criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Taking away content is disrespectful (the Target System shoud stay)

1235Next

Replies

  • Canr wrote: »
    This game suffered with so much controversy in the beginning, and now that I thought things were only getting better, I find out my favorite mode is going to be replaced in a few days. This is really disrespectful to the players that do like the Target System and I'm really upset about the news.

    I love the strategy and team work in the current HvV. It may be the most fun I have had with a game. A third person game with this kind of team work and gorgeous visuals is something I've always wanted.

    It's so much fun to have to think and use different strategies depending on who is the target. I enjoy having to keep an eye on the mini map to check if the target from my team is being protected or not. I love being able to get to them in time and rescuing them. Or the other way around, when I'm the target and am about to be massacred, but one of your team mates gets there and saves me. I made really good friends because in some matches we were very supportive of each other.

    I don't support or understand why the mode is going to be replaced. I've only seen runners or cheaters a few times and it wasn't game breaking (my team still won those matches). Online games will always have trolls and inexperienced players. The people that enjoy the mode and play fair should not be punished by loosing the mode because of it.

    To the people that don't like the Target System, I respect your opinion and I think you should have Hero Blast, but as an additional mode. Keeping them as two different modes to choose from is a win-win situation. It's selfish to want the Target system to be removed. Let us (the players that do love the target system) keep the mode we love and paid for. A game should never take something away. New content and modes should be added, not replaced or removed.

    HvV Target System is the only mode I currently play and I bought the game to play it. Please, developers, I appreciate all the hard work you put in the game, and it's because I love it so much that I'm asking for the Target System to remain as a separate mode.

    @F8RGE @EA_Charlemagne

    Paragraphs of nothing then "this is disrespectful" hmmmmmm, ahhhhhh huh yea no
  • Thank you for removing the annoying target system, DICE. A step in the right direction!
  • EA_Rtas
    839 posts EA Moderator
    OcDoc wrote: »
    EA_Rtas wrote: »
    Alright the discussion in most of these threads is turning into just arguing and it needs to be cut out, there's good discussion so I don't want to start closing these down but they need to start being more civil or I'll have to. There's no need for things to be getting nasty in here.

    I have noticed you guys are closing a lot of the threads related to the HvV change. I don’t fully disagree as a couple of them have been a little more on the personal side. But as I read through this I am not seeing a bunch of personal attacks. I see pretty much every post bring up a point that relates to the topic.

    This is a topic that I think should be allowed to be a little more passionate. This is the first time you are talking something major away other than the crate system which had a consensus. This issue does not have a consensus and so I think it is understandable for the back and forth to be a little more vigorous.

    I know this is just a warning. And I think it is all good to give a warning. I just ask that you please consider not closing a thread that is still on topic and not demonstrating a bunch of personal attacks.

    With all of that said, you might be deleting some very bad posts that I am not aware of and if this is true, I would understand where you are coming from more. Hopefully you can understand where I am coming from as well. I am certain that both of our interests are for the betterment of the game.

    I've removed posts in here that got personal but you are correct in saying that this thread hasn't been as bad, which is why I'm attempting to keep it from getting to the point where it would need closing. It's never going to be closed due to the feedback within, only rule breaking.
  • OcDoc
    1278 posts Member
    EA_Rtas wrote: »
    OcDoc wrote: »
    EA_Rtas wrote: »
    Alright the discussion in most of these threads is turning into just arguing and it needs to be cut out, there's good discussion so I don't want to start closing these down but they need to start being more civil or I'll have to. There's no need for things to be getting nasty in here.

    I have noticed you guys are closing a lot of the threads related to the HvV change. I don’t fully disagree as a couple of them have been a little more on the personal side. But as I read through this I am not seeing a bunch of personal attacks. I see pretty much every post bring up a point that relates to the topic.

    This is a topic that I think should be allowed to be a little more passionate. This is the first time you are talking something major away other than the crate system which had a consensus. This issue does not have a consensus and so I think it is understandable for the back and forth to be a little more vigorous.

    I know this is just a warning. And I think it is all good to give a warning. I just ask that you please consider not closing a thread that is still on topic and not demonstrating a bunch of personal attacks.

    With all of that said, you might be deleting some very bad posts that I am not aware of and if this is true, I would understand where you are coming from more. Hopefully you can understand where I am coming from as well. I am certain that both of our interests are for the betterment of the game.

    I've removed posts in here that got personal but you are correct in saying that this thread hasn't been as bad, which is why I'm attempting to keep it from getting to the point where it would need closing. It's never going to be closed due to the feedback within, only rule breaking.

    Cool. Thanks for the clarification.

  • MC_XIX
    1592 posts Member
    Billkwando wrote: »
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    I'm astounded at this board's sudden change of heart. Maybe I'm an old vet now, but I distinctly remember about 6 months ago the entire board was in favour of removing the target system. We all protested against it for months.

    Yes and I was in every one of those threads arguing against it. How many times do I have to tell you people that folks don't bother to argue in favor of keeping the status quo BECAUSE it's the status quo?

