criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

[Speculation] Is Battlefront 3 going to happen?

2Next

Replies

• I think 2020 is too soon. I do think they have plans for Battlefront 3, but I think it's 2-3 years away and will be a next console generation game. IMO they need it to be so they can do something seriously over the top. Battlefront 3 needs to bare minimum have:
    • Conquest as the feature game mode
    • Vehicles on the map instead of from battle points, including transport vehicles.
    • Higher player count, hopefully 64 players.
    • A legit Titan Mode from Battlefront 2142, not the phased approach of Capital Supremacy. Capital ship and ground battles need to be simultaneously taking place. Players can board capital ships flying their own transports, carrying troops, etc. Capital ships can have turrets firing at the ground, etc.
    • If they want to really turn it up, add the long rumored mode that combines space and ground battles. Players can get in an aircraft and fly from the ground into a space battle and back to the ground battle if they want.

Until then, I think they will be content to draw the life of this game out with content updates. There's still so much they can do, even in smaller drops.
  • I think so, though I don't think they will rush it out. I think they will wait until the first movie of the Game of Thrones producer's Star Wars trilogy has released, and base the game around content from that new era (rumored to be Old Republic based).

Then there's going to be a very, very, very, very, very long wait because Bob Iger said recently that they're going to be taking a break from Star Wars films for the forseeable future after Ep IX. Benioff, Weiss, and Johnson (yuck) are still working on Star Wars films, but they're likely not going to be released in the next 1-2 years or perhaps even 5 years based on Iger's comments.
    But EA won't wait that long because they have until 2023 to prove they're worthy of keeping the SW licence which means they need more Star Wars games out there and thus are likely to push for a BFIII for the next gen consoles.

Leakers say the first Benioff and Weiss movie will film later this year or next year, though Disney is going to save the release for 2021 or 2022 most likely. EA has the Star Wars license until 2023, so they have time to wait. Comments from Dennis Branvall suggest they plan to continue supporting Battlefront 2 with DLC in the meantime.

Kotaku's Jason Schreier reported that EA already has another Star Wars game lined up for next-gen console Holiday 2020 or sometime in 2021, a Star Wars game born from the ashes of the cancelled Visceral/Motive game, developed by EA Vancouver.

Unsubstantiated "leakers" vs Bob Iger the CEO of Disney? I think I'll take Bob's word on this one.

All Bob Iger said was that they were taking a break. A break could simply be a 1 year break, meaning no new movie in 2020. We could easily get the first Benioff and Weiss movie in 2021 or 2022. Kathleen Kennedy also hinted at a 1 or 2 year break tops in some Celebration interviews.

Iger also said that the pace of the previous films was "too much, too fast" and that they'd focus more on "quality not quantity" which could be seen as a sign as that they're going to give Benioff/Weiss and Johnson the time they need to write quality scripts and therefore the timeframe would be very open-ended. Any rumours that hint at filming this year for one of these projects would seem to be the opposite of a "slowdown".
    Now, if we're going by what the rumour mill says, both Benioff/Weiss and Johnson are said to still be in the conceptual phases of their projects, as in they're still mapping out their sagas in consultation with the Lucasfilm Story Group. This would suggest they haven't even started writing the scripts let alone the treatments for the films, so filming couldn't possibly be happening this year if there's no firm idea when either of them will be done.
    As for what's factual, Benioff & Weiss are in the middle of finishing up GoT so they don't exactly have a lot of time for Star Wars right now and will hopefully take a well deserved break before they dive into Star Wars. Rian Johnson is about to start work on a murder mystery with Daniel Craig that's set to be released in 2020 so his trilogy won't be filming this year or next year based on that.
    So, at the very earliest, a new Star Wars probably wouldn't be out until 2022 because Rian Johnson will be busy for the next year and if Benioff and Weiss do start going full steam ahead with their saga, it could take anywhere from 1 to 2 years to fully map out 3 films and write 3 scripts as well as coordinate all the lore with the Lucasfilm Story Group. So that's why I say we probably won't be seeing another Star Wars film in the next 1-2 years but it will most likely be longer than that.
    This is the full Bob Iger quote in case you're interested:
    "I made the timing decision, and as I look back, I think the mistake that I made — I take the blame — was a little too much, too fast. You can expect some slowdown, but that doesn’t mean we’re not gonna make films. J.J. [Abrams] is busy making [Episode] IX. We have creative entities, including [Game of Thrones creators David] Benioff and [D.B.] Weiss, who are developing sagas of their own, which we haven’t been specific about. And we are just at the point where we’re gonna start making decisions about what comes next after J.J.’s. But I think we’re gonna be a little bit more careful about volume and timing. And the buck stops here on that.”
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • there is no reason for a new title, just improve this title to add the things it needs, after all this time you want to spend more money on a new title for no reason, now that they've added all these characters and maps, god no
  • meshugene89
    3143 posts Member
    edited April 22
    TheMole wrote: »
    there is no reason for a new title, just improve this title to add the things it needs, after all this time you want to spend more money on a new title for no reason, now that they've added all these characters and maps, god no

