criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Battle Point Event Heroes Unleashed

Idens secondary fire needs to do less damage to heroes

Replies

• ID_8615
    781 posts Member
    No she hasn't actually & because I wanted to

Yeah.. so your selfish atop all that, rather than use a common community thread created by staff for this sort of conversation. A lot of characteristics common with a certain type of hole culminating from this thread you started.
  • KresusFIN
    2716 posts Member
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    ID_8615 wrote: »
    I would say a good number is 80, right in line with bossk 80 damage with his grenade launcher. Her secondary should not be doing more damage than every saber user base lightsaber strike without cards.

Let me guess, you got absolutely wrecked by Iden in HvV... .

ques66yj3lu3.jpg

No I own the lobby like I usually do. Try again. You don't have to get owned by a character to want a adjustment.

Actually imma entertain you
    e8ryxrurcvwx.png &

&

Like I said we got videos on each other I don't no what you tried to pull by posting that.

Oh wow. I remember the guy talking big from a few threads back, but I'd never seen him play or anything.

He's just another **** runner. Hahhah. Talk about sad.

Right lmao. This @Ahsoka_Tano guy some nerve 😂😂 if there's one thing anybody can say about MVP is that I'm not a runner or a respawner. & I don't have a toxic reputation in the community can't say that about others

Sorry bub but Michael is simply the most epic and skilled player ever

That doesn't seem correct. I thought @Raylol held this title.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • Nah she’s fine… great for melting Soft Lad

She is fine for the most part I just don't like how much her secondary does to heroes. Her secondary does more damage than every saber hero ability. Kylo does 10 damage without a card

More than every saber hero ability? That is just not accurate.

Obi-Wan Defensive Rush- 140 + 60 = 200
    Obi-Wan All-Out Push- 150-180
    Vader Saber Throw- 150 x 2 = 300
    Anakin Passionate Strike- 170
    Anakin Heroic Might- 130-450
    Grievous Thrust Surge- 160
    Kylo Ren Frenzy- 125 x 3 = 375
    Darth Maul Furious Throw- 150 (though admittedly the hitbox on it is atrocious)

Correction most hero abilities. Luke only does 110 with a card, kylo pull does 60 with a card, grevious claw rush does 130 on the initial hit & 150 for the last. Any way point is her secondary fire is not a ability so it shouldn't do just as much damage as certain hero abilities. Other than that & her droid card she's fine
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    I would say a good number is 80, right in line with bossk 80 damage with his grenade launcher. Her secondary should not be doing more damage than every saber user base lightsaber strike without cards.

ques66yj3lu3.jpg

No I own the lobby like I usually do. Try again. You don't have to get owned by a character to want a adjustment.

e8ryxrurcvwx.png &

&

Like I said we got videos on each other I don't no what you tried to pull by posting that.

Oh wow. I remember the guy talking big from a few threads back, but I'd never seen him play or anything.

Right lmao. This @Ahsoka_Tano guy some nerve 😂😂 if there's one thing anybody can say about MVP is that I'm not a runner or a respawner. & I don't have a toxic reputation in the community can't say that about others

No I've seen more skilled players. Now if you would've said vicious or @Legolas79391 then you'd be on to something now those guys are crazy skilled.
  • Her secondary should not be doing more damage than every saber user base lightsaber strike without cards.

Why not?

Quite simple. It's a no skill ability & iden players are to reliant on it heck her secondary fire is a crutch ability all together. I got 66 kills on hoth just spamming secondary fire. Her secondary fire does just as much damage as vaders saber throw heck almost every hero ability & doesn't even have a cooldown & can be spammed.

this is coming from an Anakin main. Ironic
  • ID_8615 wrote: »

Yeah.. so your selfish atop all that, rather than use a common community thread created by staff for this sort of conversation. A lot of characteristics common with a certain type of hole culminating from this thread you started.

What's wrong with you?
  • KresusFIN
    2716 posts Member

What's wrong with you?