    Most folks never took you guys seriously, which is why they never bothered to post in your echo chamber, just to get flamed, and have a first hand experience with mob mentality. Nobody thought you guys actually had a chance at getting DICE to change something, and now we're taking it seriously.

    How hard is it understand that you don't, and never did, speak for everyone?
    The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. 90% of the board back then was asking for the target system to be removed. And the devs have finally acted on it.

    You didn't understand a single word I said, did you? You don't know if 90% or 10% of the board wanted it, because nobody goes on a crusade, campaigning to keep things the way they are. For everyone who agreed, there could have been 9 more who didn't but didn't feel the need to argue about it, as there was no indication that HvV was in any danger of changing.

    All I see is people talking smack about the target system, refusing to acknowledge that we're not saying we don't want TDM, we just want HvV to continue to exist with the target system, as it has been from launch, with any improvements they choose to make to address it's shortcomings.

    One side has a reasonable argument here, and the other side has accusations, salt, and no genuine justification for why we can't have both mode, other than splitting the game's rather large playerbase, when they recently introduced another huge mode, clearly indicating that there are enough players to go around.

    You guys are just afraid that the bulk of the players will stick with HvV, leaving you with nobody to measure your saber against. Not because of lack of players, but because they were given a choice. Something you want to deny them. "You" being whoever is against adding TDM as a new mode.

    There needs to be an actual vote, conducted by DICE.


    words words words post police go away

    Lol.

    Bottom line is that every match will now be decided by which team has the better players, as opposed to which team was better at running away. I know that frustrates the runners and they've all come out to complain now (what a coincidence...), but I couldn't care less. I win my matches by defeating my opponents in firefights or lightsaber duels, and I'm overjoyed that I will no longer lose matches because my team's target died while Boba was hiding atop a pillar.

    Matches should always be decided by combat, skill and cunning, not cowardice. When in Star Wars did we ever see someone win a lightsaber duel by not fighting at all? Did Darth Maul beat Qui-Gon Jinn by spin attacking 200m away from him? Now that the TS will be gone, players will be encouraged to fight and enjoy themselves rather than feeling obliged to flee 24/7.
  • OcDoc
    1278 posts Member
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    I'm astounded at this board's sudden change of heart. Maybe I'm an old vet now, but I distinctly remember about 6 months ago the entire board was in favour of removing the target system. We all protested against it for months.

    Yes and I was in every one of those threads arguing against it. How many times do I have to tell you people that folks don't bother to argue in favor of keeping the status quo BECAUSE it's the status quo?

    Most folks never took you guys seriously, which is why they never bothered to post in your echo chamber, just to get flamed, and have a first hand experience with mob mentality. Nobody thought you guys actually had a chance at getting DICE to change something, and now we're taking it seriously.

    How hard is it understand that you don't, and never did, speak for everyone?
    The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. 90% of the board back then was asking for the target system to be removed. And the devs have finally acted on it.

    You didn't understand a single word I said, did you? You don't know if 90% or 10% of the board wanted it, because nobody goes on a crusade, campaigning to keep things the way they are. For everyone who agreed, there could have been 9 more who didn't but didn't feel the need to argue about it, as there was no indication that HvV was in any danger of changing.

    All I see is people talking smack about the target system, refusing to acknowledge that we're not saying we don't want TDM, we just want HvV to continue to exist with the target system, as it has been from launch, with any improvements they choose to make to address it's shortcomings.

    One side has a reasonable argument here, and the other side has accusations, salt, and no genuine justification for why we can't have both mode, other than splitting the game's rather large playerbase, when they recently introduced another huge mode, clearly indicating that there are enough players to go around.

    You guys are just afraid that the bulk of the players will stick with HvV, leaving you with nobody to measure your saber against. Not because of lack of players, but because they were given a choice. Something you want to deny them. "You" being whoever is against adding TDM as a new mode.

    There needs to be an actual vote, conducted by DICE.


    words words words post police go away

    Lol.

    Bottom line is that every match will now be decided by which team has the better players, as opposed to which team was better at running away. I know that frustrates the runners and they've all come out to complain now (what a coincidence...), but I couldn't care less. I win my matches by defeating my opponents in firefights or lightsaber duels, and I'm overjoyed that I will no longer lose matches because my team's target died while Boba was hiding atop a pillar.

    Matches should always be decided by combat, skill and cunning, not cowardice. When in Star Wars did we ever see someone win a lightsaber duel by not fighting at all? Did Darth Maul beat Qui-Gon Jinn by spin attacking 200m away from him? Now that the TS will be gone, players will be encouraged to fight and enjoy themselves rather than feeling obliged to flee 24/7.

    In almost every game the current mode is won by the team with the better players. I don’t think this is a good argument.

    If you want to go with the “runners are annoying” argument, it is more understandable.