There's always reasons to develop a sequel to a game and they usually have to do with developing a better engine that can do things the previous one couldn't. Also when you get new consoles, that too can allow for things that couldn't be done on the current gen consoles. If either or both of these things can allow DICE to develop a superior game to this, then they absolutely should because there's no sense in continuing to spend time and resources on something that could be made better in a new game.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
  • TheMole wrote: »
    there is no reason for a new title, just improve this title to add the things it needs, after all this time you want to spend more money on a new title for no reason, now that they've added all these characters and maps, god no

There's always reasons to develop a sequel to a game and they usually have to do with developing a better engine that can do things the previous one couldn't. Also when you get new consoles, that too can allow for things that couldn't be done on the current gen consoles. If either or both of these things can allow DICE to develop a superior game to this, then they absolutely should because there's no sense in continuing to spend time and resources on something that could be made better in a new game.

I would guess the likely hood of either of those scenarios being 0%. The graphics are already beautiful, and as much as I'd be ok with larger scale battles like 100v100, the amount of crying children would prevent that from happening. That leaves both scenarios you suggested as simply not happening, and the only reason it would happen is for a soulless cash grab, instead what they should do, is improve the amazing template they have here, by actually making a balanced game with content, it could be the greatest game of all time, just like BFV, literally everything is in place to make the game fantastic yet they put no effort into it.
  • Alex64
    5908 posts Member
    Just like the people who "leak" asuka

I would guess the likely hood of either of those scenarios being 0%. The graphics are already beautiful, and as much as I'd be ok with larger scale battles like 100v100, the amount of crying children would prevent that from happening. That leaves both scenarios you suggested as simply not happening, and the only reason it would happen is for a soulless cash grab, instead what they should do, is improve the amazing template they have here, by actually making a balanced game with content, it could be the greatest game of all time, just like BFV, literally everything is in place to make the game fantastic yet they put no effort into it.

To quote Master Yoda, "Much to learn, you still have."
    The likelihood of a new game is 100%. When that happens is what's really up for debate, but it will happen. We already know that Sony's first party developers have begun work on PS5 games and this is a signal to the entire industry that a new console is coming. Third-party devs and publishers like EA will also be informed of the next-gen consoles and be provided the specs of each so that they can then begin development of their own. As soon as this happens, if it hasn't already, EA will direct devs like DICE to shift production over to the next-gen thus meaning a new game will be in development and this one will be abandoned.
    Also, "the only reason it would happen is for a soulless cash grab"? You do realise that not only is that the modus operandi of EA but the gaming industry as a whole, right? These companies aren't altruistic entrepreneurs who only do what's best for their customers, they do what's best for lining their own pockets and if that means developing a new game for a new console, then they're damn well going to do it. Only a child would think this game has a long future with the impending release of the next-gen consoles on the horizon.
    This game also has a roadmap that only goes as far as June, and what happens in June? Oh, you know, just a little known convention called "E3" where there could be an announcement of a new PlayStation and/or Xbox console and maybe even a new Battlefront game for these consoles. There also might not be, but is an interesting coincidence.
    My Concepts
  • Maliainu
    1023 posts Member
    The only way I would accept the development of BF3 is if a far superior gaming studio is in charge. No way would I think about buying it if EA is given the reigns again.

The likelihood of a new game is 100%. When that happens is what's really up for debate, but it will happen. We already know that Sony's first party developers have begun work on PS5 games and this is a signal to the entire industry that a new console is coming. Third-party devs and publishers like EA will also be informed of the next-gen consoles and be provided the specs of each so that they can then begin development of their own. As soon as this happens, if it hasn't already, EA will direct devs like DICE to shift production over to the next-gen thus meaning a new game will be in development and this one will be abandoned.
    Also, "the only reason it would happen is for a soulless cash grab"? You do realise that not only is that the modus operandi of EA but the gaming industry as a whole, right? These companies aren't altruistic entrepreneurs who only do what's best for their customers, they do what's best for lining their own pockets and if that means developing a new game for a new console, then they're damn well going to do it. Only a child would think this game has a long future with the impending release of the next-gen consoles on the horizon.
    This game also has a roadmap that only goes as far as June, and what happens in June? Oh, you know, just a little known convention called "E3" where there could be an announcement of a new PlayStation and/or Xbox console and maybe even a new Battlefront game for these consoles. There also might not be, but is an interesting coincidence.

