criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Why???

Why does every other voice actor in this game at least try to imitate the actors from the movies, except for matt lanter

All he did was imitate himself and its horrible

Especially on Hayden Christensen’s face

I love hearing obi wan ask
“wait a minute, how did this happen were smarter than this” but then i hate it because its ruined with a low voice sounding dude saying “apparently not”

Just give us a voice option between matt lanter and some other guy that actually tries to sound like Hayden

Replies

• It’s not even Hayden’s face either so that’s even more of a bummer! They improved it a little but still a long way to go.... and I really don’t understand the decision behind George and Dave for casting Matt when he sounds nothing like Hayden.. Matt even said the inspiration for his voice was from Han Solo. So he’s Anakin but trying to be Han Solo? Doesn’t work at all!
  • It’s not even Hayden’s face either so that’s even more of a bummer! They improved it a little but still a long way to go.... and I really don’t understand the decision behind George and Dave for casting Matt when he sounds nothing like Hayden.. Matt even said the inspiration for his voice was from Han Solo. So he’s Anakin but trying to be Han Solo? Doesn’t work at all!

Ya they said they wanted to be in the middle, where clone wars and prequel fans could be included but it seems completely skewed toward clone wars fans
  • Colin777 wrote: »
    It’s not even Hayden’s face either so that’s even more of a bummer! They improved it a little but still a long way to go.... and I really don’t understand the decision behind George and Dave for casting Matt when he sounds nothing like Hayden.. Matt even said the inspiration for his voice was from Han Solo. So he’s Anakin but trying to be Han Solo? Doesn’t work at all!

Ya they said they wanted to be in the middle, where clone wars and prequel fans could be included but it seems completely skewed toward clone wars fans

Ya ik I’m the one who started this topic on twitter and this forum, jay and ea lied and said they would balance Anakin from the prequels with Hayden’s look and Matt for the voice instead Anakin looked nothing like Hayden and essentially just gave Matt his own character . Hayden always gets slighted as Anakin and it’s ridiculous
    It’s not even Hayden’s face either so that’s even more of a bummer! They improved it a little but still a long way to go.... and I really don’t understand the decision behind George and Dave for casting Matt when he sounds nothing like Hayden.. Matt even said the inspiration for his voice was from Han Solo. So he’s Anakin but trying to be Han Solo? Doesn’t work at all!

Ya ik I’m the one who started this topic on twitter and this forum, jay and ea lied and said they would balance Anakin from the prequels with Hayden’s look and Matt for the voice instead Anakin looked nothing like Hayden and essentially just gave Matt his own character . Hayden always gets slighted as Anakin and it’s ridiculous

Thank you, i loved hayden as Anakin but they gave us matt

And it’s unfortunate. Hayden is the true face and voice of the character. There’s lots of people who play this game who haven’t even watched the shows and are probably perplexed as to why anakin sounds so odd. It’s really unfortunate as lanter really doesn’t portray the character correctly IMO and his voice is very bland and comes across as forced/trying to hard.

His voice just doesn’t fit anakin

And it’s unfortunate. Hayden is the true face and voice of the character. There’s lots of people who play this game who haven’t even watched the shows and are probably perplexed as to why anakin sounds so odd. It’s really unfortunate as lanter really doesn’t portray the character correctly IMO and his voice is very bland and comes across as forced/trying to hard.

Its so weird looking, it doesnt match Haydens face at all, but in the game its not even Haydens face. Sadly
    Colin777 wrote: »

IMO I feel like George was influenced by the hate the prequels got and decided to do a 180 with Anakin in tcw and change his voice and personality because anakin really is a different character in tcw than he is in the movies, such a shame though because Hayden and the prequels do have a big fan base

That sucks that he possibly changed Anakin bc of fans

IMO I feel like George was influenced by the hate the prequels got and decided to do a 180 with Anakin in tcw and change his voice and personality because anakin really is a different character in tcw than he is in the movies, such a shame though because Hayden and the prequels do have a big fan base

I just don’t see any other reason for him to change the character like that, he had to be influenced by something and I think it’s from the hate he received from so called fans

I find it funny that there are people who say Matt is a better Anakin than Hayden, like how? He’s just lending his voice to an animated character and he’s not even good at that, he isn’t actually out there physically portraying the character. He’s basically just public speaking

eb608qi1ro72.gif

I just don’t see any other reason for him to change the character like that, he had to be influenced by something and I think it’s from the hate he received from so called fans

Ya especially when the prequels were all ideas george had, he didnt try to please the fan base he just wanted to make his imagination into a reality and he had Anakin right the first time.
    tankertoad wrote: »
    It's really not that big a deal
    Shouldnt immersion be a big deal tho, not as big as bugs and balance but important

Maul is on Jakku.

