criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Community Transmission

New Infiltrators-Rebels/Imps

Laser921
1972 posts Member
So I just found that the Rebel Infiltrators are now canon (all though of course all source material aside from them being in the Rebel Specforce is legends content) If we are eventually getting a third reinforcement for all factions, Id vote Infiltrators as the rebel reinforcement. That or a Bothan Commando is possible. Especially if we look at EAW: FOC, where the infiltrators were pretty awesome, long range, high powered sniper rifles, and could bomb things. Abilities could include an actually proximity mine, not a detonite charge, Second could be a beefed up version of electrobinoculars since the Infiltrators, at least from Empire At War, where like snipers more than anything else. Lastly we could see an ability that'd be a short duration for having an ion shot ability, for pesky vehicles.

On the flip side, not sure why we havent seen this yet but lets bring Shadow Troopers back. These guys were awesome in legends and fun the BF 2015. For abilities you got me, Im not sure what new can be added but Id say bring the cloaking ability. BUT to make it not super cheesy, add a drawback, like firing takes you out of the cloak or something.
Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force

Replies

• Lagodaki
    912 posts Member
    Please no more infiltrators, except maybe Bothan spies.
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif

I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction
  • UrbanGlitch
    3105 posts Member
    Laser921 wrote: »

On the flip side, not sure why we havent seen this yet but lets bring Shadow Troopers back. These guys were awesome in legends and fun the BF 2015. For abilities you got me, Im not sure what new can be added but Id say bring the cloaking ability. BUT to make it not super cheesy, add a drawback, like firing takes you out of the cloak or something.

Essentially, the reason we don't have Shadow Troopers is because the Death Troopers are the canon replacements. However, even if Shadows were an option, I would prefer something else such as the ISB Agent as they are more suited to 'Infiltration' than Shadows (also, I'm just not a fan of Shadow Troopers anyway)