criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Clown wars?? The community can do better

Replies

• Spiito wrote: »
    Spiito wrote: »
    2. She a ****.

Geez, you've got some beef with Padme...
    Very observant.
    Cane_danko wrote: »
    2. She a ****.

Not cool bro
    Truly.
    Padme upon seeing this thread.
    giphy.gif
    vr25qh8un2o11.jpg

jn7eo4wgx8o21.jpg

2j0mlz8ywao21.jpg

30z9hu9ojle21.png

kfac1e36a0f21.jpg

when-youre-looking-at-a-list-of-know-predators-and-41913995.png

tvtg8a9av8221.jpg

LMFAOOO IM DEAD AF.

reminds me of how people used to make fun of Obito for the whole Rin thing.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000

• CC_1010
    1448 posts Member
    2. She a ****.

Very observant.
    2. She a ****.

Not cool bro
    Truly.
    giphy.gif
    vr25qh8un2o11.jpg

jn7eo4wgx8o21.jpg

2j0mlz8ywao21.jpg

30z9hu9ojle21.png

kfac1e36a0f21.jpg

tvtg8a9av8221.jpg

You do realize that:

A. Padme was 14 in episode 1. She showed zero romantic interest in Anakin, in episode 1, who was 9 at the time.

B. That Anakin was 19 in episode 2, when Padme fell for Anakin. Relationships between 24 and 19 years old are not at all uncommon in the real world.

14? That’s a joke right?
  • CC_1010
    1448 posts Member
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    2. She a ****.

Very observant.
    2. She a ****.

Not cool bro
    Truly.
    giphy.gif
    vr25qh8un2o11.jpg

jn7eo4wgx8o21.jpg

2j0mlz8ywao21.jpg

30z9hu9ojle21.png

kfac1e36a0f21.jpg

tvtg8a9av8221.jpg

You do realize that:

A. Padme was 14 in episode 1. She showed zero romantic interest in Anakin, in episode 1, who was 9 at the time.

B. That Anakin was 19 in episode 2, when Padme fell for Anakin. Relationships between 24 and 19 years old are not at all uncommon in the real world.

14? That’s a joke right?

Nope. Canonically, Padme was born in 46 BBY, Episode 1 took place in 32 BBY, so she was 14 at the time. There's a reason why it is stated in the movies that she was the youngest queen ever elected on Naboo.

Also worth noting that Natalie Portman, who played Padme, was 16 when the movie was filmed, while Keira Knighley, who played Padme's Handmaid and decoy queen, was just 12.

wow
  • CC_1010 wrote: »
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    2. She a ****.

Very observant.
    2. She a ****.

Not cool bro
    Truly.
    giphy.gif
    vr25qh8un2o11.jpg

jn7eo4wgx8o21.jpg

2j0mlz8ywao21.jpg

30z9hu9ojle21.png

kfac1e36a0f21.jpg

tvtg8a9av8221.jpg

You do realize that:

14? That’s a joke right?

Nope. Canonically, Padme was born in 46 BBY, Episode 1 took place in 32 BBY, so she was 14 at the time. There's a reason why it is stated in the movies that she was the youngest queen ever elected on Naboo.

Also worth noting that Natalie Portman, who played Padme, was 16 when the movie was filmed, while Keira Knighley, who played Padme's Handmaid and decoy queen, was just 12.

wow

Ahsoka was also 14 when she became Anakin's padawan at the Battle of Christophsis. She was only 17 by the time of the Siege of Mandalore.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Relmets wrote: »
    People that use either "Clown Wars" or "Ahsucka" get an instant LOL from me, since there isn't a dislike button on this forum. It is just so immature to bait fans of something by making fun of it. They're lucky the mods here are pretty lenient, I know of other forums where they would have long since been banned for breaking baiting rules.

Encouraging mods to ban users for making punny nicknames about things you like
    People that use either "Clown Wars" or "Ahsucka" get an instant LOL from me, since there isn't a dislike button on this forum. It is just so immature to bait fans of something by making fun of it. They're lucky the mods here are pretty lenient, I know of other forums where they would have long since been banned for breaking baiting rules.

