criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Reading that Battlefront 2 Coming back to Life

Replies

• im going to be honest the update at the end of this month actually sounds pretty good but odds are something bad is going to happen like all ways so here are my predictions:

1. the Anakin nerf wont be good enough and GA will still be an auto win for the light side

2. one of the heroes getting buffed is now overpowered causing yet more balance issues that seem to never end

3. a major glitch pops up that effects game play in a very negative way im sure we all remember not long ago Kylo was running around glitching out everyones block and lets not forget the DC-15 supercharged sentry on crack glitch im sure we all remember that one and there is plenty more but I cant be bothered to name them all

4. one of the hero changes gets extremely botched making them useless somehow.

one of these things is fairly likely to happen of not a multitude of thes things.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    unit900000 wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    People who have been known for lying said it is, without any actual proof though.

The devs are the ones saying it. You do understand, that if it weren't true, we wouldn't be getting anymore CW content? Right?

If CW where driving away players, we would have BEEN gotten OT Rogue One content, and more OT skins.

The devs see the data, that's good enough. 4 or 5 unqualified people wanting to see data that they wouldn't understand isn't nessacary.

a toddler would be a more qualified game dev then the clowns at DICE I dont believe a word they say.

Please tell me you're joking

sadly im not these clowns cant put out a good update for the life of them they think they know what they are doing but they simply dont a toddler could throw together a bunch of random whatever a small child would think would be fun and stick it all together and it would be more likely to be a good update then what the devs on this game can put out at least the RNG of a childs brain might somehow put out something good just by luck DICE simply is incapable of putting out a good update.
    Bandicoot wrote: »
    People who have been known for lying said it is, without any actual proof though.

The devs are the ones saying it. You do understand, that if it weren't true, we wouldn't be getting anymore CW content? Right?

If CW where driving away players, we would have BEEN gotten OT Rogue One content, and more OT skins.

The devs see the data, that's good enough. 4 or 5 unqualified people wanting to see data that they wouldn't understand isn't nessacary.

a toddler would be a more qualified game dev then the clowns at DICE I dont believe a word they say.

The truth, be careful you might hurt peoples feelings and have to go on vacation :'( There's words to describe these devs but i'm not allowed to say them :D

oh I have been on plenty of "vacations" I feel like ill be on another one soon at this rate but oh well im just in one of those moods right now.

Yeah I'm kind of on parole now, idc though, someone's gotta speak the truth.
  • Bandicoot wrote: »

sadly im not these clowns cant put out a good update for the life of them they think they know what they are doing but they simply dont a toddler could throw together a bunch of random whatever a small child would think would be fun and stick it all together and it would be more likely to be a good update then what the devs on this game can put out at least the RNG of a childs brain might somehow put out something good just by luck DICE simply is incapable of putting out a good update.

The truth, be careful you might hurt peoples feelings and have to go on vacation :'( There's words to describe these devs but i'm not allowed to say them :D

oh I have been on plenty of "vacations" I feel like ill be on another one soon at this rate but oh well im just in one of those moods right now.

welcome to the club notice my signature is missing.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000

Preferably not while insulting the devs. That's probably why you guys are on parole.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • yeah apparently numbers are up. It's good news indeed. Hopefully, with more maps added to CS, this will continue.
  • unit900000 wrote: »

welcome to the club notice my signature is missing.

:D Time for a :'(
  • I decided to try GA again today. This Might explain why I am continually put on teams where most people do not have a clue. Just as bad as it was before they attempted to address it.
  • I decided to try GA again today. This Might explain why I am continually put on teams where most people do not have a clue. Just as bad as it was before they attempted to address it.

I’m going to be honest. Anakin is annoying but the player base does seem high on Xbox. I click on GA, nearly seconds I get put in a fresh full lobby. Late 2018 that never happen, Xbox player bass must be high.

I’m going to be honest. Anakin is annoying but the player base does seem high on Xbox. I click on GA, nearly seconds I get put in a fresh full lobby. Late 2018 that never happen, Xbox player bass must be high.

I've noticed the opposite, and I know a lot of players that have quit playing because of Anakin. I feel there is more new players evident by the fact that nobody knows what the hell is going on, and less of the regular players now.

Preferably not while insulting the devs. That's probably why you guys are on parole.

:D Some things have to be said though, cause if I was this bad at my job I would have been fired many moons ago. Some people take offense to the truth, but that's fact, I paid money for a game not for it to get ruined by a bunch of monkeys.

me to i pre order it day 1 of the story
  • Alwe15
    504 posts Member
    BoothStick wrote: »
    @rollind24 I seriously chalk up this insane devotion to believing Staff/Salaried Marketing people to inexperience. They Havent been burned yet. I also dont think it's so much about convincing player base... I think its DICE trying to convince EA. I'm sure BIOWARE and DICE are not that loved by EA shareholders in 2019. Then RESPAWN being allowed to develop EA products ... again... and again... NOT using Frostbite Engine... DICE doesn't have the leverage they used to anymore.

