criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

We haven't seen enough of her

13

Replies

  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    DarthLando wrote: »
    she’s basically the real chosen juan

    I should go tell my roommate Juan he is “the juan.”

    *buh dum ching*
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    angrycal04 wrote: »
    Rey:Dumb, stupid, awfully desgined character. However Daisy Ridley is a good actress
    Hate the character not the actress. Some people don’t see that there’s a difference though.

    Those people are annoying and deserve not to be able to post.

    *tap tap*

    Hey, did you guys hear something?

    *click click*

    ... am I the only one hearing things?

    *ding ding*

    Seriously... what is that noise?

    *clap clap*

    Come out and show yourself!

    *tick tick*

    Stop it!

    *hiss hiss*

    Stop!

    *bang bang*

    Stop... I said stop it right now!



    Alright I’m done (seriously though, this comment was that funny to me I had to be obnoxious about it)
  • Tatsumaki wrote: »
    Tatsumaki wrote: »
    i personally hate the new trilogy and i wouldn't mind if they replaced the force awakens charaters finn, aka the wussie..... phasma aka camper chrome dome. and get rid of rey's mind scramble ability and kylo's force freeze. with ventress, ahsoka tano, jango fett and mace windu.

    You hate Star Wars then

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... NO. You don't hate Star Wars just because you don't like these new movies. Some people on this forum have a vendetta against the Clone Wars. Do they hate Star Wars? No. They hate a piece of it. Star Wars is so vast that not liking a bit of it doesn't mean you dislike the whole. And please, if anything is Star Wars it's the OT, not this ST.

    If you can't love every single thing from Star Wars then you hate it.

    0uozgx8cdtfq.gif


    qlc28wnulklu.gif
    It was cooler when I did it with the mic drop. Nice gifs though. I can never seem to get mine to work.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Tatsumaki wrote: »
    Tatsumaki wrote: »
    Tatsumaki wrote: »
    I have blown everyone away with my argument apparently.

    Yeah. It was Mic Drop reply.

    10/10 - Flawless.

    not really, by the way no one understand the point on my thread.
    The point is to ask people if they want more of Rey or what they think of her, right? I think people have voiced their opinions so I think we get the point.

    My point is that clone wars fans get triggered when people talk about Rey, and i don't know why, could you explain to me?

    I didn't think it was Clone Wars fans in particular. I thought it was general Star Wars fans because of how obviously OP they've made her. Like learning the Jedi mind trick 5 minutes after recognizing the force power in her LOL!!! At least Rian Johnson did a good job explaining how she could best Kylo Ren. Snoke pointed out that he was too conflicted after killing his own father.

    Still, I don't have a problem with her. As long as Episode 9 finally puts some sensible story to this trilogy, I'll be fine.

    I could say the same for asuka, maybe they are jelous of Rey.

    Her name is Ahsoka, Asuka is a wrestler. But you'll probably continue with your dry humor

    asuka-696x392.jpg


    My main woman the Empress Of Tomorrow!
  • All of you old farts hating on the new star wars is pretty cringe lord
  • Cane_danko wrote: »
    All of you old farts hating on the new star wars is pretty cringe lord

    The movie was mostly crap with the villains being dumber than rocks and some plot holes as well.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • I can see her having her Episode IX Jedi rags as a skin and the newly repaired Skywalker lightsaber which now is "Rey's lightsaber", but I think they're pretty much done with her after.
    Current Topics:
    Leia Improvements
    Heroes vs Villains Improvements
    4th Ability Concept - Yoda

    1j58fmke3evs.png
    PSN / Twitter: PlayersPurity

    ❝ 𝘐 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮
    𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘰𝘯, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰 𝘢𝘴 𝘐 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶. 𝘖𝘬𝘢𝘺? ❞
    - Leia Organa





  • Tatsumaki wrote: »
    Tatsumaki wrote: »
    i personally hate the new trilogy and i wouldn't mind if they replaced the force awakens charaters finn, aka the wussie..... phasma aka camper chrome dome. and get rid of rey's mind scramble ability and kylo's force freeze. with ventress, ahsoka tano, jango fett and mace windu.

