criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Honestly, Anakin would be pretty close to balanced if they removed Retribution

If they just did that and upped his heroic might cooldown to 25 seconds I think I could live with that.

Some of his cards might be able to use some tweaking.

Actually, killswitch just to be safe.

Replies

• Empire_TW wrote: »
    Heroic might will continue to be a problem due to him being able to just park himself on an objective and force the other team to cede said objective or die. Definitely should be kill switched.

Basically I feel like i’m Seeing HM be a problem in specific objectives on GA. Like Naboo 2nd and 3rd phases. Kashyyyk juggernauts. Essentially anywhere where there’s a very tight space. Which is admittedly a lot of maps.

Maybe if they lowered the HM damage reduction a touch too. So it wasn’t just an automatic regain-all-your-health button.

But it’s not terrible in wider areas, even something like the Hoth 2nd phase.

I just feel like I’m starting to see the outlines of how he can be a manageable character.

His Pull combos seem strong but in the same vein as Vader’s choke combos.

Retribution is just silly though. It feels like a no-brainer to take it out.
  • Laser921
    2144 posts Member
    Heroic Might's radius needs toned done big time but yes I agree, take retribution out, its a crutch card and frankly, overpowered as crap. If breaks blocks, usually, and if you even just walk into its aoe you're hit, which is bull. Sadly, it probably wont happen because of pandering to clone war cryers
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • hes already been nerfed 3 times already why do you guys want to make the chosen one the most useless character in the game hes fine where he is now.

LOL 😂thats my afternoon laugh cheers bro
  • i didnt mean to be funny though :(
  • Chico
    543 posts Member
    i didnt mean to be funny though :(

You weren't? Who the hell actually thinks Anakin is balanced?

Me. He's pretty balanced in HvV. Needs some tweaking for ga & capital though

Wow, found something I agree with you on. He does need a nerf in GA and CS.

Further thought, if the devs buffed a few LS heroes for HvV Ani could then get a minor nerf in this mode too. He isn't majorly OP but he is better than any other hero.
  • hes already been nerfed 3 times already why do you guys want to make the chosen one the most useless character in the game hes fine where he is now.

Vader is the chosen one

It doesn’t matter how many times something gets nerfed. Only that it gets nerfed properly. They also “fixed” Vader’s force choke multiple times. But it only counted as being fixed once it stopped happening.

Nobody wants Anakin to be useless. If Anakin is the most powerful hero in the game, that’s fine. He just needs to be in the same league as the other heroes. He is not now.

Look at that. You and I agree on something! That must be a good sign. Don’t play much HvV so I can’t totally speak to that. But every time I do he seems to be basically fine.

I think they should nerf him a bit more for GA/CS, then buff the light side for HvV by giving slight buffs to other heroes. I think the blaster heroes in particular could use some love.

Of course HvV changes completely in like a month. So who knows how the balance will be then.
  • gospa55350
    343 posts Member
    edited April 27
    If they just did that and upped his heroic might cooldown to 25 seconds I think I could live with that.

Some of his cards might be able to use some tweaking.

Actually, killswitch just to be safe.

Anakin in the right hands in HvV is an actual nightmare. It takes a minimum of 2 skillful DS players to take him down. I have seen many times Anakin being able to handle 1V4. I like the challenge by playing alone. but have to concur there is not match to him for any DS characters with the sole exception of Vader in a 1v1 against a good Anakin player. When I play with one of my friends (as Vader/Palps combo) Anakin is dead meat no matter who he is. A Kylo/Dooku Combo against Anakin works pretty well too.
  • thorzhammers
    474 posts Member
    edited April 27
    I think we should keep him, just make him younger. Is that too Nerfy?

om2t5tcjhx81.gif

this
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • Batman20
    2213 posts Member
    edited April 27
    I agree retribution is a silly ability the amount of times I've got close to killing anakin and he just saves himself with that it's so annoying. Same in CS or GA you get close to killing him and then he wipes your entire squad out with it. It basically rewards players for sucking

Having two abilities that wipe entire rooms full of infantry (and one of which now has a recharge exploit/glitch) on top of the most potential health and saber damage in the game along with good speed and stamina and four abilities instead of three is not 'fine.'
  • So the problem it seems to be cornered towards his:
    Saber Damage and Max HP cards, Heroic Might, And retribution.

What would you change about these aspects without Trashing the Hero?
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif

Saber damage & hp is fine. Heroic might could do 250 to troopers & 300 to villians.

saber damage is fine and I guess his HP is fine heroes die to easily in GA and CS anyway.

heroic might just needs a complete rework its either going to be OP or completely useless imo and retribution just needs to take longer to charge up.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000

Saber damage & hp is fine. Heroic might could do 250 to troopers & 300 to villians.

Heroic might could do 220 to troopers & 150 to villians*
  • I'd go for the killswitch. I don't know why retribution is an ultimate when it's pretty much the same as heroic might. Imo retribution should be either removed, or be much harder to charge and should charge purely off the success of the anakin player, not based off damage taken. It should also be less of a death sentance to heroes. Heroic might should be swapped for more of a standard repulse, or remove alot of the damage reduction and have the radius start small and increase based on damage taken at a larger rate, it would force players not to hold it for ages be more tactical where they do it, and create a risk vs reward situation. This wouldn't really change him in hvv but would affect ga dramatically, it would introduce some skill into his playstyle (I know this is the opposite of what dice wants). You can still take Anakin with relatively no skill and guarantee a win on most maps, which means he's still broken imo.
  • Personally, they should mix the 2 abilities, Heroic might and retribution are too similar that they should change it to a 2 in 1 instead. You can either use the heroic might right away but if you delay using it until it is full then you can use it and cause that massive choke ability of retribution, meanwhile while taking damage you can increase your blase radius damage so it's more rewarding to hold off on using it until you have it full. Thus 3 abilities, rather than 4 and it gives a rewarding bonus if you don't use it right away and also something you should plan to use at the right moment. *problem solved, boom baby*

In HvV I almost always got killed only by Anakin:

15 times pull dominance + Heroic might + 1 lightsaber swing combo
    7 times Retribution
    4 times with only his lightsaber (from the back)
  • Btech3_14 wrote: »

In HvV I almost always got killed only by Anakin:

15 times pull dominance + Heroic might + 1 lightsaber swing combo
    7 times Retribution
    4 times with only his lightsaber (from the back)

The pull is an I win button vs non blocking heroes, I think it should be more like kylos in that the hero doesn't always land at your feet.
    36 posts Member
    Retribution ability is bull****. You can't avoid it and it has range like a Death Star beam... I don't get how they give a Jedi strangling ability. Is he a sith or not? I thought you wanted to give us clone wars Anakin. Not Anakin few hours before becoming Darth Vader lol... Facepalm... Seriously... How can you get this wrong and allow a Jedi to strangle other players? Anakin is fine... his Retribution ability is utter bull****... Fix Retribution or get rid of it and he's fixed. Problem solved. Anakin's ability should be all about stopping your enemies and leaving them to your teammates while they are flying and can't move. Retribution shouldn't deal damage, it should just stop everyone around and prevent you from using abilities or block against other light side players who are gonna be around you when Anakin casts that.

• RyanK388
    1909 posts Member
    I forget, is retribution the one where he sucks in power and then blows everyone away with a force wave or is it the one where he chokes everyone in the room and crushes them?

I get Heroic Might and Retribution mixed up some times