criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Palpatine needs a block

Prev1
Terranova4
437 posts Member
edited April 17
So with Maul finally getting a block and Yoda getting a saber block I think Palpatine should also get his block back since his situation is just like Maul's

Come on who's with me huh?

h1prkva5ukla.jpg

Post edited by Terranova4 on

Replies

• OcDoc
    1681 posts Member
    I like him the way he is.

He has great range, his aura is almost like a block and his dodging ability gets him out of trouble against saber users nicely.

I don’t think everyone should be able to block. It is boring when everyone plays the same.
  • vBREEDv
    268 posts Member
    vBREEDv wrote: »
    If he gets a lightsaber sure but he does NOT need a block. I’ve seen so many Palps that are REALLY good and die like once or twice in a whole HvV match and what makes it worse they spam there abilities and make it IMPOSSIBLE to get to them and land clean hits, now imagine if you get to him FINALLY and now he’s blocks you and dodges away.... :#

And I rarely see Palpatine constantly dying because he can hit you from such a distance unlike Maul or Yoda who have to get up close to attack.
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    Terranova4 wrote: »
    Maliainu wrote: »
    I’ve commented on how Palpatine is strangely missing his lightsaber. Why can’t he be allowed to have one?

Because it's RotJ Palpatine who doesn't use lightsabers anymore

Well that’s just ignorant decision making since he originally had one like the Jedi and other Sith Lords/Generals.
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    OcDoc wrote: »

He has great range, his aura is almost like a block and his dodging ability gets him out of trouble against saber users nicely.

I don’t think everyone should be able to block. It is boring when everyone plays the same.

My comment isn’t to suggest he should have a lightsaber to block. Just would like to see him have one in a BF game.
  • d0kRX
    1425 posts Member
    ...is weak.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • Empire_TW
    6436 posts Member
    "his situation is just like Maul's"

Are you referring to Anakin being in the game being the situation? Because a block won't stop Anakin from hitting him through block.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • I mean, it would be nice if he could block. But he'd need major adjustments in order to be balanced. Like make him only regenerate health on kills or such, or his dash distance is shorter. Something like that. And if he can block, it's the same as BF 2015 where he uses Tutaminis (like Yoda does with his Unleash ability, but can't fire it back). Also, it can block maybe 3 to 4 saber strikes because it drains a boat load of stamina.

Bottom line, I'd like it, but he'd need MAJOR balancing changes, and since it isnt a must as he's still good right now, I don't think the team should concern themselves with this really at the moment.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Terranova4 wrote: »
    I’ve commented on how Palpatine is strangely missing his lightsaber. Why can’t he be allowed to have one?

I like Emperor the way he is rn, but he had his lightsaber with him all the time, RotJ included. He mainly relied on the Force and thought that he was way pass the need to use a lightsaber, but he still mastered it and carried two with him all the time, just in case. I don't know the cannon stance on it, but in legends he had a lot of lightsabers hidden for, a bit paranoid, safety measure

8dh69o72w6hm.jpg

I like Emperor the way he is rn, but he had his lightsaber with him all the time, RotJ included. He mainly relied on the Force and thought that he was way pass the need to use a lightsaber, but he still mastered it and carried two with him all the time, just in case. I don't know the cannon stance on it, but in legends he had a lot of lightsabers hidden for, a bit paranoid, safety measure

I know all that but currently Palpatine only canonically used a saber only once after RotS. But i think in RotJ he abandoned them completely because he was so arrogant and overconfident. He said he was unarmed but that was probably a lie
  • He should get a block that only blocks blaster fire and force powers, not lightsabers

And it should be weak against blasters

Mostly there to prevent rag dolling from force users

I don’t think he’d balancing changes with a block like that
  • Maybe he could jump higher…and higher… and higher… and higher…
  • You better not touch my Senate!
    HE IS JUST FINE!
    they kill switched him once, if they make these changes, they might have to again

enough is enough! He's too dangerous to need a block!
  • mastery0ta
    6140 posts Member
    Like 15 had? Jazz hands that swallow blaster shots? Id be okay with that
  • Renegade1004C
    115 posts Member
    edited April 5
    Would absolutely love to have his Battlefront 2015 block back. PLEASE make this a thing. This needs to stay a top comment thread.
  • His blaster block would just look awesome. I'm on board with that.
  • But it shouldn’t block lightsabers
    Just force powers and blaster fire
  • I'm cool with the 15 blaster block.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
    So with Maul finally getting a block and Yoda getting a saber block I think Palpatine should also get his block back since his situation is just like Maul's

Come on who's with me huh?

h1prkva5ukla.jpg

@Terranova4 i suggest to you to edit the title with: ''Palpatine need a block''
    OcDoc wrote: »

Try saying this when you get ragdolled by Yoda, Anakin, Luke, and Obi-Wan all at the same time

Well, he should have SOME weaknesses.