For all you younger gamers there is an EA Graveyard DICE wants to stay out of... no studio is safe from it.
    zdq3xsocu1ju.jpg

Bullfrog Productions. Westwood Studios. Maxis 😢
  • Numbers won’t make this great game, it’ll just be a less dead 2nd tier game.
  • Numbers won’t make this great game, it’ll just be a less dead 2nd tier game.

Amen
    XBOX GT: Finest blah

• Prodicate was back on BF15 yesterday. @Ppong_Man12. Looks like he was playing some Walker Assault

• ArchAngeL_777
    1669 posts Member
    edited April 19
    Oh and as it would appear, the player population has increased back to the same amount that it was during launch,
    How interesting. @ 1:05

1) three weeks after launch, actually
    2) This has already been addressed
    3) It's still an extremely unpopular game for carrying the Star Wars & Battlefront brand, especially when you consider how it's frequently been on sale for $7.50 dating back months ago
    4) BF17 has tons of issues, regardless of population count

Not 3 weeks, but not launch either. The game launched in mid-November. They said it's back up to the lowest levels of November 2017. That's still excellent.

Yes the game has been on sale, but it's been dirt cheap for a while. It's only recently with the content additions that people have decided even a bargain bin price is worth it LOL!! The Clone Wars content has allowed them to re-market the game and it's improvements. So word has gotten out better that it is worth checking out.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Oh and as it would appear, the player population has increased back to the same amount that it was during launch,

A Star Wars HQ video...

Where is the actual proof of this? How do we know they are not lying.
    kxvyqkavm1ts.png
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • ID_8615
    531 posts Member
    Not sure which region your are in or just how many seconds you are referring to, but on my Xbox in the Midwest, I often start on teams number 10-13 a side. Pre-2019, I would have concurred, that lobbies are always full. Tonight, the PS4 & XBox were both full because of the no-wait respawn event going on. Otherwise, in my perspective, both platforms are not as busy as they were a year prior. I believe this steady decline is directly due to the diversion from a shooting game to a heroes lording over others game.

I counted my deaths of late: 50~80% of my deaths are due to abject silliness---heroes or villains just slaying me without any avenue of escape or recourse. Best I can do is attempt a light saber emote to confuse the heck out of them before I get sliced. Or pulled. Or pushed. Or rocketed mercilessly. Those games are boring. Nothing says "stay away" more than sending in a newbie trooper to face down Anakin taking a dump in your spawn zone.
  • "that's a crashed speeder" "we will get weapons as part of the live service", forgive us for wanting to see the numbers that will verify what they are saying............
  • Haha, oh the hopeless devotees. Those of us who have been around for a while know what Dice are up to and it smells like it always did.

They're what you call Shysters or a person, like a lawyer, who uses unscrupulous, fraudulent, or deceptive methods in business.

They'll tell you "Lots of stuff coming up soon"....everyone gets excited and start predicting and arguing. Then we find out the "stuff" were weekend events. Let that sink in...they can keep acting like they'redoing things with this game with just lame "weekend events" .
  • Prodicate was back on BF15 yesterday. @Ppong_Man12. Looks like he was playing some Walker Assault

Man I wish all those guys would come back. I saw where ps4 was doing a new dropzone tournament and some big names were in it.
  • Haha, oh the hopeless devotees. Those of us who have been around for a while know what Dice are up to and it smells like it always did.

They're what you call Shysters or a person, like a lawyer, who uses unscrupulous, fraudulent, or deceptive methods in business.

They'll tell you "Lots of stuff coming up soon"....everyone gets excited and start predicting and arguing. Then we find out the "stuff" were weekend events. Let that sink in...they can keep acting like they'redoing things with this game with just lame "weekend events" .

That upcoming movie ep.9 on the horizon, the clone wars series, and the mandalorian, I see exactly what they’re doing.

Man I wish all those guys would come back. I saw where ps4 was doing a new dropzone tournament and some big names were in it.

If that's the tournament I heard about, several of my Xbox friends joined

• TheScape
    1931 posts Member
    Haha, oh the hopeless devotees. Those of us who have been around for a while know what Dice are up to and it smells like it always did.

That upcoming movie ep.9 on the horizon, the clone wars series, and the mandalorian, I see exactly what they’re doing.

