criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Who already pre-ordered Fallen Jedi?

Prev1
I know I have. Anyone else?

Replies

• Phyxsius
    372 posts Member
    edited April 17
    Will buy at 5 bucks...maybe. Heavy graphics for 8 hours worth of linear story ain't my thing.
  • OcDoc
    1488 posts Member
    Is there a gameplay trailer available?

The cinematics look great but it isn’t a movie, it is a video game and I want a sense of the gameplay before I buy it.
  • Heard it was not linear sort of. So no not ever going to pre order. Not a chance! Can't do it. I will post order it after 6 months after release. Maybe if they add large scale offline on this game annnnd they stop one man army ani!
  • I will never again preorder any game ever ( especially not from EA ) unless its CDP RED title. I will see reviews and then decide
  • I don’t think Ian from shameless was a good choice as the lead. Yes he’s a good actor but it’s not believable seeing him in Star Wars as a Jedi. Just looks out of place but I’ll give it a chance though
  • Nope.
    #StarWars-y
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    No, I’m going to wait until this game is on sale before I even consider spending money on it
  • Relmets
    2222 posts Member
    Lel, this thread isn't going how you'd hoped is it OP
    [+3748 posts]
  • No..

but will get it if discounted during the Holiday Sales

Titanfall and Apex Legends are both fun :)
  • rollind24
    5567 posts Member
    edited April 17
    JediJulius wrote: »
    Published by EA = nope, no pre-orders from me, even if it is made by Respawn Entertainment (who I bet will make a good game).

Yep. I preordered Anthem and I see progression similarities by BioWare that were gutted by Dice after launch of BF2 that were still in Anthem and slow bug fixes. If I could only think of what the connective tissue was
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • RaptorG wrote: »
    I know I have. Anyone else?

You are not alone, I pre-ordered and am really looking forward to it. I absolutely loved Titanfall 2 and am confident in Respawn. Saw the 10%off and went for it, I regretted not preordering BF2 for the Rey skin. I made this decision on little sleep though :# ....
    Not until the next day did I register.....it's SEVEN months away😱
    I don't blame most of you for waiting, you all have valid points for sure.
  • What is the actual harm with pre-ordering? EA doesn't get the money right then and there until the game is officially launched. Depending on the retailer, you can also opt out and put it towards another game instead. Really, what's the big deal? I've been pre-ordering games I know I want to get since I think Halo 3: ODST. Frees me up to buy other games in the mean time as well.

Though I probably won't place an order for it until I see gameplay. I don't pre-order this early. Word is there will be gameplay shown off at E3, so it'll most likely be after that. Then again, I don't normally pre-order until maybe a month or two from launch.
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    What is the actual harm with pre-ordering? EA doesn't get the money right then and there until the game is officially launched. Depending on the retailer, you can also opt out and put it towards another game instead. Really, what's the big deal? I've been pre-ordering games I know I want to get since I think Halo 3: ODST. Frees me up to buy other games in the mean time as well.

Though I probably won't place an order for it until I see gameplay. I don't pre-order this early. Word is there will be gameplay shown off at E3, so it'll most likely be after that. Then again, I don't normally pre-order until maybe a month or two from launch.

No big deal for me, can’t speak for the rest though. I’m just going to wait it out and see if it’s worth it before pre-ordering
  • I am never pre ordering an EA game again after battlefront 2 lol.
  • lowell
    969 posts Member
    I know Respawn used to do Collector's Edition for Titanfall 1 and 2. Is there going to be one for Fallen Order announced at E3?
  • Probably not going to pre order. It's an EA title and I'm not too crazy about the main character right now. Like someone else said earlier, the character just looks too out of place. I can't put my finger on it but, yeah, was at least hoping for a "create your character" type of thing but oh well. It is what it is. I'll just wait a few months after release. Not trying to get burned by EA again.
  • lowell
    969 posts Member
    DoctachCJ wrote: »
    Probably not going to pre order. It's an EA title and I'm not too crazy about the main character right now. Like someone else said earlier, the character just looks too out of place. I can't put my finger on it but, yeah, was at least hoping for a "create your character" type of thing but oh well. It is what it is. I'll just wait a few months after release. Not trying to get burned by EA again.

It wasn't ever planned to be an RPG since the canon makes it difficult for any stories to be non-linear, even the campaign went the same way.

