criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Some of the Hero Changes Aimed for May

Replies

• More hero fiddling. Yippee. Think of all the extraction maps that could have been made if they used their time wisely.

Yeah, I'm sure making some maps for the couple hundred people that still play extraction would have been a wiser use of time than making hero balance changes that affect the 3 most popular modes in the game according to DICE's metrics (CS, GA, and HvV).

On a more serious note, let us not forget that Guillaume, the Hero designer, doesn't have anything to do with map development.

If they put out a mode with more than two maps, they might have a player base to speak of. We'll never know though because eyelashes are the priority.

You can't get more if too many had already left, it's a game on life support and nothing is going to change that.
  • holstar1993
    1413 posts Member
    More hero fiddling. Yippee. Think of all the extraction maps that could have been made if they used their time wisely.

Yeah, I'm sure making some maps for the couple hundred people that still play extraction would have been a wiser use of time than making hero balance changes that affect the 3 most popular modes in the game according to DICE's metrics (CS, GA, and HvV).

On a more serious note, let us not forget that Guillaume, the Hero designer, doesn't have anything to do with map development.

If they put out a mode with more than two maps, they might have a player base to speak of. We'll never know though because eyelashes are the priority.

You can't get more if too many had already left, it's a game on life support and nothing is going to change that.

Better chance adding maps than making Yoda jump higher.
  • Dmsea1
    23 posts Member
    BOBA! YES!
  • DarthCapa2
    3007 posts Member
    Finally, very good changes.
    But where is Vader choke damages vs infantry up?
  • DarthCapa2 wrote: »

He won't need it. Can already 1 shot troopers & focused rage come the next update. Hok, furious resilience & last grasp are the set up I'm going to use in GA. But now that he has damage reduction the tighter grip card might be better
  • skincarver
    780 posts Member
    More hero fiddling. Yippee. Think of all the extraction maps that could have been made if they used their time wisely.

Haven’t you heard? Player numbers are as high as in the month of release
    /s
  • KresusFIN
    2801 posts Member
    TopGun_15 wrote: »
    My only concern is Bobba’s in air recovery shouldn’t work when hit with force powers, I agree he shouldn’t get knocked by blasters that I can understand but if you get pulled down by Anakin or Knocked off a ledge by Luke or Yoda I don’t think he should be able to recover in the air if other heroes can’t that just makes no sense and would be so unfair tbh.

He doesn't. Only 2 blasters knock him out of the sky by default. 1 is Chewie, and requires proper aiming if it's a coward exploring rather than fighting. The other is heavy explosive shot. Same deal. Far too much spread.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • Liz4rD
    1121 posts Member
    Take in consideration that the plan is making health on kill a PASSIVE ability so no need to equip one card to get health, and beside these (and I hope some more changes needed) we will have some other possibilities about star card builds for each game mode and character.
  • Ppong_Man12
    2783 posts Member
    Can't wait for BF. I look forward to the many new threads from crying saber spammers.
  • Liz4rD wrote: »
    Take in consideration that the plan is making health on kill a PASSIVE ability so no need to equip one card to get health, and beside these (and I hope some more changes needed) we will have some other possibilities about star card builds for each game mode and character.

Heroes are going to be great fun to play as with passive HOK. Some of them are so weak right now they might as well be enforcers. Characters like Phasma especially need this. That way she can run cards that help her blaster and health boost without equipping that goofy staff strike hok. I look forward to using blaster heroes more when this happens.
  • KresusFIN
    2801 posts Member
    Can't wait for BF. I look forward to the many new threads from crying saber spammers.

