criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Weekend Event: Foot Soldiers

Prev13
EA_Tom
319 posts EA Community Manager
bqv5i174fmj7.png

WEEKEND EVENT: FOOT SOLDIERS
Start Time: May 17 - 00:01 UTC
End Time: May 20 - 06:00 UTC

No ground or aerial vehicles in Galactic Assault and Capital Supremacy.

hacnd9nv6753.png

Replies

• Close enough!
  • I'd like to see a Ground-Phase only weekend. Try that out sometime. If it's a success, then maybe consider adding the CS interiors to strike as they play almost identical to that. Maybe also limit to 1 hero on the ground each side. Call it a Battlefront Classic weekend. I'd really love to just have a normal conquest mode on the ground. Think about it!
  • dirgerex wrote: »
    skincarver wrote: »
    What we really need is a permanent

Infantry only game mode.

Thx

Uh, aren't Blast and Strike infantry only game modes? And, uh, Extraction? And, uh, Ewok Hunt?
    Those all have lots of reinforcements. They also received no support in nearly a year.
  • skincarver
    506 posts Member
    edited May 15
    dirgerex wrote: »

Infantry only game mode.

Thx

Uh, aren't Blast and Strike infantry only game modes? And, uh, Extraction? And, uh, Ewok Hunt?

Just as Jenga said. Some of us only consider the base 4 classes as infantry. It’s a much debated thing, many disagree with this. We ask for a mode with only those 4 classes, troopers vs ewoks on a single map obviously doesn’t qualify and is not what we are looking for

Also,uh, you think, uh, I missed the modes you, uh, listed?
  • TheScape
    2222 posts Member
    Versatti wrote: »
    This will make a difference to Starkiller, Hoth and Tatooine play.

This won’t make a difference to Hero spam in GA or indeed the blight of Blast that is Reinforcement spam.

And it will make 0 difference in Death Star II (I think that is the only map without vehicles in any phase).
    UhOhItsJus wrote: »

Infantry only game mode.

Thx
    *Cough* blast *cough* strike *cough* arcade *cough* extraction *cough* ewok hunt

You should see a doctor with that cold.

I think I remember you posting on one of the trooper threads, I’m way too lazy to look it up. So there’s no point in going through the ordeal of explaining it again here. I would refer you to those threads if you want to discuss this
    Cadoth wrote: »

Ewok hunt is pretty much dead (or at least for me) , blast, strike and extraction have reinforcements and arcade... well, it’s arcade

Thank you.

Arcade, Ewok hunt, pah...

The comment stands:

Infantry only game mode
    @skincarver I am also lazy. And I don’t care enough to see what you have to say. I’m commenting on a thread from an EA representative about no vehicles. If you want a mode with the 4 basic classes only that’s fine, if you gather a majority of the community’s support and the developers listen. I feel like the reinforcements are so close to being a basic trooper that it is basically the same gameplay. The Wookiee and flametrooper differ slightly from the troopers because of the way in which their guns cause damage but the death trooper and supe battle droid are quite similar to troopers.

Because the health difference between reinforcements and normal classes is not important, right? Or the fact that all Enforcers have a default ability that heals them. The people that want infantry only, want just a "fair" playground with no tiered units with "unfair" advantages in a large-scale mode with objective gameplay. The closest thing is Strike, which has the same maps it had on release, still has reinforcements and uses small cropped versions of the maps with 1 or 2 objectives.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • ID_8615
    689 posts Member
    And don't get me started on how asinine EWeb gun placements are in BF2017 maps.... Only Kashyyyk has a few that make some sense.... .
  • ID_8615
    689 posts Member
    The makers of BF2015 also had the common sense to spawn players away from enemy troops. BF2017 developers have yet to even realize this is a serious problem with their game design.
  • holstar1993
    1146 posts Member
    Will there be foot soldiers in the ATATs?
  • mastery0ta
    6089 posts Member
    Sigh....
  • gospa55350 wrote: »
    Please remove heroes as well, at least for such short GA event. Some of my friends who self-proclaimed GA dominators, when I invite them to play private blast matches, they don’t even make it top 4. Basically, they specialized into farming BP points as officer class as quick as possible, get a hero and them complete 150 kills in most GA matches, however in infantry only modes like Blast or extraction, they lack Enough skill to dominate, same for HvV, threy never make it 1st place. They excel as killing infantry troops as Heroes or villains in GA. Dissappointing. We need a GA or CS of pure infantry units with or without reinforcements, whatever floats your boat!

That’s probably most of the guys here. Everyone loves that Officer cheese to the hero first 😂😂. But it’s viable strategy they’ll say, just the easy way out 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • EA_Tom wrote: »
    bqv5i174fmj7.png

hacnd9nv6753.png

No ships is a plus, gonna have to see how no ground vehicles is. Likely for a better tattoine at least.
  • Drycurve
    11 posts Member
    EA_Tom wrote: »
    bqv5i174fmj7.png

hacnd9nv6753.png

are you fixing anakin yet? just take away his damage reduction on the heroic might.
  • Draco_RSA
    406 posts Member
    No BF2 for me then this weekend and I can only play on weekends.
  • Evo911
    260 posts Member
    Update after update, event after event....pathetic and ridiculous
  • Why does Obi Wan Kenobi and Darth Maul 200 battle points? Is this a glitch.
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • Alwe15
    773 posts Member
    Why does Obi Wan Kenobi and Darth Maul 200 battle points? Is this a glitch.

Unfortunately not. Announced on Twitter due to anniversary of TPM.
  • Alwe15
    773 posts Member
    Relmets wrote: »

Infantry only game mode.

Thx
    *Cough* blast *cough* strike *cough* arcade *cough* extraction *cough* ewok hunt

*cough* *cough* *cough* *cough* Tiered-units *cough* *cough* *cough* *cough*

phbyunj2fww21.jpg

Too soon 😢
  • Now get rid of the Heroes too

Officers would rule the battlefront if this was an event.
    Add more Extraction and SA maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 5: Episode IX
    “Season” 6: Rogue One
  • ID_8615
    689 posts Member
    Now get rid of the Heroes too

Officers would rule the battlefront if this was an event.

If we got rid of Heroes, a majority of my deaths would likely be to the NT-242s, vanguards, and aerials of the opposition. Not to their Officers... did you seriously suggest Officers would rule the day---or were you just talking about BPs?
  • holstar1993
    1146 posts Member
    edited May 17
    No vehicles huh? There are still spaceships flying around starkiller base. They can't even make actual changes to the game, just adjust battlepoints. Pathetic.
    Post edited by holstar1993 on
  • ID_8615
    689 posts Member
    edited May 17
    200 BP for Kenobi or Maul????

So far this is the lamest idea ever. Heroes/villains/aerials are having the times of their lives.

#Killstreaks_matter

Lame.
    Post edited by ID_8615 on
  • Heroes will be even more OP since there aren't any vehicles to counter them.
  • Relmets
    2222 posts Member
    Alwe15 wrote: »

Infantry only game mode.

Thx

phbyunj2fww21.jpg

Too soon 😢
    iiu4decu2ucv.jpg
    [+3748 posts]
  • Alwe15
    773 posts Member
    Alwe15 wrote: »

Infantry only game mode.

Thx

phbyunj2fww21.jpg

Too soon 😢
    iiu4decu2ucv.jpg

She would certainly feel at home on Mustafar.