.

    Jinx! You owe me a soda.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Alex64
    7433 posts Member
    Alex64 wrote: »
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    Clone wars has mature topics and gets pretty dark.

    Like what?

    Yoda facing his dark self, fives last arc is heart breaking when you think about it, the slave arc, Obi Wan facing Maul after years, the umbara arc is about loyalty, Obi Wans undercover arc is also really fun to watch.

    Maybe watch this:

    You don't know anything about darkness into a plot, this is just what writers can tell to the kids about Good and Evil, darkness it's far from that.

    Please tell me about darkness... I am really interested. What is darkness? Perhaps my my sense of darkness is lighter then yours?

    It's about the monsters hidden within the human psyche

    Perhaps some examples?

    We can't discuss that kind of topics here because is a Kid-Friendly forum.

    Uhhhhh, then normal SW should also be to light hearted for you.

    You're the only one here who says that Star Wars is Mature and dark, It's for kids ok?

    Then why do you like Star Wars? Wasn’t it a reason why you didn’t like clone wars?

    Why is raining on Florida? Why junk food taste so good but it's bad for you?

    Just because? I'm not seeing you giving any valid arguments for your opinion....

    It's for kids, are you tryting to tell me that it's not?
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    Clone wars has mature topics and gets pretty dark.

    Like what?

    Yoda facing his dark self, fives last arc is heart breaking when you think about it, the slave arc, Obi Wan facing Maul after years, the umbara arc is about loyalty, Obi Wans undercover arc is also really fun to watch.

    Maybe watch this:

    You don't know anything about darkness into a plot, this is just what writers can tell to the kids about Good and Evil, darkness it's far from that.

    Please tell me about darkness... I am really interested. What is darkness? Perhaps my my sense of darkness is lighter then yours?

    It's about the monsters hidden within the human psyche

    Perhaps some examples?

    We can't discuss that kind of topics here because is a Kid-Friendly forum.

    Uhhhhh, then normal SW should also be to light hearted for you.

    You're the only one here who says that Star Wars is Mature and dark, It's for kids ok?

    Then why do you like Star Wars? Wasn’t it a reason why you didn’t like clone wars?

    Why is raining on Florida? Why junk food taste so good but it's bad for you?

    Just because? I'm not seeing you giving any valid arguments for your opinion....

    It's for kids, are you tryting to tell me that it's not?

    No, but it does have mature themes and content.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • CC_1010
    1437 posts Member
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    Sure, Clone Wars isn't dark, but for a kids show (as which it was initially meant, until they realized their average audience was much older than the target demographic, iirc) it can go pretty far. Wasn't there this one time were Cad Bane tortures master Piell to death (not graphic but very explicitly)?

    That was Bolla Ropal.

    Jinx! You owe me a soda.

    Cad bane voice: „I’ll give you a reward!“
  • This thread definitely took a turn. Anyone else notice the thread creator hasn't a single reply.

    I'd prefer not to have the cartoon characters added. Plenty more movie heroes they could add first.

    Regarding the original post, if we do get her, I like the white dual sabers just for there uniqueness.
  • SnakeMajin
    363 posts Member
    edited April 16
    If I had to choose a scene to depict how TCW handles maturity, I'd choose this one.

    I mean we've got :
    - A terrorist-like traitor, who acts only because of bias. Sounds modern.
    - Full-visual and -sound deaths : clones being crushed, a back broken, a few impalations, even the knockbacks make it more visual than average Star Wars fights.
    - Execution, with quite a focus on the hesitation between life and death that people who have such decisions to make meet.
    - War ?




    That's what bothers me with seeing it categorized the same as LEGO Star Wars. People really don't know what they are talking about when putting it there. If I want characters from films first, it's only because they have more visibility, so would interest most.
  • This thread definitely took a turn. Anyone else notice the thread creator hasn't a single reply.

    I'd prefer not to have the cartoon characters added. Plenty more movie heroes they could add first.