There was a defunct post-ROTJ mobile game called Star Wars: Uprising from 2015-2016 and it was an RPG with a part-linear, part-multi-directional (building a lightsaber and learning force abilities). The main character could be male or female and human or Zabrak or Twilek or Miralan. The funny connections between this game and Fallen Order are that Inquisitors are mentioned or appeared and there are Purge Troopers, two different kinds of them.

• Not preordering from EA, as a matter of fact I don't ever preorder, last time was gears of war 3, must say I wasn't disappointed by that one.
  • lowell wrote: »
    Probably not going to pre order. It's an EA title and I'm not too crazy about the main character right now. Like someone else said earlier, the character just looks too out of place. I can't put my finger on it but, yeah, was at least hoping for a "create your character" type of thing but oh well. It is what it is. I'll just wait a few months after release. Not trying to get burned by EA again.

It wasn't ever planned to be an RPG since the canon makes it difficult for any stories to be non-linear, even the campaign went the same way.

There was a defunct post-ROTJ mobile game called Star Wars: Uprising from 2015-2016 and it was an RPG with a part-linear, part-multi-directional (building a lightsaber and learning force abilities). The main character could be male or female and human or Zabrak or Twilek or Miralan. The funny connections between this game and Fallen Order are that Inquisitors are mentioned or appeared and there are Purge Troopers, two different kinds of them.

I had a feeling it wouldn't be a full on RPG, that I get and I'm pretty okay with. Just happy it's singleplayer to be honest. I would have just liked having a character I could kinda create. It isn't a total deal breaker for me. It just would have got me a bit more interested in the game. I understand the reasoning behind their decision.

That sounds pretty cool though! I would love to see such a game being made on console just more expanded upon. Thanks for even going through the trouble of giving a link! I still have hope for Star Wars when it comes to the games, it only takes one really good game to get the ball rolling again.
  • Unwise we haven't seen gameplay yet
  • lowell
    969 posts Member
    edited April 17
    lowell wrote: »

I had a feeling it wouldn't be a full on RPG, that I get and I'm pretty okay with. Just happy it's singleplayer to be honest. I would have just liked having a character I could kinda create. It isn't a total deal breaker for me. It just would have got me a bit more interested in the game. I understand the reasoning behind their decision.

That sounds pretty cool though! I would love to see such a game being made on console just more expanded upon. Thanks for even going through the trouble of giving a link! I still have hope for Star Wars when it comes to the games, it only takes one really good game to get the ball rolling again.

Technically, Uprising does have one out of many storylines that is canon and part of it's been spread over the books like Aftermath: Empire's End, Smuggler's Guide.

The game developer, Kabam, after Uprising, was basically sold in two parts to Netmarble and FoxNext, the latter of which is part of Disney now.

You know, with the RPG path, it doesn't make sense when people say Lucasfilm should adapt the KOTOR or SWTOR games into movies, the stories aren't always as linear and despite the fact they're EU material now, Benioff and Weiss's trilogy could still be grabbing inspiration from the game themselves.

I really wanted to see Star Wars venture into more single-player games after the success of Insomniac's Spider-Man last year.

Here's an article on why Uprising shut down:

https://www.polygon.com/2016/9/22/13024900/star-wars-uprising-closure-kabam-ios-android

Technically, Uprising does have one out of many storylines that is canon and part of it's been spread over the books like Aftermath: Empire's End, Smuggler's Guide.

The game developer, Kabam, after Uprising, was basically sold in two parts to Netmarble and FoxNext, the latter of which is part of Disney now.

You know, with the RPG path, it doesn't make sense when people say Lucasfilm should adapt the KOTOR or SWTOR games into movies, the stories aren't always as linear and despite the fact they're EU material now, Benioff and Weiss's trilogy could still be grabbing inspiration from the game themselves.

I really wanted to see Star Wars venture into more single-player games after the success of Insomniac's Spider-Man last year.

Insomniac should do a star wars game
  • lowell
    969 posts Member

Insomniac should do a star wars game

As long as it's all platforms, I kind of wish Spider-Man was available on Xbox One and PC but you know Sony loves publishing PS4 exclusive games.
  • No, not too hyped over the trailer. And it’s EA.
  • Cadoth
    1052 posts Member
    edited April 17
    I am definitely going to pre-order the game but I wanna wait for some sales to show up like I did for BFII, I mean 69€ it’s too much for a game which I only saw the trailer and don’t know anything else about
  • Why would I pre-order a game I know next to nothing about
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • I might consider it, but I’ve never preordered any game so I probably won’t.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • JediJulius
    504 posts Member
    edited April 17
    What is the actual harm with pre-ordering? EA doesn't get the money right then and there until the game is officially launched. Depending on the retailer, you can also opt out and put it towards another game instead. Really, what's the big deal? I've been pre-ordering games I know I want to get since I think Halo 3: ODST. Frees me up to buy other games in the mean time as well.

