criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission

Community Transmission — May the Fourth Special Event

Prev13
EA_Charlemagne
60 posts EA Community Manager
edited April 30
hqhirerkvlsc.png

Incoming transmission!

As mentioned in the recent release notes Community Transmission for April's update, we’re having an in-game event in Battlefront™ II to celebrate Star Wars Day!

The prize of this event is the iconic A New Hope appearance for Leia Organa: Princess! Here’s how you can unlock this appearance.

udl9366y6jop.png
Objective: Capture the command posts!

Collectively, 4 million command posts need to be captured in Capital Supremacy. If you capture more than one command post, you still count each time.

Duration: 1st May-6th May

In the spirit of good sportsmanship, it’s only fair to give you all more than one day to achieve this prize! The event will run for about a week, starting from the stroke of midnight in Sweden on the 1st and lasting until 11:59 PM CET on the 6th.

How to claim the prize: Log in before the 7th!

Simple enough, right? Once the total has been reached, simply jump into Battlefront II and you’ll be awarded a prize crate with the appearance in it.

This appearance is available between the 1st and 6th of May. The prize will be available for all players from when the 4 millionth command post point is earned and will be available to be claimed until 11:59 PM CET on the 6th and will be announced on EA Star Wars’ Twitter.

Log in any time between the 1st and 6th after the total is reached and you’ll find yourself with Leia’s iconic appearance!

As a quick recap:
  • Collectively, 4 million command posts are captured
  • One player counts as one point towards the total
  • Event starts at 12:00 AM CET 1st May 2019
  • Event ends at 12:00 AM CET 7th May 2019
  • Once the total is reached, the prize can be claimed by any players logging into the game until the end of 6 May 2019.

Good luck to everyone, and may the Force be with you.
Post edited by EA_Charlemagne on

Replies

• ElrikVonreg
    29 posts Member
    edited April 30
    Cant wait! lets get it!
    vp5mrloc8rmu.gif
  • jordi1337
    1397 posts Member
    and where can i see how many we have accomplished? or you planning on leaving us in the dark ?
  • jordi1337
    1397 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    jordi1337 wrote: »
    and where can i see how many we have accomplished? or you planning on leaving us in the dark ?

Why would they stop leaving us in the dark now?

because they want to have a better communication?
  • Quick real question. What if we are short a couple hundred? Will there be another way we get it?
  • bfloo
    15733 posts Member

2shwx5wpylpt.png
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• jordi1337
    1397 posts Member

2shwx5wpylpt.png

ikr
  • Smattonellus
    730 posts Member
    edited April 30
    KlownShueS wrote: »
    Quick real question. What if we are short a couple hundred? Will there be another way we get it?

Well it would be counter productive to make a new skin and let it sit there. If the goal isn't reached it will be purchasable for 40k. That's 99% sure
  • I don't really play cs enough. I guess this is a good enough reason to play it!
  • As usual:

- infantry only game mode
    - Weapons
  • PO1977
    41 posts Member
    Quick real question. What if we are short a couple hundred? Will there be another way we get it?

Well it would be counter productive to make a new skin and let it sit there. If the goal isn't reached it will be purchasable for 40k. That's 99% sure

100% certain it'll be buyable, but I'm pretty sure it'll be 80k.
  • Haha! So what happens if we don’t collectively take 4 million command posts?
  • Haha! So what happens if we don’t collectively take 4 million command posts?

That's what I said people are telling credits for later at 40 to 80000. But I would like an official word on that.
  • Gonna play all night long! I'm lucky to live next to Sweden. :wink:
  • 4m?! That's way too many.
  • 4m?! That's way too many.

Unless their talking about all worldwide platforms and every player playing.
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • MerovechI
    116 posts Member
    edited April 30
    Is this collectively across all platforms? Because this will never happen on just PC...
  • jordi1337 wrote: »

They didn't show us how many hours of gameplay we were completing for the Leia Endor skin in BF2015, but we still got it. I imagine whether the target is achieved or not, they'll still give us the skin.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • Oh of course it's CS...
  • PO1977 wrote: »

It's a rare skin so 40k
  • Darth_Vapor3
    4163 posts Member
    edited April 30

They didn't show us how many hours of gameplay we were completing for the Leia Endor skin in BF2015, but we still got it. I imagine whether the target is achieved or not, they'll still give us the skin.

Yes. It will be proudly proclaimed that 4 million command posts were taken and we’ll all get the Leia skin. This, regardless of what actually happens.

Perhaps 4 million isn’t such a high mark to shoot for anyway. Only they have the metrics.
  • Sorry but this is the weakest, pathetic event yet! All the Star Wars Universe in the palm of your hands and this is the best you can do?
  • Tspell202 wrote: »
    Sorry but this is the weakest, pathetic event yet! All the Star Wars Universe in the palm of your hands and this is the best you can do?