    You hate Star Wars then

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... NO. You don't hate Star Wars just because you don't like these new movies. Some people on this forum have a vendetta against the Clone Wars. Do they hate Star Wars? No. They hate a piece of it. Star Wars is so vast that not liking a bit of it doesn't mean you dislike the whole. And please, if anything is Star Wars it's the OT, not this ST.

    If you can't love every single thing from Star Wars then you hate it.

    0uozgx8cdtfq.gif


    qlc28wnulklu.gif
    It was cooler when I did it with the mic drop. Nice gifs though. I can never seem to get mine to work.

    I only saw yours after posting mine, well played indeed sir, glad you were able to respond to that with this perfect answer with perfect timing. Seems like you are a man of culture aswell.
  • Tatsumaki wrote: »
    Tatsumaki wrote: »
    i personally hate the new trilogy and i wouldn't mind if they replaced the force awakens charaters finn, aka the wussie..... phasma aka camper chrome dome. and get rid of rey's mind scramble ability and kylo's force freeze. with ventress, ahsoka tano, jango fett and mace windu.

    You hate Star Wars then

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... NO. You don't hate Star Wars just because you don't like these new movies. Some people on this forum have a vendetta against the Clone Wars. Do they hate Star Wars? No. They hate a piece of it. Star Wars is so vast that not liking a bit of it doesn't mean you dislike the whole. And please, if anything is Star Wars it's the OT, not this ST.

    If you can't love every single thing from Star Wars then you hate it.

    0uozgx8cdtfq.gif


    qlc28wnulklu.gif

    LOL!! Love the timely gifs and clips in these forums.

    Yeah haha it's my favorite thing about any forum!
  • Tatsumaki wrote: »
    Tatsumaki wrote: »
    i personally hate the new trilogy and i wouldn't mind if they replaced the force awakens charaters finn, aka the wussie..... phasma aka camper chrome dome. and get rid of rey's mind scramble ability and kylo's force freeze. with ventress, ahsoka tano, jango fett and mace windu.

    You hate Star Wars then

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... NO. You don't hate Star Wars just because you don't like these new movies. Some people on this forum have a vendetta against the Clone Wars. Do they hate Star Wars? No. They hate a piece of it. Star Wars is so vast that not liking a bit of it doesn't mean you dislike the whole. And please, if anything is Star Wars it's the OT, not this ST.

    If you can't love every single thing from Star Wars then you hate it.

    0uozgx8cdtfq.gif


    qlc28wnulklu.gif

    LOL!! Love the timely gifs and clips in these forums.

    Yeah haha it's my favorite thing about any forum!

    The 2015 Battlefront forums used to be full of awesome stuff like that. People would be going back and forth in an argument entirely made of gifs and YouTube clips LOL!
  • Tatsumaki wrote: »
    Tatsumaki wrote: »
    Tatsumaki wrote: »
    Tatsumaki wrote: »
    I have blown everyone away with my argument apparently.

    Yeah. It was Mic Drop reply.

    10/10 - Flawless.

    not really, by the way no one understand the point on my thread.
    The point is to ask people if they want more of Rey or what they think of her, right? I think people have voiced their opinions so I think we get the point.

    My point is that clone wars fans get triggered when people talk about Rey, and i don't know why, could you explain to me?

    I didn't think it was Clone Wars fans in particular. I thought it was general Star Wars fans because of how obviously OP they've made her. Like learning the Jedi mind trick 5 minutes after recognizing the force power in her LOL!!! At least Rian Johnson did a good job explaining how she could best Kylo Ren. Snoke pointed out that he was too conflicted after killing his own father.

    Still, I don't have a problem with her. As long as Episode 9 finally puts some sensible story to this trilogy, I'll be fine.

    I could say the same for asuka, maybe they are jelous of Rey.

    Ahsoka was said to be the most skilled youngling in her age group at the temple, which is why she was chosen to be Anakin's Padawan, since Anakin himself was the most skilled in his age group when he was a youngling. But I certainly wouldn't say that they designed her to be OP, especially not when compared to Rey.