"It's over Anakin! I have the *moral* High Ground!"
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"

She is fine for the most part I just don't like how much her secondary does to heroes. Her secondary does more damage than every saber hero ability. Kylo does 10 damage without a card

Correction most hero abilities. Luke only does 110 with a card, kylo pull does 60 with a card, grevious claw rush does 130 on the initial hit & 150 for the last. Any way point is her secondary fire is not a ability so it shouldn't do just as much damage as certain hero abilities. Other than that & her droid card she's fine

Considering one of her 3 abilities is basically useless (Pulse Cannon) and a 2nd has minimal usefulness (Droid Shield) I would say that I personally treat her secondary fire as if though it is one of her abilities. If they do nerf the damage on it, I would hope that they'd increase the rate of fire and reduce the heat build-up from the secondary fire to compensate.
  • Munedawg wrote: »
    Her secondary should not be doing more damage than every saber user base lightsaber strike without cards.

Why not?

Quite simple. It's a no skill ability & iden players are to reliant on it heck her secondary fire is a crutch ability all together. I got 66 kills on hoth just spamming secondary fire. Her secondary fire does just as much damage as vaders saber throw heck almost every hero ability & doesn't even have a cooldown & can be spammed.

this is coming from an Anakin main. Ironic

I'm also a vader, han, iden, boba, Kylo, luke & obi main as well.

ques66yj3lu3.jpg

e8ryxrurcvwx.png &

&

No I've seen more skilled players. Now if you would've said vicious or @Legolas79391 then you'd be on to something now those guys are crazy skilled.

I don't think I've ever played against anybody on this forum. I might have got randomly matched against some of you guys at some point, but I don't know if it happened.

I always hear Raylol is supposed to be really skilled.
  • il96
    570 posts Member
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    Her secondary should not be doing more damage than every saber user base lightsaber strike without cards.

Why not?

Are you... Serious, or trolling right now? :D

I honestly cannot tell.

fbb9jeqn60zx.png

But in the event you actually are serious, why is it a problem? Considering how seriously disadvantaged Blasters are by default right now (WTB Combat Roll from launch ty) , it's only right that atleast ONE blaster hero has a consistent way to deal with Hold-Down-L2.

Hahahah i love the screenshot. I have never come on the forums to vouch for a nerf or buff, I just workaround and try to find solutions, but Retribution is literally a "press Y to kill everyone on your radar" ability.
    PS4 ButtersEgo96

Considering one of her 3 abilities is basically useless (Pulse Cannon) and a 2nd has minimal usefulness (Droid Shield) I would say that I personally treat her secondary fire as if though it is one of her abilities. If they do nerf the damage on it, I would hope that they'd increase the rate of fire and reduce the heat build-up from the secondary fire to compensate.

I wouldn't say her pulse canon is useless @Empire_TW has a 10 minute montage of pulse canon kills & it shows how effective it is. Her droid shield also has 700 health her more health than all the blaster heroes & just as much as maul & yoda. Well now that RMT no longer affects her secondary I think it's say to say it's not a ability. I wouldn't mind a rate of fire increase tbh it fires to slow for my liking & I think even with cards fires what 4 shots

ques66yj3lu3.jpg

e8ryxrurcvwx.png &

&

I don't think I've ever played against anybody on this forum. I might have got randomly matched against some of you guys at some point, but I don't know if it happened.

I always hear Raylol is supposed to be really skilled.

Are you on ps4 if so add me & we can play some time. Also I don't think so I'm pretty sure everyone just says that to feed into it
  • Cane_danko wrote: »
    I think there needs to be a new forum rule that if you try to turn these threads into a meatsaber measuring contest we should each be able to take turns sticking detonite charges where the light don’t shine

Meatsaber. On one hand, lol. On the other, can we agree to never, ever use this word again?
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member

*hoping my comment doesn’t disappear again*

I doubt I have either. My name is different from the one I use here on the forums.
  • Maliainu wrote: »

*hoping my comment doesn’t disappear again*

I doubt I have either. My name is different from the one I use here on the forums.

You on ps4?
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    You on ps4?