You missed the point, probably on purpose, we as gamers gain nothing new by getting a new battlefront, ideally they would improve the game we already have instead of making a new one.
  • Our focus is on Battlefront II.

Will there be more extraction maps in bf2

You missed the point, probably on purpose, we as gamers gain nothing new by getting a new battlefront, ideally they would improve the game we already have instead of making a new one.

"Truly wonderful the mind of a child is."
    I think a new game with new features, gameplay mechanics, maps, heroes, and all the other bells and whistles would be considered a "gain" to many. Besides, a company that doesn't try to maximise its profits is a pretty poor company and EA is certainly not going to keep BFII around if they think that a BFIII is a better means of making money. Simple as that; profits first, gamers second.
    My Concepts

Well, obviously, but I think it's fair to say that a BFIII is as predictable as the sunrise, even if you're not at liberty to discuss it yet.
    My Concepts

Well, obviously, but I think it's fair to say that a BFIII is as predictable as the sunrise, even if you're not at liberty to discuss it yet.

No, it's not. The chances of battlefront 3 are very slim to none.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • tankertoad wrote: »
    Our focus is on Battlefront II.

The impending next-gen consoles + the fact that this is EA we're talking about = high probability of BFIII.
    My Concepts

The impending next-gen consoles + the fact that this is EA we're talking about = high probability of BFIII.

there's absolutely no math there. You're just making up stuff. That is not one plus one equals two that is fabricated something combined with something else equal in a conclusion you want to have.

the real facts are Disney is not happy at all with electronic arts. And electronic arts tanked this titke. it is looking like dice may be reorganized or maybe even dissolved. Battlefield 3 is not even a word on a chalkboard anywhere.

they're not going to get a third shot to ruin it even more. The reputation is terrible. The title is tarnished. It's not happening.

Next gen consoles don't have anything to do with anything. PlayStation generally doesn't have solid 3rd party titles for a good year after release..

and as far as this is electronic arts. Exactly that's why they're not going to get a chance to do it again.

These are impossible improbable logic leaps based on absolutely no real evidence. they're not going to start battlefield 3 in 2- 3 years on the doorstep of their contract ending.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif

Yeah, Battlefront (2015) and Battlefront 2 (2017) are the #1 and #2 bestselling Star Wars games of all-time. EA has less than 5 years before their Star Wars license expires, and they're going to want to release a decent number of games these last several years so that Disney won't overlook them when it comes time for Disney to license out the IP again. Battlefront 3 is a matter of when, not if I'd say.
  • Psy3d
    500 posts Member
    There will be no next battlefront game...from DICE. I rather see them focus on the engine and the next Battlefield game with modern-day weapons than ww1/2 setting.
    tankertoad wrote: »

there's absolutely no math there. You're just making up stuff. That is not one plus one equals two that is fabricated something combined with something else equal in a conclusion you want to have.

the real facts are Disney is not happy at all with electronic arts. And electronic arts tanked this titke. it is looking like dice may be reorganized or maybe even dissolved. Battlefront 3 is not even a word on a chalkboard anywhere.

Accuses me of making stuff up to suit my own ends then proceeds to make stuff for their own ends.
    Show me any legitimate source that says DICE is in this kind trouble that isn't some clickbait YouTuber like YongYea or Quinn Knight then maybe I'll believe you.
    they're not going to get a third shot to ruin it even more. The reputation is terrible. The title is tarnished. It's not happening.

EA on the whole has a tarnished reputation and has done for years yet they're still here. I also seem to recall people saying of a possible BFII before it was announced that it "wasn't going to happen" and that DICE was "tarnished" by BF2015 and that they "shouldn't be allowed to make another game". But guess what? They did, and now we have people saying the same thing of a possible BFIII.
    It's funny how short some people's memory spans are.
    Next gen consoles don't have anything to do with anything. PlayStation generally doesn't have solid 3rd party titles for a good year after release.

and as far as this is electronic arts. Exactly that's why they're not going to get a chance to do it again.

