criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Reading that Battlefront 2 Coming back to Life

Prev13
There are more players playing this game by the numbers

Replies

• There are more players playing this game by the numbers

Where are you getting this information?
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    unit900000 wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    People who have been known for lying said it is, without any actual proof though.

The devs are the ones saying it. You do understand, that if it weren't true, we wouldn't be getting anymore CW content? Right?

If CW where driving away players, we would have BEEN gotten OT Rogue One content, and more OT skins.

The devs see the data, that's good enough. 4 or 5 unqualified people wanting to see data that they wouldn't understand isn't nessacary.

a toddler would be a more qualified game dev then the clowns at DICE I dont believe a word they say.

That's fine.

You don't have to believe a word they say. The data speaks for itself, with or without our approval.

speaks for its self? all we got is word of mouth someone want to actually show some numbers?

1405062728, there's your numbers

you feel better?
    B)
    People who have been known for lying said it is, without any actual proof though.

The devs are the ones saying it. You do understand, that if it weren't true, we wouldn't be getting anymore CW content? Right?

If CW where driving away players, we would have BEEN gotten OT Rogue One content, and more OT skins.

The devs see the data, that's good enough. 4 or 5 unqualified people wanting to see data that they wouldn't understand isn't nessacary.

a toddler would be a more qualified game dev then the clowns at DICE I dont believe a word they say.

That's fine.

You don't have to believe a word they say. The data speaks for itself, with or without our approval.

Except nobody has access to the data. On Microsoft's official most popular games list (XB1), BF17 peaked a couple weeks ago. It's fallen 11 spots since.
    XBOX GT: Finest blah

• Maliainu wrote: »
    What difference does it make to anyone if you see the data for yourself? You either play the game or you don’t. Knowing the “numbers” is not going to change a thing

10/10, exactly.
    B)
    What difference does it make to anyone if you see the data for yourself? You either play the game or you don’t. Knowing the “numbers” is not going to change a thing

well a bunch of my friends have stopped playing and I have as well witch is why I find it hard to believe the amount of players playing this game is so high.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • GranularAni9
    269 posts Member
    edited April 17

That's fine.

Except nobody has access to the data. On Microsoft's official most popular games list (XB1), BF17 peaked a couple weeks ago. It's fallen 11 spots since.

Lol, it's most popular on PS4, xbox and PC combined are less than Ps4.

+ 11th spot isn't bad, considering the game came out in 2017, 2 years ago.
    B)
    Maliainu wrote: »

well a bunch of my friends have stopped playing and I have as well witch is why I find it hard to believe the amount of players playing this game is so high.

So that’s supposed to translate to what exactly? Will knowing this info change your decision to not play anymore?

That's fine.

speaks for its self? all we got is word of mouth someone want to actually show some numbers?

you feel better?

what a clown.

Says the unqualified guy, demanding the devs personally hand over sensitive data that he wouldn't comprehend, even if it was spoon fed to him.

its literally just how many players have played at different time frames until I see it for myself I dont believe a word the devs say.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000

That's fine.

you feel better?

what a clown.

Says the unqualified guy, demanding the devs personally hand over sensitive data that he wouldn't comprehend, even if it was spoon fed to him.

its literally just how many players have played at different time frames until I see it for myself I dont believe a word the devs say.

That's fine.
    B)
    Maliainu wrote: »

So that’s supposed to translate to what exactly? Will knowing this info change your decision to not play anymore?

nothing much really I just think its stupid anyone would believe a word they say with how incompetent they have proven to be time and time again how do you people know they are telling the truth? I have yet to see factual numbers showing any proof.

That's fine.

Lol, it's most popular on PS4, xbox and PC combined are less than Ps4.

+ 11th spot isn't bad, considering the game came out in 2017, 2 years ago.

You misread my post. I wrote that it fell 11 spots, not that it's #11. It came out near the end of 2017, so it's not particularly old either
    XBOX GT: Finest blah

• Lee1981
    1728 posts Member

That's fine.

Show me the data then
  • Tigzee
    170 posts Member
    Reading? Hey, that's great! I will be passing by on way to Basingstoke next week. Or does he mean...like the Microsoft Reading in Washington?
  • If its true then its good to hear as hopefully this game will continue to get support or possibly get more support. Either way expanding playerbase is a good thing for this game.
  • like it was ever "alive" to begin with.
  • Phyxsius
    356 posts Member
    edited April 17

That's fine.

you feel better?

what a clown.

Says the unqualified guy, demanding the devs personally deliver him sensitive data that he wouldn't comprehend, even if it was spoon fed to him.

Total player count was never a sensitive data spot. BF3, BF4, BF1 and SWBF2015 all have it.

http://bf1stats.com
    http://bf3stats.com
    http://bf4stats.com
    http://swbstats.com

All they have to do is enable swb2stats.com and put their money where their mouth is. You know, it's easy to run your mouth about The WOW Killer and how he sold the best of all MMOS, only to come clean in front of your investors that you are bleeding 400k subs. Then it imploded within a year, with server cuts, mergers and finally going F2P.

https://kotaku.com/star-wars-the-old-republic-loses-400-000-subscribers-5908338
  • I hope so. Bf 2 is super fun!
    New players will probably have some issues getting into it, but after a while they notice that the game is pretty casual.
  • It would be very interesting to actually see the numbers though
  • Phyxsius wrote: »

That's fine.

you feel better?

what a clown.

