criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Community Transmission — Level Cap, VO Wheel, & Appearance Bundles

Replies

• I am misunderstanding something? The max level is now lvl 1000? That's absurd, no one will reach that high a level, unless they play 24/7

All units will have a max of 1000, the personal level looks like it has not changed, still 50 I think.

That's even worse. No one will manage to level up every single unit and hero to 1,000. I've had the game for over a year, and I haven't even got all my heroes to lvl 40 yet.
  • I am misunderstanding something? The max level is now lvl 1000? That's absurd, no one will reach that high a level, unless they play 24/7

All units will have a max of 1000, the personal level looks like it has not changed, still 50 I think.

That's even worse. No one will manage to level up every single unit and hero to 1,000. I've had the game for over a year, and I haven't even got all my heroes to lvl 40 yet.

Same here, haven't maxed out everyone either. But I think everyone dosn't like everything. Level 100 to your personal level would be a fun grind to do. Hope the change it in the near future :)
  • Can we level this stuff in arcade too? Since it’s a lot to level up and kinda hard to level up hero ships.
  • So many people are against the 1000 individual class increase and you still go in with it. Is there any limit to your colon sense DICE. Just raise the max rank to 1000 not the individual classes.
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    Just raise the max rank to 1000 not the individual classes.

That’s dull. I’d rather level each individual class.
  • Can we level this stuff in arcade too? Since it’s a lot to level up and kinda hard to level up hero ships.

I like the idea, would be great!
  • All of this complaining about the level cap being raised to 1,000 is laughable, honestly. You’re complaining about it being too difficult to get a yellow word that says “MAX” next to your toon. That’s it.

Anyway, I think you are all also forgetting the plethora of double/ triple XP events that will be shoveled our way. Progress is going to be much faster than is being assumed.
  • Seronax
    548 posts Member
    Would be nice if we could gain that amount of lvl what we already invested into a character/class
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• Seronax wrote: »
    Would be nice if we could gain that amount of lvl what we already invested into a character/class

I don't think our levels will dissapear, it will still be were we left off.
  • Tigzee
    276 posts Member
    COMPENSATION is not mentioned !! ?? What about those of us that have all that maxed out for eons? We paid in hard earned credits for emotes!! We paid in finger aching grind for appearances. We have been maxed out at 70 and 40 for nearly two years!!! What about the all that stagnant reward time we earned NOTHING being stuck at 70 or 40??????? Where is our COMPENSATION??
  • This is one of those "now you're doing this?" moments. For example the "experienced" and "veteran" achievements were introduced much later after I would had more than enough XP for all at the time, especially before there was an XP system. Now there are "prestige" levels (sounds like COD) that I can go up to a 1000?? Is there retroactive XP? I mean how much time have I already put into playing some of these characters and units (in both the XP and crate system) already at the max level (and earned nothing)? This game has been out since Nov 2017, (when I started playing it) and now I can advance my character/unit levels further? What's next, raising overall level from 50 to 1000?

As far as the VO wheel, I still didn't understand the mechanics of how that's going to work.

Did you mean the newer Clone bundles would eventually be crystals, but futures bundles would remain credits/crystals? Once it starts sounding like you're trying to move toward micropurchases I get real edgy.
  • This is one of those "now you're doing this?" moments. For example the "experienced" and "veteran" achievements were introduced much later after I would had more than enough XP for all at the time, especially before there was an XP system. Now there are "prestige" levels (sounds like COD) that I can go up to a 1000?? Is there retroactive XP? I mean how much time have I already put into playing some of these characters and units (in both the XP and crate system) already at the max level (and earned nothing)? This game has been out since Nov 2017, (when I started playing it) and now I can advance my character/unit levels further? What's next, raising overall level from 50 to 1000?

As far as the VO wheel, I still didn't understand the mechanics of how that's going to work.

Did you mean the newer Clone bundles would eventually be crystals, but futures bundles would remain credits/crystals? Once it starts sounding like you're trying to move toward micropurchases I get real edgy.

1.) 1000 is too high especially this far in the games life, should be 100
    2.) VO wheel is useless
    3.) They need to make money and micro transcriptions with skins isn’t bad. Doesn’t affect gameplay so don’t know why your mad about it.
  • Tigzee
    276 posts Member
    jordi1337 wrote: »
    intersting changes. but i dont understand the voice over stuff... we already have the emotes

It means the characters can now also juat say the line without wasting precious time stuck in its accompanying animation.