And then they'll just cater to them again, and we'll be right back where patch 1.2 brought us.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"

He won't need it. Can already 1 shot troopers & focused rage come the next update. Hok, furious resilience & last grasp are the set up I'm going to use in GA. But now that he has damage reduction the tighter grip card might be better

I would still go with Last Grasp :)
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• MC_XIX wrote: »
    anidriX wrote: »
    [*] Yoda's running/movement speed up

Nice, though not really necessary. He faster swings, not speed.
    [*] Health Regen for blasters up

Fantastic, about damn time.
    [*] Boba and Chewie health up

Chewie getting HP buff is great. Boba I'm not sure yet, higher regen was very necessary though.
    [*] Luke saber damage up

Finally some love for Luke, Health Regen should be buffed as well.
    [*] Obi Mind trick length up

Mind trick pretty much useless in GA/CS, this buff might be enough for me to consider using his extra time card for this in HvV.
    [*] Unrelenting advance damage up + fix

Nice, Unrelenting advance is one of the worst abilities in the game. What it needs is its speed up so it's usable to OHK troopers kinda like Obi-Wan's Defensive Rush.
    [*] Dot reticle for Boba

Not really needed.
    [*] In air recover and dodges for Boba
    This sounds really nice though I fear this plus all of his above buffed might make him a bit of a nightmare if you can't bring him down with force abilities.
    [*] Vader stamina recharge delay down

Awesome.
    [*] Vader damage reduction during choke
    Fantastic, hopefully it's high enough for his Choke to not be a suicide sentence, especially on PC.
    [*] Vader lightsaber damage up

I'm hoping he gets OHK while in Focused Rage. Plus a +10 as base so he matches Anakin.
    [*] Finn and Phasma blaster damage up

Good, both are in need of buffs particularly Phasma. Finn, doesn't necessarily need a blaster buff but a GLIE buff.

Please don't complain about Boba being buffed. He's one of the worst heroes in he game right now and these buffs have been required for a long time.

With hero blast coming running Boba's wont be an issue anymore. It's about time his jetpack actually gave him some advantages in combat.

Knoe we need longer to catch him so annoying
  • Hmm interesting. I imagine Boba’s will be rejoicing at the ability to just fly around dodging the game from now on. But thank god for Luke’s minor buff - finally. Vader will now be OP mind you but there you go.
  • DarthCapa2
    3007 posts Member
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »

The problem is.. In GA lightsaber throw distance increase it is a must have as well.

The problem is.. In GA lightsaber throw distance increase it is a must have as well.

No it's not like at all
  • UhOhItsJus
    546 posts Member
    I'm sad that he didn't announce any Lando buffs. I've played over 200 HvV matches since Lando's stun duration was nerfed in February or March, and I think I've only seen 3 Lando's at #1 on the leaderboard in all that time. He definitely needs improvements. A bit more blaster damage (especially at longer ranges since it's a sniper pistol), reduced blaster recoil for more accurate aiming with fast trigger pulls, and a smoke grenade that does something useful in HvV.

I've always had the opinion that lando's smoke should protect him from force powers inside the cloud as well. it only lasts like 3 seconds and really doesn't do much to protect him ffrom sabers
  • Yes!!! Boba's health will go up!! And having a recovery while jetpacking!! He is one of my favorite characters to play as, and don't worry I'm not a runner. 😂
  • anidriX
    1241 posts Member
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    anidriX wrote: »
    [*] Yoda's running/movement speed up

Nice, though not really necessary. He faster swings, not speed.
    [*] Health Regen for blasters up

Fantastic, about damn time.
    [*] Boba and Chewie health up

Chewie getting HP buff is great. Boba I'm not sure yet, higher regen was very necessary though.
    [*] Luke saber damage up

Finally some love for Luke, Health Regen should be buffed as well.
    [*] Obi Mind trick length up

Mind trick pretty much useless in GA/CS, this buff might be enough for me to consider using his extra time card for this in HvV.
    [*] Unrelenting advance damage up + fix

Nice, Unrelenting advance is one of the worst abilities in the game. What it needs is its speed up so it's usable to OHK troopers kinda like Obi-Wan's Defensive Rush.
    [*] Dot reticle for Boba

Not really needed.
    [*] In air recover and dodges for Boba
    This sounds really nice though I fear this plus all of his above buffed might make him a bit of a nightmare if you can't bring him down with force abilities.
    [*] Vader stamina recharge delay down

Awesome.
    [*] Vader damage reduction during choke
    Fantastic, hopefully it's high enough for his Choke to not be a suicide sentence, especially on PC.
    [*] Vader lightsaber damage up

I'm hoping he gets OHK while in Focused Rage. Plus a +10 as base so he matches Anakin.
    [*] Finn and Phasma blaster damage up

Good, both are in need of buffs particularly Phasma. Finn, doesn't necessarily need a blaster buff but a GLIE buff.