Says the unqualified guy, demanding the devs personally deliver him sensitive data that he wouldn't comprehend, even if it was spoon fed to him.

Total player count was never a sensitive data spot. BF3, BF4, BF1 and SWBF2015 all have it.

http://bf1stats.com
    http://bf3stats.com
    http://bf4stats.com
    http://swbstats.com

All they have to do is enable swb2stats.com and put their money where their mouth is. You know, it's easy to run your mouth about The WOW Killer and how he sold the best of all MMOS, only to come clean in front of your investors that you are bleeding 400k subs. Then it imploded within a year, with server cuts, mergers and finally going F2P.

https://kotaku.com/star-wars-the-old-republic-loses-400-000-subscribers-5908338

Oh and Titanfall 2 also puts their money where their mouth is... for better or worse the player count is right there as you load into multiplayer on the bottom right. Got a nice surge when APEX Legends came out, but you knew how long you'd roughly be waiting for a lobby on whatever platform you were playing on.duic71flhd06.png
    For those of you that want to continue to believe the people that are PAID to market you... smh... please stop believing what you want to be true and look at facts. If you want to continue living the fantasy and not look at the overwhelming facts in front of you... here's a little song for you.

I agree with this. I also believe nothing a developer tells me about the popularity of their own game. I just know I don't play anymore and will not be until June probably. Don't care if others are or are not.
  • Batman20
    1574 posts Member
    Hopefully it means EA bring more people over to the DLC team
  • BoothStick
    568 posts Member
    edited April 17
    What is wrong with some of you? This is on par with believing that the “World Famous Hotdog” stand slanging Oscar Myers at 3AM actually sells hotdogs that are famous around the world. The perfect consumer. My Lord...

Haha ironically I play SWBF2 after a night of drinking... and "nutrition up"at those stands just before... oh the dual shame
    os1agvyc211t.png
    Post edited by BoothStick on
  • Phyxsius
    356 posts Member
    edited April 17
    BoothStick wrote: »
    Then RESPAWN being allowed to develop EA products ... again... and again... NOT using Frostbite Engine... DICE doesn't have the leverage they used to anymore.

I'm pretty sure Respawn owns its recent titles, like Titanfall and Apex Legends and, as of now at least, haven't sold into slavery yet.

They are just playing yo-yo between Activision and EA, with their own franchise.
  • Phyxsius wrote: »
    Then RESPAWN being allowed to develop EA products ... again... and again... NOT using Frostbite Engine... DICE doesn't have the leverage they used to anymore.

I'm pretty sure Respawn owns its recent titles, like Titanfall and Apex Legends and, as of now at least, haven't sold into slavery yet.

They are just playing yo-yo between Activision and EA, with their own franchise.

@Phyxsius you are wrong... EA owns RESPAWN... they bought it for $455 Million. Anything RESPAWN makes goes in EA Pockets ... PERIOD. They 100% can not develop a product for anyone other than EA because RESPAWN 100% answers to EA.
    https://kotaku.com/sources-ea-is-buying-titanfall-developer-respawn-1820131071

They own nothing because they sold their I.P.'s to Electronic Arts... if they leave...they leave with nothing.
  • anidriX
    513 posts Member

That's fine.

you feel better?

what a clown.

You are talking non-sense. It's only 2 actual values of Current Players and Peak players for the day. It's not hard to comprehend at all. We already have this information for Steam.

https://steamcharts.com/

I'm not claiming the game is dying or anything but if the game had super high numbers as the ones in the above link, the data would be available. If we did have them and the values were to be low, it would give the game bad publicity and could affect new sales. I'd be willing to bet it's the reason why we don't have a server browser in this game, while some other big games such as Battlefield do.
  • BoothStick wrote: »
    Phyxsius wrote: »

@Phyxsius you are wrong... EA owns RESPAWN... they bought it for $455 Million. Anything RESPAWN makes goes in EA Pockets ... PERIOD. They 100% can not develop a product for anyone other than EA because RESPAWN 100% answers to EA.
    https://kotaku.com/sources-ea-is-buying-titanfall-developer-respawn-1820131071

They own nothing because they sold their I.P.'s to Electronic Arts... if they leave...they leave with nothing.

Oh dear...I really need to get up to speed with the newest stuff.

Thank you.

So, they DID sell into slavery. Would be hilarious if they get evicted twice.
  • Feels like it. I've ran into several people in HvV that returned after like a year or so.
  • Is this guy paid by Dice?

Please tell me you're joking
  • Ah yes, my last 72 hour holiday was quite refreshing!
    Bandicoot wrote: »

The truth, be careful you might hurt peoples feelings and have to go on vacation :'( There's words to describe these devs but i'm not allowed to say them :D

Please tell me you're joking

sadly im not these clowns cant put out a good update for the life of them they think they know what they are doing but they simply dont a toddler could throw together a bunch of random whatever a small child would think would be fun and stick it all together and it would be more likely to be a good update then what the devs on this game can put out at least the RNG of a childs brain might somehow put out something good just by luck DICE simply is incapable of putting out a good update.
    Bandicoot wrote: »

The truth, be careful you might hurt peoples feelings and have to go on vacation :'( There's words to describe these devs but i'm not allowed to say them :D

oh I have been on plenty of "vacations" I feel like ill be on another one soon at this rate but oh well im just in one of those moods right now.