criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Focused Feedback: Hero Balance

1235Next

Replies

• Q) If you could buff any one light side hero, who would it be?

Buff Luke. Only reason to take him is nostalgia and cliffs.

Q) If you could buff any one dark side hero, who would it be?

Phasma, but she needs a redesign. Where did the idea for that stupid droid come from? Get rid of it. Replace with team buffing abilities like Finn. Also up her blaster damage.

Q) What other changes would you personally make to hero balance?

Redesign Anakin. Get rid of Retribution, it's dumb. Get rid of Heroic Might. Also dumb. "How do you do it, Ani?" "Well I just stand there while they shoot me in the face with blasters or cleave me several times with lightsabers and then I laugh it off and kill them." Dumb. Replace with more canon powers please. Give him a saber throw. Or a Force Push. Or both. These 360 no aim abilities are garbage.

Retribution is canon and possibly HM. He did it in clone wars.

You know what's also "canon"? ANY Jedi taking ONE SINGLE blaster bolt to the head....is dead.

You still want "canon" powers?

Oh be quiet, I was just explaining to him that those moves that they gave Anakin were a thing.
  • KZ_Toxic
    144 posts Member
    edited April 14
    (Q-1) Yoda - buff damage

(Q-2) Maul - give him a block (Obi makes him a sitting duck with mind trick)

(Q-3) Anakin - suspend retribution in HvV
  • Are you guys gonna get rid of one of Anakins 360° abilities yet? They are ruining most game modes can you please consider giving him a saber throw instead of heroic might and remove retribution ffs it is the worst ability design i have ever seen! That type of thing needs to stay in single player games.
    If not removal then make the radius to a frontal radius like vaders choke so that it requires some aiming????
  • Some changes to heroes on radar system. Mainly removing hero red dot from all vehicles radars
  • Hab solo Granate buggs again! The Sound delayed every time
  • Dooku's expose weakness should be an area debuff.
    Maul needs a Horizontal throw.
    Rey needs to see almost every nerf reversed, as does Vader.

Literally the entire cast could use quality of life buffs and alterations to useless star cards. The mega post on reddit had tons of great ideas too.

What? Blasphemy! Nothing good comes from the Reddit! Or at least you would think so based on this forum.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Dooku's expose weakness should be an area debuff.
    Maul needs a Horizontal throw.
    Rey needs to see almost every nerf reversed, as does Vader.

Literally the entire cast could use quality of life buffs and alterations to useless star cards. The mega post on reddit had tons of great ideas too.

What? Blasphemy! Nothing good comes from the Reddit! Or at least you would think so based on this forum.

They're just mad most of their suggestions get down voted outta view. Way bigger community and active users over there as well
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Q) If you could buff any one light side hero, who would it be?

I believe Finn needs the buff the most, but they all feel pretty balanced.

I would buff Bobba Fett just a little bit, it is nearly perfect right now

Peronally I feel it is quite spot on right now.
  • I know this post has been here for a little while. But hope to help.

Q) Lightside Hero. Luke Skywalker.

Q) Darkside Hero. Darth Maul.

Q) Hero balance changes.

Hero abilitys could have more of a effect and be balance of course. Things could be added to Hero abilitys make different use with them.
    63pjujouc7co.png
    "if You Only Knew The Power Of The Dark Side"~Darth Vader.
  • AbyssWatch3r
    4884 posts Member
    edited April 19
    Anakins Passionate Strike Cards could use some looking at too in light of the nerf, they'll be almost useless once the knockdown is removed off the strike.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

There’s been a lot of discussion lately surrounding hero balance so we thought we’d look to gather everyone’s thoughts, feedback and ideas in one place.

These types of threads have been incredibly useful in the past and as always we know you’ll deliver a ton of feedback.

Q) If you could buff any one light side hero, who would it be?

To save some time, we are looking at making some additional Anakin changes, those will be coming in the future.

Look forward to reading your thoughts!
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

There’s been a lot of discussion lately surrounding hero balance so we thought we’d look to gather everyone’s thoughts, feedback and ideas in one place.

These types of threads have been incredibly useful in the past and as always we know you’ll deliver a ton of feedback.

Q) If you could buff any one light side hero, who would it be?

To save some time, we are looking at making some additional Anakin changes, those will be coming in the future.

Look forward to reading your thoughts!

