criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Battlefront 3 - Which Features/Ideas/Modes/Maps Do You Want To See Removed/Added/Improved/Returned?

Prev1
Now that there are rumors of a Battlefront 3 in development, I'm curious what stuff do you, the community, all want to see?

Going based off the current design of Battlefront 2, if it were to translate over into Battlefront 3, what features/modes/maps/characters/classes or other ideas, and so on, would you like to see removed or added or improved or return from other star wars battlefront games. Examples: Like maybe Supremacy or Turning Point from 2015, or Space Battles (Assault) from Battlefront II Classic (2005) or Maps from Battlefront Classic 2004. Go wild, currently I'm doing my own thing of getting a list together wanting to see what the communities response is but I want to hear them out.

Personally, I hope it is like Battlefront 2 but with far more content and less progressive grinding star cards, or remove it entirely so players focus on the objective and have fun as the focus is no longer on trying to rank up cards for a class but play what you enjoy playing as. So if you enjoy playing as a jetpack trooper you can already be done and have fun and play and don't need to worry about rushing for BPs to get battle points to play a hero you don't like just to rank him up.

I have a lot more but the list I got that is both from me and others in the community feedback that I got it is likes getting to 30 pages long now. So tell me, what do you want to see if there is a Battlefront 3.

(Not sure if this is okay in general topic, since there is reference to Battlefront 2, or if this needs to go to off-topic section)

Replies

• Empire_TW
    5513 posts Member
    Relmets wrote: »
    take battlefield
    make it star wars

Oh God, do we really need you running around canals in a stormtrooper outfit leaving C4 everwhere and embarrassingly losing your tags to me via knife kills?
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Relmets
    1911 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    take battlefield
    make it star wars

Oh God, do we really need you running around canals in a stormtrooper outfit leaving C4 everwhere and embarrassingly losing your tags to me via knife kills?

50-5
    [+3748 posts]
  • Empire_TW
    5513 posts Member
    take battlefield
    make it star wars

50-5

I still got your tags
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Alwe15
    507 posts Member
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    Now that there are rumors of a Battlefront 3 in development, I'm curious what stuff do you, the community, all want to see?

Going based off the current design of Battlefront 2, if it were to translate over into Battlefront 3, what features/modes/maps/characters/classes or other ideas, and so on, would you like to see removed or added or improved or return from other star wars battlefront games. Examples: Like maybe Supremacy or Turning Point from 2015, or Space Battles (Assault) from Battlefront II Classic (2005) or Maps from Battlefront Classic 2004. Go wild, currently I'm doing my own thing of getting a list together wanting to see what the communities response is but I want to hear them out.

Personally, I hope it is like Battlefront 2 but with far more content and less progressive grinding star cards, or remove it entirely so players focus on the objective and have fun as the focus is no longer on trying to rank up cards for a class but play what you enjoy playing as. So if you enjoy playing as a jetpack trooper you can already be done and have fun and play and don't need to worry about rushing for BPs to get battle points to play a hero you don't like just to rank him up.

I have a lot more but the list I got that is both from me and others in the community feedback that I got it is likes getting to 30 pages long now. So tell me, what do you want to see if there is a Battlefront 3.

(Not sure if this is okay in general topic, since there is reference to Battlefront 2, or if this needs to go to off-topic section)

Now that the game has over 9M players recently, it continue support over it's live services.

What source did this number originate from? There are numerous comments across different topics about the secret player numbers that EA won't share.
  • Relmets
    1911 posts Member
    take battlefield
    make it star wars

50-5

I still got your tags

and you're lucky. I'm one of the few with the BIG BROTHER dog tag
    [+3748 posts]
  • Maliainu
    895 posts Member
    edited April 20
    Alwe15 wrote: »
    There are numerous comments across different topics about the secret player numbers that EA won't share.

I’ve seen these comments and I still do not understand why this is the new trending topic.

Asking as an honest question for discussion (not directed specifically at you because I quoted you). Is out of genuine curiosity? Is it to prove a point, mainly the one that’s a popular opinion on these forums that the game is garbage? Or is it some other reason?

I personally am not as interested in knowing this, mainly curious about why this is important to have been brought up.
  • Alwe15
    507 posts Member
    Maliainu wrote: »
    There are numerous comments across different topics about the secret player numbers that EA won't share.

I’ve seen these comments and I still do not understand why this is the new trending topic.

