criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Jay confirms Rogue One content isn't off the table.

Prev1
Great news for the OT to not give up hope on potential Rogue One content in the not too far away future.

Replies

• How it hasn’t been moved from the top of the table to development is beyond me. But even still, good news and I’m glad it’s been at least acknowledged.

At least the idea is still there and I hope it does materialize one day.
  • Scarif is already in the game...

What gives?
    Where's the offline content?
    ehwmyfbp0dvm.gif
  • Sweet, i can't wait.
  • I believe that Jay also confirmed that battle damaged Vader wasn't possible just for it to be contradicted by F8RGE like the next day or something.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Relmets wrote: »
    The eyecandy potential with Scarif is boundless

If they plan on making new maps: SCARIF

Also bring back the BACKGROUND EVENTS, imagine playing sunset Scarif, the sky is a beautiful stretch of orange and yellow on one horizon to purple and blue on the other, and the shield gate is destroyed mid match, lighting up the entire atmosphere with a bright blue-green aurora-like shimmer.

DICE por favor
    spuf6ofup13j.jpeg

Dam that was poetically well said!
    Totally agree, so many possibilities with Scarif, I think we are all hungry for new better maps.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    I believe that Jay also confirmed that battle damaged Vader wasn't possible just for it to be contradicted by F8RGE like the next day or something.

That's just annoying. Makes me wonder if they are just messing with us sometimes :/

Also bring back the BACKGROUND EVENTS, imagine playing sunset Scarif, the sky is a beautiful stretch of orange and yellow on one horizon to purple and blue on the other, and the shield gate is destroyed mid match, lighting up the entire atmosphere with a bright blue-green aurora-like shimmer.

DICE por favor
    spuf6ofup13j.jpeg

My emotions! Also, Lando would drink sugar free. What a stud.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Hesha
    388 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    I believe that Jay also confirmed that battle damaged Vader wasn't possible just for it to be contradicted by F8RGE like the next day or something.

THIS!!! One of my favorite things about BF2015 was the background events that would happen in the sky while the battle progressed. It was so badass!
  • lowell
    1009 posts Member

This skin? Even though they were able to do damaged Grievous from "Lair of Grievous".

big_1471506076_image.jpg
  • masontcarr wrote: »
    Sweet, i can't wait.

For what? He basically just confirmed that RO content is nowhere as far as development is concerned so you're waiting for nothing.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • lowell
    1009 posts Member
    Quick note: When something is described as "on/off the table", it means it is something that is possibly up for discussion/consideration. As such, to describe RO content as "not off the table" means that they haven't even done any development on it because it's up for consideration as possible future content. So this is actually bad news not good news because it means that they are absolutely nowhere with regards to developing maps, heroes, GA battle scenario, etc, and if they were to start now, who knows how long it would take them to get it done.
    So I wouldn't get too excited because Jay says it "isn't off the table" because that's actually a worse response than the usual "we'll see" type of response as it means that RO content is firmly at 0% on its development status for the foreseeable future.

Personally, it makes sense to do something Rogue One related when the Cassian & K-2SO show is released.
  • Relmets
    2222 posts Member
    Relmets wrote: »

DICE por favor
    spuf6ofup13j.jpeg

Dam that was poetically well said!
    Totally agree, so many possibilities with Scarif, I think we are all hungry for new better maps.

Agreed new maps and EYECANDY
    Relmets wrote: »

DICE por favor
    spuf6ofup13j.jpeg

My emotions! Also, Lando would drink sugar free. What a stud.

It's to preserve his good looks B)
    [+3748 posts]
  • Empire_TW
    6081 posts Member

That's just annoying. Makes me wonder if they are just messing with us sometimes :/

It came across as a bit of a joke
    lowell wrote: »

This skin? Even though they were able to do damaged Grievous from "Lair of Grievous".

big_1471506076_image.jpg

his comment was along the lines of "Vader needs his suit to be working, if we added a battle damaged skin we would also have to add a mechanic that drains his health because of it being damaged and not 100% working" or something like that.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • lol, so it was never in development to begin with.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Won't be new, will be ported over from the last game...
  • Probably won't be anything...do none of you guys know marketing tactics and loose phrasing?? They just want to silence all of the constant RO requests they've been inundated with for a year now.

"We haven't said NO" is what you tell your kid to calm them down and get their focus off of something. And like someone else said, theres a confirmation that no RO content is even ON the proverbial "table".

These devs really know how to manipulate this community. They said that line and immediately people start thinking its confirmed we're getting Scariff, Krennic and Jynn. Good grief guys, don't put so much trust into well known....very well known liars.
  • Great news for the OT to not give up hope on potential Rogue One content in the not too far away future.

Whilst this is 'news' and not 'bad' I am not going to get over excited just yet.
  • Probably won't be anything...do none of you guys know marketing tactics and loose phrasing?? They just want to silence all of the constant RO requests they've been inundated with for a year now.

