criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

Changed my mind on the new HvV

Bring back the old mode!! This one isn’t fun anymore!

Replies

• Dash
    11637 posts Member
    Great post Dash.

Thank you sir. :smile:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Dash wrote: »
    What do you personally like about the old mode? Then after you explain that, type what you didn't like about the old mode.

After that type what you dislike about the new mode. And after that type about what you do like about the new mode.

Let's start with that. Explaining why in detail. It will help your post, as well as the others who participate in discussion within your post.:blush:

Old mode: there’s a target and as a team you go after the target and also defend your target as well. What I dislike is the runners you occasionally get
    New mode: I like it’s basically free for all but after awhile it gets boring and there’s not much to do when you face off against the light side Anakin just wipes everyone out and that team usually has the advantage every time
  • Unbalanced teams make either version horrible. A well oiled machine of a 3-4 person squad will simple tear apart a random solo-player team. This is worse on maps where is harder to regroup.

It doesn't seem like fun on either side of a blow out. A close match is fun in either mode.

I agree, and I think that has more to do with the spawn system in either mode. If an entire team gets killed, they shouldn't all spawn at separate corners of the map and need to regroup. They should spawn together. Changing spawning would go a long way to improving either mode.
  • Unbalanced teams make either version horrible. A well oiled machine of a 3-4 person squad will simple tear apart a random solo-player team. This is worse on maps where is harder to regroup.

It doesn't seem like fun on either side of a blow out. A close match is fun in either mode.

I agree, and I think that has more to do with the spawn system in either mode. If an entire team gets killed, they shouldn't all spawn at separate corners of the map and need to regroup. They should spawn together. Changing spawning would go a long way to improving either mode.

Great idea
  • Dash
    11637 posts Member
    edited May 24
    Dash wrote: »
    What do you personally like about the old mode? Then after you explain that, type what you didn't like about the old mode.

After that type what you dislike about the new mode. And after that type about what you do like about the new mode.

Let's start with that. Explaining why in detail. It will help your post, as well as the others who participate in discussion within your post.:blush:

Old mode: there’s a target and as a team you go after the target and also defend your target as well. What I dislike is the runners you occasionally get
    New mode: I like it’s basically free for all but after awhile it gets boring and there’s not much to do when you face off against the light side Anakin just wipes everyone out and that team usually has the advantage every time

Much better dude.

Old mode I hated runners and exploiters, as well as respawn abusers. I loved the Objective aspect though as well as team play.

New mode I don't like the low kill count and lack of Objective feel. I do however love seeing almost no system abuse whatsoever. If someone runs, that's fine, Ive got people to slay anyways. If they hide in exploit locations it's the same deal. And if they abuse respawn, they still died anyways, and we'll get them again regardless.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Dash wrote: »

Much better dude.

Old mode I hated runners and exploiters, as well as respawn abusers. I loved the Objective aspect though as well as team play.

New mode I don't like the low kill count and lack of Objective feel. I do however love seeing almost no system abuse whatsoever. If someone runs, that's fine, Ive got people to slay anyways. If they hide in exploit locations it's the same deal. And if they abuse respawn, they still died anyways, and we'll get them again regardless.

Agreed!
  • A possible solution is priority targets. One character on each team is worth more tickets to defeat. If he/she is a runner, taking out other members of the team will still hurt them.

I am seeing on multiple threads now good justifications of an option to avoid playing against groups to help with the matchmaking
  • Billkwando
    1976 posts Member

I made some comments about what I liked about the old mode in my thread: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/136485/im-really-going-to-miss-the-target-system-not-sarcasm/

I'll quote my post here for your convenience:

Thread title (for context): I'm really going to miss the target system (not sarcasm!)
    Billkwando wrote: »

Where else will you get to have fights like this?

or have a motivation to strategically maneuver a specific opponent into the spot where you want them to be, just like Miyamoto Musashi teaches? ;)

or have awesome, tension filled duels, like this?

I think TDM is mostly just going to be "dive at whoever's closest and beat them silly", which just isn't strategic at all...or the one strategy, "camp the nearest choke point with Anakin/Phasmabossk"

Yes, HvV has problems, but they can be fixed. Timers, team respawns each target round, there are lots of different ideas floating around.

Also, I really don't understand why they can't just add an additional hero mode. Or just killswitch Boba, lol.