• 5char
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • No he doesn't
  • brienj
    680 posts Member
    No. Just no. In the right hands, he would be unbeatable. The same is going to happen once Maul and Yoda get a block, it will be a total nightmare to play against the few people that actually know how to use them.
  • brienj wrote: »
    No. Just no. In the right hands, he would be unbeatable. The same is going to happen once Maul and Yoda get a block, it will be a total nightmare to play against the few people that actually know how to use them.

Just as any other character. I've been up against nightmare Lukes, Reys, Mauls, etc etc. Every one of them are nightmares in the right hands. It's just that some are easier to play than others. That's where the only differences are.
  • His melee should be a lightsaber strike chain, this is a no-brainer.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • His melee should be a lightsaber strike chain, this is a no-brainer.

His alt fire should have been a saber block and his melee should be saber attacks
  • And his dash could have been the spin attack that did a slight bit of damage
  • Bump.
  • RyanK388
    1743 posts Member
    I never knew Palpatine could gamewise use both hands to project lighting and that he was just weak with no blocking
  • I mean, it would be nice if he could block. But he'd need major adjustments in order to be balanced. Like make him only regenerate health on kills or such, or his dash distance is shorter. Something like that. And if he can block, it's the same as BF 2015 where he uses Tutaminis (like Yoda does with his Unleash ability, but can't fire it back). Also, it can block maybe 3 to 4 saber strikes because it drains a boat load of stamina.

Bottom line, I'd like it, but he'd need MAJOR balancing changes, and since it isnt a must as he's still good right now, I don't think the team should concern themselves with this really at the moment.

Agreed with this guy, if they give him a block, he would need a major rework.

He should've got one like BF2015, but at this point is too late.
  • He need a weak block vs blasters and vs force powers but not against sabers. He can't block force push and he can knocked out with easy for this, he can't block anakin pull and retribution so he can be obliterated by him in 2 seconds.

• RyanK388
    1743 posts Member
    edited April 19
    It’s not like Palpatine was like that in 2015 battlefront because the other trigger was block, so experience wise, I felt no need to press both triggers and I didn’t know his duel Lightning hands was a thing and it’s not like they said anything about it when he first came out.

Using Darkside force powers is like ***** to the body, Dark Force wielders who immerse themselves in Darkside nexuses like Talzin and Sheev Palpatine end up looking like preserved corpses because it corrupts/corrodes the body.

RyanK388 wrote: »
    I never knew Palpatine could gamewise use both hands to project lighting and that he was just weak with no blocking

I want you to know I am not making fun of you Ryan by any means.

But this is issue with a lot of people. I see so many 1 handed Palpatines it's not funny. I send these people messages when I can telling them to use both triggers.

He does NOT need a block. Dodge needs to just work better.
    We play as Palpatine, not Darth Sidious. I know I know, he is still a Darth, but ROTJ Palpatine not ROTS Sidious.

I found out how to use the spoiler feature on the forums

I know you’re not making fun of me I can recognize that, it’s just that Palpatine being able to use force lightning from both hands is not openly stated so who would actually know unless they actually did it for themselves 🙄 yah know?

ROTJ Palpatine had a cane. If that was the same Palp on the battlefront then he would be a lot slower and wouldn't even be able to dash every 1.5 seconds. I'm also sure that Palpatine will be getting some skins from the prequels such as his red robe skin and maybe a pre-deformed palpatine. Palpatine always blocked when someone was shooting at him in the comics (and the picture above shows that) and he has also used a lightsaber a few times, but mostly against jedi, which is why I don't think he NEEDS a lightsaber, but at least a block by using his hand, like in Battlefront 2015.
  • RyanK388 wrote: »

I want you to know I am not making fun of you Ryan by any means.

But this is issue with a lot of people. I see so many 1 handed Palpatines it's not funny. I send these people messages when I can telling them to use both triggers.

He does NOT need a block. Dodge needs to just work better.
    We play as Palpatine, not Darth Sidious. I know I know, he is still a Darth, but ROTJ Palpatine not ROTS Sidious.

