criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Forest of Endor

Preferred Sequel Trilogy Content

2Next

Replies

• Luke is awesome. And yes so is rose. You guys need to get off youtube. Also, it may be beneficial to give star wars a break for a while. When you come back to it just take a deep breath and repeat the following mantra “it’s just a movie. It’s just a movie. It’s just a movie”
  • RyanK388
    1846 posts Member
    Cane_danko wrote: »
    Luke is awesome. And yes so is rose. You guys need to get off youtube. Also, it may be beneficial to give star wars a break for a while. When you come back to it just take a deep breath and repeat the following mantra “it’s just a movie. It’s just a movie. It’s just a movie”

It’s not just a movie, it’s also a culture. And if you grew up in the 70s as a child you’d know what I’m talking about

When Star Wars came out it started a cultural phenomenon And changed how Hollywood looked at sci-fi films in general

IMHO this thread has spiraled slowly out of control from its original title which discussion was supposed to go about
    I blame the troll(s) using the negativity Rose Tico generates in the fandom to start “stuff”

However I don’t really know ST content this game could use, they’ve kinda killed off most of the stuff you could put in here
  • Alwe15
    1379 posts Member
    RyanK388 wrote: »
    Yeah, shame about Luke, if only he had let things play out and not interfered with his nephews touch with the Darkside.
    Because according to Ben Solo’s account, it was Luke’s attempted assassination on him that ultimately drove him into embracing the Darkside instead of being caught up in between the Light and Dark similar to how his Grandfather Anakin was.
    Anakin mostly stayed on the Light unless something traumatizing happened to him.

Every single time anyone has a vision about something Terrible and evil happening and they try to stop it from happening, it ends up being a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Every. Single. Time.

So and so will turn evil, they try to stop so and so from turning evil, so and so turns evil because of their attempts on their life or something similar.
    It’s a Trope I think 🤔

It’s like trying to execute an innocent man that hasn’t committed any crimes yet but because in his future hes evil, so by that logic it makes it a justifiable cause to kill him all based on a vision that he’ll become evil or a mass murderer in the far future.

...and so was born the Precrime Unit, Minority Report.
  • Alwe15
    1379 posts Member
    Luke is awesome. And yes so is rose. You guys need to get off youtube. Also, it may be beneficial to give star wars a break for a while. When you come back to it just take a deep breath and repeat the following mantra “it’s just a movie. It’s just a movie. It’s just a movie”

When Star Wars came out it started a cultural phenomenon And changed how Hollywood looked at sci-fi films in general

Moonraker - James Bond. Was brought forward in the series because of ANH.
  • RyanK388 wrote: »

It’s not just a movie, it’s also a culture. And if you grew up in the 70s as a child you’d know what I’m talking about

IMHO this thread has spiraled slowly out of control from its original title which discussion was supposed to go about
    I blame the troll(s) using the negativity Rose Tico generates in the fandom to start “stuff”

However I don’t really know ST content this game could use, they’ve kinda killed off most of the stuff you could put in here

True. I apologize for that. One thing i want to see is porgs. We don’t have to play as them. I just want to see them flying around, being roasted, and taking a lightsaber through the face. (I love those little flappy bois)
  • TheScape
    2252 posts Member
    lowell wrote: »
    TheScape wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »
    Heroes & Villains Pairs: Poe, Terex, Rose, Hux, Maz Kanata, DJ., Black Squadron, Malarus, 709th Legion (Red Fury), FN-2199, Kaz, Pyre, Torra, Vonreg

Ground Maps: Castilon, Ovanis, Spalex, Ikkrukk, Batuu

SA maps: The Subjugator, Batuu (Rise of the Resistance ride)

Reinforcements: Praetorian Guards, Riot Trooper

Vehicles: Fireball, First Order Tie Interceptor, T-85 X-Wing

Skins: TFA Han, TFA & TLJ Leia, TLJ Luke (Ahch-To and Crait)

This is all based on what we know now, once Galaxy's Edge opens (next month), Resistance Season 2 debuts (October), and more comprehensive details come from TROS (all leading up to Triple Force Friday), I'll add more.

I know people hate the choices I am going to add to your list, but Jakku (opening of TFA, since Tatooine has already 2 locations), D'Qar (resistance base) and Canto Bight could also be included as places. Oh and there is the Star Destroyer (Supremacy) where part of TLJ takes place, too. That this only from the movies, since you already covered the best option from resistance (the season finale battle would make a GREAT GA map) and some from other media, too. I also feel like Resistance season 2 will use new places now that they are on the move.
    I would also like to get Tierny as a villain if they ever run out of ideas. But I wouldn't consider the Fireball a "vehicle". It is a unique ship (like the other 5 ACE ships). I would rather have the First Order transport as an option (since they use it offensively on the show).

D'Qar only had a space battle but I want to take down the Fulminatrix. Canto Bight would work if the objective is to free the falthiers. Supremacy would make sense but the fighting happens in the landing bay and the throne room so 2 maps? The Subjugator is from Lego TFA where Poe rescues Admiral Ackbar so it would be a canon version of it. I need to see more of Tierny using a weapon, maybe Season 2 with that. Fireball did take down Vonreg's TIE interceptor so it does count as a starfighter.

I know D'Qar doesn't have a canon fight in the ground, but neither did Mos Eisley as far as I am aware. Or the Death Star II crash we fight on GA. If they could add battles to iconic locations for the OT I don't see how they can't have some kind of skirmish on other planets for the ST.
    I think that Tierny will be more relevant during the second season (she recruited one of the cast members after all) and she will probably become a kind of Thrawne character.
    I meant that the Fireball is a unique ship, like the other ones from the show and not a generic one (like an X-Wing). It could work as a hero ship, but I don't like the idea of having multiple ones on the same match.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • I'm not sure if there's enough in the movies to facilitate a lot of stuff outside of maps. Of course, there is the show that we can always pull inspiration from. Main movies don't give us that much to play with when they're released. So I say whatever has been in Resistance and The Mandalorian would be great additions for the ST era.
  • I'm not sure if there's enough in the movies to facilitate a lot of stuff outside of maps. Of course, there is the show that we can always pull inspiration from. Main movies don't give us that much to play with when they're released. So I say whatever has been in Resistance and The Mandalorian would be great additions for the ST era.

Not true. The supremacy hasn’t even been touched. Canto bight. Ahch to. And i forget the planet the resistance base is on. They could even do the cargo ship han and chewy use before they commandeer the falcon. Plenty of inspiration though again it is probably more efficient to wait until episode 9 to start focusing on sequel maps. Unless they just want to make a brand new one for CS though i don’t mind them modifying what they have.
  • Well I heard that there was a leak saying there will be no Ep IX season, but you never know...
  • TheScape
    2252 posts Member
    I'm not sure if there's enough in the movies to facilitate a lot of stuff outside of maps. Of course, there is the show that we can always pull inspiration from. Main movies don't give us that much to play with when they're released. So I say whatever has been in Resistance and The Mandalorian would be great additions for the ST era.

Not true. The supremacy hasn’t even been touched. Canto bight. Ahch to. And i forget the planet the resistance base is on. They could even do the cargo ship han and chewy use before they commandeer the falcon. Plenty of inspiration though again it is probably more efficient to wait until episode 9 to start focusing on sequel maps. Unless they just want to make a brand new one for CS though i don’t mind them modifying what they have.

The planet is D'Qar. Unless you mean the new planet coming to Disney parks which is also canon. In that case, the planet would be Batuu (Black Spire outpost is the location depicted on the parks).
    May your heart be your guiding key.