    But don’t suggest that people who don’t want TDM as a replacement for an objective based mode are just people who like to run and exploit. It simply isn’t true. I like objectives and I am not a runner. I would personally take the 30% of good objective games I get with the current system over the 100% of boring no runner games in TDM. And that is assuming there are no runners in TDM, which there will be and they will still be annoying.

  • MC_XIX
    1592 posts Member
    Maliainu wrote: »
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    I'm astounded at this board's sudden change of heart. Maybe I'm an old vet now, but I distinctly remember about 6 months ago the entire board was in favour of removing the target system. We all protested against it for months.

    @Landeaux2 and @lerodemmy will remember this. They created many topics requesting the devs to change HvV, and almost the entire board including myself supported the request.

    Now that the target system is FINALLY on its way out, I'm seeing newer board members complaining. I'm quite annoyed by it tbh. It's a good change which has been needed since the beginning.

    So you immediately assume that any “new forum member” is a total noob when it comes to criticizing things that we don’t agree with?

    I may not have been a regular forum user 6 months ago, but you can’t immediately assume that’s the equivalent of how long I’ve been playing the game. I’ve played the game since launch and I do not agree with 95% of you who say you’ve been an old member here, and rightfully so.

    Y’all act like your opinions are solely the only ones that should matter. Well I can tell you that I honestly regret that I was not an active member 6 months ago. I would’ve argued with you way more about some of the requests and opinions you believe are rightfully required to have as a change in this game. It’s no wonder this game is all over the place, because the community has so many varied opinions, and the bulk of the requests are only causing more damage than good.

    Hence why I’m actually starting to favor the idea that the devs should stop listening to this community.

    Some of you have this sort of inferiority complex, and it shows through your comments.

    This kind of logic is ridiculous.

    Nope, I'm just here to ensure that the game is what it was meant to be: Star Wars. The current state of HvV kills immersion. When did Darth Maul and Boba ever run away from a battle to actually win the battle? Tbe target system is not Star Wars. It promotes a very unsportsmanlike style of play. TDM doesn't.
  • MC_XIX wrote: »
    Maliainu wrote: »
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    I'm astounded at this board's sudden change of heart. Maybe I'm an old vet now, but I distinctly remember about 6 months ago the entire board was in favour of removing the target system. We all protested against it for months.

    @Landeaux2 and @lerodemmy will remember this. They created many topics requesting the devs to change HvV, and almost the entire board including myself supported the request.

    Now that the target system is FINALLY on its way out, I'm seeing newer board members complaining. I'm quite annoyed by it tbh. It's a good change which has been needed since the beginning.

    So you immediately assume that any “new forum member” is a total noob when it comes to criticizing things that we don’t agree with?

    I may not have been a regular forum user 6 months ago, but you can’t immediately assume that’s the equivalent of how long I’ve been playing the game. I’ve played the game since launch and I do not agree with 95% of you who say you’ve been an old member here, and rightfully so.

    Y’all act like your opinions are solely the only ones that should matter. Well I can tell you that I honestly regret that I was not an active member 6 months ago. I would’ve argued with you way more about some of the requests and opinions you believe are rightfully required to have as a change in this game. It’s no wonder this game is all over the place, because the community has so many varied opinions, and the bulk of the requests are only causing more damage than good.

    Hence why I’m actually starting to favor the idea that the devs should stop listening to this community.

    Some of you have this sort of inferiority complex, and it shows through your comments.

    This kind of logic is ridiculous.

    Nope, I'm just here to ensure that the game is what it was meant to be: Star Wars. The current state of HvV kills immersion. When did Darth Maul and Boba ever run away from a battle to actually win the battle? Tbe target system is not Star Wars. It promotes a very unsportsmanlike style of play. TDM doesn't.



    Like this right here 11:00 to 13:10 is why ik glad the target system is leaving. Very unsportsmanlike
  • Alex64
    6487 posts Member
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    Maliainu wrote: »
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    I'm astounded at this board's sudden change of heart. Maybe I'm an old vet now, but I distinctly remember about 6 months ago the entire board was in favour of removing the target system. We all protested against it for months.

    @Landeaux2 and @lerodemmy will remember this. They created many topics requesting the devs to change HvV, and almost the entire board including myself supported the request.

    Now that the target system is FINALLY on its way out, I'm seeing newer board members complaining. I'm quite annoyed by it tbh. It's a good change which has been needed since the beginning.

    So you immediately assume that any “new forum member” is a total noob when it comes to criticizing things that we don’t agree with?

    I may not have been a regular forum user 6 months ago, but you can’t immediately assume that’s the equivalent of how long I’ve been playing the game. I’ve played the game since launch and I do not agree with 95% of you who say you’ve been an old member here, and rightfully so.

    Y’all act like your opinions are solely the only ones that should matter. Well I can tell you that I honestly regret that I was not an active member 6 months ago. I would’ve argued with you way more about some of the requests and opinions you believe are rightfully required to have as a change in this game. It’s no wonder this game is all over the place, because the community has so many varied opinions, and the bulk of the requests are only causing more damage than good.

    Hence why I’m actually starting to favor the idea that the devs should stop listening to this community.

