criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Community Transmission — May the Fourth Special Event

Replies

• Well, crap......I guess I won't be able to get the skin.
    Could you at least make it purchasable if we complete the challenge? Make it more expensive if you want

It says you just have to log in once. That should be pretty easy unless you are "away" for a week.
  • UrbanGlitch
    3281 posts Member
    Well, crap......I guess I won't be able to get the skin.
    Could you at least make it purchasable if we complete the challenge? Make it more expensive if you want

It says you just have to log in once. That should be pretty easy unless you are "away" for a week.

I am away, which is the problem

Sorry dude. A lot of games do this event driven item/skin/weapon and it blows. BO4 makes you grind or pay for them,
    hardcore.
  • UrbanGlitch
    3281 posts Member

Sorry dude. A lot of games do this event driven item/skin/weapon and it blows. BO4 makes you grind or pay for them,
    hardcore.

I wouldn’t have a problem with it if it wasn’t such an iconic skin
  • Tbh, i think for FOUR MILLION, they should also give us credits or a farmboy luke skin with it, not just a leia that i can buy later
  • grimmace2
    1269 posts Member
    TheWookie7 wrote: »
    Tbh, i think for FOUR MILLION, they should also give us credits or a farmboy luke skin with it, not just a leia that i can buy later

Four million is an arbitrary number they ame up with that should be attainable within the pre-determined window. They are trying to drive traffic to the mode. The "reward" is literally for doing the same thing people would be doing anyway. It's more of a goodwill gesture than a reward. Plus, they've said this skin will NOT be purchasable later, probably as an incentive to drive MORE people to the mode. Let's not bite the hand offering us a free cookie.
  • Ultrastar
    80 posts Member
    "Aren't you a bit short for a stormtrooper?"
  • How many command posts left?
  • Bo_mb91
    34 posts Member
    3 millions
  • How many command posts left now?
  • quenaelin
    1101 posts Member
    Great event, finally some good challenge. I also like that this skin will be event exclusive and not purchaseable.

hardcore.

hardcore.

I suppose @0badmonkey0 has a point in that there are many games that do events like this one in that they give away unique rewards for those who participate as the only mean of claiming it, so this kind of practice is something that is not really new.

However, I share the same point of view as @UrbanGlitch in that, in my opinion, this skin may be too iconic to make it as an exclusive reward. It would've been something else like the Boushh skin (obviously it has already been released to be purchased, but this simply mentioned to imagine it as an example). Unfortunately, just like @UrbanGlitch, I won't be able to get a chance to get the Princess skin before the 7th because I am also away, which it sucks...

I guess Dice purposely made the Princess skin exclusive in order to make it even more special than the other skins, or otherwise it would've be just another new skin to unlock by purchasing in a normal way, and that's kinda understandable. However, it is important to note that probably many people (including myself) did not fully expected that this reward was to be so suddenly confirmed by Ben as an exclusive only, which is the only real problem here. Even Elliot of BattlefrontUpdates was surprised by this confirmation, as he not only thought that this reward was not to be exclusive but also highly doubted that this would've be exclusive (to those who don't know who Elliot is, he is a YouTuber by the name of BattlefrontUpdates with a solid and trustworthy reputation to many in the community who covers BF2's news very, very well, and knows how to go straight to the point. He's even one of the few who is very close to the people of Dice).
    PSN: FriedPizza773
  • UrbanGlitch
    3281 posts Member

hardcore.

hardcore.

I suppose @0badmonkey0 has a point in that there are many games that do events like this one in that they give away unique rewards for those who participate as the only mean of claiming it, so this kind of practice is something that is not really new.

However, I share the same point of view as @UrbanGlitch in that, in my opinion, this skin may be too iconic to make it as an exclusive reward. It would've been something else like the Boushh skin (obviously it has already been released to be purchased, but this simply mentioned to imagine it as an example). Unfortunately, just like @UrbanGlitch, I won't be able to get a chance to get the Princess skin before the 7th because I am also away, which it sucks...

I guess Dice purposely made the Princess skin exclusive in order to make it even more special than the other skins, or otherwise it would've be just another new skin to unlock by purchasing in a normal way, and that's kinda understandable. However, it is important to note that probably many people (including myself) did not fully expected that this reward was to be so suddenly confirmed by Ben as an exclusive only, which is the only real problem here. Even Elliot of BattlefrontUpdates was surprised by this confirmation, as he not only thought that this reward was not to be exclusive but also highly doubted that this would've be exclusive (to those who don't know who Elliot is, he is a YouTuber by the name of BattlefrontUpdates with a solid and trustworthy reputation to many in the community who covers BF2's news very, very well, and knows how to go straight to the point. He's even one of the few who is very close to the people of Dice).

