criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Starfighter Assault Thread

Replies

• It only took a year for a response of idk, maybe, maybe not... Well at least we know we are visible now. Game got so stale for me I had to take a 3 month break to annihilate the Batman Arkham trilogy (sans Origins) that I had missed out on previously. If nothing new for SA, particularly new maps, then I may disappear into Skyrim for awhile (which I also have not played before).
  • Alwe15
    1030 posts Member
    It only took a year for a response of idk, maybe, maybe not... Well at least we know we are visible now. Game got so stale for me I had to take a 3 month break to annihilate the Batman Arkham trilogy (sans Origins) that I had missed out on previously. If nothing new for SA, particularly new maps, then I may disappear into Skyrim for awhile (which I also have not played before).

What an awesome Trilogy!!
  • Same here, it’s the reason I got BF2 - SFA.

Seeing the predictions on YouTube via the SW Celebration tweets makes me realise I won’t be coming back to this game, sadly.

I’ve only been off it for two weeks but tbh I’ve not missed it. Still coming here though; want to get the gen on the game.

pH
  • E_ABZU
    447 posts Member
    Can we get the chicken from Tako as an additional star fighter? Maybe it can have all of Anakin's abilities.
  • For Clone Wars season, we need more Hero Starfighters and maps.

Heroes:

-The Twilight (Light Side)

-Soulless One (Dark Side)

-Captain Jag's ARC-170 (Light Side)

-Vanadu Blood (Dark Side)

Maps:

Naboo (With Lucrehulk-Class Capital Ship)

Coruscant

Visla Keep 09

Anyone agree?
    Where's the offline content?
    ehwmyfbp0dvm.gif
  • So then, if the numbers and data show that SA is a really good mode and a deciding factor for many in purchasing the game itself. What then could be the reason the mode is so neglected for any new content?

Money?

Politics?

Copyrights / Licensing?

Some other internal company desicions?

Difficulty / Time issues of the obvious complexity in creating SA maps and content?

What then?

I will tell you this...If Criterion somehow had the Rogue Squadron license and released ANY kind of Rogue Squadron game that is a definite buy for me. They could even take Rogue Leader from the Gamecube and redo it with the SA engine and I would buy it. But I think the SA engine is just the Frostbite engine that is tweaked or modified. Maybe someone can enlighten me about this.

• hsf_
    1855 posts Member
    SrawDawg wrote: »
    So then, if the numbers and data show that SA is a really good mode and a deciding factor for many in purchasing the game itself. What then could be the reason the mode is so neglected for any new content?

Money?

Politics?

Copyrights / Licensing?

Some other internal company desicions?

Difficulty / Time issues of the obvious complexity in creating SA maps and content?

What then?

I will tell you this...If Criterion somehow had the Rogue Squadron license and released ANY kind of Rogue Squadron game that is a definite buy for me. They could even take Rogue Leader from the Gamecube and redo it with the SA engine and I would buy it. But I think the SA engine is just the Frostbite engine that is tweaked or modified. Maybe someone can enlighten me about this.

Criterion likely have other obligations, they're not exactly the biggest developers and in recent years have been helping other developers with projects(such as the campaign and SA for SWBF2). They also recently remastered Burnout Paradise, so they likely have a small dev team keeping track of that, as well as Battlefield V BR mode Firestorm which they also played a part in(I think?).
  • We finally get a mod in here!

By the way, if the answer wasn't possitive, at least they are aware of our matter now.

Looking at SFA in general, I still enjoy playing it. Nearly every evening they are some really good pilots out there on PS4 which make the mode still attracting even though there is nothing really new. Hope we will get some content with ep9 but I don't expect anything anymore for this mod.
  • "no current plans" is the new "soon"
  • Starfighter assault needs more love ! Death star assault ? Cruiser vs cruiser ? Please support !
  • I love SFA! Sadly its really hard to find a match on Xbox. Maybe some new content would get more people playing it?
  • grimmace2
    1198 posts Member
    I love SFA! Sadly its really hard to find a match on Xbox. Maybe some new content would get more people playing it?