    Regarding the original post, if we do get her, I like the white dual sabers just for there uniqueness.

    Yeah... I'm pretty sure @General_Trex didn't anticipate all the debate and discussion he would incite.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • This thread definitely took a turn. Anyone else notice the thread creator hasn't a single reply.

    I'd prefer not to have the cartoon characters added. Plenty more movie heroes they could add first.

    Regarding the original post, if we do get her, I like the white dual sabers just for there uniqueness.

    Yeah... I'm pretty sure @General_Trex didn't anticipate all the debate and discussion he would incite.

    I think it only started because of the "Vocal minority" sentence :*
    Yeah, for the subject itself, I'd say her "Jedi Padawan" outfit from seasons 3-5 as default, since it is her most famous one. An epic "Jedi Commander" to gain from the season 7 visibilty. And a second default Rebels skin.

    If she gets her Rebels skin, it would indeed be the first cross-era character. I mean with skins from different eras. In that case, a skin should be available by default for each era.
  • SnakeMajin wrote: »
    This thread definitely took a turn. Anyone else notice the thread creator hasn't a single reply.

    I'd prefer not to have the cartoon characters added. Plenty more movie heroes they could add first.

    Regarding the original post, if we do get her, I like the white dual sabers just for there uniqueness.

    Yeah... I'm pretty sure @General_Trex didn't anticipate all the debate and discussion he would incite.

    I think it only started because of the "Vocal minority" sentence :*
    Yeah, for the subject itself, I'd say her "Jedi Padawan" outfit from seasons 3-5 as default, since it is her most famous one. An epic "Jedi Commander" to gain from the season 7 visibilty. And a second default Rebels skin.

    If she gets her Rebels skin, it would indeed be the first cross-era character. I mean with skins from different eras. In that case, a skin should be available by default for each era.

    Yeah, that sentence may have been a mistake. I agree that she should receive her season 3-5 outfit as the default skin.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    Clone wars has mature topics and gets pretty dark.

    Like what?

    Yoda facing his dark self, fives last arc is heart breaking when you think about it, the slave arc, Obi Wan facing Maul after years, the umbara arc is about loyalty, Obi Wans undercover arc is also really fun to watch.

    Maybe watch this:

    You don't know anything about darkness into a plot, this is just what writers can tell to the kids about Good and Evil, darkness it's far from that.

    Please tell me about darkness... I am really interested. What is darkness? Perhaps my my sense of darkness is lighter then yours?

    It's about the monsters hidden within the human psyche

    Perhaps some examples?

    We can't discuss that kind of topics here because is a Kid-Friendly forum.

    Uhhhhh, then normal SW should also be to light hearted for you.

    You're the only one here who says that Star Wars is Mature and dark, It's for kids ok?

    Ummm... I don't think Star Wars is necessarily exclusively for kids. It should be for all ages to enjoy.

    jaderaptors right.... star wars is for all ages, especially the clone wars, there are episodes that have very mature content and just because its animated doesn't mean its always kid friendly.
  • CC_1010
    1437 posts Member
    A ridiculous character that nobody wants.
    We do not want Ahsoka

    asxe6pn8a9al.jpg

    Really? Because quite a few people beg to differ.

    Yep. Although I would have liked Mace first!
  • CC_1010 wrote: »
    A ridiculous character that nobody wants.
    We do not want Ahsoka

    asxe6pn8a9al.jpg

    Really? Because quite a few people beg to differ.

    Yep. Although I would have liked Mace first!

    Me too. But I'll take what I can get.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • SnakeMajin wrote: »
    The Clone Wars as Star Wars in general isn't dark at all. "Darkness" in cinema and literature is supposed to make us uncomfortable. In a way, to be unpleasant to watch/read. Star Wars is far too manicheist in the way it treats bad guys as very very bad persons in very very dark suits to actually make us feel uncomfortable watching its vilains.