    -Rey, with no saber training, beats Kylo in episode 7, Kylo having years of training under between Luke and Snoke, and having powerful Skywalker blood. Ahsoka, after 11 years of Jedi Training (which includes daily lightsaber practice), has her first on screen 1v1 lightsaber duel against Grievous, Grievous toys with her, fighting her with just 1 of his 4 lightsabers, and in spite of that she takes a punch to the head after just a few saber attacks and goes briefly unconscious, waking up just in time to stop Grievous from killing Captain Rex. Grievous then engages a 2nd lightsaber and Ahsoka is totally outclassed, being forced to run.

    -Rey, with no Force Training, performs her first successful Mind Trick in episode 7. Ahsoka, after 11 years of Jedi Training, performs her first successful Jedi Mind Trick.

    -Rey has yet to be shown making any significant mistakes on screen, because Disney wants her to appear perfect. Ahsoka made several mistakes in The Clone Wars, for instance the first time she was allowed to lead a Clone Squadron in a Starship battle, she disobeyed orders in an attempt to destroy a capital ship and got most of her Clone Squadron killed (Ahsoka is alot like Poe in this regard, as Poe did the exact same thing in Episode 8).

    The problem is that she doesn't fit into the movie universe, If she was as great as you say there won't be any problem to add her into the trilogy movies.
    Well, it’s a bit late in the game to arbitrarily drop in a familiar character.

    It's conceivable they could add her into Episode 9. The last we know of Ahsoka is that her and Sabine left for the Unknown Regions to find Ezra. This happens after the Rebellion defeated the Empire. It's generally assumed Ezra took Thrawn back to Chiss space. He claimed it was the path the force showed him to take.

    The Resistance keeps talking about contacting allies. In the Battlefront 2 single player, Iden's daughter is sent to find allies. So what if Ahsoka is one of those allies and she's been fighting the First Order in the Unknown Regions? She still could be alive since she was a teenager when Luke was born. Ezra and Sabine could be too, as they are Luke and Leia's age. What if they've been fighting the First Order with the Chiss, and they come back in Episode 9 to aid the Resistance?

    I don't know if Ahsoka will appear in 9 or not, but there are some rumors suggesting that she might.
    There was a leak that said that Rey will find a way into the World Between Worlds in episode 9, where she will find an artifact of some kind that Ahsoka and Ezra left there for her to find (they would know that she would come there because the World Between Worlds allows you to see into the future), and supposedly there will be some voiced "echos" of Ahsoka and Ezra there for Rey to hear. So if the leak is true they won't appear physically, and only people that have actually seen Rebels will know who the voices belong to, but it's better than nothing.

    I really hope this isn't how they do it. I've off and on thought about how this could work the past year. I was thinking more like:
    The First Order finally traps the Resistance remnant, then their allies jump into the system. It's a combined fleet including Chiss, Mandalorian, etc. Sabine is with them. Iden's daughter and Inferno Squad is with them. They engage the First Order with Poe and the Resistance and space.

    Meanwhile, Rey has been lured off by Kylo Ren. But it's of course a trap with his Knights of Ren. Ahsoka and Ezra show up to aid Rey against the Knights of Ren. Maybe Ezra and Sabine have had some Jedi kids too, one wielding the Darksaber. That leaves Rey to face Kylo Ren alone, and she defeats him. This ultimately was her trial. Yoda, Luke, Anakin and Obi-Wan show up as force ghosts knighting Rey and the others as Jedi. A new Jedi council is born with Rey, Ahoska, Ezra, and his kids.

    The First Order is defeated. The new Republic is born as well as a new Galactic Alliance with Mandalore and the Chiss Ascendancy.
    I personally doubt we will see that big of a tie-in between the shows and the movies and Battlefront 2's campaign, but I guess it's not impossible. There is a rumor that Shriv might show up alongside Lando in episode 9, suggesting that Lando was one of the allies that Leia sent Zay and Shriv to find at the end of Battlefront 2's campaign DLC, but I haven't seen any leaks or rumors pointing to any characters from Rebels physically showing up in 9 so far.

    We will probably have to wait on the rumored 4th Dave Filoni animated series on Disney+ to see what happens with Ahsoka and Sabine's quest to find Ezra. Hopefully Ahsoka trains Sabine in the force, because there was scene with Bindu when Kanan was training Sabine to use the darksaber where Bindu seemed to hint that Sabine is actually force sensitive.
    I do hope that Dave Filoni's new animated show is indeed continuing where Rebels left off. I'd take that over an appearance in the movies. An interesting idea of Sabine being force sensitive.