    Some of you have this sort of inferiority complex, and it shows through your comments.

    This kind of logic is ridiculous.

    Nope, I'm just here to ensure that the game is what it was meant to be: Star Wars. The current state of HvV kills immersion. When did Darth Maul and Boba ever run away from a battle to actually win the battle? Tbe target system is not Star Wars. It promotes a very unsportsmanlike style of play. TDM doesn't.

    Players must not win by running away that's the point, but some people would say "TDM is boring, not much strategy, not muchh tactics uh, TDM will destroy HvV!"
  • KresusFIN
    2692 posts Member
    I unironically fail to see how TDM would "eliminate" any need for strategy.

    You're still going to get slaughtered like a fool if you rush into a 1 v 4 engagement.

    You're going to cost your team 1 of those precious 25 tickets.

    Sticking together makes the dreamwork. Just like now.

    The sole difference here being that the Maul / Boba / Yoda / Whoever making it their lives personal mission to stay 100m+ away from any fighting no longer dictates the outcome, and instead, the team that stays together will just farm the 3 "suicide runners" that throw themselves into your team, over, and over, and over again.

    I wouldn't have been opposed to an Extraction or Strike variant of the mode, but this is what we're getting, and it's easily better than RunnerReward was.

    Come engage us. All 4 of us are targets. Respawning will (presumably) suck away a precious ticket out of the 25 available, so respawn all you like when you're losing. It makes literally no difference to us. You will only win by learning to actually fight. There will no longer be any cheese available to you.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima


    The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

    y6qvidach2x9.png

    "I have never died to a Finn"
  • Billkwando
    1589 posts Member
    OcDoc wrote: »
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    I'm astounded at this board's sudden change of heart. Maybe I'm an old vet now, but I distinctly remember about 6 months ago the entire board was in favour of removing the target system. We all protested against it for months.

    Yes and I was in every one of those threads arguing against it. How many times do I have to tell you people that folks don't bother to argue in favor of keeping the status quo BECAUSE it's the status quo?

    Most folks never took you guys seriously, which is why they never bothered to post in your echo chamber, just to get flamed, and have a first hand experience with mob mentality. Nobody thought you guys actually had a chance at getting DICE to change something, and now we're taking it seriously.

    How hard is it understand that you don't, and never did, speak for everyone?
    The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. 90% of the board back then was asking for the target system to be removed. And the devs have finally acted on it.

    You didn't understand a single word I said, did you? You don't know if 90% or 10% of the board wanted it, because nobody goes on a crusade, campaigning to keep things the way they are. For everyone who agreed, there could have been 9 more who didn't but didn't feel the need to argue about it, as there was no indication that HvV was in any danger of changing.

    All I see is people talking smack about the target system, refusing to acknowledge that we're not saying we don't want TDM, we just want HvV to continue to exist with the target system, as it has been from launch, with any improvements they choose to make to address it's shortcomings.

    One side has a reasonable argument here, and the other side has accusations, salt, and no genuine justification for why we can't have both mode, other than splitting the game's rather large playerbase, when they recently introduced another huge mode, clearly indicating that there are enough players to go around.

    You guys are just afraid that the bulk of the players will stick with HvV, leaving you with nobody to measure your saber against. Not because of lack of players, but because they were given a choice. Something you want to deny them. "You" being whoever is against adding TDM as a new mode.

    There needs to be an actual vote, conducted by DICE.


    words words words post police go away

    Lol.

    Bottom line is that every match will now be decided by which team has the better players, as opposed to which team was better at running away. I know that frustrates the runners and they've all come out to complain now (what a coincidence...), but I couldn't care less. I win my matches by defeating my opponents in firefights or lightsaber duels, and I'm overjoyed that I will no longer lose matches because my team's target died while Boba was hiding atop a pillar.

    Matches should always be decided by combat, skill and cunning, not cowardice. When in Star Wars did we ever see someone win a lightsaber duel by not fighting at all? Did Darth Maul beat Qui-Gon Jinn by spin attacking 200m away from him? Now that the TS will be gone, players will be encouraged to fight and enjoy themselves rather than feeling obliged to flee 24/7.


    But don’t suggest that people who don’t want TDM as a replacement for an objective based mode are just people who like to run and exploit. It simply isn’t true. I like objectives and I am not a runner. I would personally take the 30% of good objective games I get with the current system over the 100% of boring no runner games in TDM. And that is assuming there are no runners in TDM, which there will be and they will still be annoying.

    Yep, it's the same straw man argument over and over. They can't attack us for liking the strategy aspect of playing the objective, so they imply we're all runners and glitchers, so they can paint us as bad guys, and themselves as white knights.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

    Gamertag: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Billkwando
    1589 posts Member
    edited May 17
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    Maliainu wrote: »
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    I'm astounded at this board's sudden change of heart. Maybe I'm an old vet now, but I distinctly remember about 6 months ago the entire board was in favour of removing the target system. We all protested against it for months.