Change your ping site. I'll change to Germany/Virginia in the morning (US West Coast) and change to Oregon at night. Generally don't have a problem finding matches.
  • SrawDawg
    909 posts Member
    Really hate how there is no bombers for the new trilogy era when it's canon the resistance uses y wings (in comics) and in the last Jedi you can see first order bombers during the holo scene with dj and during the battle of crait

Yeah I didn't quite understand that either when I watched TLJ. Instead of a sleek Y- wing design they had cumbersome behemoth bombers that moved very slowly. I heard someone compare it to the original trilogies ideas of having ww2 bomber nostalgia like the multiple gun positions on the Millenium Falcon like the multiple gun positions on the B -17 flying fortress bomber from WW2.
  • After taking a break for several weeks to play the new Ace Combat, I realize how janky the starfighter controls are. Flying in AC is sublime. It's not easy, but it's also not needlessly difficult. Tracking an enemy through aerobatic maneuvers is actually possible if you can make use of all your control surfaces. I really think it comes down to button mapping and a more analog input progression. Making fine adjustments when gunfighting (or laserfighting) is a breeze. Evasive maneuvers don't result in loss of control. There's also tons of targets to shoot at in every level and you have to stay on your toes to take them out. Mostly though it's just the variety within each mission, and the fact it's always fun and challenging to play. I realize BF2 isn't just a starfighter game, so having that kind of diversity in maps and targets isn't possible. Still, I wish we could have more going on that just the few maps and objectives that exist now.
  • SrawDawg
    909 posts Member
    I don't know what else to say here that has not been said already. SA needs more. More everything. Too good of a mode I think to simply abandon and never do anything with again and yet continue updating other parts of this game.SA should probably be involved in CS in the ship phase somehow. That way none has to worry about "strafing runs" while on the ground phase. No option for starfighters till that second phase. The SA players could be doing something on the outside of the capital ship that would somehow link with whats going on inside. I have no idea what that could be........shield generators? engines? weapons, alternate pathways the inside team could take? It might look like the last phase of Kamino on Starfighter Assault for example.
  • More Starfighter Assault Maps Please :)

Agreed. Another survey is up fellow pilots. Time to make some strafing runs asking for SA content. They're listening right @F8RGE ?
    #StarWars-y
  • I hate to say it but those calling for bomers on ST maps are the kinds of players that rely on their crutch abilities.

I.E the Y wings ion turret. Which is used by poor pilots so they can spawn. Hit the turret immediately and hit anyone around them to slow them to a crawl so they can actually hit them.

Then theres the TIE Bomber which is primarily chosen to use the disruptor so that the person can not be shot at for a while.

Granted the tie bomber is way less of a crutch as a good a wing pilot can still eassssily shoot down a tie bomber. But its a crutch none the less.

Now before people jump on me saying im salty. I have noooo problem with people using. Bombers to play the objective. I used to use TIE bombers on endor to take down the blockade runners. (Now i just jump in a tie fighter and shred the rebellion and let grunts do the obj work). But it is startling how quickly players will jump into a y wing the moment theyve been killed by a ds hero ship. (Boba in particular) So they can use the revenge marker to find said ship immediately and pop their ion turret and spam that to gang up on the hero ship.

Now while its a smart tactic. You cant take pride in that at all. You cant walk away from that thinking you are a skilled player cause it took absolutely no skill.

Also if you were skilled youd realise that boba can be taken down eaaaasily by 1 good a wing.

Basically if youre a great pilot you have no excuse to fly anything but an a wing or a tri fighter. (Tie fighters are just as valid as tie interceptors and both have perks) they can do it all.

What i find most funny is you get level 40 bombers and when you calmly ask them to be honest and explain why they constantly use a y wing, they will make up whatever excuse they can rather than just say what i and every other pilot with self respect knows to be true. Which is "because i am bad at the game and cant hit anything unless its flying at a ridiculously low speed.

Oooor because i have my panties in a twist cause you killed my luke or poe or yoda or tallie with your ds hero ship and so now im going to get out the y wing to get revenge.

That ended up a bit of a rant. I just hate y wings with a passion. Theyre the cheapest crap ever. Their turret should just be a normal turret not a turbo powered ion turret that slows you down and spray fires from allll the way accross the map. And like an arc (whose turret is perfectly acceptable) should just hit those directly behind it. Dont get me wrong its annoying being taken out by an arc turret but at least you know that when it happens its because you were stupid and got too close when it was firing off. Not because some person with no self respect got sore cause their hero got taken and now theyre spamming the auto kill button.