Indeed
  • Maliainu wrote: »
    You on ps4?

Indeed

Add me gokublack8243
  • Don't you dare nerf my anti Anakin strategy. It's the only viable way to fight him ffs.
  • Its fine as it is
    Davdman SWG Kettemoor
    XSoiled DrawsX X1
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    Maliainu wrote: »
    You on ps4?

Indeed

Add me gokublack8243

Alright, I’ll do that when I got on.
  • I suppose if anything, she needs a buff overall, too easy to take out with say Luke/Rey etc. Not a fan of Iden personally tho, haven’t even tried to max her out.
    Nah she’s fine… great for melting Soft Lad

• I suppose if anything, she needs a buff overall, too easy to take out with say Luke/Rey etc. Not a fan of Iden personally tho, haven’t even tried to max her out.

What? You should try her easily the 3rd best hero killer behind anakin & kylo.
  • @Thechosen1_anakin Just wants this nerfed because it counters his precious OP hero.

My precious hero only has 1 counter & it's a secret lol.

ques66yj3lu3.jpg

e8ryxrurcvwx.png &

&

yhzgs0534q1u.gif

8dh69o72w6hm.jpg

Yes, make her shield invulnerable to sabers then Iden has her own panic button. Oh and make her stun unblock able because she can't block force powers. Seems fair, she would then have her own press to win button like Anakin :/
  • Bandicoot wrote: »
    I suppose if anything, she needs a buff overall, too easy to take out with say Luke/Rey etc. Not a fan of Iden personally tho, haven’t even tried to max her out.

Yes, make her shield invulnerable to sabers then Iden has her own panic button. Oh and make her stun unblock able because she can't block force powers. Seems fair, she would then have her own press to win button like Anakin :/

Her shield is invulnerable & is a panic button to blaster fire. Getting out gunned pop shield & wait for stun to come back. Also her stun is a press to win button in 1v1s & some 1v2s. 😒 what I'm saying is her secondary fire which isn't a ability should not be doing damage comparable to certain abilities.
    Bandicoot wrote: »
    I suppose if anything, she needs a buff overall, too easy to take out with say Luke/Rey etc. Not a fan of Iden personally tho, haven’t even tried to max her out.

Her shield is invulnerable & is a panic button to blaster fire. Getting out gunned pop shield & wait for stun to come back. Also her stun is a press to win button in 1v1s & some 1v2s. 😒 what I'm saying is her secondary fire which isn't a ability should not be doing damage comparable to certain abilities.

In that case nerf Anakins retribution, it's damage is not comparable to other abilities.
    I'd love to see the video of the Iden which hurt you so badly.

Actually it is. bossk mines do 380 & kylo does 450 with frenzy should frenzy be nerfed what about bossk mines. Oh better yet bobas rocket do 600 damage let's nerf them. Idk what's wrong with you but chillax bro.

This is the iden that hurt me.... Oh wait that's me 😂😂😂😂😂

In that case nerf Anakins retribution, it's damage is not comparable to other abilities.

Actually it is. bossk mines do 380 & kylo does 450 with frenzy should frenzy be nerfed what about bossk mines. Oh better yet bobas rocket do 600 damage let's nerf them. Idk what's wrong with you but chillax bro.

All those abilities can be easily avoided, not even comparable. Your proposing nerfing an already average hero that takes skill to use. I guess when your running around saying how Anakin is fine but complaining about a hero that's not even half as good as Anakin kind of grates.

All those abilities can be easily avoided, not even comparable. Your proposing nerfing an already average hero that takes skill to use. I guess when your running around saying how Anakin is fine but complaining about a hero that's not even half as good as Anakin kind of grates.

Average hero?? She's top tier don't you disrespect her like that by calling her average. & skill lol heroes like leia takes skill, Finn, han, obi-wan, luke, & phasma. Iden 6 second stun & 150 bomb is a cheese hero. One of the easiest heroes to do well with

This.

Not only did a "wreck-oning" happen (see what I did there?). He probably got spanked while playing as Anakin. Lol. Wish I could've been a fly on the wall for that round.