    @Landeaux2 and @lerodemmy will remember this. They created many topics requesting the devs to change HvV, and almost the entire board including myself supported the request.

    Now that the target system is FINALLY on its way out, I'm seeing newer board members complaining. I'm quite annoyed by it tbh. It's a good change which has been needed since the beginning.

    So you immediately assume that any “new forum member” is a total noob when it comes to criticizing things that we don’t agree with?

    I may not have been a regular forum user 6 months ago, but you can’t immediately assume that’s the equivalent of how long I’ve been playing the game. I’ve played the game since launch and I do not agree with 95% of you who say you’ve been an old member here, and rightfully so.

    Y’all act like your opinions are solely the only ones that should matter. Well I can tell you that I honestly regret that I was not an active member 6 months ago. I would’ve argued with you way more about some of the requests and opinions you believe are rightfully required to have as a change in this game. It’s no wonder this game is all over the place, because the community has so many varied opinions, and the bulk of the requests are only causing more damage than good.

    Hence why I’m actually starting to favor the idea that the devs should stop listening to this community.

    Some of you have this sort of inferiority complex, and it shows through your comments.

    This kind of logic is ridiculous.

    Nope, I'm just here to ensure that the game is what it was meant to be: Star Wars. The current state of HvV kills immersion. When did Darth Maul and Boba ever run away from a battle to actually win the battle? Tbe target system is not Star Wars. It promotes a very unsportsmanlike style of play. TDM doesn't.

    I'm sorry but this whole paragraph is just garbage justification used for convenience. We know that the devs put gameplay before canon, or else why would Greebs be able to block force powers?

    When did Luke ever hide? Uhh, ESB. When did Han or Luke ever run away? Uhh, ESB & ANH. I'm sure there are other examples. I'm not saying running and hiding in the game is ok, but maybe you are now?
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

    Gamertag: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • MC_XIX
    1592 posts Member
    Billkwando wrote: »
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    Maliainu wrote: »
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    I'm astounded at this board's sudden change of heart. Maybe I'm an old vet now, but I distinctly remember about 6 months ago the entire board was in favour of removing the target system. We all protested against it for months.

    @Landeaux2 and @lerodemmy will remember this. They created many topics requesting the devs to change HvV, and almost the entire board including myself supported the request.

    Now that the target system is FINALLY on its way out, I'm seeing newer board members complaining. I'm quite annoyed by it tbh. It's a good change which has been needed since the beginning.

    So you immediately assume that any “new forum member” is a total noob when it comes to criticizing things that we don’t agree with?

    I may not have been a regular forum user 6 months ago, but you can’t immediately assume that’s the equivalent of how long I’ve been playing the game. I’ve played the game since launch and I do not agree with 95% of you who say you’ve been an old member here, and rightfully so.

    Y’all act like your opinions are solely the only ones that should matter. Well I can tell you that I honestly regret that I was not an active member 6 months ago. I would’ve argued with you way more about some of the requests and opinions you believe are rightfully required to have as a change in this game. It’s no wonder this game is all over the place, because the community has so many varied opinions, and the bulk of the requests are only causing more damage than good.

    Hence why I’m actually starting to favor the idea that the devs should stop listening to this community.

    Some of you have this sort of inferiority complex, and it shows through your comments.

    This kind of logic is ridiculous.

    Nope, I'm just here to ensure that the game is what it was meant to be: Star Wars. The current state of HvV kills immersion. When did Darth Maul and Boba ever run away from a battle to actually win the battle? Tbe target system is not Star Wars. It promotes a very unsportsmanlike style of play. TDM doesn't.

    I'm sorry but this whole paragraph is just garbage justification used for convenience. We know that the devs put gameplay before canon, or else why would Greebs be able to block force powers?

    When did Luke ever hide? Uhh, ESB. When did Han or Luke ever run away? Uhh, ESB & ANH. I'm sure there are other examples. I'm not saying running and hiding in the game is ok, but maybe you are now?

    Not garbage at all. You cannot deny the fact that the target system encourages unsportsmanlike gameplay, because it makes hiding & running in particular viable tactics, which they shouldn't be in this mode.

    I said that nobody ever ran away from a battle to subsequently win the battle. Please read more carefully. Of course star wars characters retreat every so often, but they don't actually win by retreating, unlike in HvV. Did Luke beat Vader by running on Bespin? Did Grievous beat Kenobi by running on Utapau? I've got many more examples if you need reminders.

    It's over. Finally, the TS is going and I hope it stays gone. Accept it:

    kuju2yj2o1s2.gif
  • Billkwando
    1589 posts Member
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    Maliainu wrote: »
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    I'm astounded at this board's sudden change of heart. Maybe I'm an old vet now, but I distinctly remember about 6 months ago the entire board was in favour of removing the target system. We all protested against it for months.

    @Landeaux2 and @lerodemmy will remember this. They created many topics requesting the devs to change HvV, and almost the entire board including myself supported the request.