    I agree it could be a reach that these characters show up in Episode 9, but they did have the Ghost and Chopper appear in Rogue One. So they aren't as against allowing the TV show characters to appear in the movies as Marvel. Darth Maul appeared in Solo with his mechanical legs and new lightsaber that looked exactly like the one in Rebels. Had Solo done well at the box office, we likely see more of him and Crimson Dawn in a sequel.

    I think this all depends on what status quo they want to set after the trilogy. It seems to me like a good way to kick start the Jedi Order in a new direction with people who have learned from the mistakes of the old. Ezra and Ahsoka showed that growth and Rey seems to be on the same path.
  • Tatsumaki wrote: »
    Tatsumaki wrote: »
    i personally hate the new trilogy and i wouldn't mind if they replaced the force awakens charaters finn, aka the wussie..... phasma aka camper chrome dome. and get rid of rey's mind scramble ability and kylo's force freeze. with ventress, ahsoka tano, jango fett and mace windu.

    You hate Star Wars then

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... NO. You don't hate Star Wars just because you don't like these new movies. Some people on this forum have a vendetta against the Clone Wars. Do they hate Star Wars? No. They hate a piece of it. Star Wars is so vast that not liking a bit of it doesn't mean you dislike the whole. And please, if anything is Star Wars it's the OT, not this ST.

    If you can't love every single thing from Star Wars then you hate it.

    0uozgx8cdtfq.gif


    qlc28wnulklu.gif
    It was cooler when I did it with the mic drop. Nice gifs though. I can never seem to get mine to work.

    I only saw yours after posting mine, well played indeed sir, glad you were able to respond to that with this perfect answer with perfect timing. Seems like you are a man of culture aswell.

    Indeed I am.
    6tj3cqar7dtg.jpeg
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Tatsumaki wrote: »
    Tatsumaki wrote: »
    i personally hate the new trilogy and i wouldn't mind if they replaced the force awakens charaters finn, aka the wussie..... phasma aka camper chrome dome. and get rid of rey's mind scramble ability and kylo's force freeze. with ventress, ahsoka tano, jango fett and mace windu.

    You hate Star Wars then

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... NO. You don't hate Star Wars just because you don't like these new movies. Some people on this forum have a vendetta against the Clone Wars. Do they hate Star Wars? No. They hate a piece of it. Star Wars is so vast that not liking a bit of it doesn't mean you dislike the whole. And please, if anything is Star Wars it's the OT, not this ST.

    If you can't love every single thing from Star Wars then you hate it.

    0uozgx8cdtfq.gif


    qlc28wnulklu.gif
    It was cooler when I did it with the mic drop. Nice gifs though. I can never seem to get mine to work.

    I only saw yours after posting mine, well played indeed sir, glad you were able to respond to that with this perfect answer with perfect timing. Seems like you are a man of culture aswell.

    Indeed I am.
    6tj3cqar7dtg.jpeg

    49xn57xco1g7.gif
  • RyanK388 wrote: »
    Jar Jar Binks has more character development then Rey

    Change my mind
    The truth hurts.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • I don't dislike her but she has been fairly one dimensional so far.
  • Just look at her pawa!
    The time has come at last, to throw away this mask...
  • AssaultPlazma
    188 posts Member
    edited April 12
    I can see her having her Episode IX Jedi rags as a skin and the newly repaired Skywalker lightsaber which now is "Rey's lightsaber", but I think they're pretty much done with her after.

    Pretty Ridley herself said she was done with Star Wars after episode IX.
  • Alex64
    7431 posts Member
    Tatsumaki wrote: »
    Just look at her pawa!