The next-gen consoles have everything to do with everything. Aside from the potential of these consoles to allow for gameplay that simply isn't achievable with the current gen, EA are very likely to recognise the great marketability of a next-gen Battlefront. Remember when people said they'd never buy a BFII, but then they announced it would have all 3 eras and a camapign and suddenly everyone wanted it? Well it would be exactly the same thing if they announced a next-gen BFIII with ground-to-aerial combat, ship-to-ship boarding and a proper conquest mode.
    Star Wars sells, it's a simple fact of life, and even a BFIII would sell millions and make EA a ton of money, so why would they not do it? They undoubtedly want to hold onto this licence as long as possible and maybe get an extension, and if they think one of the ways to do it is to release a new Battlefront game that addresses the fixes of the past, then they'll do it.
    These are impossible improbable logic leaps based on absolutely no real evidence. they're not going to start Battlefront 3 in 2- 3 years on the doorstep of their contract ending.

If the rumours of PS5 being released next year are true then EA could have a BFIII out by as early as 2021 which is plenty of time before the contract comes up for possible renewal to salvage the reputation of the franchise by releasing a solid game that is received positively by critics and gamers alike. This in itself is plenty reason for EA to greenlight a BFIII if they see it as their last ditch effort to keep the Star Wars licence by making a success of BFIII as this then becomes a good negotiation tactic to cite as the reason why they should keep the licence.
    My Concepts

Yeah, Battlefront (2015) and Battlefront 2 (2017) are the #1 and #2 bestselling Star Wars games of all-time. EA has less than 5 years before their Star Wars license expires, and they're going to want to release a decent number of games these last several years so that Disney won't overlook them when it comes time for Disney to license out the IP again. Battlefront 3 is a matter of when, not if I'd say.

Finally, someone else with a logical mind.
    My Concepts
  • Smattonellus
    512 posts Member
    edited April 23

the real facts are Disney is not happy at all with electronic arts. And electronic arts tanked this titke. it is looking like dice may be reorganized or maybe even dissolved. Battlefront 3 is not even a word on a chalkboard anywhere.

Accuses me of making stuff up to suit my own ends then proceeds to make stuff for their own ends.
    Show me any legitimate source that says DICE is in this kind trouble that isn't some clickbait YouTuber like YongYea or Quinn Knight then maybe I'll believe you.

EA on the whole has a tarnished reputation and has done for years yet they're still here. I also seem to recall people saying of a possible BFII before it was announced that it "wasn't going to happen" and that DICE was "tarnished" by BF2015 and that they "shouldn't be allowed to make another game". But guess what? They did, and now we have people saying the same thing of a possible BFIII.
    Next gen consoles don't have anything to do with anything. PlayStation generally doesn't have solid 3rd party titles for a good year after release.

The next-gen consoles have everything to do with everything. Aside from the potential of these consoles to allow for gameplay that simply isn't achievable with the current gen, EA are very likely to recognise the great marketability of a next-gen Battlefront. Remember when people said they'd never buy a BFII, but then they announced it would have all 3 eras and a camapign and suddenly everyone wanted it? Well it would be exactly the same thing if they announced a next-gen BFIII with ground-to-aerial combat, ship-to-ship boarding and a proper conquest mode.
    Star Wars sells, it's a simple fact of life, and even a BFIII would sell millions and make EA a ton of money, so why would they not do it? They undoubtedly want to hold onto this licence as long as possible and maybe get an extension, and if they think one of the ways to do it is to release a new Battlefront game that addresses the fixes of the past, then they'll do it.
    These are impossible improbable logic leaps based on absolutely no real evidence. they're not going to start Battlefront 3 in 2- 3 years on the doorstep of their contract ending.

If the rumours of PS5 being released next year are true then EA could have a BFIII out by as early as 2021 which is plenty of time before the contract comes up for possible renewal to salvage the reputation of the franchise by releasing a solid game that is received positively by critics and gamers alike. This in itself is plenty reason for EA to greenlight a BFIII if they see it as their last ditch effort to keep the Star Wars licence by making a success of BFIII as this then becomes a good negotiation tactic to cite as the reason why they should keep the licence.

Agree with everything you said.
    I'd add in there that BFII isn't earning them any more cash, whereas a new game would at least return the buying price, and let's be honest, millions would still buy it. I say at least because they'd likely throw in there some paid stuff.