A) Obi as hes just awful overall, buff his speed of block, regenerate and raise and swing speeds. F tier rn. Still lvl 12 wont pick his joker ****.

A) Vader. Make him one shot troops for all and as an anakin center dps wise.

A) Nerf Anakins heroic might damage to 250 maximum damage and nerf his pull+ strike combo to 250 max. This makes it weaker vs enforcers and villains.
  • Make Phasma's droid shock less-often.
    Make Rey's mind trick blockable or reduce it's active time.
    Make Maul's saber throw horizontal or give it a homing effect so it can actually hit enemies.
    Make Obi-Wan's push charge faster and defensive rush more damaging (one shot all infantry).
    Make it impossible to interrupt Grievous's unrelenting advance and make it more damaging (one shot all infantry)
    Make Dooku's lightning angle card instead give his lightning more range.
    Make Leia's shield heal allies inside it.
    Give Finn any kind of buff.
    Make Vader more damage resistant when using choke.
    Give Boba more health and muuuuuuch slower jetpack recharge and slower 'for the hunt' refresh.
    Get rid of Anakin's retribution or nerf the hell out of it!
  • - Buff Finn-he's pretty much useless

- Buff Grievous-his abilities are all super weak

-Force pushes and chokes should break blocks

-Heroes' abilities should have slower recharges
  • ohhhhh wow I have been waiting for this for a LOOOONNNNNNGGGGGG time.

Bring back blocking on the ground. It doesn't make sense but with the amount of stuns and knock downs in this game it's a requirement. (speaking mostly about galactic assault)

vaders choke should not be able to catch heros mid-dodge. since day one it's been the only ability able to do that (until anakins WAY OP retribution came out)

hit detection/lock-on is whack. for a hit to register you should have to be looking at the enemy and remain aimed directly at them thru the motion of the swing (or something similar). I can't tell you how many times you go to dodge behind the enemy as they swing and it just auto locks onto you and does damage. vader is the worst he it's pointless to fight him as yoda because you try to flank him but the auto lock just gives him the damage. that is ignorant. I would say it's a bunch of words that mean "not smart" but they get blocked on this PG rated forum for a pg-13 game. the Spanish version of the word is estupido.

lightsaber blocking should only work for a narrow path STRAIGHT IN FRONT OF WHERE YOU ARE LOOKING. there is no reason heros should be able to block hits, blasters, and force abilities from the sides or BEHIND. it's ridiculous.

Bring back the infinite dodging for perfect timed B (O on playstation) presses. Have the two normal dodges then you can continue IF you master the timing, if you fail after the first two, it's a longer recharge to get them back. that sounds like a great risk/reward. combat is more about out maneuvering your opponent, especially in a game where balance is critical. if you want variety, and entertainment in a saber fight on this game, it needs to come from mobility...not being outnumbered, glitches, or spamming a trigger to swing. granted I'm only a United States Marine so what would I possibly know about combat? *shoulder shrug in sarcasm*

Stop appeasing the low skilled gamers. it goes without saying that the more rewarding a game is the more people will play it. let those who are talented shine, and the rest given a reason to improve. the longest lasting games are the most competitive ones, where the talented can work to improve and the effort shows in the skill level. those games remain the top watched in twitch, which in turn means the player base sticks around longer.

This shouldn't have to be said but fix the glitches. This games been out for 17 months and there hasn't been one single month where your coders DON'T break something on the update. it's pitiful to be honest. it's like your coders are just some college IT class you went to and said, "hey kids wanna do a project to get an A? code this game"

that's in general. I could make a whole other post about specific hero changes.....

• REXCRAFT88 wrote: »
    - Buff Finn-he's pretty much useless

- Buff Grievous-his abilities are all super weak

-Force pushes and chokes should break blocks

-Heroes' abilities should have slower recharges

force abilities already do break blocks...you just have to hit them directly after the ability hits. that means it takes at least two people because you can't swing or use another ability quickly enough after using your first ability. itj's basically a microscopic stagger when you get swung on or hit with an ability.
  • We don't need the ridiculous dodge back that was present in the early part of this games' life. Dodging should not be an automatic immunity, that's unfair to everyone and just broken.