Asking as an honest question for discussion (not directed specifically at you because I quoted you). Is out of genuine curiosity? Is it to prove a point, mainly the one that’s a popular opinion on these forums that the game is garbage? Or is it some other reason?

I personally am not as interested in knowing this, mainly curious about why this is important to have been brought up.

It's not particularly important to me. I don't care how many people play whether that has increased, or decreased because at the moment I have no difficulties finding games on the modes that I enjoy. I might be more concerned about it, however, if I couldn't.

I have only responded because they quote a 9M player base and I am interested in their source, because countless others do mention in a negative light that EA withhold their player numbers.
  • Maliainu
    895 posts Member
    edited April 20
    because at the moment I have no difficulties finding games on the modes that I enjoy. I might be more concerned about it, however, if I couldn't.

This would make the most sense, but same here. I don’t have a lot trouble finding a game either, but maybe some do depending on the region they’re in?
    I have only responded because they quote a 9M player base and I am interested in their source.

Have to admit I’m interested too since it’s such a specific number.
    because countless others do mention in a negative light that EA withhold their player numbers.

Yeah, it’s weird to me all around. It would end if they just came out and said something about it, but at the same time I find it weird people want to know. It would be interesting to see what both sides have to say.
  • dengar
  • Make in depth Jedi/sith mechanics and Jedi Academy: Movie Battles II combat mechanics.
    Make Maul great again.
  • dengar

I actually do miss him from SWBF 2015 with his grenades lol
  • Sgt_Fergus wrote: »

If you don't have a valid source to indicate a Battlefront 3 is in development, please don't share or spread unnecessary rumors. There is no Battlefront 3 in development at this point, and one of the devs indicated they are into Battlefront 2 for the long run which means they will continue to support the game for as long as people play it. Now that the game has over 9M players recently, it continue support over it's live services.

If you did not listen to the Q1 EA Earnings Call, I suggest not to spread any rumors that may lead to dissent or spread the community just because of pure hatred for the game. I would like to see a source where the rumors are coming from?

First off do not be rude and make demands from a person that has less than 30 posts. @10:25

Second off, no going off topic please. you can go do a new post on the general discussion of off-topic category if you want to. But as you can see, you derailed the conversation. If you want to talk about 9 million thing, do a new post. I need people to stay on topic and give me their thoughts on here of what they would liek to see. Thank you.

There are no rumors though so he’s right lol
  • If Rogue One doesn't come to Battlefront II. Hopefully it would come to Battlefront III.
  • I would say just make a Star Wars Battlefield... the last two NOT trying to be a Battlefield have both been an underperforming identity crisis.

However, I dont agree with the speculation that SWBF3 will be coming out in 2020. Back in Late Spring 2018 the Rumor Mills were that the next Battlefield was going to be Bad Company 3. Then development shifted to a WW2 theme in Battlefield V.

None of this can be proven, but a couple of EA Gamechangers got slaps on the wrists, and one got temporarily suspended for digging into these reports. It lines up because Battlefield V was and still is unfinished. However, the WIRED Article about PS5 tech specs lines up directly with leak prior about PS5. That leak also indicated they were working on Battlefield: Bad Company 3 and a few other games for PS5.

I personally dont believe that EA the publisher would want to have DICE release a Battlefield and a Battlefront in the same calander year with a brand new console generation. I know this a Battlefront forum... but Bad Company sure did move A LOT of consoles back in the day. Franchise fans have been waiting for a 3rd chapter now for a decade. I think if there is another DICE Star Wars Shooter... it wont be out until 2021. World is Ready for another adventure with the boys from Bravo Company.
    • Conquest were you can select the spawn points in order to react quickly to enemy tactics.
    • Galactic Conquest (the classic way)
    • Space Fights (the classic way)
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Minus the CAPS I agree with @tankertoad... there is no validation for even base speculation on SWBF3.

DICE is still trying to finish Battlefield V and also working on what is assumed to be Battlefield BC3. There just aren't enough resources. Dont forget DICE suffered a huge "Brain Drain" of Devs/Engineers starting last fall. They either quit or head hunted by other development studios.