*sigh* This is exactly why I can never take what they say as seriously as I would. Whenever they do it I immediately think:

ved5zqwzhcjv.gif

Cheerleading this idea

Reminder: anyone who takes someone's disdain for their preferred Star Wars content as some kind of personal attack needs to sort themselves out.
    h5alztuan24e.jpeg

I think I speak for everyone when I say that I don't consider this a personal attack. We'd prefer if you didn't do it. It's just kinda annoying and unnecessary baiting to try and provoke people.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • How old was Han when he was tryna get wit Leia, wasn’t she 18 or 19 in anh?
  • ZephanUnbound
    2931 posts Member
    edited April 18
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    Fun fact; I was at an airport about five years ago. My friend nudged me and said hey isn't that natalie portman? I looked, and sure enough, it was her. With a much older gentleman I assumed was her father. A younger teenage girl(15 max) had approached her and was attempting to engage her. She was a total **** to this child. Before anyone goes" hurrr durrrr she's entitled to her privacy" as they drool on themselves hoping she reads the post where "they stood up for queen amidala". Silence. It was a teenage girl that probably idolized her. Not some greasy middle aged dude. Wouldn't have killed her to smile and be nice.

Yeah, a Youtuber I frequently watch was on a flight with John Boyega, who plays Finn, and he asked John if he could take a selfie with him and John was apparently kind of rude to him. I get that celebrities have to deal with fans coming up to them frequently, and I'm sure it must get tiring to deal with so many fans, but if you ask me that is still no excuse to be a *****.
  • How old was Han when he was tryna get wit Leia, wasn’t she 18 or 19 in anh?

*consults Wookiepedia* In Empire Strikes Back, when Han's romancing Leia, Han is 35 and Leia is 22.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Relmets
    2222 posts Member
    Relmets wrote: »

*sigh* This is exactly why I can never take what they say as seriously as I would. Whenever they do it I immediately think:

ved5zqwzhcjv.gif

Cheerleading this idea

Reminder: anyone who takes someone's disdain for their preferred Star Wars content as some kind of personal attack needs to sort themselves out.
    h5alztuan24e.jpeg

I think I speak for everyone when I say that I don't consider this a personal attack. We'd prefer if you didn't do it. It's just kinda annoying and unnecessary baiting to try and provoke people.

what do you think about Dave Baloney instead of Dave Filoni, that one's a personal favorite. Dave's got a good sense of humor too I imagine he'd get a kick out of it.
    [+3748 posts]
  • Relmets wrote: »

ved5zqwzhcjv.gif

Cheerleading this idea

h5alztuan24e.jpeg

what do you think about Dave Baloney instead of Dave Filoni, that one's a personal favorite. Dave's got a good sense of humor too I imagine he'd get a kick out of it.

*smirks* Very creative...
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • please stop with the stupid names already.... its getting annoying. plus I already encounter a major ***** today on this site. and personally i'm done trying to battle with people, when your trying to have a conversation.....jeez just STOP......
  • Relmets
    2222 posts Member

ved5zqwzhcjv.gif

Cheerleading this idea

h5alztuan24e.jpeg

*smirks* Very creative...

I know
    88ejfgquh8g1.gif
    Piscettios wrote: »

ved5zqwzhcjv.gif

Cheerleading this idea

h5alztuan24e.jpeg

I’m personally offended by this. Think I’ll post about it multiple times, maybe start a thread on this pressing issue.

Agreed that would be the mature adult thing to do B)
    please stop with the stupid names already.... its getting annoying. plus I already encounter a major **** today on this site. and personally i'm done trying to battle with people, when your trying to have a conversation.....jeez just STOP......

Get thicker skin if you want to browse the internet
    [+3748 posts]
  • Spiito
    1877 posts Member
    edited April 18
    [...]
    Your logic doesn't change how I feel though.
    HpRShAu.png

- - -
    She was a vessel/tool used in the brainwashing a young mind.

Anakin was being manipulated into thinking that Padme was desirable before their romance blossomed. (Jar Jar, Sith stuff, he makes it a point to demonstrate to Anakin that Padme is considered to be desirable. Jar Jar was Yoda's Sith counterpart, but it failed to translate to audiences; who couldn't see past the facade. )

Anakin's life was predetermined by others, from the start. He was manipulated his whole life; Including his childhood. Padme's and Anakin's situation is akin to how Snoke tried to match make Kylo and Rey. The matchmaking efforts were applied before Annie became of age, it was subtle, yes, but no less disturbing.

More importantly, audiences can be made to think things too. Subliminally. Subtly. Each relevant lead/main female love interest looks & acts exactly the same as the last. Headstrong brunettes. (Padme, Jyn, Leia, Qi'ra, Rey) There's no difference in the center spotlight in a sci-fi franchise themed around supremacy...

In any case, this is just my take.
    Suffice is to say, I don't want Padme added.
    Everyone has their reasons for wanting some-character-or-another included or excluded from the game. I don't need anyone's approval or agreement regarding how I feel about Padme, they're my personal reasons.