    Now that the target system is FINALLY on its way out, I'm seeing newer board members complaining. I'm quite annoyed by it tbh. It's a good change which has been needed since the beginning.

    So you immediately assume that any “new forum member” is a total noob when it comes to criticizing things that we don’t agree with?

    I may not have been a regular forum user 6 months ago, but you can’t immediately assume that’s the equivalent of how long I’ve been playing the game. I’ve played the game since launch and I do not agree with 95% of you who say you’ve been an old member here, and rightfully so.

    Y’all act like your opinions are solely the only ones that should matter. Well I can tell you that I honestly regret that I was not an active member 6 months ago. I would’ve argued with you way more about some of the requests and opinions you believe are rightfully required to have as a change in this game. It’s no wonder this game is all over the place, because the community has so many varied opinions, and the bulk of the requests are only causing more damage than good.

    Hence why I’m actually starting to favor the idea that the devs should stop listening to this community.

    Some of you have this sort of inferiority complex, and it shows through your comments.

    This kind of logic is ridiculous.

    Nope, I'm just here to ensure that the game is what it was meant to be: Star Wars. The current state of HvV kills immersion. When did Darth Maul and Boba ever run away from a battle to actually win the battle? Tbe target system is not Star Wars. It promotes a very unsportsmanlike style of play. TDM doesn't.

    I'm sorry but this whole paragraph is just garbage justification used for convenience. We know that the devs put gameplay before canon, or else why would Greebs be able to block force powers?

    When did Luke ever hide? Uhh, ESB. When did Han or Luke ever run away? Uhh, ESB & ANH. I'm sure there are other examples. I'm not saying running and hiding in the game is ok, but maybe you are now?

    Not garbage at all. You cannot deny the fact that the target system encourages unsportsmanlike gameplay, because it makes hiding & running in particular viable tactics, which they shouldn't be in this mode.

    I said that nobody ever ran away from a battle to subsequently win the battle. Please read more carefully. Of course star wars characters retreat every so often, but they don't actually win by retreating, unlike in HvV. Did Luke beat Vader by running on Bespin? Did Grievous beat Kenobi by running on Utapau? I've got many more examples if you need reminders.

    It's over. Finally, the TS is going and I hope it stays gone. Accept it:

    kuju2yj2o1s2.gif

    I wasn't really talking about the game, just your weak attempt to adapt the movies to your argument. Luke was totally hiding from Vader. Trash compactor was a total wall glitch. Those buns didn't affect Leia's hitbox at all. Free the glutens.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

    Gamertag: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Unwarycoin
    5439 posts Member
    Billkwando wrote: »
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    Maliainu wrote: »
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    I'm astounded at this board's sudden change of heart. Maybe I'm an old vet now, but I distinctly remember about 6 months ago the entire board was in favour of removing the target system. We all protested against it for months.

    @Landeaux2 and @lerodemmy will remember this. They created many topics requesting the devs to change HvV, and almost the entire board including myself supported the request.

    Now that the target system is FINALLY on its way out, I'm seeing newer board members complaining. I'm quite annoyed by it tbh. It's a good change which has been needed since the beginning.

    So you immediately assume that any “new forum member” is a total noob when it comes to criticizing things that we don’t agree with?

    I may not have been a regular forum user 6 months ago, but you can’t immediately assume that’s the equivalent of how long I’ve been playing the game. I’ve played the game since launch and I do not agree with 95% of you who say you’ve been an old member here, and rightfully so.

    Y’all act like your opinions are solely the only ones that should matter. Well I can tell you that I honestly regret that I was not an active member 6 months ago. I would’ve argued with you way more about some of the requests and opinions you believe are rightfully required to have as a change in this game. It’s no wonder this game is all over the place, because the community has so many varied opinions, and the bulk of the requests are only causing more damage than good.

    Hence why I’m actually starting to favor the idea that the devs should stop listening to this community.

    Some of you have this sort of inferiority complex, and it shows through your comments.

    This kind of logic is ridiculous.

    Nope, I'm just here to ensure that the game is what it was meant to be: Star Wars. The current state of HvV kills immersion. When did Darth Maul and Boba ever run away from a battle to actually win the battle? Tbe target system is not Star Wars. It promotes a very unsportsmanlike style of play. TDM doesn't.

    I'm sorry but this whole paragraph is just garbage justification used for convenience. We know that the devs put gameplay before canon, or else why would Greebs be able to block force powers?

    When did Luke ever hide? Uhh, ESB. When did Han or Luke ever run away? Uhh, ESB & ANH. I'm sure there are other examples. I'm not saying running and hiding in the game is ok, but maybe you are now?

    Not garbage at all. You cannot deny the fact that the target system encourages unsportsmanlike gameplay, because it makes hiding & running in particular viable tactics, which they shouldn't be in this mode.

    I said that nobody ever ran away from a battle to subsequently win the battle. Please read more carefully. Of course star wars characters retreat every so often, but they don't actually win by retreating, unlike in HvV. Did Luke beat Vader by running on Bespin? Did Grievous beat Kenobi by running on Utapau? I've got many more examples if you need reminders.