    No one is ever really gone... Bwahahaha!
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • brienj
    680 posts Member
    Cane_danko wrote: »
    All of you old farts hating on the new star wars is pretty cringe lord

    I'm an old fart, and have seen every movie in the theaters when it was released, including Rogue One (I especially liked this one), and I like the new films, except for TLJ. I didn't hate TLJ per se, but it was not well done. I don't understand all the hate for Rey, and I am reserving judgement until we find out for sure where she comes from, and who she is exactly. Kylo seems to know something about her, that she doesn't even know, and is why he goes easy on her in their fight, and doesn't kill her, and let's her hang in the fight. She didn't "win" the fight at all, and I have to laugh at all the haters that take that fight too seriously, to call her a Mary Sue. She could be more in tune with the Force than even Anakin or Luke was. We don't know for sure yet, hold your judgement until the next movie, and if it turns out she is just a simple girl with no significant backstory, then you can complain.
  • brienj
    680 posts Member
    Tatsumaki wrote: »
    Just look at her pawa!

    The Rise of Skywalker, the title of the movie alone makes me believe more than ever that Rey is a Skywalker, as I have always predicted. The movies are about the Skywalker family, so if she isn't, I will be 100% baffled, and will then dislike her character, unless they have a very good explanation for her.
  • brienj wrote: »
    Tatsumaki wrote: »
    Just look at her pawa!

    The Rise of Skywalker, the title of the movie alone makes me believe more than ever that Rey is a Skywalker, as I have always predicted. The movies are about the Skywalker family, so if she isn't, I will be 100% baffled, and will then dislike her character, unless they have a very good explanation for her.

    How could she be a Skywalker?
  • ZephanUnbound
    2873 posts Member
    edited April 12
    brienj wrote: »
    Tatsumaki wrote: »
    Just look at her pawa!

    The Rise of Skywalker, the title of the movie alone makes me believe more than ever that Rey is a Skywalker, as I have always predicted. The movies are about the Skywalker family, so if she isn't, I will be 100% baffled, and will then dislike her character, unless they have a very good explanation for her.

    How could she be a Skywalker?

    I see 2 possibilities:

    -A female Clone of Anakin or Luke, made secretly by someone who acquired one of their DNA and modified it. There is already alot of evidence to suggest she is a clone, so this is the most likely possibility.

    -Luke is Rey's father, produced during a secret affair with a re-canonized Mara Jade, with Luke having no knowledge of her existence. Abandoned on Jakku by her mother for some reason. This is what I expected before 8 released, but I am am more inclined to believe the clone theory now due to evidence in episode 8.
  • brienj wrote: »
    Tatsumaki wrote: »
    Just look at her pawa!

    The Rise of Skywalker, the title of the movie alone makes me believe more than ever that Rey is a Skywalker, as I have always predicted. The movies are about the Skywalker family, so if she isn't, I will be 100% baffled, and will then dislike her character, unless they have a very good explanation for her.

    How could she be a Skywalker?

    I see 2 possibilities:

    -A female Clone of Anakin or Luke, made secretly by someone who acquired one of their DNA and modified it. There is already alot of evidence to suggest she is a clone, so this is the most likely possibility.

    -Luke is Rey's father, produced during a secret affair with a re-canonized Mara Jade, with Luke having no knowledge of her existence. Abandoned on Jakku by her mother for some reason. This is what I expected before 8 released, but I am am more inclined to believe the clone theory now due to evidence in episode 8.

    Notice how Rey’s backstory and origin is the only thing that gives her much character. Without that she is nothing.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • 2000sGuy
    5855 posts Member
    Tatsumaki wrote: »
    Tatsumaki wrote: »
    Tatsumaki wrote: »
    I have blown everyone away with my argument apparently.

    Yeah. It was Mic Drop reply.

    10/10 - Flawless.

    not really, by the way no one understand the point on my thread.
    The point is to ask people if they want more of Rey or what they think of her, right? I think people have voiced their opinions so I think we get the point.

    My point is that clone wars fans get triggered when people talk about Rey, and i don't know why, could you explain to me?

    I didn't think it was Clone Wars fans in particular. I thought it was general Star Wars fans because of how obviously OP they've made her. Like learning the Jedi mind trick 5 minutes after recognizing the force power in her LOL!!! At least Rian Johnson did a good job explaining how she could best Kylo Ren. Snoke pointed out that he was too conflicted after killing his own father.

    Still, I don't have a problem with her. As long as Episode 9 finally puts some sensible story to this trilogy, I'll be fine.

    I could say the same for asuka, maybe they are jelous of Rey.

    To be fair i think both characters are useless
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • brienj
    680 posts Member
    brienj wrote: »
    Tatsumaki wrote: »
    Just look at her pawa!