This is just my opinion but I feel like pre-ordering removes much of the incentive to make the game as good as possible at launch. Just give a few pretty trailers and polish it just enough so that launch/pre--launch reviews go well (or are even just lukewarm) and the company has made multi-millions of dollars without people even waiting to see if the game is good. Plus, single player games in particular will devalue over time will also getting their DLCs and patches to make it better than launch. I would rather wait and pay $40-30 for a patched game (maybe even with DLC!) than $60 for a base game that I know nothing about and might even be terrible or broken on launch.
  • Batman20
    1755 posts Member
    I never pre order a game this far away from release
    I know Respawn used to do Collector's Edition for Titanfall 1 and 2. Is there going to be one for Fallen Order announced at E3?

Does Respawn’s Collector’s Edition’s include the pre-order bonus?
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • lowell
    969 posts Member
    Unwarycoin wrote: »

Yes, I think they included everything for Titanfall 1 and 2's Collector's Edition if you pre-ordered at specific stores or websites like GameStop or Amazon.
    Unwarycoin wrote: »

Yes, I think they included everything for Titanfall 1 and 2's Collector's Edition if you pre-ordered at specific stores or websites like GameStop or Amazon.

I meant if you miss the pre-order, but thanks anyway since I think that answered my question.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • No way.

Learned my lesson with this game
  • I'm not going to pre-order this game. I'll wait for more information, plus I was disappointed in the trailer. In reality I was really hoping for to design and customize my own female jedi and lightsaber fighting to survive.
    I'm probably not getting this game.
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • I don't know how the gameplay will be. That wall running makes me think it will include climbing, so I'm going for uncharted/AC with combo based fighting (like the force unleashed), or maybe it will be like Batman/ shadow of mordor, which makes up for cooler animations, but idk.
  • Huge SW fan here but i think it's kind of nuts to pre-order already... Yet i don't think less of anyone when they do, it's your money after all. I just need to see some gameplay and i ain't talking about a brushed up, minute and a half teaser.
  • mastery0ta
    6089 posts Member
    Trailer looked generic. Preordering is an unhealthy practice. Not this time EA. If it's reviewed well and has some length to it I'll pick it up.
  • Mouthrax
    514 posts Member
    😂😂😂😂😂 ...but seriously, no!
  • Sad_History
    105 posts Member
    edited May 27
    Not yet. But Will. Love the protagonist! This is a game for me.
  • Cassus_Ordo1
    343 posts Member
    edited May 27
    I preordered it. Got the deluxe edition. I am excited for it. Even if it’s a bad game, I’m fine with shelling out some dough for a game made by respawn.

Edit: I also secretly hope the final hero and villain for BF2 are Cal and 2nd Sis as a tie in at fallen Order’s release in Nov.

But we’ll see if that happens
    Post edited by Cassus_Ordo1 on
  • YODA100
    1067 posts Member
    Don’t preorder because there is always something wrong with the game at launch.
    (Kinda like SWBF 2 here...)
  • WarfareKiller41
    6724 posts Member
    edited May 28
    Planning on getting the new Call of Duty this year instead, it's rumored to be a Modern Warfare game, no way I'm passing up on that. Really want to pre-order Fallen Order, but I'm kinda restricted on the amount of games I can get per year
    Post edited by WarfareKiller41 on
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • quenaelin
    893 posts Member
    edited May 28
    Waiting for proper gameplay video. I wished it could have been like Skyrim or Dragons Dogma, partially RPG where you could create your own jedi character, but no, though I am not too disappointed yet.
  • bfloo
    14992 posts Member
    Unless you have terrible down load speed, there is no point to pre-ordering games anymore.

It isn't like we need to worry about Game Stop running out anymore.
    I never pre-ordered and got every 'hot' game I ever wanted on day 1, best scam ever.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    Unless you have terrible down load speed, there is no point to pre-ordering games anymore.

I never pre-ordered and got every 'hot' game I ever wanted on day 1, best scam ever.

Gotta get them cosmetic bonuses mate. 😂
  • bfloo wrote: »

It's not about cosmetics. It's about supporting a Company and a game idea you like.
  • bfloo
    14992 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

It's not about cosmetics. It's about supporting a Company and a game idea you like.

But no one likes EA... :'(
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png