criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Vow of the light side

Munedawg
203 posts Member
edited April 22
Has anybody else found themselves not helping Anakins on their team because they think it unfair to the other team? I find that now, I just watch him if he's fighting 1 on 1 until the fight is over, unless it would hurt our team. This isn't hoping he loses, or an attempt to self-sabotage our team, but rather an attempt at sportsmanship for the other team given Ani's brokenness. It's in the true spirit of the light side of the force. If a second person joins against him, I engage, and I engage if our team depends on it. But if not, let's give the opponent some kind of chance when playing against a character that counts as 1.5 anyway.

So, has anyone else taken the vow of the light side?

Replies

• Geez people take this stuff to seriously. Also if you're talking HvV anakin has made the mode competitive & fair. With this playerbase who can't take a anakin in a 1v1

🤣
  • Geez people take this stuff to seriously. Also if you're talking HvV anakin has made the mode competitive & fair. With this playerbase who can't take a anakin in a 1v1

🤣

It has actually. If you take anakin out the lightside gets stomped
  • You know this is a game right? Stop taking it so serious. And get out of here with that good sportsmanship crap, if the other team ain’t tryna lose then they can step they game up otherwise I’m putting my foot on they neck

🤣

Perhaps... for you. Speak for yourself.

No any who plays HvV competitively knows this. If youre the lightside & got the score down 0-2 chances are the score was 10-0 when you switched. Take anakin out & I could carry a team with boba fett & there's nothing you or your teammates can do.
  • Apart from take you out?
    Geez people take this stuff to seriously. Also if you're talking HvV anakin has made the mode competitive & fair. With this playerbase who can't take a anakin in a 1v1

🤣

No any who plays HvV competitively knows this. If youre the lightside & got the score down 0-2 chances are the score was 10-0 when you switched. Take anakin out & I could carry a team with boba fett & there's nothing you or your teammates can do.

🤣

So what you’re saying is that when you were on the LS, pre-Anakin, you’d auto-lose to the DS against equally skilled opponents, if one of them ran Boba Fett?

🤣

So what you’re saying is that when you were on the LS, pre-Anakin, you’d auto-lose to the DS against equally skilled opponents, if one of them ran Boba Fett?

Not even just boba, the lightside just can't win against a good darkside team of vader, boba, iden & kylo without kylo without Anakin. I say this as someone who's done private matches & ran up against skilled groups in HvV. Why do you think people asked for HvV to be balanced for over a year? You couldn't wait to be darkside because it was a automatic when & is if you take him out. Anakin is acting as an equalizer atm because the lightside was at a disadvantage on maps like yavin, geonosis, kamino, & tatooine. Anyone will tell you boba fett was a top tier hero & a good one decided games. @Admiral_Xen sums it up quite nicely pim8iiycz8mt.png
  • Apart from take you out?
    Geez people take this stuff to seriously. Also if you're talking HvV anakin has made the mode competitive & fair. With this playerbase who can't take a anakin in a 1v1

🤣

Lmao
  • Yep, I've stayed true to the nature of the LS
  • Munedawg wrote: »
    Has anybody else found themselves not helping Anakins on their team because they think it unfair to the other team? I find that now, I just watch him if he's fighting 1 on 1 until the fight is over, unless it would hurt our team. This isn't hoping he loses, or an attempt to self-sabotage our team, but rather an attempt at sportsmanship for the other team given Ani's brokenness. It's in the true spirit of the light side of the force. If a second person joins against him, I engage, and I engage if our team depends on it. But if not, let's give the opponent some kind of chance when playing against a character that counts as 1.5 anyway.

So, has anyone else taken the vow of the light side?

If I see a hero, I execute with prejudice, all enemies must be destroyed.

maho7tkhlrt6.gif

🤣

Not even just boba, the lightside just can't win against a good darkside team of vader, boba, iden & kylo without kylo without Anakin. I say this as someone who's done private matches & ran up against skilled groups in HvV. Why do you think people asked for HvV to be balanced for over a year? You couldn't wait to be darkside because it was a automatic when & is if you take him out. Anakin is acting as an equalizer atm because the lightside was at a disadvantage on maps like yavin, geonosis, kamino, & tatooine. Anyone will tell you boba fett was a top tier hero & a good one decided games. @Admiral_Xen sums it up quite nicely pim8iiycz8mt.png

Kidding aside, I agree with both you and @Admiral_Xen on the imbalances of the sides. I’ve seen your gameplay and know what level of player you are. And I know this game as well as both of you. My point is, the necessity of having to choose one LS hero for every HvV match in order for it to be competitive and fair, is in fact neither fair nor competitive.

🤣

Kidding aside, I agree with both you and @Admiral_Xen on the imbalances of the sides. I’ve seen your gameplay and know what level of player you are. And I know this game as well as both of you. My point is, the necessity of having to choose one LS hero for every HvV match in order for it to be competitive and fair, is in fact neither fair nor competitive.

Oh yeah you right. Having to pick anakin just to avoid a stomp is pretty lame. All the heroes should be viable but unfortunately that's not the the case but I think when HvV is remade it'll be better
  • Remember the days when 4-blaster comps were not only viable, but encouraged?

I do. Those were better days.

Then came the clone wars sabers and everything gradually went more towards **** since then.

Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"