    The Rise of Skywalker, the title of the movie alone makes me believe more than ever that Rey is a Skywalker, as I have always predicted. The movies are about the Skywalker family, so if she isn't, I will be 100% baffled, and will then dislike her character, unless they have a very good explanation for her.

    How could she be a Skywalker?

    I see 2 possibilities:

    -A female Clone of Anakin or Luke, made secretly by someone who acquired one of their DNA and modified it. There is already alot of evidence to suggest she is a clone, so this is the most likely possibility.

    -Luke is Rey's father, produced during a secret affair with a re-canonized Mara Jade, with Luke having no knowledge of her existence. Abandoned on Jakku by her mother for some reason. This is what I expected before 8 released, but I am am more inclined to believe the clone theory now due to evidence in episode 8.

    Notice how Rey’s backstory and origin is the only thing that gives her much character. Without that she is nothing.

    Without Luke's backstory, that he is Anakin's son, there is not much other than he was a farmboy, with high aspirations. What's Rey? Oh, that's right, just that she's basically a slave, with high aspirations. The same if you ask me. People hate her for irrational reasons. Her training? Well, what about Luke's training with Obi Wan only on the Millenium Falcon, yet he used the force to blow up the Death Star. Rey is a lot like Luke, people just hate that there is someone else like Luke. Why, I have no idea. And if she is a Skywalker, well, it explains everything, right?
  • brienj wrote: »
    brienj wrote: »
    Tatsumaki wrote: »
    Just look at her pawa!

    The Rise of Skywalker, the title of the movie alone makes me believe more than ever that Rey is a Skywalker, as I have always predicted. The movies are about the Skywalker family, so if she isn't, I will be 100% baffled, and will then dislike her character, unless they have a very good explanation for her.

    How could she be a Skywalker?

    I see 2 possibilities:

    -A female Clone of Anakin or Luke, made secretly by someone who acquired one of their DNA and modified it. There is already alot of evidence to suggest she is a clone, so this is the most likely possibility.

    -Luke is Rey's father, produced during a secret affair with a re-canonized Mara Jade, with Luke having no knowledge of her existence. Abandoned on Jakku by her mother for some reason. This is what I expected before 8 released, but I am am more inclined to believe the clone theory now due to evidence in episode 8.

    Notice how Rey’s backstory and origin is the only thing that gives her much character. Without that she is nothing.

    Without Luke's backstory, that he is Anakin's son, there is not much other than he was a farmboy, with high aspirations. What's Rey? Oh, that's right, just that she's basically a slave, with high aspirations. The same if you ask me. People hate her for irrational reasons. Her training? Well, what about Luke's training with Obi Wan only on the Millenium Falcon, yet he used the force to blow up the Death Star. Rey is a lot like Luke, people just hate that there is someone else like Luke. Why, I have no idea. And if she is a Skywalker, well, it explains everything, right?

    Rey has a chance at character redemption if she’s a Skywalker. If she’s not, then I will lose most of my sympathy for her.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • brienj
    680 posts Member
    brienj wrote: »
    brienj wrote: »
    Tatsumaki wrote: »
    Just look at her pawa!

    The Rise of Skywalker, the title of the movie alone makes me believe more than ever that Rey is a Skywalker, as I have always predicted. The movies are about the Skywalker family, so if she isn't, I will be 100% baffled, and will then dislike her character, unless they have a very good explanation for her.

    How could she be a Skywalker?

    I see 2 possibilities:

    -A female Clone of Anakin or Luke, made secretly by someone who acquired one of their DNA and modified it. There is already alot of evidence to suggest she is a clone, so this is the most likely possibility.

    -Luke is Rey's father, produced during a secret affair with a re-canonized Mara Jade, with Luke having no knowledge of her existence. Abandoned on Jakku by her mother for some reason. This is what I expected before 8 released, but I am am more inclined to believe the clone theory now due to evidence in episode 8.

    Notice how Rey’s backstory and origin is the only thing that gives her much character. Without that she is nothing.