Average hero?? She's top tier don't you disrespect her like that by calling her average. & skill lol heroes like leia takes skill, Finn, han, obi-wan, luke, & phasma. Iden 6 second stun & 150 bomb is a cheese hero. One of the easiest heroes to do well with

In GA she's a glass cannon so yeah to play aggressive with her takes skill. Average compared to the new meta, top tier at the moment in the right hands, but not if nerfed as you proposed. You don't see noobs topping the scoreboard with iden, noobs topping the leader board with Anakin happens every other match.

This.

Not only did a "wreck-oning" happen (see what I did there?). He probably got spanked while playing as Anakin. Lol. Wish I could've been a fly on the wall for that round.

wblldu3tbo8o.jpg

Huh?????? It's hard to comprehend but just because a player wants a hero nerfed doesn't mean they got owned as you can see. I was iden & i outscored everyone in the lobby

In GA she's a glass cannon so yeah to play aggressive with her takes skill. Average compared to the new meta, top tier at the moment in the right hands, but not if nerfed as you proposed. You don't see noobs topping the scoreboard with iden, noobs topping the leader board with Anakin happens every other match.

Average compared to the new meta?? You mean anakin & no shes top tier still. She'll be top tier in many players hand once she's fixed & as long as she has a stun she'll be fine.

Average compared to the new meta?? You mean anakin & no shes top tier still. She'll be top tier in many players hand once she's fixed & as long as she has a stun she'll be fine.

I don't play much hvv, I know she's very good there, but GA, she's in a good spot where she is, it's crazy you would imply that a character such as iden needs "fixing" but Wanakin is "fine" 1v1 Iden loses to Wanakin every time unless Wanakin is a few sandwiches short of a picnic. Do you not enjoy some competition playing with your super op hero?

I don't play much hvv, I know she's very good there, but GA, she's in a good spot where she is, it's crazy you would imply that a character such as iden needs "fixing" but Wanakin is "fine" 1v1 Iden loses to Wanakin every time unless Wanakin is a few sandwiches short of a picnic. Do you not enjoy some competition playing with your super op hero?

Fix her card so that her droid comes back in 15 & she'll still be fine. Sounds like you needed a crutch. Also every blaster hero loses to a saber in a 1v1. No I do I mostly get it from kylo & vader though

Fix her card so that her droid comes back in 15 & she'll still be fine. Sounds like you needed a crutch. Also every blaster hero loses to a saber in a 1v1. No I do I mostly get it from kylo & vader though

It'll be a huge nerf in GA Imo. Purely because the way she gets health back.
    Blasters lose now because how they have adjusted the mechanics to reward saber spammers. They should reduce the tracking so rolling is viable again. Still Iden is barely a problem, Wanakin is the real broken one.
  • are you the same person who wanted to nerf phasma's droid?

LOL is all i can say

anakin calling anyone else's abilities "a crutch" makes me laugh like a rum drunk pirate

If by nerf you mean her droid should disappear when she dies then maybe. Otherwise no

LOL is all i can say

anakin calling anyone else's abilities "a crutch" makes me laugh like a rum drunk pirate

There are a lot of crutch abilities frfr stuns, bobas rocket, & retribution

LOL is all i can say

There are a lot of crutch abilities frfr stuns, bobas rocket, & retribution

I'd actually agree with removing stuns totally if blasters had a way to defend themselves, but with saber tracking the way it is. I mean look how hard lando got hit last nerf. Bobas rockets are actually hard to land vs sabers, sabers just gotta jump.
  • Anakin makes Iden look like a joke
  • ZephanUnbound
    2777 posts Member
    edited April 23
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Considering one of her 3 abilities is basically useless (Pulse Cannon) and a 2nd has minimal usefulness (Droid Shield) I would say that I personally treat her secondary fire as if though it is one of her abilities. If they do nerf the damage on it, I would hope that they'd increase the rate of fire and reduce the heat build-up from the secondary fire to compensate

Pulse cannon is far from useless and her shield in no way should be considered of "minimal use".