A point of concern though. New consoles mean updated engine, so all the troubles of porting old content stay, it would need to be remastered, so not evend BFIII will have all the previous content, and that for me is a big nope.

(Ofc their focus is on BFII now, saying otherwise would result in some kind of backlash.)

DICE has yet to give any sales numbers or player counts on SWBF2 other than they fell 1 million short of initial projections. SWBF1 I believe the estimates were around 15 Million Players. You have no data to say they are the #1 & #2 of all time for Star Wars game. I know the most "Profitable" Star Wars Games of all time is KOTOR Series by a land slide
    oeeaugjvd2qi.jpg

I've said this in previous posts... I believe that DICE will make another Star Wars shooter probably released in 2021... but I dont think it will be called "Battlefront"... I think the brand "Battlefront" has had unrepairable damage to it. Also I believe that EA will get the Star Wars gaming liscence back in 2023

Agree with everything you said.
    I'd add in there that BFII isn't earning them any more cash, whereas a new game would at least return the buying price, and let's be honest, millions would still buy it. I say at least because they'd likely throw in there some paid stuff.

A point of concern though. New consoles mean updated engine, so all the troubles of porting old content stay, it would need to be remastered, so not evend BFIII will have all the previous content, and that for me is a big nope.

(Ofc their focus is on BFII now, saying otherwise would result in some kind of backlash.)

Which is why getting started on a new game as soon as possible would be far more beneficial than continuing with this game. If third-parties like EA have been informed of the specs of the new consoles already or when then they are informed, this should be filtered down to their dev studios ASAP so they can get started on developing engines and the like for these consoles. It also gives studios like DICE plenty of time to get existing content for games like Battlefront on to the new engine but could also give them the opportunity to create all new content. If a new console and new engine lets them make better character models and maps then they'd be better off starting from scratch.
    So that's why I'd say that if DICE know now what the new console specs are or they get informed of them later in the year, then they need to get right on it in order to give themselves the most amount of time to make a solid BFIII.
    My Concepts
  • bfloo
    14546 posts Member

That assumes Andrew Wilson wants to renew it. He didn't make the deal, he inherited it.

Word is he wants to focus on EA's ip's that they own.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

36 posts Member
    Yes, eventually. My prevailing theory is that they will try to get it for or around the launch of the next gen consoles as being one of the first shooters for these consoles would be an advantageous move as launch titles typically do very well sales-wise because of the limited number of games available at this time.

They are probably going to release those single player Star Wars titles with the new consoles in 2020. Battlefront 3 in 2021 in my opinion at best but the time really doesn't matter. EA will give DICE 8 months to make one anyway.

When will Content in form of new Weapons and Maps appear? Oh and what about a big scale mode without Hero spam?

• anidriX
    536 posts Member

Not to sound negative but is that a fact?

Because just by looking at the lack of content in the latest roadmap makes me think the small support this game has is starting to get pulled.
  • Doubt it at least not for a while. Battlefront 2 is going to be supported until DEC 2019. After that it doesn't seem feasible they would/could develop a whole other battlefront before their license expires. If Disney is smart after the deal is up they wont exclusively leave the license with one publisher.

hj1u8g2ocknz.gif
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13

All 3 of you?

Just as funny as when I read it yesterday. Not so funny when you realize it is accurate though. Hard to believe a valued property such as SW gets such shoddy treatment. At least reddit is happy.
    As far as EA/DICE SWBF III, when can I preorder?
    #StarWars-y
  • BoothStick wrote: »

DICE has yet to give any sales numbers or player counts on SWBF2 other than they fell 1 million short of initial projections. SWBF1 I believe the estimates were around 15 Million Players. You have no data to say they are the #1 & #2 of all time for Star Wars game. I know the most "Profitable" Star Wars Games of all time is KOTOR Series by a land slide
    oeeaugjvd2qi.jpg

I've said this in previous posts... I believe that DICE will make another Star Wars shooter probably released in 2021... but I dont think it will be called "Battlefront"... I think the brand "Battlefront" has had unrepairable damage to it. Also I believe that EA will get the Star Wars gaming liscence back in 2023