    It's over. Finally, the TS is going and I hope it stays gone. Accept it:

    kuju2yj2o1s2.gif

    I wasn't really talking about the game, just your weak attempt to adapt the movies to your argument. Luke was totally hiding from Vader. Trash compactor was a total wall glitch. Those buns didn't affect Leia's hitbox at all. Free the glutens.

    The game has lost me.

    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • There is not content being taken away, its called a rework for a reason. The whole purpose of the change is to prevent the mode from being cheesed by things like Boba (on specific maps), out of map/wall glitches and general cheesy camp spots saber users hide in. It wasn't a matter of skill, it was people literally exploiting flaws in the maps to win. This change will bring about a more skilled approach now that you will need a 4 man team to win and attempting to exploit will now be detrimental to the team. Its brilliant.
  • TheScape
    2021 posts Member
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    I unironically fail to see how TDM would "eliminate" any need for strategy.

    You're still going to get slaughtered like a fool if you rush into a 1 v 4 engagement.

    You're going to cost your team 1 of those precious 25 tickets.

    Sticking together makes the dreamwork. Just like now.

    The sole difference here being that the Maul / Boba / Yoda / Whoever making it their lives personal mission to stay 100m+ away from any fighting no longer dictates the outcome, and instead, the team that stays together will just farm the 3 "suicide runners" that throw themselves into your team, over, and over, and over again.

    I wouldn't have been opposed to an Extraction or Strike variant of the mode, but this is what we're getting, and it's easily better than RunnerReward was.

    Come engage us. All 4 of us are targets. Respawning will (presumably) suck away a precious ticket out of the 25 available, so respawn all you like when you're losing. It makes literally no difference to us. You will only win by learning to actually fight. There will no longer be any cheese available to you.

    That is easy to answer. Targets give you only one (two if you count defense) objective per round. Blast gives you 4 so it's easier for your team to split. When playing with randoms (in my experience), most of them don't usually care about the team as a whole and just attack whoever they want. I have been in a few HvV matches where my teammates were neither defending our target nor attacking theirs. They were just killing the first guy they saw.

    What I mean is, unless you are playing with friends, it's likely that some of your teammates won't stick together. It already happens in normal Blast (where I have rarely seen people stick together).
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    Nope, I'm just here to ensure that the game is what it was meant to be: Star Wars.

    I would say that the majority who comment on this forum have the same intentions, new members included.
  • MC_XIX wrote: »
    Maliainu wrote: »
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    I'm astounded at this board's sudden change of heart. Maybe I'm an old vet now, but I distinctly remember about 6 months ago the entire board was in favour of removing the target system. We all protested against it for months.

    @Landeaux2 and @lerodemmy will remember this. They created many topics requesting the devs to change HvV, and almost the entire board including myself supported the request.

    Now that the target system is FINALLY on its way out, I'm seeing newer board members complaining. I'm quite annoyed by it tbh. It's a good change which has been needed since the beginning.

    So you immediately assume that any “new forum member” is a total noob when it comes to criticizing things that we don’t agree with?

    I may not have been a regular forum user 6 months ago, but you can’t immediately assume that’s the equivalent of how long I’ve been playing the game. I’ve played the game since launch and I do not agree with 95% of you who say you’ve been an old member here, and rightfully so.

    Y’all act like your opinions are solely the only ones that should matter. Well I can tell you that I honestly regret that I was not an active member 6 months ago. I would’ve argued with you way more about some of the requests and opinions you believe are rightfully required to have as a change in this game. It’s no wonder this game is all over the place, because the community has so many varied opinions, and the bulk of the requests are only causing more damage than good.

    Hence why I’m actually starting to favor the idea that the devs should stop listening to this community.

    Some of you have this sort of inferiority complex, and it shows through your comments.

    This kind of logic is ridiculous.

    Nope, I'm just here to ensure that the game is what it was meant to be: Star Wars. The current state of HvV kills immersion. When did Darth Maul and Boba ever run away from a battle to actually win the battle? Tbe target system is not Star Wars. It promotes a very unsportsmanlike style of play. TDM doesn't.

    Darth Maul ran from Qui-Gon and Obi-Won, because he was outnumbered. He then exploited the map in order to achieve a more favorable 1v1 matchup.

    Except it wasn’t running, it was a tactical and intelligent decision.

    And it wasn’t a map exploit. It was a sound maneuver to achieve a more beneficial engagement.

    Silly notions.
  • KresusFIN
    2692 posts Member
    edited May 21
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    Maliainu wrote: »
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    I'm astounded at this board's sudden change of heart. Maybe I'm an old vet now, but I distinctly remember about 6 months ago the entire board was in favour of removing the target system. We all protested against it for months.

    @Landeaux2 and @lerodemmy will remember this. They created many topics requesting the devs to change HvV, and almost the entire board including myself supported the request.