Most of this completely hypothetical development is coming from "Influencers/Content Creators" that are dependent on Star Wars Video Games.
    The next one is single player only and will run its internet course of a couple months. They drastically need another Star Wars Video Game preferably multiplayer focused.... there aren't even ripples of that being developed even on paper.
  • Relmets wrote: »
    take battlefield
    make it star wars

3rd person is a must IMO.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • @BoothStick

Caps were intentional so maybe people will read it. I am so tired of someone saying something on YouTube and that turning into speculation based on zero fact.

41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • hsf_
    1686 posts Member

Now that the game has over 9M players recently, it continue support over it's live services.

What source did this number originate from? There are numerous comments across different topics about the secret player numbers that EA won't share.

There are not 9 million players who play this game. There are 9 million players who bought this game. Judging by how frequently I see the same names in the European servers, I would say that Europe alone has only around 5,000 players on PC, which is a very generous estimate.

The claim is that "Battlefront 2's players base is at 2017 levels", which doesn't mean much at all, as we all know that BF2 was a disaster at launch.

If they make Battlefront 3, I will not be purchasing it unless it's under £15. This current game has been nothing short of a catastrophe in terms of development and it's an insult how much it cost.
  • @BucksawBoushh I completely agree with 3rd person. However, it should be 3rd Person ONLY. Games that offer the interchange between 1st and 3rd POV always end up si buggy. Picked 3rd Person, develop combat/gunplay for it, and design the maps with 3rd person combat in mind.

@tankertoad oh I got it... just not worth getting all *CAPS* on it... they're reading ... just not retaining. SWBF1 there were rumblings that SWBF2 was being worked on just before Death Star DLC came out. People that believe there is a SWBF3 being worked on right now NEED to believe it... regardless of facts. Just not worth getting all caps on it... they're going to believe what they need to.
  • hsf_ wrote: »

There are not 9 million players who play this game. There are 9 million players who bought this game. Judging by how frequently I see the same names in the European servers, I would say that Europe alone has only around 5,000 players on PC, which is a very generous estimate.

The claim is that "Battlefront 2's players base is at 2017 levels", which doesn't mean much at all, as we all know that BF2 was a disaster at launch.

If they make Battlefront 3, I will not be purchasing it unless it's under £15. This current game has been nothing short of a catastrophe in terms of development and it's an insult how much it cost.

I agree... I have 30-40 friends that played SWBF2 for maybe 4 days before they never played it again. Maybe half pre-ordered deluxe too. About a dozen went right back to SWBF1... or transitioned to other games like Overwatch, Fortnite, or Rainbow Six: Seige. The community and friends we played with would regularly get full 40 Player 20vs20 Supremacy or Turning Point in SWBF1. There were a large number that didnt even buy SWBF2. I think there are maybe 8 or 10 players now that even play SWBF2 from that extremely large SWBF1 group.

Just because you can find a lobby doesnt mean its a healthy playerbase. I can still find Civil War and Capture The Sister lobbies for Bioshock 2 Multiplayer. Even that had a horrid release and vastly unappreciated Multiplayer 10 years ago.
    Now that there are rumors of a Battlefront 3 in development...

What rumours? Was it some YT "star" claiming to have insider knowledge?
    If there are "rumours", it's most likely being spread by people who want there to be a BFIII and not because there is one in active development.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • Maliainu
    895 posts Member
    edited April 20
    First off do not be rude and make demands from a person that has less than 30 posts.

Demands? Asking a question is not a demand. Excuse me for saying this, but the rudeness is being delivered by you.
    But as you can see, you derailed the conversation. If you want to talk about 9 million thing, do a new post. I need people to stay on topic and give me their thoughts on here of what they would liek to see. Thank you.

The conversation is still going, so what’s the issue? This comment of yours is clearly bait for argument.
    Post edited by Maliainu on

If you don't have a valid source to indicate a Battlefront 3 is in development, please don't share or spread unnecessary rumors. There is no Battlefront 3 in development at this point, and one of the devs indicated they are into Battlefront 2 for the long run which means they will continue to support the game for as long as people play it. Now that the game has over 9M players recently, it continue support over it's live services.

If you did not listen to the Q1 EA Earnings Call, I suggest not to spread any rumors that may lead to dissent or spread the community just because of pure hatred for the game. I would like to see a source where the rumors are coming from?

First off do not be rude and make demands from a person that has less than 30 posts. @10:25

Second off, no going off topic please. you can go do a new post on the general discussion of off-topic category if you want to. But as you can see, you derailed the conversation. If you want to talk about 9 million thing, do a new post. I need people to stay on topic and give me their thoughts on here of what they would liek to see. Thank you.

