criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Sequel Trilogy content

13Next

Replies

• SnakeMajin wrote: »
    I also think Episode 9 has the cards to redeem some stuff. It just doesn't start well with Kylo "f*cked-my-mask-but-now-I-am-the-boss-so-I-repair-it" Ren and "I'm-desert-hobo-then-jedi-then-hobo-back-again-with-a-samurai-pony-tail" Rey.

Just like Rogue One actually brought light and corrected a ANH easy plot hole with the Death Star weak point ?

Anyway, ST should have content. It is canon, it has visibiltiy these years and it has fans. Whether we are among them or not won't should not change that. I actually have fun with Rey, Kylo or ST maps except Jakku in the game !

True, but nothing will ever truly fix what The Last Jedi did.

People said the same thing about the prequels and the sequels were suppose to “fix” them. The sad thing is that because of how people formulate their issues with the prequels all the negativity becomes something that brings about unintended consequences. For instance, for all of the shortcomings in the prequels, it has arguably the best world building. People cried about “too much politics not enough character development” and thus we have the people in charge of the sequels avoiding the world building in the movies and putting it in the new eu.

Not only that but people tend to just make up things to justify their point of view. When they have a weak argument they resort to clever names and catch phrases and disguise them as talking points. “Rey is a mary sue” “tfa is anh 2.0” “leia poppins”. Now i am not saying that these particular issues have no substance behind them. I am saying that the substance becomes irrelevant because why should a person have to come up with relevant conversation when they have what the internet deems to be witty comebacks? It is no coincidence that the prequels have developed a meme following because the people who started that trend were just making fun of the movies as well as the fans.

It is also forgotten that although the original trilogy is beloved now at one point you were considered a big time nerd for liking star wars. This is probably how the elitist attitude developed because after the phantom menace star wars was mainstream and a lot of people who were made fun of before were now part of a larger culture they did not connect with.

Just food for thought
  • TLJ needs to die. Kill it if you have to.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Cane_danko wrote: »
    SnakeMajin wrote: »
    I also think Episode 9 has the cards to redeem some stuff. It just doesn't start well with Kylo "f*cked-my-mask-but-now-I-am-the-boss-so-I-repair-it" Ren and "I'm-desert-hobo-then-jedi-then-hobo-back-again-with-a-samurai-pony-tail" Rey.

Just like Rogue One actually brought light and corrected a ANH easy plot hole with the Death Star weak point ?

Anyway, ST should have content. It is canon, it has visibiltiy these years and it has fans. Whether we are among them or not won't should not change that. I actually have fun with Rey, Kylo or ST maps except Jakku in the game !

True, but nothing will ever truly fix what The Last Jedi did.

People said the same thing about the prequels and the sequels were suppose to “fix” them. The sad thing is that because of how people formulate their issues with the prequels all the negativity becomes something that brings about unintended consequences. For instance, for all of the shortcomings in the prequels, it has arguably the best world building. People cried about “too much politics not enough character development” and thus we have the people in charge of the sequels avoiding the world building in the movies and putting it in the new eu.

Not only that but people tend to just make up things to justify their point of view. When they have a weak argument they resort to clever names and catch phrases and disguise them as talking points. “Rey is a mary sue” “tfa is anh 2.0” “leia poppins”. Now i am not saying that these particular issues have no substance behind them. I am saying that the substance becomes irrelevant because why should a person have to come up with relevant conversation when they have what the internet deems to be witty comebacks? It is no coincidence that the prequels have developed a meme following because the people who started that trend were just making fun of the movies as well as the fans.

It is also forgotten that although the original trilogy is beloved now at one point you were considered a big time nerd for liking star wars. This is probably how the elitist attitude developed because after the phantom menace star wars was mainstream and a lot of people who were made fun of before were now part of a larger culture they did not connect with.

Just food for thought
    I said it before and I’ll say it again, no one hates Star Wars more than Star Wars “fans”

This ain’t it chief

Oh, i don’t think so.
  • Cane_danko wrote: »
    TLJ needs to die. Kill it if you have to.

Oh, i don’t think so.

You didn’t use a gif...
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png