*Edit, typos.
    Han Solo: "We're gonna win."
    Qi'ra: "It’s not that kind of game, Han. The object is not to win but to stay in it as long as you can."
  • I mean Id rather be a proud member of the Clown wars instead of the social justice wars like episode 7 and 8

Social justice warrior has been retired but thanks for trying
  • tankertoad wrote: »
    I've always thought Luke was the most heavily manipulated and what I love is at the end he decides to do what he wants to do on his own. They wanted Luke to kill Darth Vader kill the emperor and he survived their manipulation. They also didn't want Luke to help his friends. Everybody knew better what was for Luke.

he could have been told that he had a sister and it was princess Leia of way earlier. I mean how heartbreaking is that that he's hanging out with his sister and doesn't even know.

But Luke won out and Anakin gave in

People forget that obiwan and yoda wanted luke to kill vader. That was the jedi way. You see a sith and you kill them. The only one before anakin who doubted this teaching was mace windu and it was only a moment of hesitation. Anakin denied the teaching for selfish reasons. Luke felt the light in his father and became something more than a jedi.
  • kt5a9tx1glo8.jpeg
    Can def do better than this lol
  • kt5a9tx1glo8.jpeg

It looks like the same picture to me
  • Cane_danko wrote: »
    kt5a9tx1glo8.jpeg

It looks like the same picture to me

2gqtdz5zneti.jpeg
    Where?
  • It's pronounced "Clone Wars", but I agree with you o:)
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • Sensitive much? Man..
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • You're worked up over that?!? C'mon bro.

qz6u4vzx3uqv.gif

I've never been on a forum where someone gets banned for something as minor as referring to the Clone Wars as the "Clown Wars." That's as minor as it gets. If that's the new precedent (and it shouldn't be), your herolord friends would be banned for antagonizing infantry players and telling them to go play COD. Again, they shouldn't be. @ZephanUnbound

I never called on anyone to be banned. In fact, just the opposite. I am using it as an example as how the community is and how it could be. You can hate me for trying to make this a more friendly place. Or you can help me find where it is i am mistaken so we can help each other improve.
    You're worked up over that?!? C'mon bro.

qz6u4vzx3uqv.gif

I've never been on a forum where someone gets banned for something as minor as referring to the Clone Wars as the "Clown Wars." That's as minor as it gets. If that's the new precedent (and it shouldn't be), your herolord friends would be banned for antagonizing infantry players and telling them to go play COD. Again, they shouldn't be. @ZephanUnbound

I never called on anyone to be banned.

That message was meant for Zephan. You're all good
    My name is Bob

qz6u4vzx3uqv.gif

Cool, thanks. I don’t get worked up over clown wars. Or mary sue. Or being called sjw or whatever else. I just don’t see how these things add to the community. I feel it takes away from the discussion and dismisses any sort of real conversation we could be having.
  • I watched for a year and a half as the Cargo mega-thread was ignored. That's but one example. Meanwhile, the devs respond to tons of posts on Reddit. It really feels like a waste posting here. I'm betting many members only do it out of nostalgia now. Either that or entertainment...
    My name is Bob

• Speaking of padmeme, I’d take padme over any hero that’s not in the game currently. She’d make a great hero to release alongside Jango Fett
  • Hmm… well I seriously can’t think of anything better than Clown Wars.

Cone Wars
    Clam Wars
    **** Wars

No… I’m done

Clam Wars :D sounds like a potentially award winning documentary on the perils of ocean bottom dwellers.
  • I watched for a year and a half as the Cargo mega-thread was ignored. That's but one example. Meanwhile, the devs respond to tons of posts on Reddit. It really feels like a waste posting here. I'm betting many members only do it out of nostalgia now. Either that or entertainment...

I'm with you 💯. I thinks it's more entertaining for me at this point. There was a time a few months back, I had to take a break from the game, but I still checked the forum.

qz6u4vzx3uqv.gif

Cool, thanks. I don’t get worked up over clown wars. Or mary sue. Or being called sjw or whatever else. I just don’t see how these things add to the community. I feel it takes away from the discussion and dismisses any sort of real conversation we could be having.

The reason this forum has descended into chaos is that none of our advice is listened to in the first place. There used to be tons of substantive discussion and eloquent content requests. The quality of posts dropped as soon as people realized they were being ignored.