There is nothing in @Edairman1985's post that was rude or disrespectful becasue every word he said is true. There is no substantiated evidence that a BFIII is in development and video by SYLO doesn't count because that guy's a clickbaiter and anything he says has to be taken with a massive heap of salt.
    Also, you're the one being rude and disrespectful by trying to disregard someone's post just because they have less posts than you.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
  • Dont wabt a BF3, they should just keep working on this one, support like Ubisoft for r6s
  • *want
  • A SWBF3 would be the worst move they could make and as such I could bet money it isn’t in development. Either way I wouldn’t buy it.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png

• @JackTHorn

Like your ideas. What's amazing is so many of them are so easily implemented.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • JackTHorn wrote: »

So tell me, what do you want to see if there is a Battlefront 3?

- Cross-era Heroes should be in Hero Modes only, all other modes should be accurate.
    100% agreed.
    JackTHorn wrote: »
    - Environmental skins (Snowtroopers, jungle camo, Hoth Luke, etc) should be free and automatic when playing on the appropriate map
    Yes, camo clones should only be on Kashyyyk. Also kind of reminds me of my early concept for hero skins; bein glocked to certain locations with a few customisation options for some maps - https://imgur.com/a/bk3Ha
    - Customization should START with male and female for all classes and reinforcements, all aliens for all R&R classes, 10 different human heads/voices per class, and three other skins per class -- for ALL FACTIONS
    Also 100% agreed.
    - Almost every map should be playable in all eras, exception being the Death Star and Starkiller Base.
    Don't agree with that. I think that locations should remain locked to the era in which they appeared as that what makes them iconic. Seeing clones on Hoth or Stormtroopers on Utapau just doesn't feel right. They can let people do that in private matched if they want but leave the public modes locked.
    My Concepts
  • All the Battlefront 2 stuff should carry over. But with the benefit of an even better and more evolved engine that allows for much more players and seamless ground to capital ship in orbit (or beyond?) play.

I assume you mean 9 million total players since launch? If not, you're loco. BF17 does not have 9 million active players. It would be the most popular game it it did.
    XBOX GT: Finest blah

- Cross-era Heroes should be in Hero Modes only, all other modes should be accurate.
    100% agreed.
    - Environmental skins (Snowtroopers, jungle camo, Hoth Luke, etc) should be free and automatic when playing on the appropriate map
    Yes, camo clones should only be on Kashyyyk. Also kind of reminds me of my early concept for hero skins; bein glocked to certain locations with a few customisation options for some maps - https://imgur.com/a/bk3Ha
    - Customization should START with male and female for all classes and reinforcements, all aliens for all R&R classes, 10 different human heads/voices per class, and three other skins per class -- for ALL FACTIONS
    Also 100% agreed.
    - Almost every map should be playable in all eras, exception being the Death Star and Starkiller Base.
    Don't agree with that. I think that locations should remain locked to the era in which they appeared as that what makes them iconic. Seeing clones on Hoth or Stormtroopers on Utapau just doesn't feel right. They can let people do that in private matched if they want but leave the public modes locked.

I'm leaning more toward JackTHorn with this one, although I think that multi-era maps should be determined on an individual basis. For instance, Naboo would make a good multi-era map due to its appearance in the campaign and the feasibility of a Galactic Civil War Era battle also being able to take place there. Sullust would definitely be good for a multi-era map if it were brought back, as it is prominent throughout Clone Wars Era and Galactic Civil War Era Star Wars media.(Books, games, shows, etc.)
    "One may be outnumbered, but that doesn't mean they're outmatched."
  • ZmanGames wrote: »

100% agreed.
    Also 100% agreed.

I'm leaning more toward JackTHorn with this one, although I think that multi-era maps should be determined on an individual basis. For instance, Naboo would make a good multi-era map due to its appearance in the campaign and the feasibility of a Galactic Civil War Era battle also being able to take place there. Sullust would definitely be good for a multi-era map if it were brought back, as it is prominent throughout Clone Wars Era and Galactic Civil War Era Star Wars media.(Books, games, shows, etc.)