You've hit the nail damn well on the head
  • Unwarycoin
    6452 posts Member
    If they open it to being purchased, or make it available in future events that'd be fine, but if it's a one time deal then that would be bad.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Gotta say ...after playing a lot more CS past 24 hours. The ARC trooper is hard to deal with on the opposite end. I love playing as them. But wow. On the tight corridors of the ships in CS they can down many at a time. I'm trying to counter with battledroids. I'll keep trying. But the BX is an infiltrator. Kinda. The ARC is a tank almost. Oh. And combine anakin with 4 ARC troopers trying to set the objective on the ship in CS with the droids.... droids aren't getting in there. Love the game. I complain a lot. Like having fun when I play too.
  • FriedPizza773
    1182 posts Member
    edited May 2
    For my feedback to this event: Dice and EA, I have no problem with the idea to make cosmetic rewards like skins to be exclusive. However, my advice is that, for the future, you should make such an important announcements in at least approximately a month or two before the event like this one to give some players a possible chance to participate for the exclusive rewards, especially those rewards that fully guarantee once-in-a-lifetime. Doing so suddenly in a few days or even a week before the event without players knowing of what to expect is not the best way to go. Events like this that give the players exclusive rewards are way too important to be announced in such a short time before it begins and ends.

Sure, most players can easily participate the event by logging in as many tend to be in their home/place with their gaming platform by the time this event has already been launched. But there are always other players in any time of any years, particularly those who are in their travel or simply away from their gaming platform for a while, or those who are just maybe taking a long break from BF2 and does not constantly checking the news, will not get a better chance to at least try to plan ahead to see whether they can or cannot get the exclusive rewards, if not expecting the event's conditions soon enough. By the time it was confirmed that this exclusive reward has been announced, I was already away from my PS4 and I will still be away even after the 7th, so there's no way for me to be able to get to my console or in another way to log on in time (otherwise I would've have no problem when I normally tend to have my PS4 to play by now).

In this case as an example, the Princess skin and more importantly its conditions as an exclusive reward should have been announced at least in about the first week of April. If given plenty of time, some players who will be away may be able to plan ahead by either bringing along their console/pc, or even changing some of their schedules by allowing them to participate the event just before they go, while some other players who only check the news once in a while may become aware of it in time. I understand you cannot be absolutely perfect when planing to make big announcements in terms of time and how you do it, but surely you have the potential to be more flexible to the community like you did many times before.
    Post edited by FriedPizza773 on
  • I'll be on vacation.
    Well done
  • MASSEFFECTfanX
    347 posts Member
    edited May 2
    I keep getting booted off of Supremacy after the loading screen...okay it's fixed. Still have a long way to go. only at 1.8 million.
    Post edited by MASSEFFECTfanX on
  • I keep getting booted off of Supremacy after the loading screen...okay it's fixed. Still have a long way to go. only at 1.8 million.

That's almost half
  • SnakeMajin
    477 posts Member
    I've just realized that I played CS all evening yesterday, to in the end not be able to claim the skin, I helped getting, since I'm on holiday tomorrow.

You really are missing your opportunities on very simple things.
  • Sniffy44
    424 posts Member
    I keep getting booted off of Supremacy after the loading screen...okay it's fixed. Still have a long way to go. only at 1.8 million.

That's almost half

halfway done after only 1.5 days with 4 days left, I'd say we're going to hit the target
  • Could you add a FOV cursor control on consoles in a next update?
  • @F8RGE @EA_Charlemagne

As a Feedback to this event, it would be awesome if you make these events weekly or just give us special weekly challenges to unlock new skins.

For me as a player with over 1.7 million credits and everything maxed out are these challenges like fresh air and a good Motivation to play this game. At the beginning of February, I‘ve started to play Apex everyday. Now this event is fun with a special reward.

Also @AZZATRU, a Star Wars Youtuber, presents every week the top 5 Battlefront 2 Mods of the week, and with over 50 Episodes, there is a lot of stuff that could eventually find the way to Battlefront.

So to give even veteran players something to go for, please make these style of community challenge or skin challenges weekly.
  • UrbanGlitch
    3281 posts Member
    SnakeMajin wrote: »
    I've just realized that I played CS all evening yesterday, to in the end not be able to claim the skin, I helped getting, since I'm on holiday tomorrow.