That is an interesting point. I do agree to much emphasis is given to reddit. I imagine the devs are pressured to keep an eye on it since reddit was where they were downvoted so hard about the loot box fiasco. It does not make it right of course. These are the official forums and reddit is quite bias. I am glad you brought this up though.
  • KresusFIN wrote: »

I never called for anyone to be banned. All I said was that the “Clown Wars” and “Ahsucka” folks are lucky that the mods are lenient on this site. I’m a member of other forums that have pretty strict rules about baiting other users. And using names like “Clown Wars” is most definitely baiting. The people who use those names only do so to bait the Clone Wars fans and get a rise out of them.

pfgie8jt4bnh.png

That does happen here too, yet curiously enough it seems to only apply to a select, chosen few.

I can verify this as it happened to me for very minor infraction
    KresusFIN wrote: »

I never called for anyone to be banned. All I said was that the “Clown Wars” and “Ahsucka” folks are lucky that the mods are lenient on this site. I’m a member of other forums that have pretty strict rules about baiting other users. And using names like “Clown Wars” is most definitely baiting. The people who use those names only do so to bait the Clone Wars fans and get a rise out of them.

pfgie8jt4bnh.png

That does happen here too, yet curiously enough it seems to only apply to a select, chosen few.

I can verify this as it happened to me for very minor infraction

"how dare you bait people who like clone wars!!!11"

"Forum keyboardwarriors keep spouting bile and obvious baits? It's okay. They like either Lightsabers or TCW as a whole so no problem!"

Is pretty much how I assume the algorithm goes.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"

qz6u4vzx3uqv.gif

The reason this forum has descended into chaos is that none of our advice is listened to in the first place. There used to be tons of substantive discussion and eloquent content requests. The quality of posts dropped as soon as people realized they were being ignored.

100%
  • bfloo
    15531 posts Member
    I watched for a year and a half as the Cargo mega-thread was ignored. That's but one example. Meanwhile, the devs respond to tons of posts on Reddit. It really feels like a waste posting here. I'm betting many members only do it out of nostalgia now. Either that or entertainment...

That happens when the forum provides more entertainment than the game does.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• RyanK388
    1743 posts Member
    Technically the community does nothing at all. Mostly we do is talk, make threats,Yell at each other, complain to each other, and talk about things we want added to the game talk about things we have in common about our opinions on how we see things and things we agree upon

Clone Wars sells the MOST TOYS why wouldn’t they work on clone wars content
    A lot of kids watch TV and a lot of kids watch Star Wars and most of those kids are exposed to clone wars content so they asked their parents to buy them stuff and they buy this game that has clone wars in it it’s all about money and feeding your base and clone wars pleases the most

That’s because of capitalism and clone wars makes money easy I myself have some clone wars toys... mostly LEGO mandalorians a Boba Fett light up helmet “ lamp” Because Mandalorians is the Shizz EU I grew up on the comics and books that’s all Legends now
    Personally I believe it’s a conspiracy that Jango Fett was declared not Mandalorian
  • RyanK388 wrote: »
    Technically the community does nothing at all. Mostly we do is talk, make threats,Yell at each other, complain to each other, and talk about things we want added to the game talk about things we have in common about our opinions on how we see things and things we agree upon

A lot of kids watch TV and a lot of kids watch Star Wars and most of those kids are exposed to clone wars content so they asked their parents to buy them stuff and they buy this game that has clone wars in it it’s all about money and feeding your base and clone wars pleases the most

That’s because of capitalism and clone wars makes money easy I myself have some clone wars toys... mostly LEGO mandalorians a Boba Fett light up helmet “ lamp” Because Mandalorians is the Shizz EU I grew up on the comics and books that’s all Legends now
    Personally I believe it’s a conspiracy that Jango Fett was declared not Mandalorian

Actually the highest earning toys is the sequels. That is because it is the latest star wars and because kids don’t have the gripes with the sequels that a lot of adults have. That being said i don’t think toy sales should determine what content gets made. And even if one era is popular it doesn’t mean that the whole game has to be focused on that. Why would you want to purposefully alienate players when you can set focus on different things at different times?
    RyanK388 wrote: »

Actually the highest earning toys is the sequels. That is because it is the latest star wars and because kids don’t have the gripes with the sequels that a lot of adults have. That being said i don’t think toy sales should determine what content gets made. And even if one era is popular it doesn’t mean that the whole game has to be focused on that. Why would you want to purposefully alienate players when you can set focus on different things at different times?

Really? The Sequels? Toy sales have actually dropped for Star Wars toys recently. I can’t speak for the kids these days, but in my family and in the many other families I know, I have never seen a Sequel Trilogy toy. I’ve seen AT-AT’s and Darth Vader, X wings and TIE fighters, Clone helmets, Nerf blasters, and even a Jar Jar toy. The only ST stuff I’ve seen is a Kylo Ren mask. If my siblings are any indication, the ST isn’t as popular with the youth nowadays.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png