"We haven't said NO" is what you tell your kid to calm them down and get their focus off of something. And like someone else said, theres a confirmation that no RO content is even ON the proverbial "table".

These devs really know how to manipulate this community. They said that line and immediately people start thinking its confirmed we're getting Scariff, Krennic and Jynn. Good grief guys, don't put so much trust into well known....very well known liars.

Exactly. This may be a harsh take, but anyone who reads this comment as a confirmation that RO content is coming is pretty stupid. He's saying it's a possibility but one that isn't in development on any level whatsoever and even if they started developing it now, given how long it took them to make Geonosis, we probably wouldn't see it until some time next year. Plus, if they focused all their efforts on RO content, we wouldn't get anything until then so there's really nothing "good" about this so-called "news".

True, with how they create content with their understaffed team taking 1 year plus+ to create a mode that only supports a single map, if we were to get rogue one, it would be 2021/2022 and we all know this game ain't getting that much support.
  • Ppfftt. Like anyone could take that guy seriously.
    #StarWars-y
  • Ppfftt. Like anyone could take that guy seriously.

Can't take your comment seriously as well...What a waste of time.
  • Cadoth
    1058 posts Member
    Give me some R1 stuff and I will have achieved all my goals in life

I thought Krennic and Jyn were confirmed?

Lmao, guess you won't be getting your OT fantasy after all. I'm just crushed.
    xnvLDB.gif

Lmao. But, you kept telling us Krennic and Jyn were confirmed? Disappointing.
  • Extraction on Jedha!

Yes
    hojevrxvarht.png

Don't make me laugh, I've said "they're all but" confirmed, or something along that context, clearly in reference to leaks. Reading comprehension helps there, and for the record, I'm pretty sure they're still coming. Having Death troopers without krennic would be weird in of itself, regardless of the source.

This whole hype of whats "confirmed" or not is just like the lunacy of denying that maul would be getting a block, when it's clearly inferred by even the devs themselves, asinine. The fact that an OT cheer leader like you is egging this on is just as ironic.
    xnvLDB.gif

Don't make me laugh, I've said "they're all but" confirmed, or something along that context, clearly in reference to leaks. Reading comprehension helps there, and for the record, I'm pretty sure they're still coming. Having Death troopers without krennic would be weird in of itself, regardless of the source.

This whole hype of whats "confirmed" or not is just like the lunacy of denying that maul would be getting a block, when it's clearly inferred by even the devs themselves, asinine. The fact that an OT cheer leader like you is egging this on is just as ironic.

Oh! You said “all BUT confirmed”. My apologies. I only just started reading recently. As you said, I have lots of trouble with comprehending even the simplest of posts.

OT cheerleader (one word)? Loud and proud!
  • Not quite. Content drops should contain content from the PT, OT and the ST. Large content drops with 1/3 dedicated to each era pretty much solves the “bUt Ma ErA” debate.
  • I also saw the post about how porting BF2015 content is nearly as hard as making new maps. If that’s true and we get RO, is it just be of would anyone else rather see Jedha or Eadu? We wouldn’t have scarif in the game but between both games we’d have several RO planets
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • Moojammin_10
    1951 posts Member
    edited April 22
    lol, so it was never in development to begin with.

No future hero's are confirmed. And we all need to be careful when listening to 'leaks'

Personally if DICE haven't officially confirmed it's not happening.
    gwaaaxe5659s.jpg

• Oh! You said “all BUT confirmed”. My apologies. I only just started reading recently. As you said, I have lots of trouble with comprehending even the simplest of posts.

OT cheerleader (one word)? Loud and proud!
    giphy.gif
    Agreed, RO material would be welcome.

Not until after CWs is finished. They shouldn't be zigzagging in-between seasons outside of skin drops, which should be monthly.

This dude is just an entitled clown...Do me a favor and stop typing in my feed.
  • rollind24
    5579 posts Member
    It’s a good way of placating people. Of course RO content is “on the table”. Why rule it out?
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Versatti
    2036 posts Member
    Seeing is believing.
    Not quite. Content drops should contain content from the PT, OT and the ST. Large content drops with 1/3 dedicated to each era pretty much solves the “bUt Ma ErA” debate.

yeah despite the fact that I have personal era preferences I want weapons regardless if they're from the clown wars or the gelato wars 2.0

honestly the era wars just seem like herolords masquerading as people advocating for a specific era when in reality they are advocating for more heroes, particularly sabers. Yes I see this more with CWgoons than others, sorry not sorry.

That's why I agree there shouldn't be any more lightsaber heroes in the game. Galactic Assault shouldn't even allow for 4 of them in one sitting. I hope heroes get locked to specific eras, 2 lightsaber heroes per phase (1 on each opposing team), which will allow for variety. Also the cancerous wookie warriors should he removed as lightside enforcers for other more balanced units.
  • Batman20
    1755 posts Member
    edited April 22
    Scarif would be a great map to have back and krennic and jyn would be cool as well. We have had so many clone wars heroes recently would be nice to have a break and get heroes from another era of star wars
  • How big is this table?