I've put probably 400 hours into HvV since launch now, and I honestly can't say that I remember ever having been killed by a pulse cannon from Iden. I've attempted to use it myself before and I can do better damage by throwing her secondary fire across the map (I have gotten quite good at using it at longer ranges).

As for her shield, it can get you out of sticky situations against some of the blaster heroes, but it is utterly useless against saber users and Chewbacca. I have topped the leaderboard in HvV with Iden probably 40+ times since release without using either ability the whole game (and I'm not an Iden main, I play all heroes/villains pretty much equally).

If you get more use out of them than I do, I'm happy for you, but for me, I treat her secondary fire as if though it is one of her abilities (and run her secondary fire star card as a result), so seeing it's damage nerfed would suck for me.
  • I've put probably 400 hours into HvV since launch now, and I honestly can't say that I remember ever having been killed by a pulse cannon from Iden. I've attempted to use it myself before and I can do better damage by throwing her secondary fire across the map (I have gotten quite good at using it at longer ranges).

Correct. Her pulse cannon is impossible to aim; specialists' NT-242's are far superior for the same task.

What's wrong with you?

What's wrong is I have someone who believes he is elite because he puts in more hours than anyone else and sports a sense of I know better than you. When you don't. I need you to check your ego at the web-gateway.

There are so many things that the Swedish Dev Team could be doing. A good chunk of us want them to focus on re-balancing GA for the average, rudimentary player... the base-4 trooper. Which comprises some 80-90% of a given GA game. At-best, in HvV, you're asking for the Dev team to augment or alter 1 of the 8 on the field. 12.5% of the playing crowd of HvV. In GA.. 1 out of 40, you're talking 2.5%.. an elite. You want that one of forty to get the attention of the Dev Team when I want the Dev Team to focus on the remaining 85% of the playing population.

In the past 1.5 years, maybe more, the only thing 85% of the playing population received was a bunch of chicken clan skins, an emote wheel, and a 60 Portions of Chum Salad from the Dev Team as they rolled out ever-more-powerful heroes and villains designed to just obliterate the majority on the field. Rather than get their (the Swedish Dev Team's) attention on this, instead, I get daily deluges of buff this or nerf that regarding the finer points of Hero & Villain play. Fantastic.

Now - go be unselfish for a week or two and be happy with what's out there. I hope Iden doesn't spank you any more in HvV.
    I've put probably 400 hours into HvV since launch now, and I honestly can't say that I remember ever having been killed by a pulse cannon from Iden. I've attempted to use it myself before and I can do better damage by throwing her secondary fire across the map (I have gotten quite good at using it at longer ranges).

Correct. Her pulse cannon is impossible to aim; specialists' NT-242's are far superior for the same task.

What's wrong with you?

What's wrong is I have someone who believes he is elite because he puts in more hours than anyone else and sports a sense of I know better than you. When you don't. I need you to check your ego at the web-gateway.

There are so many things that the Swedish Dev Team could be doing. A good chunk of us want them to focus on re-balancing GA for the average, rudimentary player... the base-4 trooper. Which comprises some 80-90% of a given GA game. At-best, in HvV, you're asking for the Dev team to augment or alter 1 of the 8 on the field. 12.5% of the playing crowd of HvV. In GA.. 1 out of 40, you're talking 2.5%.. an elite. You want that one of forty to get the attention of the Dev Team when I want the Dev Team to focus on the remaining 85% of the playing population.

In the past 1.5 years, maybe more, the only thing 85% of the playing population received was a bunch of chicken clan skins, an emote wheel, and a 60 Portions of Chum Salad from the Dev Team as they rolled out ever-more-powerful heroes and villains designed to just obliterate the majority on the field. Rather than get their (the Swedish Dev Team's) attention on this, instead, I get daily deluges of buff this or nerf that regarding the finer points of Hero & Villain play. Fantastic.

Now - go be unselfish for a week or two and be happy with what's out there. I hope Iden doesn't spank you any more in HvV.

Okayyyyy