2.) VO wheel is useless
    3.) They need to make money and micro transcriptions with skins isn’t bad. Doesn’t affect gameplay so don’t know why your mad about it.

1) Concur
    2) Probably
    3) I get mad when they make "legendary" (not a level equivalent) skins, that are not legendary, and the equivalent amount for the required crystals is $20 USD per skin. I have never heard of one skin being $20, nor would I ever pay that. I have made micro-purchases for skins in other games, and no game has mastered that better that I have seen than Uncharted 4. In most cases, skin purchase are reasonably priced, and not a big deal. There are so many classic hero appearances that are still not available, and would be ok to purchase within reason. This game launched with the appearance of the developers seeking to make more money off the game after just buying the game, and that is what caused its controversial launch and backfired on them with sales.

2.) VO wheel is useless

1) Concur
    2) Probably
    3) I get mad when they make "legendary" (not a level equivalent) skins, that are not legendary, and the equivalent amount for the required crystals is $20 USD per skin. I have never heard of one skin being $20, nor would I ever pay that. I have made micro-purchases for skins in other games, and no game has mastered that better that I have seen than Uncharted 4. In most cases, skin purchase are reasonably priced, and not a big deal. There are so many classic hero appearances that are still not available, and would be ok to purchase within reason. This game launched with the appearance of the developers seeking to make more money off the game after just buying the game, and that is what caused its controversial launch and backfired on them with sales.

I think legendary skins come only be unlock by prestige bonus but you can still buy regular skins such as epic and below.
  • jonci
    1243 posts Member
    Whats the point? Surely time and effort would be better spent producing maps - weapons etc rather than this hash garbage.
  • jonci wrote: »
    Whats the point? Surely time and effort would be better spent producing maps - weapons etc rather than this hash garbage.

I agree
  • No Starfighter maps, no care.

Why has SA been abandoned? Clone Wars had the best space battles in the entire series
  • EA is trying to tempt us with filler content.

- Increase Level Cap - Good for bragging rights and not much else. This isn't all that impressive or important enough to necessitate a Community Transmission. People asked for this, and it's good that we're getting it, but since this is only good for bragging rights, there isn't much point.
    - Voice Over Commands: A cool, needlessly wasted idea. If there is a plan to extend the VO commands to reinforcements and standard troopers for added communication, I look forward to seeing that. Otherwise, this is pure fluff.
    - Appearance Bundles UI change: Meh. Better late than never I suppose, but still not that big a deal.

Summary: All of these updates are skin-deep at best, a band-aid to hide certain things that players have issues with when it comes to the game.
  • Can we get loadout options? Maybe 5 or more per class. Saved customizable arrangement of star/ability cards, weapons/attachments as well as appearances?
  • Load out slots are a huge QoL improvement. A VO wheel is unnecessary. Redundant even.

With a normal emote you can simply move immediately upon activation. You’ll completely skip the animation but the voice line will still play.

A VO wheel is an utter waste of development resources.

Folks have been asking for load out slots for over a year now.
  • Starfighter maps!
    Starfighter maps!
    Also real loadouts would be awesome
  • So now that there are going to be more levels on all the characters is there going to be new star cards that have crazy perks that get unlocked at like level 500 or 1000? That would be cool because that was one of the main reasons I was motivated to level up my characters and get skill points.
  • Tigzee wrote: »
    COMPENSATION is not mentioned !! ?? What about those of us that have all that maxed out for eons? We paid in hard earned credits for emotes!! We paid in finger aching grind for appearances. We have been maxed out at 70 and 40 for nearly two years!!! What about the all that stagnant reward time we earned NOTHING being stuck at 70 or 40??????? Where is our COMPENSATION??