What if he gets a Darth Sidious skin??? Palpatine is a highly requested hero to get skins.
  • MC_XIX
    1779 posts Member
    What about if Dark Aura made Palpatine immune to CC and force abilities while active, like Unrelenting Advance?

Palps should still take damage from abilities he doesn't dodge, but adding this effect to Dark Aura would definitely help against the infinite rag dolling.
  • vVrathh
    403 posts Member

Well that’s just ignorant decision making since he originally had one like the Jedi and other Sith Lords/Generals.

Ignorant? The one being ignorant here is you. In the OT (you know, the movies where the story has progressed over 18 years since Rots) Palpatine is so powerful in the dark side, he doesn’t even need the lightsaber anymore. That’s why he doesn’t have one in the game and never will.
  • KresusFIN
    2716 posts Member
    vVrathh wrote: »

Ignorant? The one being ignorant here is you. In the OT (you know, the movies where the story has progressed over 18 years since Rots) Palpatine is so powerful in the dark side, he doesn’t even need the lightsaber anymore. That’s why he doesn’t have one in the game and never will.

Shame that alleged power never translated well into the game. Palp is a prime target for ragdrolling, his range is limited, and his DPS potential is among (may actually be) the LOWEST of the entire DS roster.

I can see the appeal of ditching Saberpalp for this more force-focused one, but compared to 2015 Palps, this one seems so squishy and just.. bad.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • Prop4FORDAYZ
    56 posts Member
    edited June 2
    vVrathh wrote: »

You're right, he doesn't need a lightsaber, but he still should have a block, like in the comics, where he could use his hands to deflect blasters. A sith lord would most definitely show how powerful they are by deflecting blasters by just using their hands. It doesn't even have to be a good block, just a block with little stamina because palpatine knows that he only would have to use it when he's desperate, like how Maul only uses his block when he's desperate.

He should also be able to block force powers such as force push, pull, retribution, etc. with that (except for the regular abilities that he can't such as mind trick). Reminder: Palpatine has a HUGE force barrier, so it should've been really hard to even force push Palpatine, and since the only force barrier in this game is a block, I believe that the dark lord of the sith should have his 'force barrier' to block most force powers.
  • quenaelin
    935 posts Member
    It is bad excuse that in original trilogy Palps didn't have lightsaber, also in original movies Yoda didn't have lightsaber, he got only walking stick. Now in this game Yoda has both lightsaber and block, so it is very reasonable that Palps needs some kind of option to block, it could be built in to Dark Aura or give him proper light saber instead.

• h1prkva5ukla.jpg

This is all that he needs. That was his only defensive in the original trilogy that he used.

• LucKazama
    157 posts Member
    Has lightning attacks that has ridiculous reach,an aura that slows AND damages enemies,a legit stun and then the chain lightning that provides a little push back....and last but not least his dodge which imo is better than everyone else's next to boba....and you want to give him a block?? He has got a stun and a slow he don't need no block
  • Maul has an amazing dodge and his twirl ability, just like Palpatines'. He still got a block and he's still fine.
  • Palpatine should rarely ever get hit with a force ability because he is so powerful in his force and he has a force barrier, but HvV seems to differ. The only 'force barrier' in this game is their block, so palpatine should at least have a block for force abilities which can also deflect blaster bullets with his hands BUT the stamina is very short, that can deflect maybe 5-10 shots, since he does have a great dash, but still, the block can only deflect a few shots when he's desperate.
  • Alex64
    7442 posts Member
    So every blaster hero need a block
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • KresusFIN
    2716 posts Member
    LucKazama wrote: »
    Has lightning attacks that has ridiculous reach,
    Limited, unlike Blasters. Also very low DPS.
    an aura that slows AND damages enemies,
    Damage is comparable to tickles. And that slow does nothing against sabertracking, and rush abilities, and charges and what have you.
    a legit stun and then the
    More of an "interrupt". Half-an-eternity to cast, and it lasts for less than a second, when you're free to start moving again.
    chain lightning that provides a little push back....and last but not least his
    Saving grave. Has decent cards attached to it too. Shame it has a million years worth of CD.
    dodge which imo is better than everyone else's next to boba....and you want to give him a block?? He has got a stun and a slow he don't need no block

That dodge looks cute, but it's nothing special. Travels a bit further when dashing forward, but that's it. Still susceptible to ragdolling. Still easy to pick off and gets hardcountered by just about every blaster on LS.

Decent at disrupting a team engaged in combat, but beyond that? He's just not radiating that "Darth Sidious" feel, like the 2015 variant did.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"