criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Heroes are no longer the priority. Add content for troopers.

Replies

• ID_8615
    793 posts Member
    Gotta say - Blast / Strike - both could be better if they cut out the Aerials and expanded them to be GA-ish with Vehicles and Star fighters.

Otherwise - meh... . Aerials dominate too much.
  • ID_8615 wrote: »
    Gotta say - Blast / Strike - both could be better if they cut out the Aerials and expanded them to be GA-ish with Vehicles and Star fighters.

You're suggesting adding vehicles and star fighters to Blast and Strike? Or am I not understanding your post?
  • ID_8615
    793 posts Member
    ID_8615 wrote: »

You're suggesting adding vehicles and star fighters to Blast and Strike? Or am I not understanding your post?

If they're going to have Aerials, then, yes, add in vehicles and star fighters, up the number to 32 v 32, and morph Strike in to Hero-less GA. Trust me, I'd much rather do without the Aerials.
  • lowell
    2803 posts Member

If they're going to have Aerials, then, yes, add in vehicles and star fighters, up the number to 32 v 32, and morph Strike in to Hero-less GA. Trust me, I'd much rather do without the Aerials.

Because of this, I kind of want to see starfighters hunting down jump troopers. I just don't know if jump troopers will be fast enough to fly up and blast them with rockets.
  • jatcjodmdf9o.gif

We already have a tried-and-true formula in infantry-only Cargo. Adding vehicles and drastically increasing the playercount would turn Blast and Strike into a mini-GA. There wouldn't be heroes, which would make some people happy, but I would be **** off to high hell if that's what they came up with for a new "infantry" mode.

We wouldn't have a single objective-based, smaller scale infantry mode. Hell, we wouldn't have a single infantry-only mode at all. What the heck am I supposed to play? Ewok hunt, a cute little novelty mode?
    My name is Bob

• skincarver
    1113 posts Member
    I really liked Riversharks idea of splitting GA in 3 tiles with one being trooper only, one being HU, one being era locked. Something for everybody
  • This shouldn't even be hard. They have most of the formula from the previous game. But no, these devs would rather hide in their Reddit safe space where everyone pretends that the game is perfect. I mean, look at this garbage:

o1q3hcapfo7x.jpg

"Well deserved" credit? What?!? How often does someone write that the praise they receive is well deserved? Their self-admiration is off the charts. You'd think this game was as successful as Modern Warfare 3 with all this boasting.

They're in a bubble. The only way forward is to smash the bubble by invading their Twitter and Reddit safe spaces. Unfortunately, that would result in being being swarmed on, blocked, etc. For some mysterious reason, a decent portion of the playerbase is drinking the CW content Kool-Aid. Remove the Clone Wars skins, and subpar content is beneath the surface. Without the Star Wars skin, most people wouldn't touch this game. It's a subpar tiered-unit shooter masquerading as an AAA FPS.
    My name is Bob

• mastery0ta
    6955 posts Member
    FOR THE REPUBLIC!
  • Finest_Banana
    1853 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    What kind of FPS game doesn't have a single infantry-only mode? And I've got news for the hero players: It's not just the infantry content that sucks. The hero combat has been terrible since launch. It's improving in some areas, but it's also taken several steps back. The target system should've been removed a year ago. The combat roll shouldn't have been nerfed a bajillion times. What was meant as an evasive maneuver now sucks you back into enemy fire.

The entire system was built around an unskilled and irritating system of stuns. Saber tracking has been disgraceful for years. Individual skill isn't rewarded as much. Balancing has been an afterthought -- they knowingly added a broken hero just because Anakin is "the chosen one." They freaking gave the most powerful ability in the game to players as a reward for taking damage. Since when was it a good idea to reward unskilled play with a game-breaking ability? Even after the nerfs, it's still an embarrassment, as shown at 7:45 in the gameplay below. Credit to Relmets for the video

EDIT: And why do we get points for dying?
    My name is Bob

• mastery0ta
    6955 posts Member
    #gruntsmatter
  • Empire_TW
    7562 posts Member
    This shouldn't even be hard. They have most of the formula from the previous game. But no, these devs would rather hide in their Reddit safe space where everyone pretends that the game is perfect. I mean, look at this garbage:

o1q3hcapfo7x.jpg

"Well deserved" credit? What?!? How often does someone write that the praise they receive is well deserved? Their self-admiration is off the charts. You'd think this game was as successful as Modern Warfare 3 with all this boasting.