This game is garbage and will be deleted as soon as Fallen Order comes out
  • RC2074
    135 posts Member
    so you are reintroducing micro transaction again ??
  • Deathbatguy1992
    1 posts Member
    edited May 21
    Are the bundles for the trooper skins still available for credits? I got this game at launch and it was a micro transaction mess, I recently picked the game back up about two weeks ago after seeing that all of the new content was now free. Haven't been able to save up enough credits for all of the bundles yet
  • New levels and no point in getting 1000 you just get a gold level worthless
  • No. As soon as you level up to 71 the "71" will be in gold. I think. ....really 1000.?I just started playing troopers on my sons account the 1st of January. Got officer level 66. Assault 45. Heavy 41 and spec 42. Idk the point values and how fast it takes to lvl to 70. So I cant say how long itll take to get a trooper to 1000. Depends how much you play. I'm hoping the will release some sort of milestone accomplishment at 250 500 750 .....
  • Will we ever get infiltrator classes in other eras? Also will we get capital supremacy in other eras? @F8RGE
  • No. As soon as you level up to 71 the "71" will be in gold. I think. ....really 1000.?I just started playing troopers on my sons account the 1st of January. Got officer level 66. Assault 45. Heavy 41 and spec 42. Idk the point values and how fast it takes to lvl to 70. So I cant say how long itll take to get a trooper to 1000. Depends how much you play. I'm hoping the will release some sort of milestone accomplishment at 250 500 750 .....

Don't forget that you only need 15 000 xp per level now for every level. Thats about 10 000 less than before:)
  • When new weapons????????????

1bfioawlu399.png
  • Darth_Zionis
    1 posts Member
    edited May 22
    Can we have sum more emote lines and Heroes/Villians in ai mode for arcade while fighting troopers ...look at it as practice for the user to go online and play
  • Wait, the XP isn't retroactive ?
  • 1000 level cap is a bit too much in my opinion. 100, 200, 250 would have been more adequate and achievable. Also, I wish I have visited this page earlier before the update was installed because I could have bought the bundles for the 3 Republic skins I didn't have yet for 60,000 credits each for all 4 Trooper classes, now I need 60,000 credits more to buy them all. That was a good discount 4 skins for the price 3. Pity I didn't what this update was going to change earlier. :(
    Anyway I don't use all the classes. I mostly use Heavy, Assault and sometimes Officer and almost never Scout. Stopped using Heavy when I reached the previous max level of 70. I am glad they increased the level, but 1000 is still too much for each and every trooper class, starfighter and hero.
  • Seriously, when is the promised new weapons gonna be out?
  • jo_achim747
    1052 posts Member
    edited May 22
    so I ranked up from 70 to 71 and I am not rewarded with credits or something similar? Anything planned regarding this @EA_Charlemagne ?
  • What is the point of the level cap increase? If it gives nothing but a number it seems pointless!
  • MrFourTwenty
    13 posts Member
    edited May 22
    catajedi85 wrote: »
    1000 level cap is a bit too much in my opinion. 100, 200, 250 would have been more adequate and achievable. Also, I wish I have visited this page earlier before the update was installed because I could have bought the bundles for the 3 Republic skins I didn't have yet for 60,000 credits each for all 4 Trooper classes, now I need 60,000 credits more to buy them all. That was a good discount 4 skins for the price 3. Pity I didn't what this update was going to change earlier. :(
    Anyway I don't use all the classes. I mostly use Heavy, Assault and sometimes Officer and almost never Scout. Stopped using Heavy when I reached the previous max level of 70. I am glad they increased the level, but 1000 is still too much for each and every trooper class, starfighter and hero.

Not really, you get nothing at all for leveling to 1,000, well except for the word MAX in gold.
  • grimmace2
    1302 posts Member
    leow193 wrote: »
    Wait, the XP isn't retroactive ?

No. A little on the fence with this one too. Would have been nice to see how far I leveled certain classes after maxing them, but pleased that the people who were exploiting the spawn glitch aren't getting rewarded further.
  • jo_achim747
    1052 posts Member
    Also, don't you think a thousand levels is too much? Tbh, who plays that much to actually reach that amount of levels for each class? This is way too much and just frustrates players...
  • Also, don't you think a thousand levels is too much? Tbh, who plays that much to actually reach that amount of levels for each class? This is way too much and just frustrates players...

A lot of people like me have only one main that they play the most. You will see most players that play often hit 1,000 very easily. Each level only requires 15,000 exp, that isn't anything in supremacy.
  • jo_achim747
    1052 posts Member
    Also, don't you think a thousand levels is too much? Tbh, who plays that much to actually reach that amount of levels for each class? This is way too much and just frustrates players...