    But it has mature subjects. The Clone Wars is in fact even more "mature" than the films. Not all of The Clone Wars (droids and Jar-Jar episodes in mind) but most of it. Only Rogue One and the ROTS genocide stand out in comparison. The Clone Wars has a hell lot of graphic and numerous deaths. It's the main reason I've still have not been allowed to show TCW to my nephews. And the same will, unfortunately, apparently apply to my own kids. It's only because we mostly see face-less robotic-like Clones and Stormtroopers that Star Wars feels for kids despite all the on-screen deaths we have.

    That Umbarra arc for example explodes Band of Brothers and The Pacific in terms of screen death count, and it shows pretty much how it affects soldiers. The only significant differences are the absence of blood and it's light-hearted camo. Even this Trandoshan arc with kids basically being abducted to be hunted and killed.

    We can't pretend that deaths at war are a soft kiddy subject, let's be serious. But maturity indeed does not imply darkness.

    hear hear well said i agree. the trandoshan arc disturbed me a little the first time i saw it. I was like wow this isn't really for small kids to watch. but I do like a mature content on star wars, it try's to appeal to both addance groups
  • A ridiculous character that nobody wants.
    We do not want Ahsoka

    asxe6pn8a9al.jpg

    Really? Because quite a few people beg to differ.

    This game has tons of issues. Adding an Orange Orangutan from some TV show shouldn't be the priority. DICE has already added multiple heroes recently. It's only fair for other areas of the game to receive content. Even if adding heroes was the most important thing, Ahsoka shouldn't be at the top of the list. Mace Windu, Padme, and several other heroes should take preference.

    dude your a racist...... and it's already confirmed that windu is not in the game and the developers are aready working on ahsoka. plus there are no voice lines for windu. there are voice lines that grievous say's that refer to ahsoka and padme so they will be adding them.
  • This thread definitely took a turn. Anyone else notice the thread creator hasn't a single reply.

    I'd prefer not to have the cartoon characters added. Plenty more movie heroes they could add first.

    Regarding the original post, if we do get her, I like the white dual sabers just for there uniqueness.

    Yeah... I'm pretty sure @General_Trex didn't anticipate all the debate and discussion he would incite.

    Yeah, I'm positive you are correct on that. Interesting read this thread has been.
  • I have not problem with him. Just saying his MO, anyone that disagrees with him, he attacks.
    "I play Star Wars like real life, I try not to die if possible."

    k2bblaxemr26.png



    PS4 EventHorizonOH
  • The "vocal minority"... seriously?


    It’s the majority here, but in the actual number of everyone who plays this game, it’s the minority. Not that many people use the forums
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • geo2z9mf0lw5.gif
    2qrdgie7toc5.gif
    vw101kc9wyg7.gif
    ze69cg0hwvv7.gif
    acp8vii7xrh5.gif
    Yes, very childish.


    r7ufh2262rm0.gif
    lzy749ngnufv.gif
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • Relmets
    2222 posts Member
    I have not problem with him. Just saying his MO, anyone that disagrees with him, he attacks.

    ?? Like you just did?
    The "vocal minority"... seriously?


    It’s the majority here, but in the actual number of everyone who plays this game, it’s the minority.

    How do you know?
    [+3748 posts]
  • Relmets wrote: »
    I have not problem with him. Just saying his MO, anyone that disagrees with him, he attacks.

    ?? Like you just did?
    The "vocal minority"... seriously?


    It’s the majority here, but in the actual number of everyone who plays this game, it’s the minority.

    How do you know?

    No, I been quite nice to him for a while. Even when we disagree. He attacks everyone.
    "I play Star Wars like real life, I try not to die if possible."

    k2bblaxemr26.png



    PS4 EventHorizonOH
  • MagicalMuffinDruide
    1456 posts Member
    edited April 17
    Alex64 wrote: »
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    Clone wars has mature topics and gets pretty dark.

    Like what?


    Would you prefer the violence, like beheadings, dismemberment of organic beings, a Jedi being shot in the head, gutted by savage’s horns, maul slaughtering a village including children (although I grant this one wasn’t exactly depicted.), and on and on?

