criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

How difficult is it to port 2015 battlefront maps to the current game?

VaderFist501st
414 posts Member
edited April 18
Serious question to the dev team, how difficult is it to port the 2015 maps into this game? I loved nearly every 2015 Walker Assault map and thought the maps had great flow and was very well designed. Some of my favorites from the previous battlefront:

- bespin
- jundland wastes
- Sorosuub Centroplex
- twilight on Hoth

Any of these maps would make great addition to walker assault as walker assault could desperately use some new maps.

Replies

• Considering the fact that these maps have to be entirely remade from the ground up and can't just be ported over from BF2015, I'd say it's fairly difficult.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • Serious question to the dev team, how difficult is it to port the 2015 maps into this game? I loved nearly every 2015 Walker Assault map and thought the maps had great flow and was very well designed. Some of my favorites from the previous battlefront:

- bespin
    - jundland wastes
    - Sorosuub Centroplex
    - twilight on Hoth

Any of these maps would make great addition to walker assault as walker assault could desperately use some new maps.

I am all for this
  • Serious question to the dev team, how difficult is it to port the 2015 maps into this game? I loved nearly every 2015 Walker Assault map and thought the maps had great flow and was very well designed. Some of my favorites from the previous battlefront:

- bespin
    - jundland wastes
    - Sorosuub Centroplex
    - twilight on Hoth

I support this.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Empire_TW
    5580 posts Member
    Idk, Game came out in late November of 2017, Admin's Palace got here in late February of 2018 so that is a general Idea.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.

- bespin
    - jundland wastes
    - Sorosuub Centroplex
    - twilight on Hoth

I am all for this
    Serious question to the dev team, how difficult is it to port the 2015 maps into this game? I loved nearly every 2015 Walker Assault map and thought the maps had great flow and was very well designed. Some of my favorites from the previous battlefront:

- bespin
    - jundland wastes
    - Sorosuub Centroplex
    - twilight on Hoth

I support this.

You can be all for this and as supportive as possible, but it's not as simple as just porting over the "Bespin" file, or the "Jundland Wastes" file in to BFII and giving it a few tweaks. They'd have to start building these maps from scratch because this game is built on a different engine than the first one and so what we had in BF2015 isn't compatible with BFII. Therefore, whilst it might take less time than Geonosis, it could still take them potentially months to bring in just one of these maps.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu

- bespin
    - jundland wastes
    - Sorosuub Centroplex
    - twilight on Hoth

I just miss Walker assault being an offline mode
  • Considering the fact that these maps have to be entirely remade from the ground up and can't just be ported over from BF2015, I'd say it's fairly difficult.

I do not think, that they would have to rebuild it piece by piece by piece, that is not how it works as far as I can tell.

Game Engines separate their levels into "scenes" which are more or less nothing else than game assets, which can be moved and copied over to other game projects, as long as the engine stays the same.

Of Course, then you would have to adjust things to your current system and engine settings. Lighting, potential Script References, maybe colliders and all of this. But the world itself should stay pretty much the same.

And, indeed, you would then have to add the new modes to it which takes most likely the most time. But in general, rebuilding it piece by piece is not really a common way from my understanding.
  • Batman20
    1599 posts Member
    I think they make it sound harder than it is for an excuse to why they have added barely any maps to the game
  • I believe they claimed it takes 60 percent of the time it takes to create a brand new map.