I think it's great. The most requested skin in Star Wars and you don't even have to do anything yourself. whatever. More skin for the rest of us. :)
  • KlownShueS wrote: »

PO1977 wrote: »

100% certain it won't be purchaseable. We're all going to get this skin for free after the event whether we hit the target or not. DICE will tell us we hit the target even if we don't because the point of this event is to get everybody to play CS and by rewarding us with a skin it will make future events like this seem worth it, even if it forces people to play modes they don't like.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
  • Batman20
    1874 posts Member
    Interesting idea let's hope we reach the number then although I doubt it will matter if we don't we will just have to buy it
  • Just so everyone knows he tweeted saying it won't be purchasable 3hi43lbvd6c1.jpg
  • Please, give us a sale on the game in Origin again, I have friends who want to join in the game and would appreciate the offer! I bought this game for $4.50 last month and it has been the best thing I had bought in years. Thank you so much for all your constant effort.
  • Relmets
    2248 posts Member
    edited May 1
    Just so everyone knows he tweeted saying it won't be purchasable 3hi43lbvd6c1.jpg

...That's it! I'm done with this game. If these big wigs responsible for this game can't even make the one skin I waited since launch be easily purchasable, what's the point. I don't have time to play this challenge. Life does that sometimes. This is the last straw that shattered my patience for this game. Instead of realizing the possibility that some players maybe busy at the time of the challenge, and therefore making it available through purchasing via grinding or crystals after the challenge, they make it a one-time-thing? **** you, Battlefront team

Just make sure you sign in to collect it before the 6th or whatever and you should be good bud
    skincarver wrote: »
    As usual:

- infantry only game mode
    - Weapons

dis
    Post edited by Relmets on
    [+3748 posts]
  • That’s cool! Hey I’ve reached rank 50. But feel like my XP is wasted now. Doesn’t count for anything... open it up to 100?
  • Who cares. If it takes going through Blaster Battle Modes to get this “Episode 4 Leia Skin”....Then so be it! I’m definitely taking part in this event just to unlock this for my Leia Character.

I’ve always been a player of ‘Heroes vs Villains Mode’ but I’ll take a weeks break from that mode, to get this Leia Skin for my character....I been waiting for this sort of Skin to be introduced into this game.
  • UrbanGlitch
    3214 posts Member
    Well, crap......I guess I won't be able to get the skin.
    Could you at least make it purchasable if we complete the challenge? Make it more expensive if you want
  • This is so fantastic! We've waited a loooooooooooooooooong time for this Appearance for Leia. Excellent work, DICE. I can't wait to get it for her! :smiley:
    "All wings report in."
  • meshugene89
    3531 posts Member
    Just so everyone knows he tweeted saying it won't be purchasable 3hi43lbvd6c1.jpg

...That's it! I'm done with this game. If these big wigs responsible for this game can't even make the one skin I waited since launch be easily purchasable, what's the point. I don't have time to play this challenge. Life does that sometimes. This is the last straw that shattered my patience for this game. Instead of realizing the possibility that some players maybe busy at the time of the challenge, and therefore making it available through purchasing via grinding or crystals after the challenge, they make it a one-time-thing? **** you, Battlefront team

You'll get the skin because other people will be playing the game for you, that's why it's called a "Community Challenge". They're not asking you to personally capture 4 million CPs, they're not even asking you to capture 1 CP, all you have to do is log-in sometime after the event is over to claim the skin. That's it. I'm pretty sure that's not going to be too difficult for you.
    My Concepts
  • meshugene89
    3531 posts Member
    Could you at least make it purchasable if we complete the challenge? Make it more expensive if you want

Yes you will because other people will be playing this game and whether or not the community collectively captures 4 million CPs or not, DICE are still going to give everybody the Leia skin. They're not going to say, "Sorry guys, you were short by 10,000 CPs. Better luck next time.", they're going to either just say, "Congratulations! Here's the Leia skin.", or they'll come with a number above 4 million and say that's what we captured.
    Either way, we are getting this skin for free after May 6th, so can everybody please stop with their whining about "I can't play, make it purchaseable"?
    My Concepts
  • It will be very easy
  • UrbanGlitch
    3214 posts Member

Yes you will because other people will be playing this game and whether or not the community collectively captures 4 million CPs or not, DICE are still going to give everybody the Leia skin. They're not going to say, "Sorry guys, you were short by 10,000 CPs. Better luck next time.", they're going to either just say, "Congratulations! Here's the Leia skin.", or they'll come with a number above 4 million and say that's what we captured.
    Either way, we are getting this skin for free after May 6th, so can everybody please stop with their whining about "I can't play, make it purchaseable"?

I think you missed the point, I am unable to log in before May 7th, in which after that, the skin will no longer be available and they have said that they have no plans to make it purchasable. This means I have no way of getting the skin at all
  • That’s cool! Hey I’ve reached rank 50. But feel like my XP is wasted now. Doesn’t count for anything... open it up to 100?

They have said many times, there are not changing it from the level 50 cap.
  • Just so everyone knows he tweeted saying it won't be purchasable 3hi43lbvd6c1.jpg

...That's it! I'm done with this game. If these big wigs responsible for this game can't even make the one skin I waited since launch be easily purchasable, what's the point. I don't have time to play this challenge. Life does that sometimes. This is the last straw that shattered my patience for this game. Instead of realizing the possibility that some players maybe busy at the time of the challenge, and therefore making it available through purchasing via grinding or crystals after the challenge, they make it a one-time-thing? [Removed, cool it with the swearing please ~Rtas]

All you have to do is log in once... You do not have to even play the game mode, but I would make sure to be be involved in capturing one point to be safe,
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!