Anyone else think Y wings are a crutch?

(Before someone starts. I have no problem taking out y wings. Theyre usually canon fodder especially if youre in a tri fighter. However when the whole team get sore and all spawn in y wings you can do nothing about it and its the equivalent of anakin in sfa. I actually had a game the other day on fondor where 9 out of 12 players on the rebel team were in y wings the entire match. So you were constantly stunned from somewhere by an ion turret. I still beat them but it was really annoying.)
  • As i stated playing the obj with a bomber is fine as that is what they are intended for.

See again youre assuming that im having trouble. Im not the only times i dont get top player in sfa is if im playing with my squad of buddies at which point we all be top players and it comes down to who had the better game.

But chances are if you go for only obj and no kills you will never top me on a leaderboard as i tend to get between 80 and 150 plus kills on any sfa map (this is xbox not sure what pc stats are like but for xbox one. The average for even good players is maybe 30 kills per game) me and my crew consider it a bad game if we come out with less and 80 though.

So to re iterate. Bomber used to play obj and not dogfight. Is fine.

Bomber used to spam turret and revenge kill a hero. Is cheap and toxic.
  • E_ABZU
    447 posts Member
    edited May 2
    I've placed first several times recently with 5 kills or less and the top kills had anywhere from 65 to 95 kills. I do it often.

There are enough turrets in most maps to accomplish this feat.

And if you're a hero and you're going after a slow moving bomber, you suck at flying! And if you're that hero attacking my bomber, I will engage and slay you by all means possible including my lovely Ion Turret.
  • Yes but turret hunting takes no skill whatsoever.

In fact.if my crew see people turret hunting we will purposefully take out all turrets on the map and resume killing. Leaving those who just hunt turrets with little else to do.

Unless you can get 30k plus bp off just obj (which you cant ive played long enough to know this) then you wont top any of my boys by doing it cause on unknown regions for instance we will all have about 130 kills each and 30k plus score.
  • Futhermore if you have turret hunted your way to the top of a sub par lobby the how can you feel good about that? You know deep down that it took no skill and so if you then go off thinking youre the best in the game then you are sorely deluded.

Get out there and get some kills. You may find that you take pride in being a wrecking machine.
  • dirgerex
    85 posts Member
    Yes but turret hunting takes no skill whatsoever.

In fact.if my crew see people turret hunting we will purposefully take out all turrets on the map and resume killing. Leaving those who just hunt turrets with little else to do.

Unless you can get 30k plus bp off just obj (which you cant ive played long enough to know this) then you wont top any of my boys by doing it cause on unknown regions for instance we will all have about 130 kills each and 30k plus score.

Sigh. Another tryhard. Just because another player chooses to play the game DIFFERENTLY from you, automatically means they're not playing the game right, right? Get laid. We all may have DIFFERENT reasons for enjoying SFA, whether turret/objective hunting or dogfighting bragging weasels like yourself. Try to hard to not to judge lest you be judged. Hard.
  • Honestly I played bombers because I love playing the objective. Just like capturing and holding down an area in the other modes. I fly above the target way way way way up near the out of bounds and begin my slow descent of raining hell. Sometimes I admittedly use my turrets to hunt down some hot heads but I mostly love blowing ***** up
  • E_ABZU
    447 posts Member

lol, ya, ok.
  • E_ABZU
    447 posts Member
    edited May 2
    Futhermore if you have turret hunted your way to the top of a sub par lobby the how can you feel good about that? You know deep down that it took no skill and so if you then go off thinking youre the best in the game then you are sorely deluded.

Get out there and get some kills. You may find that you take pride in being a wrecking machine.

So you want me to play your game of several friends online, with a play pattern that attacks a group of randoms that have never played together before. WoW, such skill. I bet your teams sits in the opposing teams spawn too.

Go play fortnight.
  • E_ABZU wrote: »
    Futhermore if you have turret hunted your way to the top of a sub par lobby the how can you feel good about that? You know deep down that it took no skill and so if you then go off thinking youre the best in the game then you are sorely deluded.