Ya but it atleast feels like it could be in the movies

Matts voice isnt Anakin to me but thats my opinion
  • dominokerem
    348 posts Member
    edited April 17

Books, comics, etc... And they are trying to make the actor's chin and mouth exactly the same. That's why Clone Wars series Anakin is different.
    pe8ga28oxupl.jpeg
  • Yeah, I dislike his voice so much I rarely even use his emotes.
  • Yeah, I dislike his voice so much I rarely even use his emotes.

Ya i avoid emotes to, i cringe whenever he talks automatically to like other heroes
    Yeah, I dislike his voice so much I rarely even use his emotes.

Ya i avoid emotes to, i cringe whenever he talks automatically to like other heroes

They dropped the ball with Anakin
  • ID_8615
    689 posts Member

But not because of his voice. Anakin simply has no place in GA given how he has been designed to utterly dominate any scenario he's thrown in.
  • ID_8615 wrote: »

But not because of his voice. Anakin simply has no place in GA given how he has been designed to utterly dominate any scenario he's thrown in.
    His voice his face his op everything about him they messed up lol
  • Maliainu wrote: »
    I like the Anakin they created for the game. I can actually respect him instead of constantly making fun of him like I do with the PT Anakin... (Hayden’s Anakin is way too easy to make fun of).

Respect, but i still prefer hayden
  • ID_8615 wrote: »

Its all one big mess
  • Maliainu wrote: »
    I like the Anakin they created for the game. I can actually respect him instead of constantly making fun of him like I do with the PT Anakin... (Hayden’s Anakin is way too easy to make fun of).
    This ain’t it chief
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    Maliainu wrote: »
    This ain’t it chief

What?
  • Hesha
    388 posts Member

Then the clone wars must fill you with laughter
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    Hesha wrote: »

Then the clone wars must fill you with laughter

Not at all, and I’m not sure how you came to this conclusion.
  • Appl3corps wrote: »
    This is my main issue with TCW series....Anakin isn't Anakin. He's a version of Anakin that then takes a step BACK when we get to ep 3.

He's too mature. Too wise. Too selfless. Too different. He doesn't "grow" from ep2 to ep3. He becomes more than ep 3 Anakin ever was, then reverts to being super selfish. TCW as a stand-alone works. As part of the lore, they changed him too much in my opinion.

Not saying bad or good. Like what you like. Just calling it as I personally see it. I enjoyed TCW. They were fun.

Exactly what I’ve been saying they completely changed the character and the fact that it’s cannon makes no sense. He acts one way in Episode 2, to being completely different in tcw to back to the same way from Episode 2 to Episode 3. Just throws off the whole character
  • tankertoad wrote: »

Not like Finn you know what im sayin
    My priority list:

1. Fix Split screen mode bugs
    2. Fix bugs
    3. Bigger play area for Duel mode
    4. More love for Starfighter modes
    5. First Person only mode

Just because it’s not big doesn’t mean we can’t speak out on it

Thank you @Raekweezy1220 , nothing wrong with pointing out something in the game that i have a problem with.
    tankertoad wrote: »

Thank you @Raekweezy1220 , nothing wrong with pointing out something in the game that i have a problem with.

No problem!
  • I mean, Anakin's face could be improved if EA is going for that in between, but it probably would've been wiser to get Hayden, as CW fans probably wouldn't mind (I know I wouldn't, at least).

In my opinion though, Matt Lanter's Anakin was better than Hayden's Anakin.

Respect your opinion
  • Ani needs a new skin from T.P.M. :D :D :D
    And every time he slaughters a helpless droid, the Anakin player should hear, "Good goin', Ani!!" in the background from Bombad JarJar.

There's nothing heroic about anyone playing Anakin in GA or CS games.
  • I mean, Anakin's face could be improved if EA is going for that in between, but it probably would've been wiser to get Hayden, as CW fans probably wouldn't mind (I know I wouldn't, at least).

In my opinion though, Matt Lanter's Anakin was better than Hayden's Anakin.

Apparently they didn’t want to alienate tcw fans so they didn’t go wit Hayden, but can’t agreee with Matt being the better Anakin, also all he’s doing is lending his voice, no physical acting or anything
  • nxnhkfx6ab0d.jpeg
    Someone tell me how there’s no issue with this?
  • nxnhkfx6ab0d.jpeg
    Someone tell me how there’s no issue with this?

9xspvl8cuumw.gif

• 0w5b3od77v77.jpeg
    What makes it even worse is he doesn’t even have one look in the game. He looks different on the main menu, his Star cards, and in gameplay.. he was definitely rushed being made and just needs a total makeover to look like Hayden not these three random dudes they made and called Anakin
  • I'm trying to figure WHY. I do better better with my sons account. All his troopers are lower levels. I get more kills. If I use my acct with better weapons and star cards. A 1 blast from q se44c kills me. Yet I can't 4 shot any one with the el Fe.Right? If I use his account I slaughter with a280. But if I use my acct no hits are even registered. In HvV. When I play as fabregas115 i suck. But i have maxed cards. I get decimated. If I play as Xxaj115xX with lester cards I can dominate games. Someone help . Cuz im done with this now.
  • Grassy knoll.