    Or are you asking about the darker themes like the morality of using life forms specifically bred to fight and die for a galaxy and people they barely know. The morality of accelerated growth rates, meaning the soldiers fighting are in some ways still children, and have been robbed of a proper lifespan. Or the ethics of using peacekeepers to fight a war, essentially taking a cultic organization that more or less steals children (how much of a say do the parents have?), and putting the freedom and security of the entire galaxy in their hands? Or how about the predicament of neutral civilians in wartime? Should neutral systems help civilians trapped between the two sides, or should they stay out to maintain their own neutrality? And how long can anyone truly stay neutral in a war? These themes continue as well
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    Clone wars has mature topics and gets pretty dark.

    Like what?


    Would you prefer the violence, like beheadings, dismemberment of organic beings, a Jedi being shot in the head, gutted by savage’s horns, maul slaughtering a village including children (although I grant this one wasn’t exactly depicted.), and on and on?

    Or are you asking about the darker themes like the morality of using life forms specifically bred to fight and die for a galaxy and people they barely know. The morality of accelerated growth rates, meaning the soldiers fighting are in some ways still children, and have been robbed of a proper lifespan. Or the ethics of using peacekeepers to fight a war, essentially taking a cultic organization that more or less steals children (how much of a say do the parents have?), and putting the freedom and security of the entire galaxy in their hands? Or how about the predicament of neutral civilians in wartime? Should neutral systems help civilians trapped between the two sides, or should they stay out to maintain their own neutrality? And how long can anyone truly stay neutral in a war? These themes continue as well

    No no @MagicalMuffinDruide this is an immature kiddie show. There's no mature themes to be seen. /s
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • There’s a lot of savagery going on here (as per usual on the forums it seems), but for my two cents I’d buy any of these skins with real $
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • Okay, okay, okay. I've been in a car, so I was unable to respond to that slanderous accusation.

    Donald Trump is frequently referred to as an Orange Orangutan. Is that racist too? I don't think so. For one, Ahsoka is of a fake Star Wars species (Togruta) which doesn't resemble any human ethnicity in the slightest. That comment wasn't racist in the slightest. Goodness gracious. Next you'll be slandering people for referring to Ahsoka as Garfield.

    wow dude you are a racist, what your saying.... is something that someone has tried to implicate back in the 1940's a.k.a ****.... your basically stating believes, that the ****'s believed in about the jews being inferior and were inhuman. that is boarder line sick in my opinion.

    @HoverBoyBen . Quit while you're ahead. @Finest_Banana is no racist. You're certainly risking a ban with that kind of slander.

    Thank you :)

    I'm in the wrong for bringing up how some Ahsoka fans have a crush on her. That's unfair of me, since it applies to other characters as well. It's none of my business and it's not a bad thing to take interest in a character. My apologies to Ahsoka fans.

    I don't agree with adding Ahsoka yet for two reasons:

    1) Infantry deserves some love (blasters, new mode, etc) after the recent surge of new heroes
    2) Characters such as Mace Windu deserves to come first.

    Obviously some people disagree with both of those reasons
    My name is Bob

  • EventHorizionOH
    1392 posts Member
    edited April 17
    Okay, okay, okay. I've been in a car, so I was unable to respond to that slanderous accusation.

    Donald Trump is frequently referred to as an Orange Orangutan. Is that racist too? I don't think so. For one, Ahsoka is of a fake Star Wars species (Togruta) which doesn't resemble any human ethnicity in the slightest. That comment wasn't racist in the slightest. Goodness gracious. Next you'll be slandering people for referring to Ahsoka as Garfield.

    wow dude you are a racist, what your saying.... is something that someone has tried to implicate back in the 1940's a.k.a ****.... your basically stating believes, that the ****'s believed in about the jews being inferior and were inhuman. that is boarder line sick in my opinion.