    Without Luke's backstory, that he is Anakin's son, there is not much other than he was a farmboy, with high aspirations. What's Rey? Oh, that's right, just that she's basically a slave, with high aspirations. The same if you ask me. People hate her for irrational reasons. Her training? Well, what about Luke's training with Obi Wan only on the Millenium Falcon, yet he used the force to blow up the Death Star. Rey is a lot like Luke, people just hate that there is someone else like Luke. Why, I have no idea. And if she is a Skywalker, well, it explains everything, right?

    Rey has a chance at character redemption if she’s a Skywalker. If she’s not, then I will lose most of my sympathy for her.

    I agree, if she doesn't have Skywalker blood in her, or at least someone else powerful, like Palpatine's blood, then I will be angry. If she isn't, there better be a very good explanation for everything, and not midichlorians. I really don't think they are that stupid though, Rian Johnson has nothing to do with Episode IX, but maybe I am just being naive, we'll see.
  • thelasteverjedi
    1528 posts Member
    edited April 13
    Rey as a character feels hamfisted to me, there was no subtlety to Disney's approach at all. They tried to make her too powerful, too quickly as a sign of female empowerment, and it turned her into poor character honestly. People like flawed characters with weaknesses that they can relate to, not perfect Mary Sue's, because nobody is perfect and can relate to a perfect character. Everything she tries she succeeds at, rather it is flying a ship wen she has no flight experience, beating trained lightsaber wielders with no lightsaber training, repairing ships, or even speaking languages that she shouldn't know how to speak like Shyriiwook and Droid.

    I only hope that JJ corrects that mistake in episode 9 by showing that she does in fact have some flaws, some weaknesses, before it is too late and she is immortalized as a Mary Sue.

    it's not disney or JJ, it's all under the decree of kathleen kennedy. (serious and factual comment)
  • brienj wrote: »
    brienj wrote: »
    Tatsumaki wrote: »
    Just look at her pawa!

    The Rise of Skywalker, the title of the movie alone makes me believe more than ever that Rey is a Skywalker, as I have always predicted. The movies are about the Skywalker family, so if she isn't, I will be 100% baffled, and will then dislike her character, unless they have a very good explanation for her.

    How could she be a Skywalker?

    I see 2 possibilities:

    -A female Clone of Anakin or Luke, made secretly by someone who acquired one of their DNA and modified it. There is already alot of evidence to suggest she is a clone, so this is the most likely possibility.

    -Luke is Rey's father, produced during a secret affair with a re-canonized Mara Jade, with Luke having no knowledge of her existence. Abandoned on Jakku by her mother for some reason. This is what I expected before 8 released, but I am am more inclined to believe the clone theory now due to evidence in episode 8.

    Notice how Rey’s backstory and origin is the only thing that gives her much character. Without that she is nothing.

    Without Luke's backstory, that he is Anakin's son, there is not much other than he was a farmboy, with high aspirations. What's Rey? Oh, that's right, just that she's basically a slave, with high aspirations. The same if you ask me. People hate her for irrational reasons. Her training? Well, what about Luke's training with Obi Wan only on the Millenium Falcon, yet he used the force to blow up the Death Star. Rey is a lot like Luke, people just hate that there is someone else like Luke. Why, I have no idea. And if she is a Skywalker, well, it explains everything, right?

    Difference is Luke and Anakin both has had their a$$ kicked, no so with Rey, she’s the Chuck Norris of Starwars.
  • Rey is awesome and people who talk all that mary sue crap need to lighten up
  • They should add padme
  • Alex64
    7431 posts Member
    Cane_danko wrote: »
    Rey is awesome and people who talk all that mary sue crap need to lighten up

    I think rey is mary sue
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    Cane_danko wrote: »
    Rey is awesome and people who talk all that mary sue crap need to lighten up

    I think rey is mary sue
    gr3edpspal3o.gif

    What have you done...
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    Cane_danko wrote: »
    Rey is awesome and people who talk all that mary sue crap need to lighten up