They're in a bubble. The only way forward is to smash the bubble by invading their Twitter and Reddit safe spaces. Unfortunately, that would result in being being swarmed on, blocked, etc. For some mysterious reason, a decent portion of the playerbase is drinking the CW content Kool-Aid. Remove the Clone Wars skins, and subpar content is beneath the surface. Without the Star Wars skin, most people wouldn't touch this game. It's a subpar tiered-unit shooter masquerading as an AAA FPS.

The appeasement of CW fans is the main reason this game has been bad and will continue to be bad.

I'm tempted to say they purposely made that "praise" comment to see if they could get away with it.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • ID_8615
    793 posts Member
    I would love to see airspace above GA enlarged by 2~4x. You can't fly in any given direction without smacking the ground or flying off the map.
  • Relmets
    2728 posts Member
    unlock both the faction AND class restrictions on the defaults --> ez improvement among weapon choice
    [+3748 posts]
  • 4th ability for troopers.
    Weapons for troopers.
    Maps for troopers.
    Skins for troopers.
    Something for troopers..... please.

Obj is 4th ability. PTFO jk
  • ID_8615
    793 posts Member
    Next set of heroes:
    • Dak
    • Porkins
    • Captain Needa
    • JarJar
    • Vice Admiral Holdo
    • Captain Panaka
    • Lobot
    • Biggs
    • Hondo
    Next set of heroes:
    • Dak
    • Porkins
    • Captain Needa
    • JarJar
    • Vice Admiral Holdo
    • Captain Panaka
    • Lobot
    • Biggs
    • Hondo

You can 86 Porkins from the list as that would be considered SA content.
  • Empire_TW
    7562 posts Member
    Next set of heroes:
    • Dak
    • Porkins
    • Captain Needa
    • JarJar
    • Vice Admiral Holdo
    • Captain Panaka
    • Lobot
    • Biggs
    • Hondo

I actually like Captain Needa, he put a lot of work in for me in Star Wars: Rebellion.
    hojevrxvarht.png
    Next set of heroes:
    • Dak
    • Porkins
    • Captain Needa
    • JarJar
    • Vice Admiral Holdo
    • Captain Panaka
    • Lobot
    • Biggs
    • Hondo

How could you exclude the best star wars character ever from that list?!

Obviously L3 needs to be at the top. 🙄

(I’m being sarcastic.)
  • mastery0ta
    6955 posts Member
    Anybody think rebel pilot would be an awesome skin for troopers too? I do
  • ID_8615
    793 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Next set of heroes:
    • Dak
    • Porkins
    • Captain Needa
    • JarJar
    • Vice Admiral Holdo
    • Captain Panaka
    • Lobot
    • Biggs
    • Hondo

I actually like Captain Needa, he put a lot of work in for me in Star Wars: Rebellion.

He followed protocol. A consummate Imperial soldier.
  • ID_8615
    793 posts Member
    Next set of heroes:
    • Dak
    • Porkins
    • Captain Needa
    • JarJar
    • Vice Admiral Holdo
    • Captain Panaka
    • Lobot
    • Biggs
    • Hondo

(I’m being sarcastic.)

I completely forgot about L3!?!?! Shame on me. Might as well get Dryden Vos and Enfys Nest in there as well.
  • ID_8615
    793 posts Member
    Next set of heroes:
    • Dak
    • Porkins
    • Captain Needa
    • JarJar
    • Vice Admiral Holdo
    • Captain Panaka
    • Lobot
    • Biggs
    • Hondo

The point is conceded. Will you defer your motion to allow a commission to explore the validity of your accusations?
    Next set of heroes:
    • Dak
    • Porkins
    • Captain Needa
    • JarJar
    • Vice Admiral Holdo
    • Captain Panaka
    • Lobot
    • Biggs
    • Hondo

(I’m being sarcastic.)

I completely forgot about L3!?!?! Shame on me. Might as well get Dryden Vos and Enfys Nest in there as well.

Yes yes I concur. Game needs more Enfys for sure.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    This shouldn't even be hard. They have most of the formula from the previous game. But no, these devs would rather hide in their Reddit safe space where everyone pretends that the game is perfect. I mean, look at this garbage:

o1q3hcapfo7x.jpg

The appeasement of CW fans is the main reason this game has been bad and will continue to be bad.

I'm tempted to say they purposely made that "praise" comment to see if they could get away with it.