    @HoverBoyBen . Quit while you're ahead. @Finest_Banana is no racist. You're certainly risking a ban with that kind of slander.

    Thank you :)

    I'm in the wrong for bringing up how some Ahsoka fans have a crush on her. That's unfair of me, since it applies to other characters as well. It's none of my business and it's not a bad thing to take interest in a character. My apologies to Ahsoka fans.

    I don't agree with adding Ahsoka yet for two reasons:

    1) Infantry deserves some love (blasters, new mode, etc) after the recent surge of new heroes
    2) Characters such as Mace Windu deserves to come first.

    Obviously some people disagree with both of those reasons

    Look i even agree with @Finest_Banana here. I'd much rather have Mace than Ahsoka. I do think Infantry needs weapons. Open up all the base weapons. ETC. Sadly I don't think the'll get their small Infantry only mode.
    "I play Star Wars like real life, I try not to die if possible."

    k2bblaxemr26.png



    PS4 EventHorizonOH
  • Alex64
    7433 posts Member
    Alex64 wrote: »
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    Clone wars has mature topics and gets pretty dark.

    Like what?


    Would you prefer the violence, like beheadings, dismemberment of organic beings, a Jedi being shot in the head, gutted by savage’s horns, maul slaughtering a village including children (although I grant this one wasn’t exactly depicted.), and on and on?

    Or are you asking about the darker themes like the morality of using life forms specifically bred to fight and die for a galaxy and people they barely know. The morality of accelerated growth rates, meaning the soldiers fighting are in some ways still children, and have been robbed of a proper lifespan. Or the ethics of using peacekeepers to fight a war, essentially taking a cultic organization that more or less steals children (how much of a say do the parents have?), and putting the freedom and security of the entire galaxy in their hands? Or how about the predicament of neutral civilians in wartime? Should neutral systems help civilians trapped between the two sides, or should they stay out to maintain their own neutrality? And how long can anyone truly stay neutral in a war? These themes continue as well

    That's not darkness, sorry.
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • Okay, okay, okay. I've been in a car, so I was unable to respond to that slanderous accusation.

    Donald Trump is frequently referred to as an Orange Orangutan. Is that racist too? I don't think so. For one, Ahsoka is of a fake Star Wars species (Togruta) which doesn't resemble any human ethnicity in the slightest. That comment wasn't racist in the slightest. Goodness gracious. Next you'll be slandering people for referring to Ahsoka as Garfield.

    wow dude you are a racist, what your saying.... is something that someone has tried to implicate back in the 1940's a.k.a ****.... your basically stating believes, that the ****'s believed in about the jews being inferior and were inhuman. that is boarder line sick in my opinion.

    @HoverBoyBen . Quit while you're ahead. @Finest_Banana is no racist. You're certainly risking a ban with that kind of slander.

    Thank you :)

    I'm in the wrong for bringing up how some Ahsoka fans have a crush on her. That's unfair of me, since it applies to other characters as well. It's none of my business and it's not a bad thing to take interest in a character. My apologies to Ahsoka fans.

    I don't agree with adding Ahsoka yet for two reasons:

    1) Infantry deserves some love (blasters, new mode, etc) after the recent surge of new heroes
    2) Characters such as Mace Windu deserves to come first.

    Obviously some people disagree with both of those reasons

    You're welcome. Nobody deserves to be insulted on the internet. Thanks for being reasonable. I agree with the infantry needing some love. I won't complain about which heroes come, but once people start claiming that they don't belong because they're from a "kiddie cartoon" my gears start grinding.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • OcDoc
    1680 posts Member
    The level of her annoyance to me from the first season of TCW I force-fed myself makes me cringe when I see her picture.

    Maybe one day I will skip forward to season 4 or whatever people seem to think an adult would like but season 1 was definitely for kids and I cannot believe I wasted my time watching it.