Imo, all heroes need buffs except Anakin and Yoda. Yoda just needs his regular block and is Unleash (push) to be available to use in-air. Once he gets saber block he'll be just fine with those changes.
  • FIX DODGING OR SWING BY A LEDGE AND SHOOTING TEN FEET INTO THE AIR

individual heroes that need some work:

grievous needs his stamina nerf for his extra damage star card removed. Anakin has extra damage with no punishment for his stamina

vaders choke should never catch heroes mid dodge like no other ability has since day one other than anakins retribution. Vader could also use like two more swings before his stamina runs dry. still less than everybody else but not a crippling low amount like he has

speaking of, anakins retribution needs nerfed. I cannot fathom what was going thru Dice's mind when they released Anakin...." hey guys stuns are a problem in this game so we nerfed everybody's stun.....OH YEAH, Anakin has a 5 second stun that also does 350 damage" yall should fire the decision maker at dice and hire me instead, or literally any single other person on earth than the one yall got because wow he/she is something else. just make it a quick choke repulse that does 350 damage or whatever the value is. get rid of the stun it provides. don't nerf heroic might anymore...it literally only does what like 120 damage if nobody shoots him. His heroic might was never an issue it was the IQ of the player base for people to continue shooting him. his might is in an amazing spot right now, don't touch it. "You either get smart or you get strong" is what we always said in the Marine Corps. to be honest I want his strike to be a knock down but that's only because I also want blocking on the ground to come back because there are WAY too many stuns in this game. reduce his hero kill health regain to 100.

rey needs her health regain to be buffed to 100 for heroes. it's like 60 or something way low.

Yoda's push can't hit somebody three stairs above him (even if you aim directly up at him) that needs fixed it makes it utterly pointless against a boba or literally anybody more than 2 feet above (or below) his head

change dookus lightning star card increased angle to extra range instead. that goes along to my thoughts that you should actually have to aim at where you want your abilities used. reward those players who can aim accurately.

don't touch boba. you've changed him more than any other hero and where he is now is the best yall have proven to be able to do. any further tinkering and your track record shows you will ruin him.

fix mauls throw it still is nowhere near how good it was on launch. You remember that one update where you didn't touch maul at all but yet his throw became useless because the hit detection was ruined?... yeah it's still ruined.

you guys have the right idea for kylo in the damage values and way his abilities work but, yet again, you failed at coding him. his pull hardly actually pulls and his frenzy hits often do not register.

I kinda wish landos gun had slightly reduced spread.

Iden's secondary fire needs a major nerf to HEROES ONLY. have it one shot troopers that's cool but with her stun and tl-50 that is plenty to match up against heroes. often you get stunned by her she takes you down to less than 150 health and before you can start to run away after her strong stun she secondary fires you and you are dead. her sniper fire already damages thru blocks let iden mains use that for the finisher instead of a cheap OP plasma bomb.

luke needs a buff to saber damage.

chewie just needs removed he is worse after you reformed him for both HvV and especially GA. I don't even know where to begin just revert his gun to before but remove almost all explosive damage down to only 10 explosive damage per shot against HEROES ONLY. Keep the stun nerf

I've always thought of possibly giving blaster heroes a slightly faster recharge on rolls to make them more viable against saber users. instead dice you just want to completely change their whole nature which adversely affects both GA and HvV in an opposite manner usually.

stun lock is definitely still prevalent where you get swing on once and the game glitches you in spot. you can see your character twitching as you mash the dodge button but you don't move anywhere so you get hit with 4 swings for absolutely no reason other than the game being horrible in allowing that to happen.

• crssquared
    200 posts Member
    edited April 20
    The stun 'n gun **** needs to go. That's all I have to say. Give us a HvV mode without blasters / ranged. Damn sure stop giving them stuns that make saber wielders defenseless.
  • We don't need the ridiculous dodge back that was present in the early part of this games' life. Dodging should not be an automatic immunity, that's unfair to everyone and just broken.

Imo, all heroes need buffs except Anakin and Yoda. Yoda just needs his regular block and is Unleash (push) to be available to use in-air. Once he gets saber block he'll be just fine with those changes.

dodging should not be an immunity??? LMAOOOOO that is the definition of dodge! you "get out of the way" of whatever is coming at you
  • I'll say it again, make Leia's shield heal allies inside it.
  • Giver all the blaster Heroes + 50 regen, Han chewbacca, and Iden slightly more. Any Saber Hero that doesn't have access to a health buffer should either have one of they useless cards turned into a +100 regen card, or given a flat +50 regen.