You really are missing your opportunities on very simple things.

Wow, that really is crap. Your situation points out the major problem with this format
  • Did I read it right 4.000.000 cmd posts to unlock Leia
  • UrbanGlitch
    3281 posts Member
    Smuggly1 wrote: »
    Did I read it right 4.000.000 cmd posts to unlock Leia

Yes
  • Day 2 into the event, I hopped on. Already over 2,029,000. So progress is being made. Nice progress too. And of course more folks will hop on Fri/Sat as the weekend (for most begins). It'll be fine.
  • MBSONIC
    393 posts Member
    “We’ve hidden in the shadows for too long. We must join forces and put an end to this regime!” - Batman - Injustice: Gods among us. AKA LETS DO THIS!(not screaming, just having fun).
    “Your overconfidence is your weakness.” - Luke Skywalker
  • UNSANE_fan75
    1635 posts Member
    Even if we unlock the Princess Skin, I'll still be using her Boushh skin cause I paid $80k for it, and the emotes are pretty cool. But I will contribute to this challenge nonetheless! I like how CS switches maps each game so you don't have to play each one twice like in GA.
    "Rise."
  • Unwarycoin
    6452 posts Member
    For my feedback to this event: Dice and EA, I have no problem with the idea to make cosmetic rewards like skins to be exclusive. However, my advice is that, for the future, you should make such an important announcements in at least approximately a month or two before the event like this one to give some players a possible chance to participate for the exclusive rewards, especially those rewards that fully guarantee once-in-a-lifetime. Doing so suddenly in a few days or even a week before the event without players knowing of what to expect is not the best way to go. Events like this that give the players exclusive rewards are way too important to be announced in such a short time before it begins and ends.

Sure, most players can easily participate the event by logging in as many tend to be in their home/place with their gaming platform by the time this event has already been launched. But there are always other players in any time of any years, particularly those who are in their travel or simply away from their gaming platform for a while, or those who are just maybe taking a long break from BF2 and does not constantly checking the news, will not get a better chance to at least try to plan ahead to see whether they can or cannot get the exclusive rewards, if not expecting the event's conditions soon enough. By the time it was confirmed that this exclusive reward has been announced, I was already away from my PS4 and I will still be away even after the 7th, so there's no way for me to be able to get to my console or in another way to log on in time (otherwise I would've have no problem when I normally tend to have my PS4 to play by now).

In this case as an example, the Princess skin and more importantly its conditions as an exclusive reward should have been announced at least in about the first week of April. If given plenty of time, some players who will be away may be able to plan ahead by either bringing along their console/pc, or even changing some of their schedules by allowing them to participate the event just before they go, while some other players who only check the news once in a while may become aware of it in time. I understand you cannot be absolutely perfect when planing to make big announcements in terms of time and how you do it, but surely you have the potential to be more flexible to the community like you did many times before.

I would like to note that as a completionist, I am fully against once in a life time content as a rule, and only make exceptions for legal issues (I never did get all the DLC for Activision’s Transformers since I kept procrastinating).
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Even if we unlock the Princess Skin, I'll still be using her Boushh skin cause I paid $80k for it, and the emotes are pretty cool. But I will contribute to this challenge nonetheless! I like how CS switches maps each game so you don't have to play each one twice like in GA.

once the anakin nerf comes CS will be the go to mode. I personally like CS its a much better mode to GA and more of an epic star wars battle.
  • MASSEFFECTfanX
    347 posts Member
    edited May 3
    Even if we unlock the Princess Skin, I'll still be using her Boushh skin cause I paid $80k for it,

Not me. I waited too long for this skin, and this will be her permanent one.

• Even if we unlock the Princess Skin, I'll still be using her Boushh skin cause I paid $80k for it,

Not me. I waited too long for this skin, and this will be her permanent one.
    I agree, I had always wanted This skin
  • Mouthrax
    522 posts Member

Yes you will because other people will be playing this game and whether or not the community collectively captures 4 million CPs or not, DICE are still going to give everybody the Leia skin. They're not going to say, "Sorry guys, you were short by 10,000 CPs. Better luck next time.", they're going to either just say, "Congratulations! Here's the Leia skin.", or they'll come with a number above 4 million and say that's what we captured.
    Either way, we are getting this skin for free after May 6th, so can everybody please stop with their whining about "I can't play, make it purchaseable"?

