criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Community Transmission — Giants Above Kachirho Update

1235Next

Replies

• Starmasui73146
    1482 posts Member
    edited April 25
    How does one block with Yoda? I played Arcade with Maul and figure it out, but couldnt get Yodas to work?

I'm having the same issue. Maul's block is straight forward enough, the left trigger, but Yoda it just acts the same; you never see him actually block and deflect back with the lightsaber, just the same absorb as always. I'm very confused. I hope the devs will explain this, did I miss something? o:)

P.S.- Thanks for the "A New Hope" Leia skin, truly awesome. Please bring on farm boy Luke next, thank you. Oh and with that younger face too please, not the "Return of the Jedi" face, excellent. :)

Still waiting for more Destroyer Droids but I'm patient. ;)
    “There is always hope.”
  • I have to say playing a mode that can go on for an hour on maps that were stale a year ago is awful. Unless a decent mode is added with new maps or maps added to extraction, starfighter and strike I wont be playing BF2. CS is ok and a little long but on 1 new map and maps that were boring a year ago no thanks.
  • Some of the posts on this are blatant like baits. Shame.
  • Thank you for the work and the positive upcoming update!

What about Palpatine?
    Like:
    - Palpatine with lightsaber ( second choose option ) - the politician skin too?
    - Anakin - Vader Skins ? like the bad Anakin with yellow eyes before he ll become vader.

Thats the most i miss for the first.
    What u think about?

Peace.

• The new Victory Pose for Rey is nice, but I liked the old one as well. Maybe you could bring back? It'd be cool to have a bigger variety of Victory Poses.

The one you took out managed to resemble, one of the more powerful moments from her in The Force Awakens.

7p2e5xye4kn1.gif
  • PLEASE fix the Heavy’s DC-15LE Improved Zoom glitch. With all this beautiful Clone Wars content, it’s time they fix this bug that has existed since game launch.

DC-15LE Improved Zoom Disappearing Reticle Glitch:
    - When using the DC-15LE with Improved Zoom equipped, the player almost always will have the incorrect reticle or no reticle at all, both when zoomed in and during normal play. Multiple posts have been made regarding this glitch since game launch, but all have been overkooked or ignored thus far.

This rifle was introduced in Attack of the Clones and was the main battle rifle of the Clone Army. For the sake of immersion into the Clone Wars era, which is what Capital Supremacy is all about, it would be amazing to finally be able to use this weapon in it’s most competitive set up (Reduced Recoil + Improved Zoom).

I’ve been waiting for this fix since week one of Star Wars Battlefront II. This game has made an incredible turn around since all the dissapointment and controversy at launch. For me, a die hard Clone Wars fan, this is the last long overdue fix that will officially cement Battlefront II as “One of the Greats”.

Thank you for not forgetting the fans and continuing to support this game after all the hardships it has endured.
  • I hope we see more of these updates. Focusing on skins and fixes. Those two are what I want the most.

We definately need more skins. I mean, now it's their only monetization solution and they only have that? I'm kind of suprised. i was expecting more so people want to buy more credit. I won't buy more but still I'm kinda surprised. there are so much skins I can think of
  • Still no Heroic Might amd Retribution nerfs/reworks?
  • brienj
    690 posts Member
    @EA_Charlemagne Will y'all change HvV from the target system anytime soon??
    More &more lately its become a nuisance chasing fools like its hide & seek instead of a Deathmatch!
    Also is it possible to add Lightsabers only mode for HvV? That would be great! Maybe weekend events for now? Thx y'all

It's supposed to be a team mode, it is NOT a deatmatch, and people that keep playing it like that are playing it incorrectly and more times than not, cost their team a point each round. Whenever they do remove the target, they better keep the option to play the old version with a target, so the matches still have a chance at being close.
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    brienj wrote: »
    Whenever they do remove the target, they better keep the option to play the old version with a target, so the matches still have a chance at being close.

I’m still awaiting further details of this new system. If it is worse than the targeting system, I’ll agree with keeping the old system as an alternate mode.
  • SpazeBlade wrote: »
    Thank you for the work and the positive upcoming update!