I dont think that CW is the issue at all... its the mediocre gameplay and the overall non existent focus from the dev team...
    I dont care what era i play.. i care about good gameplay, good and fun gamemodes and balance. But nothing of this can be found in Battlefront 2 by DICE. Im shocked that people stll waste time on this game.
  • lowell
    2803 posts Member
    Next set of heroes:
    • Dak
    • Porkins
    • Captain Needa
    • JarJar
    • Vice Admiral Holdo
    • Captain Panaka
    • Lobot
    • Biggs
    • Hondo

Add Maz Kanata to the list and maybe DJ?
  • Empire_TW wrote: »

o1q3hcapfo7x.jpg

I dont think that CW is the issue at all... its the mediocre gameplay and the overall non existent focus from the dev team...
    I dont care what era i play.. i care about good gameplay, good and fun gamemodes and balance. But nothing of this can be found in Battlefront 2 by DICE. Im shocked that people stll waste time on this game.

Sorry, I think excessive CW is a huge portion of the issue. Most of the gameplay issues I can personally overlook.
  • Admiral_Xen
    2757 posts Member

o1q3hcapfo7x.jpg

CW fans are (not all, but large majority) microbrain kids who will praise anything from their cartoon regardless of quality.

Devs cater to this crowd because they get automatic praise and no criticism from clownbots no matter what.*

*Unless they make the clown colours "wrong" on the power ranger suits (then waste 6 months "fixing" it).
    Next set of heroes:
    • Dak
    • Porkins
    • Captain Needa
    • JarJar
    • Vice Admiral Holdo
    • Captain Panaka
    • Lobot
    • Biggs
    • Hondo

The point is conceded. Will you defer your motion to allow a commission to explore the validity of your accusations?

It’s not off the table.
    @mastery0ta - Strongly Agee with the rebel pilot skin. Would also like my shock trooper and shadow trooper skins back along with the DS trooper skin.
  • II_JumPeR_II
    301 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    lowell wrote: »

o1q3hcapfo7x.jpg

Sorry, I think excessive CW is a huge portion of the issue. Most of the gameplay issues I can personally overlook.

There's also a divide between the player base between movie-only standards for content and full canon standards for content. The latter gives the developers the freedom to give us all they can. The gameplay is okay to pick up quickly in this game unlike 2015, which at times felt like loyal extreme Battlefield gamers came in and basically became the de facto leaders of the matches, not giving enough space for new or lower-skilled players to grow their play strategy out.

Also, why did Fighter Squadron made us get target lock in order to shoot while Starfighter Assault has the targeting computer automatically giving it to us and all we need to do is to just pursue the fighter?

Wtf? Battlefront 2015 was way easier for new players. You didnt get slaughtered down there by constant hero spamming...

Battlefront 2017 is way worse and only caters more to sweats and tryhards... You will always see a hero popping up as fast as possible.
    The Battlepoints system sounded great on paper but is terrible in execution, it benefits good players even more.

Man you cant be serious...
  • lowell
    2803 posts Member

o1q3hcapfo7x.jpg

There's also a divide between the player base between movie-only standards for content and full canon standards for content. The latter gives the developers the freedom to give us all they can. The gameplay is okay to pick up quickly in this game unlike 2015, which at times felt like loyal extreme Battlefield gamers came in and basically became the de facto leaders of the matches, not giving enough space for new or lower-skilled players to grow their play strategy out.

Also, why did Fighter Squadron made us get target lock in order to shoot while Starfighter Assault has the targeting computer automatically giving it to us and all we need to do is to just pursue the fighter?

Wtf? Battlefront 2015 was way easier for new players. You didnt get slaughtered down there by constant hero spamming...

Battlefront 2017 is way worse and only caters more to sweats and tryhards... You will always see a hero popping up as fast as possible.
    The Battlepoints system sounded great on paper but is terrible in execution, it benefits good players even more.

Man you cant be serious...

Well, the weirdest thing is that for a lot of the Battlefront 2015 matches that I played, I just spawn in and before even starting to move, I get taken out already and then I have to plan quicker to start running as soon as possible when I respawn. I think there were some blasters that basically went on overload mode as bugs and some took advantage of that to massacre in matches.

Heroes in Battlefront 2015 were weird to play because it was a slice and dice situation instead of multiple strikes in this game.