I think you missed the point, I am unable to log in before May 7th, in which after that, the skin will no longer be available and they have said that they have no plans to make it purchasable. This means I have no way of getting the skin at all

I wouldn't worry because last year they offered skins for challenges but people who found the challenge too hard or couldn't login complained and Dice simply ran the challenge again and made it easier 🙄
  • Tomer
    4 posts Member
    jordi1337 wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    jordi1337 wrote: »
    and where can i see how many we have accomplished? or you planning on leaving us in the dark ?

Why would they stop leaving us in the dark now?

because they want to have a better communication?

You will see the amount of points as like as all the challenges
  • UNSANE_fan75
    1635 posts Member
    Even if we unlock the Princess Skin, I'll still be using her Boushh skin cause I paid $80k for it, and the emotes are pretty cool. But I will contribute to this challenge nonetheless! I like how CS switches maps each game so you don't have to play each one twice like in GA.

once the anakin nerf comes CS will be the go to mode. I personally like CS its a much better mode to GA and more of an epic star wars battle.

I agree, but CS doesn't take place in "Iconic Star Wars Locations" which is a huge reason to play this game. I want to play in locations I saw in the movies. I don't remember being aboard the droid ship, know what I mean?
    "Rise."
  • centra28
    12 posts Member
    cracked 3 mil last night. i’ve spent all of my spare personal time only playing sw bf2 CS, so... this is my community service. yay community!
  • nas9091
    125 posts Member
    Fantastic idea, do it every month.
  • 6pm EST. May 3rd. 3.8 million. Nice job.
  • Unwarycoin
    6452 posts Member
    6pm EST. May 3rd. 3.8 million. Nice job.

We’re gonna make it!
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • I randomly backed out of a CS match after having my fill. The Princess skin was waiting for me in a crate. We did it folks. Excellent work.
  • hosco33
    330 posts Member
    I've seen a message (quickly disappeared) the challenge was successful, and saw a buddy with the skin, but mine is still locked
  • Ladies and Gentlemen we got em
  • No Leia crate.

I logged in multiple times. I captured multiple points in CS. No Leia skin crate. Skin still locked. Anyone else?
  • Not sure but I've gone from error code 1707 to 2593. Restarted the game, xbox and even modem. Did the server crash?
  • MBSONIC
    393 posts Member
    Not sure but I've gone from error code 1707 to 2593. Restarted the game, xbox and even modem. Did the server crash?

I’ve gotten this error too.
    “Your overconfidence is your weakness.” - Luke Skywalker
  • hosco33
    330 posts Member
    No Leia crate.

I logged in multiple times. I captured multiple points in CS. No Leia skin crate. Skin still locked. Anyone else?

It's on the loot boxes, the red one.

BTW, nerf Leia DICE, she's a beast
  • Unwarycoin wrote: »

I would like to note that as a completionist, I am fully against once in a life time content as a rule, and only make exceptions for legal issues (I never did get all the DLC for Activision’s Transformers since I kept procrastinating).

Well I do understand where you are coming from, and as a completionist myself I also would've prefer more to have the devs making only non-exclusive rewards than making a few of those that are exclusive-only. That being said, I also understand where does Dice was coming from -- they probably wanted to make the exclusive skin much more special and unique it terms of the conditions of how to get it, and of course making it related as part of the May the Fourth celebration (though in my opinion I find the Princess skin itself to be too iconic to be worthy as an exclusive reward, it should've be something more-or-less exotic). I suppose this exclusive reward is also another way to say thank you to those who are playing today and are still playing ever since from November 17, 2017 (the date when BF2 was officially released) all the way til' May 7, 2019.

The bright side about this is that this exclusive reward is only cosmetic, meaning that this isn't something that affects the gameplay mechanism (at least in terms of anything other than the skin's color that either helps or hinders the characters that makes him/her either easy or harder to spot depending on the map's environment). Now imagine that the exclusive reward would've be a pair of new Heroes like Ahsoka and Ventress, or even the imported Heroes from the predecessor like Jyn Erso and Director Krennic -- that would probably be really bad. I also would not like the idea for other prizes (at least for certain games like BF2) such as new weapons or even new Star Cards as exclusive rewards, unless perhaps the new weapons have the exact same stats and mods as the ones already in the game, or unless they rerelease the old weapons but with special effects or in different colors for cosmetic reasons only.
  • Unwarycoin
    6452 posts Member
    MBSONIC wrote: »
    Not sure but I've gone from error code 1707 to 2593. Restarted the game, xbox and even modem. Did the server crash?

I’ve gotten this error too.

On one day I got it three or more times in a row (even after resetting), but then it stopped. It is crashing a lot though, and I don’t know what’s causing it.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
This discussion has been closed.