What about Palpatine?
    Like:
    - Palpatine with lightsaber ( second choose option ) - the politician skin too?
    - Anakin - Vader Skins ? like the bad Anakin with yellow eyes before he ll become vader.

Thats the most i miss for the first.
    What u think about?

Peace.

Yes we need a Palpatine skin. Just title it “the senate”

r61r2cycis07.jpeg
    2h7mo5ql9muz.jpeg
    “The force is with me and I am one with the force. I fear nothing because everything is as the Force wills it to be.” -Chirrut Imwe
  • I CAN'T WAIT FOR PRINCESS LEIA!! Also, Mauls new block is awesome. Not only the fact that it's finally here in general, but the animations for it are just really cool looking. This is a great update.
  • GOOD, GOOD
  • The Anakin Nerf's success remains to be seen, I would suggest lowering his health when retribution is activated. With this in place if enough opponents fire at him they stand a chance. thoughts?
  • tts42572
    1159 posts Member
    The community has been requesting new maps for Extraction for months.....How about addressing that?

Or how about a new mode with heroes only that involves objective play instead of deathmatch? Like a strike or extraction mode with heroes only? That would be cool.

Or some new cards, weapons or something to make infantry more interesting to play with?

• Yes these update adjustments regarding the Heroes and Villains characters were very much needed as some of those issues were very noticeable and very annoying whenever the errors used to occur during ‘Heroes vs Villains Matches’....and all I do in “Battlefront 2” is play HvV Mode, and did definitely experience those past errors with my characters or seen other players experiencing them while I played matches.

The error fixes for Anakin, Rey, Vader, Yoda and Kenobi we’re definitely needed the most, as it just felt like their abilities were either limited at times because of the errors or just simply their abilities were just all over the place and a mess really...Especially with Rey and Obi-wan it just felt as though their movements and abilities became slow and would miss targeted characters and end up just running around off-target. So I’m glad that you’ve fixed and adjusted the issues with Rey and Obi-wan the most as they really did need it.

Also too I’m happy that you’ve addressed adjustments for Yoda...as he should have been able to Block Enemy Attacks and most of all be able to actually Jump More Higher from the very beginning of this game’s release. In the “Star Wars Prequels” and “The Clone Wars” Yoda does actually perform both blocking abilities using Force Energy and does in fact jump high.
  • I actually can't believe this. I'm blinded with rage right now. How could you not see the glaring 360 degree murder machine Anakin for what he is, and just killswitch him already. 2 METERS ON PULL!!! SERIOUSLY!! AND NO NERF TO HM AT ALL?!?!?!?! How is this even real life. As it stands, i'm losing hope in ever enjoying a large scale mode again. I loved CS when it came out. I had an absolute blast, up until I got stuck in a 3 hour game where we should clearly have won, but Anakin would nuke the team cause my **** teamates shot him twice in HM.

Eventually, all our good players got tired and quit, so I was the only one competent on my team, and we got bodied. I've done that to multiple teams in CS since then, and the disgust in myself has driven me from playing the mode. Anakin as it stands, has the most DPS, the most HP, and the best abilities in the game. If you shoot him 3 times while he's in HM, it auto kills you. Do you know how fast you have to react if he hits the button WHILE you're firing at him? It's inhuman to be able to react to it. You get punished for landing your shots while he bee lines right at you, cause the last 3 shots you fired before stopping and seeing the HM end up killing you.

All this and I haven't even gotten to HvV yet. In HvV Anakin single handedly decides games. I let a god awful friend of mine play him for a bit while I tried some other hero's out, we're down 8-1. I get Anakin, and now it's 1-0. It really is that easy. The pull combo used to be Pull, Pasionate Strike, HM, 2 lightsaber swings. Now it will just be Pull, HM, Passionate strike. Oh lord, not those 2 swings, now you might not be able to kill boba before he gets up!!! you still lose upwards of 500 health from one guy using what amounts to a single move.

Also, why the hell does Anakin's massive strikes card have no drawbacks, Grevious' does, so why not Anakin. His swing speed is incredibly fast, and now he gets an extra 25 damage (might be 20 I forget) I haven't even gotten to the best part, Retribution! Since Anakin has the most kill power, and the most health (Great decision btw) He usually will outlast his team in a team fight. even if the team loses. So he loses lots of health, and then, since his team lost the fight, he's next in line for target. Do you know what happens when you're the target?

You get all your health back silly! But Retribution? That charge stays despite the full health refill. You're outplaying the team again, but Anakin's now taken enough damage, so he hits one button, and you better hope the LS doesn't have a decent blaster hero, cause if they do, your whole team dies. That blaster hero gets free shots on everyone effected wiping the whole god damn team. I'm sure their's more i'm forgetting, and plenty of typos while I type raging out of my mind, so I apologize in advance.

I just can't believe DICE doesn't see this for what it is. I've played a lot, and I've nearly exhausted every option I can come up with when it comes to trying to fight Anakin. At this point, I'm out of ideas. I can release a comprehensive list if anyone thinks it'll help, but I don't know what to do anymore. It's not fun with, or against a half decent Anakin, it just becomes a steamroll, and I think I've explained pretty well why.

Bro i feel you, thats the number one thing thats ruining the game for me. Retribution. I didnt like the whole one hit kill heroic might **** when they first released him, but i could deal with it and it didnt affect hero showdown much, but it wasnt as bad as retribution. It ruins one on one lightsaber duels because if u have less than 500 hp ur dead, oh excuse me, they gave it a slight nerf so maybe now its like 450, what a difference. Also it said in the CT for anakin it was supposed to do like 150 to troopers and 100 to heroes, dont know what happened to that?

It sounded like it would not be an op ability, but i guess i shoulda known better than to trust the BF2 CT and game updates, they always change and/or break things not even mentioned in the patch notes. And dont even get me started on the range, u cant have an ability that one shots heroes from full health and have that much range, someone probably shoulda told em that before they released anakin, twice.

They literally gave him TWO room clearing abilities, and i dont think anyone else even has one ability that good, let alone two. If you get caught in retribution in a large scale game mode you're dead from full health, not even heroes are safe because it's basically a stun lock that does damage and then their team can also open fire on you while you are helpless. The thing I dont understand is they put anakin in the game with this ultimate op ability, but in the same update they nerf all the stun locks including kylos freeze which they cut the duration in half or something, and it didnt even do damage.

Anakin basically has vaders choke on steroids; it hits everyone around him in a large radius, locks them in place for like 5 or 6 seconds like kylos freeze pre-nerf, knocks them to the ground, it does like 5 times as much damage as vaders choke, oh and did i mention it gives %90 damage reduction for the duratuon of the ability so you are basically invicible while its active. 😔 Also the ability is glitched as well, if someone knocks you out of retribution ie. Hits you with a lightsaber attack and you can run around freely again u will still take damage from the ability as if you were still locked in the choke animation.

They seriously need to reduce the duration to same time as kylos freeze (would fix the damage issue at the same time) and make it take longer to charge, but keep the range, a simple fix but would clear the issues with it but still make it feel like an ultimate and unique ability to anakin, without it being a one hitter quitter as it currently stands.

Also would like to add this ability makes no sense in an "in-universe" perspective because im pretty sure they took this ability straight out of the clone wars episode on mortis when anakin must choose between saving his master or padawan and instead he chose both.

The only reason he was able to perform this amazing feat was because of how powerful the force was on the planet and obi-wan even touches on this earlier in the episode and instructs anakin to harness this power because he was the chosen one and he could do so. Sorry for the rant, im just hoping quoting this lengthy rant, then going on one of my own will catch someone on the development team's attention. Maybe this ONE game breaking issue can finally be rectified and the honourable duels can proceed.

Fixed and cleared spelling errors and added paragraphs.

@starwarsgamer999 Did you want a medal or something for that? Also, I don't know what your smoking bruv, but i want some, because you missed a lot of spelling mistakes. 🤪?
  • I like most of these changes but... WHY OH WHY, did you make the AT-RT EVEN WORSE?? It needs to be MUCH BETTER right now, not EVEN WORSE! Most people aren't willing to use it because it's WORSE than playing as infantry! It's gun does LESS damage than infantry blasters--and you decided to NERF it?? It overheats too quickly, doesn't do enough damage and worst of all, its movement is AWFUL! Please give the AT-RT some serious TLC, DICE!