Actually, I do have data to back up them being the #1 and #2 bestselling StarWars games of all-time. We don't have sales data for every Star Wars game ever released, but here is the data for all the games I could find:
    1. Battlefront (2015)- 14m copies in the first 6 months
    2. Battlefront 2 (2017)- 9m copies in the first month and a half
    3. The Force Unleashed- 6m copies in the first 10 months
    4. Battlefront 2 (2005)- 6m copies in the first 2 years
    5. Battlefront (2004)- 4m copies in the first 3 years
    6. KOTOR- 3.2m copies in the first 4 years
    7. Episode 1: Racer- 3.1m in the first 12 years according to the Guinness Book of World Records Gaming Edition (it was the bestselling sci-fi racing game of all time as of 2011)
    8. KOTOR 2- 1.5m copies in the first 14 months
    9. Rebel Assault- 1.5m copies in the first 7 years
    10. Rogue Squadron- Over 1m copies in the first 3 years
    11. Galaxies- 1m copies in the first 2 years
    12. Rogue Squadron 2- 873k copies in the US dring Gamecube's lifetime, 100k+ in the UK in the first 8 years
    13. Dark Forces- 952k copies in the first 6 years
  • The only thing that might stop development on BF3 is if the Fallen Order game hugely exceeds expectations and shifts EA's focus.

There will be BF3, released before EA's license expires in 2023. BF2015 made a massive amount of money. There will be tonnes of new Star Wars content to include (Mandalorian, Cassian Andor , new trilogy + classic)

It will coincide with next gen consoles (PS5) - but perhaps consoles ONLY as Apple + and Stadia will have launched by then (they might actually be very successful in absorbing the casual gaming market) and the console makers will be looking to have exclusives for consoles.

Can you IMAGINE how amazing the next generation GPUs with raytracing and 8K resolution will look like????
    I loves sand

When will Content in form of new Weapons and Maps appear? Oh and what about a big scale mode without Hero spam?

Three excellent questions!
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Evo911
    244 posts Member
    Would love a BF3, but please God not from EA/Dice.
    Starwars deserve serious devs team.
  • OOM19
    2831 posts Member

2za2fw.jpg

It begins

Again
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • ArchAngeL_777
    1669 posts Member
    edited April 23
    Ulysses_31 wrote: »
    The only thing that might stop development on BF3 is if the Fallen Order game hugely exceeds expectations and shifts EA's focus.

There will be BF3, released before EA's license expires in 2023. BF2015 made a massive amount of money. There will be tonnes of new Star Wars content to include (Mandalorian, Cassian Andor , new trilogy + classic)

It will coincide with next gen consoles (PS5) - but perhaps consoles ONLY as Apple + and Stadia will have launched by then (they might actually be very successful in absorbing the casual gaming market) and the console makers will be looking to have exclusives for consoles.

Can you IMAGINE how amazing the next generation GPUs with raytracing and 8K resolution will look like????

I don't think console makers are going to be that concerned about Battlefront, or Apple+ and Stadia for that matter. At least not Sony or Nintendo anyway. Both of them have an incredibly strong first party and otherwise exclusive lineup. Microsoft is the one that has cause to worry about Apple and Stadia. They let their exclusive lineup go, and as a result have been buying up studios. Those studios have yet to show anything, so they are a bit vulnerable with Xbox.

I do expect Battlefront 3 to be on next generation consoles, maybe a year or two in.

Battlefront 2015 got a hot start but cooled off fast after people realized how shallow the product was, and Battlefront 2 did not meet sales expectations. So the series isn't red hot. They may be the best selling games, but I think that's a product of the current gaming ecosystem vs 15 years ago. Had DICE followed the model of those older games and basically done a Star Wars version of Battlefield as almost everyone expected, I'd be willing to bet the sales of these games would be drastically higher.
  • This is a speculation thread, please post your thoughts below.

In my personal opinion, yes. I do think there will be a battlefront 3, it will probably be announced at ea-play this year or next year, and be released in late 2020. I hope Battlefront 3 is similar to Battlefront 2, it just needs to improve on the hero balance, allow for more trooper customization, allow for more hero customization & have an even amount of maps around all eras.

It needs to include everything Battlefront 2015 and Battlefront 2 has as a starting point, then continue from there...
  • Basically, DICE needs to do what everyone expected in the first place...make a Star Wars version of Battlefield. More specifically, they need to make a Star Wars version of Battlefield 2142.

Battlefield 2142 Titan Mode is already the inspiration for Capital Supremacy, so just bring the full gameplay to Battlefront 3...Titan Mode, Conquest, vehicles on the maps, transports...everything. Battlefield 2142 had mechs the size of AT-STs, hover tanks, and all sorts of futuristic equipment similar to Star Wars tech. It's the perfect template for Battlefront 3. Here's the launch Intro trailer I found on EA's YouTube: