criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Community Transmission — May the Fourth Special Event

13Next

Replies

• Unwarycoin wrote: »
    MBSONIC wrote: »
    Not sure but I've gone from error code 1707 to 2593. Restarted the game, xbox and even modem. Did the server crash?

I’ve gotten this error too.

On one day I got it three or more times in a row (even after resetting), but then it stopped. It is crashing a lot though, and I don’t know what’s causing it.

Me and a friend were trying to play last night. A full 10 matches in a row we kept taking turns eating the codes. After 5 we each shut off our xbox, pulled plug in the back, waited 20 mins, came back to the game and we went back to eating the codes and taking turns with it until 10 then we gave up. It had to have been server side if everything you find online says "oh just restart it's fine" and with 20 mins of powered down the problem is the same. What kills me is I've bee dropping tweets to community managers about it, people are liking and re-tweeting that I said something about it, no responses - and I started tweeting about it the first day it happened. (so early yesterday, late Friday).
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    @RobertShadowfox
    It wasn’t just a problem with BF2. I think you didn’t see the reports about EA servers having problems for multiple titles on the forums.

To my knowledge, the problem has been resolved.
  • hqhirerkvlsc.png

Incoming transmission!

As mentioned in the recent release notes Community Transmission for April's update, we’re having an in-game event in Battlefront™ II to celebrate Star Wars Day!

The prize of this event is the iconic A New Hope appearance for Leia Organa: Princess! Here’s how you can unlock this appearance.

udl9366y6jop.png
    Objective: Capture the command posts!

Collectively, 4 million command posts need to be captured in Capital Supremacy. If you capture more than one command post, you still count each time.

Duration: 1st May-6th May

In the spirit of good sportsmanship, it’s only fair to give you all more than one day to achieve this prize! The event will run for about a week, starting from the stroke of midnight in Sweden on the 1st and lasting until 11:59 PM CET on the 6th.

How to claim the prize: Log in before the 7th!

Simple enough, right? Once the total has been reached, simply jump into Battlefront II and you’ll be awarded a prize crate with the appearance in it.

This appearance is available between the 1st and 6th of May. The prize will be available for all players from when the 4 millionth command post point is earned and will be available to be claimed until 11:59 PM CET on the 6th and will be announced on EA Star Wars’ Twitter.

Log in any time between the 1st and 6th after the total is reached and you’ll find yourself with Leia’s iconic appearance!

As a quick recap:
    • Collectively, 4 million command posts are captured
    • One player counts as one point towards the total
    • Event starts at 12:00 AM CET 1st May 2019
    • Event ends at 12:00 AM CET 7th May 2019
    • Once the total is reached, the prize can be claimed by any players logging into the game until the end of 6 May 2019.

Good luck to everyone, and may the Force be with you.

Hey Dice/EA, I've played the game and captured command posts from may 1st to may 6th. I am actually right now logged into the game, but THERE IS NO CRATE to be claimed. Where is my princess Leia skin? I really hope you guys give me a solution to this problem.
  • When are we supposed to get the crate? I have been playing all day with no crate.
  • Maliainu wrote: »
    @RobertShadowfox
    It wasn’t just a problem with BF2. I think you didn’t see the reports about EA servers having problems for multiple titles on the forums.

To my knowledge, the problem has been resolved.

Between my post and your post I realized that.
  • KimchiQween76
    4 posts Member
    edited May 7
    I was on honeymoon. Did bring my PS4. Logged in between May 1-2, but the wifi sucked and couldn't download the update till May 7 and not happy considered because of the circumstances I had to deal with. Are you going to release the Princess Leia skin some other time that is not a community event.
  • YODA100
    1067 posts Member
    It sucked!
  • vonVile
    387 posts Member
    I didn't have internet for 10 days and just got it back just to see I completely missed out on the Leia skin. This event should have lasted a whole week, not a weekend.
  • Skulgor
    149 posts Member
    I logged in during event but never got a crate
  • Chico
    494 posts Member
    Ben has posted on Twitter that there will be another chance and no challenge to complete:

• Zepapa
    11 posts Member
    This was the laziest 4th May event ever and I'm very disappointed.
    Why not "Heroes unleashed" or "instant spawning"? Something to make the game more intense. Right now I get killed, then wait 10 seconds to spawn 200 meters from the objective, then I run for half minute towards the objective, then I get killed again and wait 10 seconds again... This s*cks, big time.

Please do "Heroes unleashed" and/or "instant spawning" events more often. Thank you
  • hey guys guess what..... I didn't do anything and i got the new hope leia skin. i didn't even play one game of CS, maybe its a glitch in the system...... but i feel sorry for all you players out there that spent god know how long on CS to get the outfit.... I tell you Dice and EA need to just make the outfits payable with republic credits.... enough of spending hours and hours of grinding..... its annoying, trust me i play WoT and that game can get annoying because of the endless grinding to get stuff.
  • hey guys guess what..... I didn't do anything and i got the new hope leia skin. i didn't even play one game of CS, maybe its a glitch in the system...... but i feel sorry for all you players out there that spent god know how long on CS to get the outfit.... I tell you Dice and EA need to just make the outfits payable with republic credits.... enough of spending hours and hours of grinding..... its annoying, trust me i play WoT and that game can get annoying because of the endless grinding to get stuff.