A lot of people like me have only one main that they play the most. You will see most players that play often hit 1,000 very easily. Each level only requires 15,000 exp, that isn't anything in supremacy.

Yeah I see your point, but that depends on your type of play... as far as I am aware of, there are at least 4 different type of players. With SWBF2, I am more of an Achiever, where I try to unlock/rank up everything instead of my favorite class and for such, this is kind off overkill I think... I guess time will tell, but from my current point ov view, after playing 4 capital supremacy matches, ranking that up takes a lot of time (-> and then there is a lack of motivation for others, since there are no in game rewards)
  • Please add Obi-Wan's "So uncivilized" and Count Doouku's "Surely you can do better!" to the voice lines selection for the VO wheel. We must be able to say these essential movie lines while using these characters!

P.S. Luke is still staring at the ceiling.
  • Lionbite wrote: »
    My game downloaded something today (PC europe) has it anything to do with the latest news?

Yes
  • So now we have several Clone Trooper skins, when are we gonna get different Rebel skins? It's great you've done so much for Clone Wars, but there's 2 other eras. I'd like to see more Galactic Civil War content, such as the return of Sullust as playable maps, and more variety of outfits for Rebel soldiers. More weapons across the board would be good too
  • I'm looking in the collection area for the clone trooper bundles but I'm not seeing them. Where are they?
  • Goomas
    95 posts Member
    Peepzilla wrote: »
    We should see a player's level next to their gamertag and/or on the scoreboard and, if applicable, the leaderboard. This has always been a glaring omission and now having a prestige system, what's the point if other players can't see it?

@F8RGE @EA_Charlemagne

Right on Brother! I am with you on that statement. In Battlefield (Another EA Franchise) you see not only the player's Rank/Level, but the embarrassing stuff like how many times they died in the battle. This should ALL be in Battlefront 2. And as for having levels beyond 70.... what is the reward? I maxed out all star cards to Epic by level 69 on all characters. Unless you add extra power levels to each star card like Common, Uncommon, Rare, Epic, and new "Legendary" or "Deadly" with even more power than the current max level "Epic" cards have. We really don't need more cards dropped into the mix because there are really only 4 or 5 from each deck that are worth even arming your player with. In theory going to level 1,000 sounds great, but there has to be rewards along the way to make it all worth it.

And chew on this, are level 20 or less players going to be in Galactic Assault battles with level 1,000 players, or will those be in a smaller limited server grouping on their own? I have friends that bought the game and can't stand it because they are Halo players and get chopped down quickly by us Level 70 types. The matchmaking is already making it difficult for new players and this my only compound the problem.

Keep up the good work though EA. As always we appreciate the new add-ons and such.
  • Goomas
    95 posts Member
    hsf_ wrote: »
    Finally uncapped levels... Actually gives me a reason to play now, as I'd maxed everything out except for the new Enforcers and the Speeders(because they're garbage).

So you are really happy that you can soon Level around 40 different units to 1000?
    I think dice gets totally crazy .. they giving us so unrealistic aims .. LvL 1000 means (as a trooper 15k XP/LvL) you have to do 930 more lvl .. so 13.950.000 XP together for only your assault .. really?!
    From 1-40 are around 400.000 XP so this is more than 30x a hero to level 40?!

Image you are a new player who loves to play and max out everything, and you join the game and see that the max lvl for everything is 1000. who wants to play this?

Instead of this crazy stuff, they should increase the player lvl from 50 to 100 with special emblems or banners, skins and new weapons.
    Something realistic that player can achieve in the near future (around 6 month - 12 month) and not an update which need ages!

@F8RGE please think about this!
    What you are planning is insane but in the Negative way.

Sure, in most cases the way is the goal, but this way is too long and unrealistic.

Nobody is supposed to ever reach the new level cap, that is the whole point. Of course a few people will reach it on classes/characters that they play alot, but never on every class, character, and vehicle in the game.

I'm shooting for a Level 1,000 LIUV Starkiller Base car! Maybe at level 1,000 I will be able to run over people and actually kill them again. LOL.
  • EXIXIS
    2 posts Member
    This is all great! Hero’s vs Villains kill count should go up to 30. Also would be amazing if more appearances for the hero’s and villains come out every month with this new content. Id love a Maul skin from Solo, and clone wars era, also bespin Luke, master luke from ep 7-8, and old Ben :) keep up the great work!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!