criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

Um. Ability glitches in HvV. Again. Anyone. ???

Getting really tired and irratated. More than 50% of the time force abilities fail. Its ridiculous. Luke is awful. Even trying to use repulse is a death wish. Dash strike gets interrupted by anything. I'm constantly killed by phasma...but if I use phasma I can't deploy the sentry droid. Kylos freeze/pull barely ever works. And frenzy is a 25% if I'm lucky. I get constantly mind tricked by rey and obi. However. If I'm rey or obi it never works. Plus if rey or obi are blocking and I'm behind them they still block. When I'm Vader I can't block at all. I know it sounds like I'm just whining......but I want the game to be fun. It's not. If I come up behind rey I should be able to choke her with Vader. Miss. If I choke lando with maul. Miss. Then if I'm iden or lando I can't roll to get away. But I can't hit iden or lando either. I just dont get it.

Replies

• CC_1010
    2167 posts Member
    edited May 12
    Sounds more like a “skill” problem to me honestly.
    Characters can just block force abilities or roll out of them.
    Luke and Kylos abilities ALWAYS work for me. Only on Anakin Kylos pull and freeze don’t work sometimes.
    Maybe it is lag?
  • kevlegs1971
    1417 posts Member
    User issue.
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber

giphy.gif

• hosco33
    310 posts Member
    User issue.

Don't mind them, it happens.

If it were a User Issue, it would happen all the time. But it happens only on certain matches. If it were a lagging issue it wouldn't get fixed by just quitting that match and rejoin another lobby.

My only guesses so far (no one is honest while addressing the issue, no response from EA, and "pros" barely recognize it on other games like FIFA) is some players are cheating or EA is testing their artificial balancing algorithms with us to try to make video games last more by inducing an imaginary challenge on our minds rather than trusting the game itself.

Or it could just be lagging and those guys above live in a region nearby the servers and that could explain they never ever experience it, or they could be the cheaters who don't want to be pointed at, cannot tell.
  • Grievous Thrust Surge is the worst. Hits maybe every 1 in 5 times I try to use it, even if I'm standing right next to the target. One time Luke was literally frozen by Kylo, and was only a couple of meters away, and the trust surge missed him entirely >:(. Never had problems with Vader's choke or Kylo's freeze tho
  • I just played hvv. I get wrecked and ledged. I can't even really be good as anakin. I was playing against a group. It sucks. .....however I did play some GA earlier and was 3rd then 4th then 1st. Playing as an officer. Never took a hero. Lol
  • I feel your pain! I do pretty decent in GA but totally suck in HvV lol
    Same things happen to me. Maybe practice makes perfect but it can be pretty frustrating getting there ; )
  • It's not user issue.
    Yesterday all that happened to me at a really *** way. So i tested it: I was standing still and only blocking with full stamina: Rey mindtricked me, Obi-Wan, Imp, just everyone ***** me down. I wasn't able to block anything.
  • Munedawg
    203 posts Member
    MaxDuTant wrote: »
    It's not user issue.
    Yesterday all that happened to me at a really *** way. So i tested it: I was standing still and only blocking with full stamina: Rey mindtricked me, Obi-Wan, Imp, just everyone **** me down. I wasn't able to block anything.

Some abilities bypass block. "Mind" abilities like the mind tricks, and Dooku's debuff. You can block "physical" attacks like pushes, etc.
  • hosco33
    310 posts Member
    Munedawg wrote: »

Some abilities bypass block. "Mind" abilities like the mind tricks, and Dooku's debuff. You can block "physical" attacks like pushes, etc.

Nice to know, I suspected that about Rey's mind trick because it has sometimes happened I see opponents blocking and still being affected by Rey's, but now the issue is we don't know which ones are glitches and which ones are indented behavior :D
  • Chico
    443 posts Member
    MaxDuTant wrote: »
    It's not user issue.
    Yesterday all that happened to me at a really *** way. So i tested it: I was standing still and only blocking with full stamina: Rey mindtricked me, Obi-Wan, Imp, just everyone **** me down. I wasn't able to block anything.

Agree it is not a user issue. Recently had a couple of games where I was top scorer on my team for 2 rounds, closely faught and abilities all worked. Next 2 rounds a couple of players changed and all of a sudden my abilities worked 25% of the time at best. One theory is lag, the other is that a spammer on the opposition somehow overrides everything you do. I still ended up top player on my team but with one kill and a quarter of the points of almost all the players on the opposition (who I had been out scoring in the previous rounds)
  • Finn's Glee not registering head shot kills on troopers.
    Ability deactivates some times right after starting it.
  • bfloo
    15824 posts Member
    I've been having this for over a year now.

It isn't a skill issue, the animation just stops 1/2 way through, and doesn't even go on cool down.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• brienj
    680 posts Member
    hosco33 wrote: »
    User issue.

Don't mind them, it happens.

If it were a User Issue, it would happen all the time. But it happens only on certain matches. If it were a lagging issue it wouldn't get fixed by just quitting that match and rejoin another lobby.

My only guesses so far (no one is honest while addressing the issue, no response from EA, and "pros" barely recognize it on other games like FIFA) is some players are cheating or EA is testing their artificial balancing algorithms with us to try to make video games last more by inducing an imaginary challenge on our minds rather than trusting the game itself.

Or it could just be lagging and those guys above live in a region nearby the servers and that could explain they never ever experience it, or they could be the cheaters who don't want to be pointed at, cannot tell.

The other day I had an enemy player playing as Bossk, and they one shot killed me. Later in the match, they played as Boba, and I could not block any of his shots. There is definitely some kind of cheating going on, because I quit the match, and blocked the person, then messaged and said I reported them. They immediately messaged back asking why, and then I told them what they did, and then they tried to invite me to a party. They seemed awfully scared, and didn't act like I was wrong though, which makes me feel that there is some cheat that certain people know about, and it's kept hush, hush so it doesn't get patched.