But when you said “didn’t do anything”, do you you mean not logging into BF2 before May 7th?

If you have logged in at least once sometime between May 1st to 6th, then you were already qualified to earn the Princess Skin, whether you played CS or not.
    PSN: FriedPizza773

But when you said “didn’t do anything”, do you you mean not logging into BF2 before May 7th?

If you have logged in at least once sometime between May 1st to 6th, then you were already qualified to earn the Princess Skin, whether you played CS or not.

oh i did log in..... i thought you had to play CS to get it...... well cool then if all you had to do was log in
  • FriedPizza773
    1182 posts Member
    edited May 10
    hey guys guess what..... I didn't do anything and i got the new hope leia skin. i didn't even play one game of CS, maybe its a glitch in the system...... but i feel sorry for all you players out there that spent god know how long on CS to get the outfit.... I tell you Dice and EA need to just make the outfits payable with republic credits.... enough of spending hours and hours of grinding..... its annoying, trust me i play WoT and that game can get annoying because of the endless grinding to get stuff.

oh i did log in..... i thought you had to play CS to get it...... well cool then if all you had to do was log in

Interestingly, the way how this challenge for the exclusive reward works is actually quite unique to other challenges. Unlike other challenges that you complete as an individual player, this one was completed as a whole community simultaneously (except those who did not logged in between 1st to 6th). In other words, as an individual player you only needed to at least log in at the correct time to automatically participate. You do not had to play CS as the challenge was already completed for you by others, but of course it certainly was not a bad idea to assist them either when you could. :smile:
    Post edited by FriedPizza773 on
    PSN: FriedPizza773

Interestingly, the way how this challenge for the exclusive reward works is actually quite unique to other challenges. Unlike other challenges that you complete as an individual player, this one is completed as a whole community simultaneously (except those who did not logged in between 1st to 6th). In other words, as an individual player you only needed to at least log in at the correct time to automatically participate. You do not had to play CS as the challenge is already completed for you by others, but of course it certainly was not a bad idea to assist them either when you could. :smile:

yeah i could have done something, the thing is i never got around to playing CS because i was busy working and doing stuff.... its hard for me sometimes, you know..... Plus im a big World of Tanks fan also
  • grimmace2
    1265 posts Member
    hey guys guess what..... I didn't do anything and i got the new hope leia skin. i didn't even play one game of CS, maybe its a glitch in the system...... but i feel sorry for all you players out there that spent god know how long on CS to get the outfit.... I tell you Dice and EA need to just make the outfits payable with republic credits.... enough of spending hours and hours of grinding..... its annoying, trust me i play WoT and that game can get annoying because of the endless grinding to get stuff.

Interestingly, the way how this challenge for the exclusive reward works is actually quite unique to other challenges. Unlike other challenges that you complete as an individual player, this one was completed as a whole community simultaneously (except those who did not logged in between 1st to 6th). In other words, as an individual player you only needed to at least log in at the correct time to automatically participate. You do not had to play CS as the challenge was already completed for you by others, but of course it certainly was not a bad idea to assist them either when you could. :smile:

I liked the community aspect of it. It reminded me of the release of the TLJ season when we picked factions and had weekly challenges with rewards crates. Getting those extra blue/purple cards were fairly significant at the time.
  • @F8RGE WTF has happened to hero’s and villains on the 11/5/2019 blocks not working, star cards not working all the time kylo, leia, anakin, versio, darth vader, Darth maul, chewbacca.

Kylo = frenzy was going through people not doing damage, pull and freeze not working when enemy not blocking, blocking force moves and they still working on character
    Darth Vader = force grip shakes you all around the map, blocking force moves and they still working on character, Vader can use lightsaber through after force pushed away
    Darth Mail = blocking blaster shots still taking damage, blocking force moves and they still working on character, force throw not working on characters if not blocking and within area to be used
    Anakin = heroic might not working as able to move but star card reloading as if been used,
    blocking force moves and they still working on character, pull does not affect characters sometimes when not blocking and in area to be pulled
    Chewbacca = constant roar not taking damage when shot or hit with lightersaber
    Leia = Rapid fire star card used but no gun equipped
    Versio = not able to roll, stun droid not shocking enemies even though animation shown.

Force moves can be avoided now with a dodge and not effect on players.
  • Unwarycoin
    6416 posts Member
    Unwarycoin wrote: »
    MBSONIC wrote: »
    Not sure but I've gone from error code 1707 to 2593. Restarted the game, xbox and even modem. Did the server crash?

I’ve gotten this error too.

On one day I got it three or more times in a row (even after resetting), but then it stopped. It is crashing a lot though, and I don’t know what’s causing it.

The crashing was from my Xbox being too close to my cable box.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
This discussion has been closed.