    I think rey is mary sue

    Alex64? Has someone kidnapped you and stole your EA account?
  • Rey is great.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • He triggered me :s naw real talk i just love rey.
  • Rey is great , would love to see more of her!!
  • I think Rey is a bland character and in Kylo's words, a nobody. I didn't like Ahsoka at first, but her character developed because there was a good story to her. Rey is just Ms. Perfect, Powerful, Pretty. No explanation of what she was doing on Jakku. No explanation of how she knows the force. No explanation of her backstory at all. Yet they want us to accept her as the new savior and hero of the 'Resistance'. They kill off Han. They kill off Luke. They kill off lore and common sense with the new sequels. This is what people have a problem with. Without explanation and an actual story, it doesn't matter who Rey is or how cool she is or how nice she is or how attractive or how friendly or any other quality. She's forced (no pun intended) as the new hero(ine).
  • I think Rey is a bland character and in Kylo's words, a nobody. I didn't like Ahsoka at first, but her character developed because there was a good story to her. Rey is just Ms. Perfect, Powerful, Pretty. No explanation of what she was doing on Jakku. No explanation of how she knows the force. No explanation of her backstory at all. Yet they want us to accept her as the new savior and hero of the 'Resistance'. They kill off Han. They kill off Luke. They kill off lore and common sense with the new sequels. This is what people have a problem with. Without explanation and an actual story, it doesn't matter who Rey is or how cool she is or how nice she is or how attractive or how friendly or any other quality. She's forced (no pun intended) as the new hero(ine).

    You aren’t alone in thinking like this. I can never see it myself. I could go on about how i think you are wrong but i feel this is one of those areas we have to agree to disagree.
  • I'll get crucified for this, but Rey was one of the better characters in TLJ. The other characters...
    My name is Bob

  • I'll get crucified for this, but Rey was one of the better characters in TLJ. The other characters...

    Rose is better than Rey imo
  • Me: I don't like Rey
    People: Why do you hate her?
  • I'll get crucified for this, but Rey was one of the better characters in TLJ. The other characters...

    Rose is better than Rey imo
    2zyt7xauqcj5.gif
    My name is Bob

  • I'll get crucified for this, but Rey was one of the better characters in TLJ. The other characters...

    Rose is better than Rey imo

    It’s hard to beat rose. They hate her cuz they ain’t her.
  • Alex64
    7431 posts Member
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Cane_danko wrote: »
    Rey is awesome and people who talk all that mary sue crap need to lighten up

    I think rey is mary sue

    Alex64? Has someone kidnapped you and stole your EA account?

    I Kidnapped myself
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • Cane_danko wrote: »
    I think Rey is a bland character and in Kylo's words, a nobody. I didn't like Ahsoka at first, but her character developed because there was a good story to her. Rey is just Ms. Perfect, Powerful, Pretty. No explanation of what she was doing on Jakku. No explanation of how she knows the force. No explanation of her backstory at all. Yet they want us to accept her as the new savior and hero of the 'Resistance'. They kill off Han. They kill off Luke. They kill off lore and common sense with the new sequels. This is what people have a problem with. Without explanation and an actual story, it doesn't matter who Rey is or how cool she is or how nice she is or how attractive or how friendly or any other quality. She's forced (no pun intended) as the new hero(ine).

    You aren’t alone in thinking like this. I can never see it myself. I could go on about how i think you are wrong but i feel this is one of those areas we have to agree to disagree.

    What type of development has she had besides gaining force powers from basically nowhere? We don't even know if her name is actually Rey. No clue on her last name. No clue on her birth. No clue on her parents. No clue on her training (besides I trained muh-self). She's literally a nobody that is somehow super special, super strong, super perfect, super moral. This is why people call her MaRey Sue. She's too perfect. No shortcomings. No personal struggles to reach a new level. No flaws. She's a sob-story turned hero(ine) with no fill-ins except touching a light saber and magically being able to use the force and best Anakin's grandson. Before that even happened she reverse mind read Kylo and revealed his inner struggle while having NONE of her own except the question of her past. But we never get to look at her past and it never seems to hinder her one bit. Unlike Kylo. IMO, Kylo is the better character because he has a past, we know who he is, where he came from, who his parents are, why he turned to the Dark Side, explanations on how he has force powers etc. He has conflicts, struggles, imperfections, barriers etc. Rey has none of this except she shows up and saves the day with her unexplained super powers.

    That's my point. People wouldn't have issues with her if they just had reason to believe she is this strong for a reason or because of some type of lineage. Maybe and hopefully ep.9 clears this up.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!