So you want me to play your game of several friends online, with a play pattern that attacks a group of randoms that have never played together before. WoW, such skill. I bet your teams sits in the opposing teams spawn too.

Go play fortnight.

You make me laugh. Since its you who would lose miserably to me at sfa maybe you who should go play fortnite.

Im good here smashing teams in SFA.

If theres nobody left to kill elsewhere on the map hell yes im gonna spawn kill. I dont camp though i fly between areas killing everyone i see.

You get 5 seconds spawn protection and if you cant get out of your spawn and fight back thats your own problem. Ive been spawn camped by other teams before and after the first time i get spawn killed i fly evasively from the second i spawn and get my own back. If you cant do that... then you deserve to be spawn killed.

What has happened here is that you have gotten sore because you know that turret hunting does take no skill and now your pride is ***** so youre trying (and failing) to insult me.

So stop making me laugh.
  • dirgerex wrote: »

Sigh. Another tryhard. Just because another player chooses to play the game DIFFERENTLY from you, automatically means they're not playing the game right, right? Get laid. We all may have DIFFERENT reasons for enjoying SFA, whether turret/objective hunting or dogfighting bragging weasels like yourself. Try to hard to not to judge lest you be judged. Hard.

First of all im not a try hard because try hards dont succeed. I am a winner because i always win.

I will judge turret hunters as much as i want thank you because you should earn your points to get a hero ship. Not get them by cowardly hunting turrets.

You cant be proud of what you havent earned through hard work. Simple as that.
  • UrbanGlitch
    3212 posts Member
    Look MA! Get the CAMERA!! I've found a succeeding TRY-HARD!!!!
  • E_ABZU wrote: »

Go play fortnight.

Also we dont have an attack pattern. Our attack pattern is kill everyone on the map.

Once we are in hero ships we split up as much as possible and if youre in poe or boba you dont get help at all from the squad (noone watches your back) cause those 2 ships are more than capable of dominating alone.

So you assuming you know our playstyle is a joke and is making you look silly. We dont fly in any formation we just split up and kill everyone we see. We are only in party play so we can tell jokes with each other. So stop assuming cause youre making an ***** out of yourself.
  • Honestly I played bombers because I love playing the objective. Just like capturing and holding down an area in the other modes. I fly above the target way way way way up near the out of bounds and begin my slow descent of raining hell. Sometimes I admittedly use my turrets to hunt down some hot heads but I mostly love blowing **** up

As stated if you play bomber for the obj then that is fine as that is what they are intended for.
  • IIPrest0nII
    4573 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    @E_ABZU

Don't swear.
    Star Wars Battlefront Community Forums Moderator. I do not work for EA.
  • bfloo
    15713 posts Member
    I love SFA! Sadly its really hard to find a match on Xbox. Maybe some new content would get more people playing it?

EoR is especially bad for this mode on X1. I play a round, maybe after 10 minutes another will start.

I know some (maybe most) have this issue on every mode, but it is only SA for me, so I stopped even trying.

I know I can exit and search a new lobby, but it only loads me onto Kamino (a map I enjoy) or D'Qar (which I quit every time, just not a fan. The whole shield generator thing just comes off as annoying and dumb to me).
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• mastery0ta
    6259 posts Member
    Bump for us pilots
  • Can’t let it die
    #StarWars-y
  • hsf_
    1855 posts Member
    Can’t let it die

I played a game of SA for the first time in months the other day, I got so annoyed at how well this mode made because there is no content coming.
  • hsf_
    1855 posts Member
    A compromise: Killswitch Rey+Chewy Falcon as well as Lando+L33T Falcon, because we already have a bloody Falcon. Replace them with Leia in the N-1 Starfighter and Iden in an X-Wing, because it's all in the files ready to be used from the campaign.
  • Please we just need content !
    Death star !
    Capital ships Vs !
  • Moar content pleeease easily the best game modeeee
  • Alwe15
    1030 posts Member
    Fellow Pilots, could I ask you to voice your opinions on my Hero Starfighters topic as well? Thank you ☺

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/137957/hero-starfighters-time-for-a-change#latest
  • XP event still broken. Porkins.
    #StarWars-y
  • Need a SA Unleashed event.
    #StarWars-y
  • So tonight i got both my Poe and my Slave 1 to lvl 130 😎 only another 870 more to go 😐