Naboo was Palpatine's homeworld and during the reign of the Empire was one of the most heavily protected and fortified planets in the galaxy, so there's about a 0% chance the Rebels would ever have been able to step foot on that planet during this time. Yes, they had a battle there post-RotJ as seen in the campaign and they could base a battle off of that, but I'd much rather have a more era-accurate battle with Naboo Royal Guards instead of clones and leave it in just one era.
    With Sullust there was one space battle during the CW and one ground battle during the GCW, so if it were to be cross-era it would be a Starfighter and Galactic Assault map for the CW and GCW eras respectively.
    As for the rest, there really aren't planets in the canon where there were battles in different eras. Some planets are multi-era such as Tatooine, Kashyyyk and Jakku, but very few, if any, featured multi-era battles. Jakku, for example, may be synonymous with the ST as this is where it first appeared and this is the era its battle is based on, but the real battle on Jakku actually took place during the early days of the New Republic against the remnants of the Empire, so technically it should be set in the OT era like it was in BF2015.
    At the end of the day, we shouldn't see Imperials on Utapau, or Resistance on Bespin, or Clones on Takodana. When we currently have problems with cross-era heroes, rainbow Clone Troopers, phase mixing Clones, and cross-era weapons, we don't need era-unlocked planets to muddy things up further, even if we had a game where all these other issues didn't exist.
    My Concepts

100% agreed.
    Also 100% agreed.

Naboo was Palpatine's homeworld and during the reign of the Empire was one of the most heavily protected and fortified planets in the galaxy, so there's about a 0% chance the Rebels would ever have been able to step foot on that planet during this time. Yes, they had a battle there post-RotJ as seen in the campaign and they could base a battle off of that, but I'd much rather have a more era-accurate battle with Naboo Royal Guards instead of clones and leave it in just one era.
    With Sullust there was one space battle during the CW and one ground battle during the GCW, so if it were to be cross-era it would be a Starfighter and Galactic Assault map for the CW and GCW eras respectively.
    As for the rest, there really aren't planets in the canon where there were battles in different eras. Some planets are multi-era such as Tatooine, Kashyyyk and Jakku, but very few, if any, featured multi-era battles. Jakku, for example, may be synonymous with the ST as this is where it first appeared and this is the era its battle is based on, but the real battle on Jakku actually took place during the early days of the New Republic against the remnants of the Empire, so technically it should be set in the OT era like it was in BF2015.
    At the end of the day, we shouldn't see Imperials on Utapau, or Resistance on Bespin, or Clones on Takodana. When we currently have problems with cross-era heroes, rainbow Clone Troopers, phase mixing Clones, and cross-era weapons, we don't need era-unlocked planets to muddy things up further, even if we had a game where all these other issues didn't exist.

Many of the battles in this game aren't battles that actually happened, just battles that theoretically could happen. For instance, GA on Naboo is a second invasion of the planet over a decade after The Phantom Menace. As long as the battle is theoretically possible/feasible on that planet in both eras then the planet can be multi-era. Sullust is a planet where it is feasible for an invasion to happen during both the CW and GCW eras.
    "One may be outnumbered, but that doesn't mean they're outmatched."
  • The game has to ship with a fully playable large scale offline mode with good bots. Its 2 years later after Battlefront II shipped and we still only have a small TDM mode despite this game being advertised in that trailer with offline being a staple in the game.

There also needs to be a mode like Capital Supremacy on launch with all eras and multiple maps. It should be Infantry only. Have a fleshed out HvV mode so the heroes can not run rampant and ruin the large scale modes that should be about BATTLE against Trooper vs Trooper.
  • Maliainu wrote: »
    First off do not be rude and make demands from a person that has less than 30 posts.

Demands? Asking a question is not a demand. Excuse me for saying this, but the rudeness is being delivered by you.
    But as you can see, you derailed the conversation. If you want to talk about 9 million thing, do a new post. I need people to stay on topic and give me their thoughts on here of what they would liek to see. Thank you.

The conversation is still going, so what’s the issue? This comment of yours is clearly bait for argument.

Nope he demanded he needed proof to stay on topic, I knew that he was driving at with his comment. Your comment comes off as rude too. Now stay on topic. Your next response i dont want in regards to this. I just want to hear what you would like to see in swbf3, that's it. If you don't want anything, well you know what to do. I don't want bittering over whether or not there will be a swbf3, the conversation is about what you want to see if we get one.