Fix mauls saber throw. Make it horizontal.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • KresusFIN
    2494 posts Member
    crssquared wrote: »
    The stun 'n gun **** needs to go. That's all I have to say. Give us a HvV mode without blasters / ranged. Damn sure stop giving them stuns that make saber wielders defenseless.

You mean the shocks that every saber wielder can avoid, and then subsequently punish?

No. We're playing Battlefront, not Jedi Power Battles. If anything, it's the sabers that need to be toned down, and made to take a seat.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • 1. Buff Lando
    2. Buff Kylo Ren
    3. Maybe adding run stamina
  • Alright, if I was the hero designer, I would make the following changes:
    All heroes/villains should have the health on kill card removed/changed and added as a passive instead (and not bound to abilities... at least not in most cases)

Boba:
    The biggest problem with him is him running away as a target in HvV. If the target system is changed/removed, that shouldn't be much of an issue anymore.
    That being said, I think he is kinda bad right now. I would slightly increase his health, add more damage to rocket barrage and decrease the spread of his blaster. Add damage to the concussion rocket.

Bossk:
    His abilities are really good! What I hate is his standard blaster. I would increase the fire rate and decrease the damage so the DPS stays about the same. Keep his charged blaster like it is.

Chewie:
    As a Wookie he should be very tanky (increase his health to about 900-1000). Take his ability to shoot through lightsaber blocks away to make up for the buff. Fix his ground slam.

Vader:
    Add a big damage reduction to his choke animation (~60-90%)

Palpatine:
    Increase his lightning stamina. Even with the card, I'm constantly running out of it. I don't have that issue with any other character.

Han:
    He is pretty good! Fix his shoulder charge. Maybe add a bit of health, but just a little.

Iden:
    Seems good to me! Maybe make the zoom variable for the sniper rifle.

Kylo:
    Fix frenzy to work a little better. Otherwise he is fine.

Lando:
    Increase the thickness of the smoke cloud. Increase his blaster damage.

Leia:
    Buff her flash grenade. Make the shield more useful. Decrease the spread on her E-11.

Luke:
    Damage reduction during repulse please. Damage increase for repulse.

Maul:
    Please don't make the lightsaber throw horizontal! The vertical throw makes it unique from Vaders. Increase the hitbox or add a slight lock-on though. Add a damage reduction for the choke animation.

Rey:
    Seems fine to me.

Yoda:
    After getting the lightsaber block he should be good.

Fin:
    Due to my lack of playing him I won't make any suggestions. He does need buffs though.

Phasma:
    Increase the speed of her staff strikes (like the infiltrator droid). Increase her blasters damage. Maybe nerf the stun droid in exchange a little.

Grievous:
    He feels a little to weak against blasters to me (I'm playing on PC, so you will get hit more than on console due to aiming being easier with a mouse for everyone). Maybe increase his movement speed. Also, please fix unrelenting advance. You need to be able to move more freely while using it.

Obi-Wan:
    Buff his lightsaber swings. Maybe make him able to use mind trick while moving.

Dooku:
    Seems good! Increase lightning range a little or add a card for that. His lightning is almost as short-ranged as his lightsaber strikes anyway.

Anakin:
    The problem child. I would keep his pull the way it is (or just take the damage away). Add a damage cap to heroic might (so it doesn't oneshot infiltrators anymore - maybe 300). Nerf the rate of the damage build up of heroic might so you have to shoot at him longer for him to do more damage. No knockdown on passionate strike. Decrease the radius of retribution by a lot. Decrease the damage reduction for retribution so its still usable, but dangerous to use (its a total CC for everyone who has no block!). You could also make the CC not being triggered instantly, so you can raise your block if you pay attention to his animations or maybe roll away.
    Decrease his lightsaber strike damage (he shouldn't deal more damage than other heroes without cards since his abilities and lightsaber swings are so good already).

• you could increase the damage done by Chewbacca's bowcaster, but only at range
  • Please buff leia for GA
  • Ani can still go in 10 opponents and kill all at once, please take out retribution
  • @EA_Guillaume, please, give us a sign that theres a pulse and you're actually reading any of this, let alone the reddit feedback.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • You should be embarrassed at the state of heroes