Please give the speeder vehicles some serious TLC too, the movement and weapon aiming on those is HORRENDOUS!!!
  • Pretty good.

B U T ---

We need more NEW Maps from Clone Wars. Battlefront 2 could be so much better. Where are the Destroyer Droid's? Jedi's? Magnaguard's?
    Maps like:
    Mustafar (From Battlefront 2005)
    Mygeeto ( 2005 )
    Alderaan
    Bespin(From StarWars Battlefront 2004)
    Coruscant
    Dagobah ( 2005 )
    Felucia

& more.

Let us play spaceships on planets. Like in Battlefront 2004.

Leia would play this Game and would say: Help me Obi Wan Kenobi you're my only hope.

Thanks.
  • Emperor needs to be able to switch back and forth from force lightning to a lightsaber. Or two
  • Thanks to this update ''Hope cannot save them'' tier 3 is impossible now.
    ***** awesome.
  • Is anyone else getting weird input lag now? At random times it like seriously lags but it’s not just in a match, it’s even in the menus.
  • Can you please fix Heroes vs Villians every time I get into a fight I get a ONE-second warning that I am the target and I die and we lose a point because I die
  • Sorry if its already been broughten up, but how do we block as Yoda? I cant figure it out. Maul can, but Yoda can't.
    0gypubfypdjr.jpg

The_Cloaked_One
  • vqjihslj5p99.jpg
    @EA_Charlemagne look at the star cards equipped for my infiltrator please? There's an issue where my infiltrator has an officer's star card equipped. This is preventing me from having x3 infiltrator star cards equipped. Please can you resolve this issue?
  • @EA_Charlemagne Look at my Infiltrator's Star cards... There's an issue where one of my Infiltrator's star cards is actually an officers star card (officer's presence). The star card is stuck, I can't just unequip it. This is preventing me from having x3 infiltrator Star cards equipped during gameplay. It's really annoying. Please resolve this issue?
    kb3fun755kf4.jpg
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    Sorry if its already been broughten up, but how do we block as Yoda? I cant figure it out. Maul can, but Yoda can't.

Hold left trigger like you would as the other sabers (L2 or LT depending on which controller you're using).
  • Dooku's Block is broken... only works 30% of the time.. When in Duel in GA with another Saber user its almost impossible to block after exchanging a few blows... This happens almost every time n m sure I have stamina !!
  • ka69osi9egjo.jpg
    Do i need to say anything...
  • Starmasui73146
    1482 posts Member
    edited April 28
    How does one block with Yoda? I played Arcade with Maul and figure it out, but couldnt get Yodas to work?
    I'm having the same issue. Maul's block is straight forward enough, the left trigger, but Yoda it just acts the same; you never see him actually block and deflect back with the lightsaber, just the same absorb as always. I'm very confused. I hope the devs will explain this, did I miss something? o:)

Sorry if its already been broughten up, but how do we block as Yoda? I cant figure it out. Maul can, but Yoda can't.
    Maliainu wrote: »
    Hold left trigger like you would as the other sabers (L2 or LT depending on which controller you're using).
    Ummmm no, that just makes Yoda do absorb. We mean reflecting lasers back with the lightsaber like Darth Maul.
    “There is always hope.”
  • Ummmm no, that just makes Yoda do absorb. We mean reflecting lasers back with the lightsaber like Darth Maul.