Please don't complain about Boba being buffed. He's one of the worst heroes in he game right now and these buffs have been required for a long time.

With hero blast coming running Boba's wont be an issue anymore. It's about time his jetpack actually gave him some advantages in combat.

I wasn't complaining, I still don't know how it will work. Maybe he'll be able to air recover from Pushes but not Chewie's Bowcaster. Boba is still great on HvV and I very much agreed on his other buffs. HP + HP Regen were very much needed. I'm not saying I disagree with air recovery, I'm saying it might make him quite hard to take him out unless you have a decent blaster hero on your team.
  • How is everyone against the Boba buffs? Hes been the trash teir villain for ages and hes finally getting the buff he needs. Its not like Finn isn't also getting the damage buff to deal with him.
  • Leia's shield needs to be more useful! Make it heal allies! Pleeeease Dice.
  • DarthCapa2
    3007 posts Member

No it's not like at all

Yes it is try to play with it and without. So much better with it

No it's not like at all

Yes it is try to play with it and without. So much better with it

I did back at launch & while yeah it's a good card I can't use it over say the ability to 1 shot troopers with choke.
  • All good except Boba he really doesn’t need air Regen and please let doge only be for blasters not force powers. It will make his ‘running’ ten times more annoying than it already is.

Glad to see Chewie get a health buff!
  • Terranova4
    437 posts Member
    They do count Sidious as a Blaster Hero right?
  • I just want a game that is fair balanced and fun. It's been lacking lately. If I don't have fun when I play.....a game......
  • N_AM10
    55 posts Member
    edited May 6
    • Vader stamina recharge delay down
    • Vader damage reduction during choke
    • Vader lightsaber damage up

Thank you so much for these changes
    Post edited by N_AM10 on
  • Hey, everyone. Happy Star Wars Day! Sourced from Guillaume's Twitter, here are some of the changes we're looking at making to heroes this month.

• Yoda's running/movement speed up
    • Health Regen for blasters up
    • Boba and Chewie health up
    • Luke saber damage up
    • Obi Mind trick length up
    • Unrelenting advance damage up + fix
    • Dot reticle for Boba
    • In air recover and dodges for Boba
    • Vader stamina recharge delay down
    • Vader damage reduction during choke
    • Vader lightsaber damage up
    • Finn and Phasma blaster damage up

I figured I'd collect all these in one place to make them easier to read and find. As always, final changes will be in the release notes, so some of these things might shift.

May the 4th be with you!

you watch people start begging for nerfs. People will never be satisfied with this game.
  • unit900000
    3571 posts Member
    Relikk wrote: »
    They really should be fixing bugs first and then balancing heroes. The bugs are a huge part of the problem when factoring in peoples complaints (block, saber tracking, abilities not working properly etc.)

true they just need to spend some time to fix as many glitches as possible I feel like I can never play at 100% because some glitch is all ways screwing me over rather it be block not working, gravity sabers, abilitys not working, getting stuck on stuff etc.

Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • AzorAhai
    1370 posts Member
    It's awesome that y'all are continuing to work on improving hero play.

I saw a vague mention of 'plans for troopers' last week, and I'm very intrigued to hear more details on that when the time comes.

Your efforts are appreciated!
  • skincarver
    780 posts Member
    AzorAhai wrote: »

I saw a vague mention of 'plans for troopers' last week, and I'm very intrigued to hear more details on that when the time comes.

So am I. Very much.