    Now that the target system is FINALLY on its way out, I'm seeing newer board members complaining. I'm quite annoyed by it tbh. It's a good change which has been needed since the beginning.

    So you immediately assume that any “new forum member” is a total noob when it comes to criticizing things that we don’t agree with?

    I may not have been a regular forum user 6 months ago, but you can’t immediately assume that’s the equivalent of how long I’ve been playing the game. I’ve played the game since launch and I do not agree with 95% of you who say you’ve been an old member here, and rightfully so.

    Y’all act like your opinions are solely the only ones that should matter. Well I can tell you that I honestly regret that I was not an active member 6 months ago. I would’ve argued with you way more about some of the requests and opinions you believe are rightfully required to have as a change in this game. It’s no wonder this game is all over the place, because the community has so many varied opinions, and the bulk of the requests are only causing more damage than good.

    Hence why I’m actually starting to favor the idea that the devs should stop listening to this community.

    Some of you have this sort of inferiority complex, and it shows through your comments.

    This kind of logic is ridiculous.

    Nope, I'm just here to ensure that the game is what it was meant to be: Star Wars. The current state of HvV kills immersion. When did Darth Maul and Boba ever run away from a battle to actually win the battle? Tbe target system is not Star Wars. It promotes a very unsportsmanlike style of play. TDM doesn't.

    Darth Maul ran from Qui-Gon and Obi-Won, because he was outnumbered. He then exploited the map in order to achieve a more favorable 1v1 matchup.

    Except it wasn’t running, it was a tactical and intelligent decision.

    And it wasn’t a map exploit. It was a sound maneuver to achieve a more beneficial engagement.

    Silly notions.

    I mean, if by running, you mean constantly being engaged with, yet on the defensive; Slowly but surely manouvering to a more favourable location for him, then... Sure. I guess that's "running".

    Shame Obi-Wan had a teammate that didn't wait for him to join the fight to make it a 2 v 1 in cramped space.

    But also shame that Maul just emoted the Obi-Wan about to fall off the map, only for him to make a comeback and oneshot the Maul in return.

    So eh.

    Removed some comments ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima


    The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

    y6qvidach2x9.png

    "I have never died to a Finn"
  • Darth_Vapor3
    3432 posts Member
    edited May 21
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    Maliainu wrote: »
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    I'm astounded at this board's sudden change of heart. Maybe I'm an old vet now, but I distinctly remember about 6 months ago the entire board was in favour of removing the target system. We all protested against it for months.

    @Landeaux2 and @lerodemmy will remember this. They created many topics requesting the devs to change HvV, and almost the entire board including myself supported the request.

    Now that the target system is FINALLY on its way out, I'm seeing newer board members complaining. I'm quite annoyed by it tbh. It's a good change which has been needed since the beginning.

    So you immediately assume that any “new forum member” is a total noob when it comes to criticizing things that we don’t agree with?

    I may not have been a regular forum user 6 months ago, but you can’t immediately assume that’s the equivalent of how long I’ve been playing the game. I’ve played the game since launch and I do not agree with 95% of you who say you’ve been an old member here, and rightfully so.

    Y’all act like your opinions are solely the only ones that should matter. Well I can tell you that I honestly regret that I was not an active member 6 months ago. I would’ve argued with you way more about some of the requests and opinions you believe are rightfully required to have as a change in this game. It’s no wonder this game is all over the place, because the community has so many varied opinions, and the bulk of the requests are only causing more damage than good.

    Hence why I’m actually starting to favor the idea that the devs should stop listening to this community.

    Some of you have this sort of inferiority complex, and it shows through your comments.

    This kind of logic is ridiculous.

    Nope, I'm just here to ensure that the game is what it was meant to be: Star Wars. The current state of HvV kills immersion. When did Darth Maul and Boba ever run away from a battle to actually win the battle? Tbe target system is not Star Wars. It promotes a very unsportsmanlike style of play. TDM doesn't.

    Darth Maul ran from Qui-Gon and Obi-Won, because he was outnumbered. He then exploited the map in order to achieve a more favorable 1v1 matchup.

    Except it wasn’t running, it was a tactical and intelligent decision.

    And it wasn’t a map exploit. It was a sound maneuver to achieve a more beneficial engagement.

    Silly notions.

    I mean, if by running, you mean constantly being engaged with, yet on the defensive; Slowly but surely manouvering to a more favourable location for him, then... Sure. I guess that's "running".

    Shame Obi-Wan had a teammate that didn't wait for him to join the fight to make it a 2 v 1 in cramped space.

    But also shame that Maul just emoted the Obi-Wan about to fall off the map, only for him to make a comeback and oneshot the Maul in return.

    So eh.

    Awesome! Maul was the target and Qui-Gon was thirsting. Maul got cocky and emoted, and Obi-Won made him pay for it. Excellent description

    And yes. 90% of the running I’ve experienced has been a regroup action or from outnumbered engagements.

    Edited quote to reflect change~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • willywonka7
    1438 posts Member
    In your honor HvV.......


    You will be missed!
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!