He doesn’t. Blasters he absorbs as it’s tied to his unleash, sabers he deflects, powers he “deflects” like the rest of them.
  • Honest question,

Is every "new" map that is going to be released, a re-work of a tired map we have played to death? The second part is always attacking the same capital ship. Where is the "change up"? Geonosis was expanded which was nice. But I played one round on Kashyyyk and I was bored. I am so tired of that map. There is nothing terribly original in this game mode. Nothing that makes the game mode unique in playing it. It is the same old rinse and repeat; and it can last over 2 hours... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. There needs to be originality and that is severely missing. Now the only thing for this and the next two months are "new locations" for CS. Are they going to be re-used maps? Same game play as the last two maps that are uninspiring after about 45 minutes? I am really unsure how you plan to drag this to November and hope to have anyone left playing the game. I really had wished that DICE and EA were going to try to save the game.
  • CS is just a tweaked renamed Galactic Assault. Highly overrated, just give us Conquest and work on new maps that can be tweaked for access for all game modes. No more releasing a day one map as 'new' for CS. Also we need skins for Droids, Clones are not the only ones who actually had camouflage. Storm Troopers also need skins as they have a variety of appearances in lore as well. Clones have too many skins already, no more.
  • Ummmm no, that just makes Yoda do absorb. We mean reflecting lasers back with the lightsaber like Darth Maul.

He doesn’t. Blasters he absorbs as it’s tied to his unleash, sabers he deflects, powers he “deflects” like the rest of them.

I'm really not noticing the difference. Is Yoda different from before the patch?
    “There is always hope.”

I'm really not noticing the difference. Is Yoda different from before the patch?

I don’t think his animation is different, but he definitely holds up to lightsaber attacks now (at least as far as I can tell). Before they would just cut through him like butter if he didn’t a way to escape.
  • PLEASE fix the Heavy’s DC-15LE Improved Zoom glitch. With all this beautiful Clone Wars content, it’s time they fix this bug that has existed since game launch.

DC-15LE Improved Zoom Disappearing Reticle Glitch:
    - When using the DC-15LE with Improved Zoom equipped, the player almost always will have the incorrect reticle or no reticle at all, both when zoomed in and during normal play. Multiple posts have been made regarding this glitch since game launch, but all have been overkooked or ignored thus far.

This rifle was introduced in Attack of the Clones and was the main battle rifle of the Clone Army. For the sake of immersion into the Clone Wars era, which is what Capital Supremacy is all about, it would be amazing to finally be able to use this weapon in it’s most competitive set up (Reduced Recoil + Improved Zoom).

I’ve been waiting for this fix since week one of Star Wars Battlefront II. This game has made an incredible turn around since all the dissapointment and controversy at launch. For me, a die hard Clone Wars fan, this is the last long overdue fix that will officially cement Battlefront II as “One of the Greats”.

Thank you for not forgetting the fans and continuing to support this game after all the hardships it has endured.

Cannot agree more on that! Also a lover of this Class and Weapon.
    At the moment it is glitching after using Barrage. If you have a Scope/Zoom perk on the weapon and you're making 3 Barrage shots then you zooming will render in no crosshair at all
  • Stealth862
    110 posts Member
    Awesome, can't wait! Glad to see the original trilogy content hasn't been abandoned, even if it is just a skin!

And Leia has great skin 0_0
  • stevenomes
    4670 posts Member
    how many of the bugs will actually be fixed or in process of fixing the bug new bugs appear that require additional patches to rectify. It's happened before....though i do like the focus on bug fixes in general. i just hope its enough.
  • Is anyone else getting weird input lag now? At random times it like seriously lags but it’s not just in a match, it’s even in the menus.

This keeps happening and I can’t even play half the time because of it. I mostly play HvV, where timing is key. It makes these matches infuriating.

Guess I’ll put it down for a month and maybe the next patch will fix it.
  • Zinjo2017
    590 posts Member
    Skeptical about Anakin the one man gang "tweaks". They rolled out tweaks to him before with all sorts of fanfare and it was marginal at best. Reducing his hit points to Vader's is welcome, though I am still not convinced the "chosen one" should have MORE force powers and stronger ones at that, than his 40 year old self.
    I would have preferred an amalgam of Luke's and Vader's powers personally. One of these powers has to go and HM is a candidate or at least needs a "cost" to the hero for using it considering the affect it has on all around it.
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • Majzar wrote: »
    Emperor needs to be able to switch back and forth from force lightning to a lightsaber. Or two

Ready to see a dual lightsaber wielding character or two (or three)
    Turns things off and back on again. Drinker of coffee... Sith Roast
This discussion has been closed.