    Please give me Windu before Ahsoka!
  • She’s not even confirmed stop with these post until then
  • lowell
    1104 posts Member
    edited April 17
    If we're getting Mace in the game, then I want to see his padawan Depa Bilaba, her padawan (Mace's grandpadawan) Caleb Dume AKA Kanan Jarrus, and his padawan (Mace's great-grandpadawan) Ezra Bridger.

    Mace & Depa

    c3901c768024c328eccdedc5b55fd44d.jpg

    Depa & Caleb

    AT32Cpl.jpg

    Kanan & Ezra

    StarWarsRebels_Season3_01.jpg

    3 mighty generations of Jedi Masters and Apprentices
    Post edited by lowell on
  • Pass .
  • Lee1981
    1985 posts Member
    lowell wrote: »
    If we're getting Mace in the game, then I want to see his padawan Depa Bilaba, her padawan (Mace's grandpadawan) Caleb Dume AKA Kanan Jarrus, and his padawan (Mace's great-grandpadawan) Ezra Bridger.

    Mace & Depa

    c3901c768024c328eccdedc5b55fd44d.jpg

    Depa & Caleb

    AT32Cpl.jpg

    Kanan & Ezra

    StarWarsRebels_Season3_01.jpg

    3 mighty generations of Jedi Masters and Apprentices
    Please drop it out ffs
  • Relmets wrote: »
    awq2o0629921.jpeg
    LOL it's literally a children's cartoon, and before the collective freak out happens let me tell you there's nothing wrong with liking TCW. I watched it and enjoyed it too. Of course fans of Star Wars will enjoy something like TCW regardless of age. Doesn't mean that it's the dark, mature, gritty thriller you all clearly want it to be.
    mao6e9ykyyet.gif
    People love citing this as some kind of evidence for the mature themes in this show ^
    This is one of the most cartoony-villain things I've ever seen. If it's supposedly "more mature" than a cartoon it's Marvel movie-tier at best.
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    Clone wars has mature topics and gets pretty dark.

    Like what?

    Let's see...

    The Zygerrian arc about slavery, the arc where Ahsoka's on the run, the Umbara arc, the entire Maul storyline, the Order 66 arc, and the Mortis arc.

    That's not darkness, isn't even a mature topic, it's a cartoon.

    There's not even blood.

    Slavery is not a mature topic? If you say so. In that arc, Ahsoka, who is 16 at the time, gets tortured with a shock collar, and it is implied that she will be used as a sex slave once her will has been broken. Probably one of the most mature sequences that has ever happened in Star Wars, it's like something out of Game of Thrones just about. I'm still amazed that arc managed to get a TV-PG rating considering the subject matter.

    Implied suggestive themes are nothing new to kids shows, hence why they are implied and not explicit.

    I'd just like to point at the The Clone Wars overall is rated TV-PG. 5 of the 10 Star Wars movies so far also have PG ratings, episode 1, 2, 4, 5, and 6 all have PG ratings. So if The Clone Wars is made for kids, than so are episodes 1-2, and 4-6.
  • lowell
    1104 posts Member
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »
    If we're getting Mace in the game, then I want to see his padawan Depa Bilaba, her padawan (Mace's grandpadawan) Caleb Dume AKA Kanan Jarrus, and his padawan (Mace's great-grandpadawan) Ezra Bridger.

    Mace & Depa

    c3901c768024c328eccdedc5b55fd44d.jpg

    Depa & Caleb

    AT32Cpl.jpg

    Kanan & Ezra

    StarWarsRebels_Season3_01.jpg

    3 mighty generations of Jedi Masters and Apprentices
    Please drop it out ffs

    The force is strong with this forceline (like bloodline). You, however, are vulnerable to the dark side.

    Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.-Yoda.
  • EA_Rtas
    1095 posts EA Moderator
    edited April 17
    Alright get this back on topic. This derailed wildly. R34 isn't an appropriate topic for the forum and has nothing to do with this thread. As well cut out the personal attacks there's zero point to them and all they did was add over a page of derailing comments to this thread.

Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!