For GA matches in this game, I never got enough points to ever be a hero except only last week's TPM weekend. Technically, every other component in the match except heroes and major vehicles shouldn't have battlepoints. Heroes and vehicles like AT-ATs and MTTs should only be the ones that require battlepoints but enforcers, reinforcements, starfighters in GA, speeders shouldn't have battlepoints.
  • YODA100
    1067 posts Member
    No one wants to play kid legos fighting saber anymore. Just work on troopers for the rest until the game actually dies.
  • Empire_TW
    7562 posts Member

o1q3hcapfo7x.jpg

CW fans are (not all, but large majority) microbrain kids who will praise anything from their cartoon regardless of quality.

Devs cater to this crowd because they get automatic praise and no criticism from clownbots no matter what.*

*Unless they make the clown colours "wrong" on the power ranger suits (then waste 6 months "fixing" it).

They also claim that the game is in great shape yet its the complete opposite.

They also give into the lie of "launch day player numbers" nonsense

5 minute wait for HvV to start

Can never find extraction games

Can never find strike games

Ping Sites have been turned off

Same names being seen more often
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Relmets
    2728 posts Member

o1q3hcapfo7x.jpg

uh that's because all 300 trillion are playing CS kid:)))))
    [+3748 posts]
  • Empire_TW
    7562 posts Member
    Relmets wrote: »

o1q3hcapfo7x.jpg

But those are just the player Jackfrags brought alone, there should be another kabillion people playing across the other modes.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • KresusFIN
    2859 posts Member

o1q3hcapfo7x.jpg

But those are just the player Jackfrags brought alone, there should be another kabillion people playing across the other modes.

Literally who is this jackfag and why do we care about him?
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • ID_8615
    793 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    The amount of space to work with, terrain and airspace, is vastly larger in BF2015.

You could actually fly around in a star fighter for quite a while without running in to a border or the ground.

In BF2015, I have never been sniped straight out of spawning, like I constantly am in BF2017. GA Endor is no where near as fun as WA Endor.

For newbies, you have a broad range of weapons to select from. BF2017 only gives newbies one entry-level weapon with 0 modifications to work with. BF2015 loadouts come relatively quickly compared to BF2017, where weapon modifications and optimal load out cards are not available until post level-15 to 20 in many cases. E.g., the Specialists' Stinger pistol is only an option after level 20!! Why??

BF2015 was far easier on newbies on many fronts.
  • lowell
    2803 posts Member
    The amount of space to work with, terrain and airspace, is vastly larger in BF2015.

You could actually fly around in a star fighter for quite a while without running in to a border or the ground.

In BF2015, I have never been sniped straight out of spawning, like I constantly am in BF2017. GA Endor is no where near as fun as WA Endor.

For newbies, you have a broad range of weapons to select from. BF2017 only gives newbies one entry-level weapon with 0 modifications to work with. BF2015 loadouts come relatively quickly compared to BF2017, where weapon modifications and optimal load out cards are not available until post level-15 to 20 in many cases. E.g., the Specialists' Stinger pistol is only an option after level 20!! Why??

Except for starfighter target lock, which was bad and HvV mode with troopers and slice-dice vs multiple strikes, which was completely unlike Battlefront II (2005).
  • Empire_TW
    7562 posts Member
    KresusFIN wrote: »

o1q3hcapfo7x.jpg

Literally who is this jackfag and why do we care about him?

He is a youtuber who usually makes videos about battlefield.

He made a video about BF2 and 300 trillion people watched it and bought the game instantly after watching it. He also made a second video which had a view count of 3 kabillion and they too immediately bought the game.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • ID_8615
    793 posts Member

Except for starfighter target lock, which was bad and HvV mode with troopers and slice-dice vs multiple strikes, which was completely unlike Battlefront II (2005).

How many newbies in BF2017 can jump straight in to a star fighter in GA? Hint: it rhymes with 'zero'. They first have to somehow earn BP as newbies with newbie equipment.

In BF2015, at least they had a chance at grabbing a blue-circled star fighter along with everyone else. Ditto for the hero-circles. Now, of course, more experienced players would know how / where to run to grab those first... But, it was far more an even playing field than BF2017.

...and, I didn't know we were supposed to add in BF2005 in to the discussion. 🤔🤔
  • skincarver
    1113 posts Member
    The fact there’s a thread about them possibly working on giving all heroes a 4th ability yet still no talk of new weapons, private matches, or anything close to a competitive skilled small mode is incredible.

Thread got updated. Apparently it was a misunderstanding...