There is nothing in @Edairman1985's post that was rude or disrespectful becasue every word he said is true. There is no substantiated evidence that a BFIII is in development and video by SYLO doesn't count because that guy's a clickbaiter and anything he says has to be taken with a massive heap of salt.
    Also, you're the one being rude and disrespectful by trying to disregard someone's post just because they have less posts than you.

"He isnt being rude, your being rude" look if you dont want to stay on topic, go start a new convo about why you think there wont be a swbf3. The topic is what you want to see if there is a swbf3, not whether or not rumors are true. I'm not being rude, it's being assertive. Rebel pilot assaulting desth star 1 "Stay on topic! Stay on topic!" Thank you 😊

First of all, I'm annoyed we're talking about Battlefront 3, because they still haven't FULLY finished 1 or 2 yet. But, that aside...

What I'd like to see is Battlefront 2, with the following core changes:
    - Less emphasis on Heroes, but still a strong hero component
    - There should be Trooper-oriented versions of modes in the Assault Modes category (1 Hero per side, 2 reinforcements per side), and Hero-oriented versions in the Hero Modes category (unlimited heroes and reinforcements)
    - Some skins should be locked to class level, or overall level, or both; the most elite and unusual skins should be max rank only
    - Clones should have a choice of two Legions per map, one being the default; clone customization should consist of armor marking variants, helmet variants, or kits like the Paratrooper or ARF Trooper
    - Every mode should have a minimum of 7 maps, and every map released should release in most modes
    - Every class should have 1 starter blaster and 3 unlockable blasters, all moddable, and with appropriate versions for every era, every update should add a new moddable blaster with era variants
    - DLC should include a map for almost all modes, a new blaster, a new card, a new campaign chapter for each era, some new poses and emotes, and a BUNCH of skins -- and the skins and Emotes and such should largely fund the DLCs
    - The level cap and rank cap should go up with every DLC
    - There should be skins for reinforcements, vehicles, and starfighters
    - Hutt contracts should be available for each new skin, new blaster, and new card
    - Single player should be robust, with most modes playable, lots of customization, also several co-op and private game options
    - Campaign mode should release with three chapters in each era, and each DLC should add a chapter for each era

ASSAULT MODES:
    - Galactic Assault
    - Capital Supremacy
    - Strike
    - Turning Point
    - Blast

HERO MODES:
    - Heroes vs Villains
    - Heroes vs Villains Classic (2015)
    - Hero Showdown
    - Hero Blast
    - Hero Strike
    - Heroes Unleashed (GA)
    - Hero Supremacy (CS)
    - Hero Starfighter Assault
    - Hero Starfighter Blast
    - Hero Hunt

OPERATIONS MODES:
    - Extraction (9 maps, all eras)
    - Starfighter Assault (1 hero per side, era accurate)
    - Starfighter Blast
    - Starfighter CTF
    - Hunt Mode (Ewoks, Wampas, Wookiees, Ugnaughts, Gungans, Tuskens, Felucians, Padawans)
    - Cargo / CTF
    - Jetpack Cargo / CTF (earns XP)
    - Droid Run

I really like your list. Ya i asked for an authentic mode or visual option and dice said they have no plans. Rey battling boba on clone wars kashyyyk with rainbow army is here to stay sadly

100% agreed.
    Also 100% agreed.

I like the input. Got to check out your concepts in your sig too
  • WodiQuix
    4498 posts Member

First of all, I'm annoyed we're talking about Battlefront 3, because they still haven't FULLY finished 1 or 2 yet. But, that aside...

What I'd like to see is Battlefront 2, with the following core changes:
    - Less emphasis on Heroes, but still a strong hero component
    - There should be Trooper-oriented versions of modes in the Assault Modes category (1 Hero per side, 2 reinforcements per side), and Hero-oriented versions in the Hero Modes category (unlimited heroes and reinforcements)
    - Some skins should be locked to class level, or overall level, or both; the most elite and unusual skins should be max rank only
    - Clones should have a choice of two Legions per map, one being the default; clone customization should consist of armor marking variants, helmet variants, or kits like the Paratrooper or ARF Trooper
    - Every mode should have a minimum of 7 maps, and every map released should release in most modes
    - Every class should have 1 starter blaster and 3 unlockable blasters, all moddable, and with appropriate versions for every era, every update should add a new moddable blaster with era variants
    - DLC should include a map for almost all modes, a new blaster, a new card, a new campaign chapter for each era, some new poses and emotes, and a BUNCH of skins -- and the skins and Emotes and such should largely fund the DLCs
    - The level cap and rank cap should go up with every DLC
    - There should be skins for reinforcements, vehicles, and starfighters
    - Hutt contracts should be available for each new skin, new blaster, and new card
    - Single player should be robust, with most modes playable, lots of customization, also several co-op and private game options
    - Campaign mode should release with three chapters in each era, and each DLC should add a chapter for each era