Yeah....to celebrate the release of The Mandalorian they'll have a..."no spawn timer" weekend event. That's their creative ideas limit.

They’ll cut the BP cost for Boba and call it an event :D

Even better, duplicate Bobas for everyone!
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • E_ABZU
    349 posts Member
    Jetpack, sabre weilding zombies with all of Anakins abilities.

A Star Wars HQ video...

kxvyqkavm1ts.png

A discord comment from someone who says we can't have battle damaged Vader because he needs the suit working to survive while we have Grievous literally running around while on fire is equally as worthless.
    Lmao even if they showed you the actual numbers, I still highly doubt you would believe them
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif

A Star Wars HQ video...

kxvyqkavm1ts.png

A discord comment from someone who says we can't have battle damaged Vader because he needs the suit working to survive while we have Grievous literally running around while on fire is equally as worthless.
    Lmao even if they showed you the actual numbers, I still highly doubt you would believe them

Now now... no reason not to believe official numbers, especially with earnings conference calls with real people involved.

But all they have to do is enable swb2stats.com.
  • rollind24
    5176 posts Member
    edited April 19
    Haha, oh the hopeless devotees. Those of us who have been around for a while know what Dice are up to and it smells like it always did.

It reminds me of the Freeplay events that Anthem does and is advertised as part of the “live service”. The “events” are things such as Dominion weekend where you can find the Dominion faction spawning where you used to find a different enemy faction. Keep in mind that every enemy faction is already on the Freeplay world regularly, you just have the non event factions replaced in certain areas so you find more of the “event” faction.

In the roadmap they list these events as “cortex locked” so to deceive people into thinking they might get something new, little do they know it’s just simply replacing enemies with different enemies that were already in the world anyways.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • I won't give you numbers
    But I will give you a fact
    Can't play any mode on ps4 in Australia other than HvV or GA
    Most times a can't get GA game or have to wait until someone leaves
    Probably only 1 or 2 lobbies going around
  • Phyxsius wrote: »

A Star Wars HQ video...

kxvyqkavm1ts.png

Now now... no reason not to believe official numbers, especially with earnings conference calls with real people involved.

But all they have to do is enable swb2stats.com.

The swbstats website was actually run by a third-party source. They got the numbers directly from BF15's API though. The same guy who ran the website also created trackers for the Battlefield games, and the numbers were always very similar to other population trackers. He was reputable.

I'm unsure why they didn't create one for BF17. It's possible that DICE tinkered with things to prevent such websites from gaining access to player numbers.

A Star Wars HQ video...

kxvyqkavm1ts.png

Exactly, it wouldn't even matter. It would only be a Mic drop moment towards all the CW haters.

B)

A Star Wars HQ video...

kxvyqkavm1ts.png

Exactly, it wouldn't even matter. It would only be a Mic drop moment towards all the CW haters.

You seem very sure of yourself

A Star Wars HQ video...

kxvyqkavm1ts.png

It is almost as if they don't want to actually release the numbers because they are lying...

If someone is sure on their numbers being positive you better believe they will show them.

Even Netflix who keeps their viewership numbers guarded has no problem putting them out there for everyone when they get a hit. Birdbox was the last one I remember.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • My question is where these players are coming from. I never see more than one or two guys from my friends list on BF17, and that list is mainly comprised of Battlefront players (OG veterans and BF15 ones). Is it all new CW guys?

• Snake oil salesmen in a Trump era.

I doubt if this number increase is anything other than data manipulation.

pH
  • rollind24
    5176 posts Member
    My question is where these players are coming from. I never see more than one or two guys from my friends list on BF17, and that list is mainly comprised of Battlefront players (OG veterans and BF15 ones). Is it all new CW guys?

Reddit Russian IRA internet troll numbers haha.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Phyrebrat wrote: »
    Snake oil salesmen in a Trump era.

pH

Leave your political opinions off of the forums. This isn’t the first time. Thanks!
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Phyrebrat wrote: »
    Snake oil salesmen in a Trump era.

pH

Leave your political opinions off of the forums. This isn’t the first time. Thanks!

Thank you OG
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • tankertoad
    5814 posts Member
    edited April 20
    Also I sat in an empty lobby for 15 minutes last weekend. just watching people come and go , the children that didn't have the patience to just sit and wait because there's nowhere else to go and then they get stuck right back in the same server.

I've been in multiple multiple steam rolls where I left quit waited 5 minutes and ended up right back in the exact same server, on the same side getting same steamrolled.

I'm not saying the game is dead. But it's been on life support for a long time. The new mode added a little bit of life. But then Anakin plus the absolute blandness of the mode has had people go right back to whatever else they were doing
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif