criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Please Remove AI From Capital Supremacy

Prev1
I understand that people have been asking for 32 vs 32 for a while, and I thought it would be cool to have that many soldiers on the battlefront just like in Battlefield games, but I strongly feel that the AI ruins this mode. Battlefield maps are much larger and can easily handle that many players. The Geonosis map is too small for that many players. It seems like they were added just to say you have 32 vs 32 without really considering if it is improving the experience.

I found the mode to be a lot more enjoyable during the time the AI was turned off. Since turning it back on, I can usually play one round before I am annoyed. Then I go back to GA, Strike or Extraction. Knowing that the only content in the coming months are maps for this mode, I am not looking forward to any of the updates as long as the AI is turned on.

Replies

• Remove them, please

8dh69o72w6hm.jpg

• KLATZ55
    137 posts Member
    It's lame to have Ai in online multiplayer, just made the game even more casual.
  • SSJSnoop
    2112 posts Member
    KLATZ55 wrote: »
    It's lame to have Ai in online multiplayer, just made the game even more casual.

Exactly, I hated bots in Titanfall.

I was so happy in TF2 they had modes w/o A.I.
  • I like these players trying to use names similar to the AI. I'm not sure exactly why they do it, but it's pretty funny.
  • Ai at times better than some team-mates....
    but sure remove them but make it a real 32 vs 32 real players than...
    "remove the ship boarding part " no thanks... ? "and put real conquest on all maps and I would play it. " atm its just one.. so dream on... Kashyyyk tobe added soon maybe more.. but.. the above nope

indeed Ai better at protecting objectives than some real folks... just gotta have their TAGS sorted same for own Ai team.. that are like not really shown. TAGG wise... is an issue
  • Agreed
  • Negative. The AI is better than most players keep them in

If a skilled player faced a team with only the AI, their average kills/game would be in the triple digits.
    My name is Bob

• Well for those of you that hate AI in the game mode please ask them to do a large scale offline mode for those of us who like them.

Problem solved?
  • KlownShueS wrote: »
    I like them. I say keep them and get rid of heroes but I'm the minority in this.

100% agree I have felt since the beginning that the mode would feel better and be more enjoyable without heroes. If people want to get killstreaks and stuff with heroes play GA. This is an objective based mode so winning is more important than a big killstreak. A large portion of kills are AI anyways so is it even that impressive?
  • The good thing about the AI is that the 36 players playing as a special unit won’t keep on spawn-killing the infantry players that are doing all the work.
  • What no the entire point of the mode is for it to be larger scale. Remove 24 troops and the match becomes a graveyard.
  • Agree. If the playerbase is allegedly so high, then just make it 32 v 32. I actually suspect this wouldn’t be an issue in terms of finding games.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • I don't think any of you realize how useful AI is in Conquest

They are literally the only that have the boring job of keeping captured command posts. If their was no AI, you would just lose and win command posts back and forth. They help provide some extra defense, and, while it is true they are an annoyance sometimes, they are still pretty fun.

AI helps a team by doing the boring job of defending, something I know for a fact none of you would do (sniping does not count as defending). AI is that fun support that is not too strong, but still represents a small threat at the same time.

AI should NOT be removed.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"
    bhih9jzeyr6i.gif
  • KlownShueS wrote: »
    Well for those of you that hate AI in the game mode please ask them to do a large scale offline mode for those of us who like them.

Problem solved?

They aren't going to create a new game mode just to remove AI.
    My name is Bob

• Batman20
    1858 posts Member
    Keep them as its a easy way to get some kills to get heroes faster
  • Nah keep the AI it balances out the sweaty tryhards and lets newer players have fun.

There's not exactly "sweaty tryhards" running all over the place. Newer players don't need free kills against AI, they need the challenge of facing actual players
    My name is Bob

• Batman20
    1858 posts Member
    Batman20 wrote: »

If anything, that's a good reason not to keep AI. They shouldn't be farmed for easy BP.

There is also alot of people who might play this mode who suck and can't do as well as the top players who don't struggle to get kills, so having AI helps them get kills and BP
  • Batman20 wrote: »

If anything, that's a good reason not to keep AI. They shouldn't be farmed for easy BP.

There is also alot of people who might play this mode who suck and can't do as well as the top players who don't struggle to get kills, so having AI helps them get kills and BP

Why should we hold people's hand in a game that's already too easy? If I faced nothing but the AI, my KD would be so high that it would crash the servers. If the AI were the only opponents on Strike, I would manipulate things and go for an average of 1,000 kills per match.
    My name is Bob

• Batman20
    1858 posts Member

Why should we hold people's hand in a game that's already too easy? If I faced nothing but the AI, my KD would be so high that it would crash the servers. If the AI were the only opponents on Strike, I would manipulate things and go for an average of 1,000 kills per match.

AI might suck but its still nice having them there so the teams feel bigger. If dice aren't willing to use real players to make the teams bigger then I'm happy having the AI stay
  • I like the AI in the game. Keep it.
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • Batman20 wrote: »

AI might suck but its still nice having them there so the teams feel bigger. If dice aren't willing to use real players to make the teams bigger then I'm happy having the AI stay

The only way AI should stay in PvP is if their skill level is significantly increased
    My name is Bob

• The AI make people feel better about themselves. Isn't that what this world is all about these days?
  • The AI make people feel better about themselves. Isn't that what this world is all about these days?