ASSAULT MODES:
    - Galactic Assault
    - Capital Supremacy
    - Strike
    - Turning Point
    - Blast

HERO MODES:
    - Heroes vs Villains
    - Heroes vs Villains Classic (2015)
    - Hero Showdown
    - Hero Blast
    - Hero Strike
    - Heroes Unleashed (GA)
    - Hero Supremacy (CS)
    - Hero Starfighter Assault
    - Hero Starfighter Blast
    - Hero Hunt

OPERATIONS MODES:
    - Extraction (9 maps, all eras)
    - Starfighter Assault (1 hero per side, era accurate)
    - Starfighter Blast
    - Starfighter CTF
    - Hunt Mode (Ewoks, Wampas, Wookiees, Ugnaughts, Gungans, Tuskens, Felucians, Padawans)
    - Cargo / CTF
    - Jetpack Cargo / CTF (earns XP)
    - Droid Run

Yes! Love all this.
    ZmanGames wrote: »

100% agreed.
    Also 100% agreed.

Many of the battles in this game aren't battles that actually happened, just battles that theoretically could happen. For instance, GA on Naboo is a second invasion of the planet over a decade after The Phantom Menace. As long as the battle is theoretically possible/feasible on that planet in both eras then the planet can be multi-era. Sullust is a planet where it is feasible for an invasion to happen during both the CW and GCW eras.

Ya that would be cool with sullust.
    Mystical wrote: »
    The game has to ship with a fully playable large scale offline mode with good bots. Its 2 years later after Battlefront II shipped and we still only have a small TDM mode despite this game being advertised in that trailer with offline being a staple in the game.

There also needs to be a mode like Capital Supremacy on launch with all eras and multiple maps. It should be Infantry only. Have a fleshed out HvV mode so the heroes can not run rampant and ruin the large scale modes that should be about BATTLE against Trooper vs Trooper.

First off i disnt know mystical gaming youtuber played swbf... nice. Second agreed to all except removing heroes from GA. If there only in 1 mode you might as well remove them entirely and make a hvv game. They got to mix around

"He isnt being rude, your being rude" look if you dont want to stay on topic, go start a new convo about why you think there wont be a swbf3. The topic is what you want to see if there is a swbf3, not whether or not rumors are true. I'm not being rude, it's being assertive. Rebel pilot assaulting desth star 1 "Stay on topic! Stay on topic!" Thank you 😊

Except that the very basis on which this thread was started is flawed. By stating there are "rumours" of a BFIII without providing any substantial evidence of these rumours, such as comments made by devs, verified EA employees, or EA company filings that may hint at future game, then I think people are perfectly within their right to question the legitimacy of the rumours you've based this thread on.
    Speculation/concept threads are fine if coming from a point of just wanting to discuss the possibility of a new game because it's something you want, but if you cite unsubstantiated rumours as the reason why you started the thread then people are going to question that. Therefore, because it is in the OP, it is in fact very on topic for someone to ask what these rumours are and where they come from.
    My Concepts
  • 1) Offline Content
    2) Oflline Content

And obviously...

3) Offline Content
  • For game modes, I’d like to see:

• Hunt, and more than just Ewoks. Geonosians, tusken raiders, Jedi,etc

• Extraction

• Galactic Assault - larger scale game mode that varies slightly by map

• Capital Supremacy - large game mod that stays the same map to map

• Blast

• Heroes Vs. Villains

• Hero Showdown

• Starfighter Assault

• Starfighter Blast

I think that’s all we need, those game modes updated eternally. Game modes like cargo or sabotage can be integrated via galactic assault
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • Alwe15
    507 posts Member
    Maliainu wrote: »

Your comment comes off as rude too.

Now stay on topic. Your next response i dont want in regards to this. I just want to hear what you would like to see in swbf3, that's it. If you don't want anything, well you know what to do.

Pot, meet Kettle.