They've appeased bad players enough as is. Kills were replaced by eliminations, stats were removed, BP requirements plummeted for heroes and reinforcements, animations take longer, the combat roll was nerfed multiple times, lightsabers became magnets, etc.
    My name is Bob

• ^ Plus there are more instances I didn't include
    My name is Bob

They've appeased bad players enough as is. Kills were replaced by eliminations, stats were removed, BP requirements plummeted for heroes and reinforcements, animations take longer, the combat roll was nerfed multiple times, lightsabers became magnets, etc.

Not saying it's right, just typical.
  • IA only disturb and distract.

1bfioawlu399.png
  • Get rid of AI, they cause server lag.
  • SSJSnoop
    2112 posts Member
    20 v 20 is better than 32 v 32 w/ bots.
    36 posts Member
    I agree. Remove AI. We accidentally got to play without the bots when you disabled them because of some issue back when the mode released and I had way more fun in the mode when you put them away. It's still a big war out there even without 32v32. 20v20 is totally fine. If I wanted to battle AI I'd play campaign. Multiplayer should keep being multiplayer.
  • SSJSnoop
    2112 posts Member
    The majority...of this forum lol
  • Well it seems like a lot of people like the AI. I just don't get it. Oh well, to each their own. I'll just stick to Extraction and Strike and pray for new maps for those modes.
  • CloudMcRip wrote: »
    I like the AI and who don't like the game mode shouldn't play it...
    KlownShueS wrote: »
    I like them. I say keep them and get rid of heroes but I'm the minority in this.
    It’s literally free points, their aim isn’t terrible, died a few times if there’s too many of them, or I was focusing on an actual player so they do act as a threat, sometimes. but they help defend objectives and gives you time to defend yours if one is being attacked. If there wasn’t ai you’d be running back and forth non stop, as soon as you take one objective another would be taken
    Cane_danko wrote: »
    I also enjoy the ai
    Ai at times better than some team-mates....
    but sure remove them but make it a real 32 vs 32 real players than...
    "remove the ship boarding part " no thanks... ? "and put real conquest on all maps and I would play it. " atm its just one.. so dream on... Kashyyyk tobe added soon maybe more.. but.. the above nope

indeed Ai better at protecting objectives than some real folks... just gotta have their TAGS sorted same for own Ai team.. that are like not really shown. TAGG wise... is an issue
    TheMole wrote: »
    I feel ai brings some scale to the battle that wouldnt be there otherwise, if you take the ai out the battle will be mostly empty, ideal situation is 32v32 or more, go 50v50, I would even like 100v100, but most people dont like that much action
    Mystical wrote: »
    I love the AI. Always constant action and I have more stuff to shoot.
    Jazza_21SD wrote: »
    KlownShueS wrote: »

100% agree I have felt since the beginning that the mode would feel better and be more enjoyable without heroes. If people want to get killstreaks and stuff with heroes play GA. This is an objective based mode so winning is more important than a big killstreak. A large portion of kills are AI anyways so is it even that impressive?
    The good thing about the AI is that the 36 players playing as a special unit won’t keep on spawn-killing the infantry players that are doing all the work.
    What no the entire point of the mode is for it to be larger scale. Remove 24 troops and the match becomes a graveyard.
    Nah keep the AI it balances out the sweaty tryhards and lets newer players have fun.
    DaveKikAz wrote: »
    Keep the AI, #AiLivesMatter
    CaptainM09 wrote: »
    I don't think any of you realize how useful AI is in Conquest

They are literally the only that have the boring job of keeping captured command posts. If their was no AI, you would just lose and win command posts back and forth. They help provide some extra defense, and, while it is true they are an annoyance sometimes, they are still pretty fun.

AI helps a team by doing the boring job of defending, something I know for a fact none of you would do (sniping does not count as defending). AI is that fun support that is not too strong, but still represents a small threat at the same time.

AI should NOT be removed.

The majority

I think we are the minority over all. But I like AI and offline with AI more than people. Some of us just enjoy games that feel like there's a lot of people, but just don't like online games because of some people treat others like bantha fodder. Or just don't pto. Or have to quit games mid match because of things like dinner, kids need help with home work, lack of time, work, dogs need to go for a walk, wife/husband want time. Hundreds of things.

So it's not that we hate real people or playing with them but we want to play with friends on the couch. We want what video games was meant to be. A closer interaction with people we know or meet in real life. Not talking to some one you really don't or ever would truly know. For example long ago meet this girl from a chat house (yeah long ago) paid for her train ticket to visit. We was just friends anyway she had some really bad habits that she done to my room mates and my house in the spare bed room and bath that was just... Let's just say one of my female room mates said us (3 girls, 2 guys) or her. Who leaves a pickle sticking in peanut butter for 3 days!?!

Anyway those was the college years. I want my bots I don't want to meet anyone in person I want a large scale bot battle!

But I thought my little online story would give some of you a laugh or two.
  • Keep the AI
  • Liz4rD wrote: »
    Keep AI troopers.

THEY PTFO

They're free kills. If you want that, you should play arcade
    My name is Bob