It's not like Ewok Hunt is super popular, and Hero Showdown is pretty much useless, since they can't fix the the autokick system not to kick your dead teammate, who's observing the match and very much there, for being idle. Also, I sincerely doubt you can split the playerbase with an additional 4v4 mode.

I seem to recall them promising on a roadmap or CT that they were at least going to do a weekend trial of TDM before making a decision. Not to mention all the folks who don't come to the forums and are chopping away in HvV, blissfully unaware that the mode is about to change. After all, people only show up to complain, not to announce how much they love playing HvV, because people just don't work that way.

I would implore DICE to at least have a poll IN GAME on one of the tiles (like when they link a tile to the forum for Release Notes), so that people who feel strongly about it can register on the forum and vote.

I'm not trying to deny anyone their Hero TDM, nor do I see any reason for them to want to deny us our HvV, if we can have both. If we can't, then the community as a whole should have a chance to speak, not just what could possibly be just a very vocal minority.

Thoughts?

I don't like the new one because 9 times out of 10 it's a steamrolling mashfest where the winning team is often either camping or spawnkilling, and people quit constantly, exactly as I've been saying it would be for months, in Lerodemmy's threads, and elsewhere. Noobs don't have a chance, whereas with the target system they had breathing room and time to learn, when they weren't the target, obviously because the focus was mainly on the person who was.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Dash
    11637 posts Member
    edited May 24

I made some comments about what I liked about the old mode in my thread: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/136485/im-really-going-to-miss-the-target-system-not-sarcasm/

Thread title (for context): I'm really going to miss the target system (not sarcasm!)

or have a motivation to strategically maneuver a specific opponent into the spot where you want them to be, just like Miyamoto Musashi teaches? ;)

I think TDM is mostly just going to be "dive at whoever's closest and beat them silly", which just isn't strategic at all...or the one strategy, "camp the nearest choke point with Anakin/Phasmabossk"

Yes, HvV has problems, but they can be fixed. Timers, team respawns each target round, there are lots of different ideas floating around.

Also, I really don't understand why they can't just add an additional hero mode. Or just killswitch Boba, lol.

It's not like Ewok Hunt is super popular, and Hero Showdown is pretty much useless, since they can't fix the the autokick system not to kick your dead teammate, who's observing the match and very much there, for being idle. Also, I sincerely doubt you can split the playerbase with an additional 4v4 mode.

I seem to recall them promising on a roadmap or CT that they were at least going to do a weekend trial of TDM before making a decision. Not to mention all the folks who don't come to the forums and are chopping away in HvV, blissfully unaware that the mode is about to change. After all, people only show up to complain, not to announce how much they love playing HvV, because people just don't work that way.

I would implore DICE to at least have a poll IN GAME on one of the tiles (like when they link a tile to the forum for Release Notes), so that people who feel strongly about it can register on the forum and vote.

I'm not trying to deny anyone their Hero TDM, nor do I see any reason for them to want to deny us our HvV, if we can have both. If we can't, then the community as a whole should have a chance to speak, not just what could possibly be just a very vocal minority.

Thoughts?

I don't like the new one because 9 times out of 10 it's a steamrolling mashfest where the winning team is often either camping or spawnkilling, and people quit constantly, exactly as I've been saying it would be for months, in Lerodemmy's threads, and elsewhere. Noobs don't have a chance, whereas with the target system they had breathing room and time to learn, when they weren't the target, obviously because the focus was mainly on the person who was.

I understand your side of things as well. Because you took time to express/explain it. The only thing I don't understand is why there couldn't have been an option for either version/mode? Don't get me wrong I have wanted the new version 100%. But I didn't mind the thought of having the original version available for those who enjoyed it either

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Billkwando
    1976 posts Member

Thoughts?

I understand your side of things as well. Because you took time to express/explain it. The only thing I don't understand is why there couldn't have been an option for either version/mode? Don't get me wrong I have wanted the new version 100%. But I didn't mind the thought of having the original version available for those who enjoyed it either

That's all I've been asking for since last September, or even earlier. I've also said that I welcome any fixes they want to make to stop running or gltiching. I don't know why people want to argue against having 2 choices. We obviously don't have a player population issue, regardless of the folks who try to use that as an excuse.

Let them have their TDM and let us have our HvV, and we'll see which one ends up like Hero Showdown, with tumbleweeds rolling through it. Not because we don't have enough players, but because players were given a choice, and they made it. That's how it should've been.

May the best mode win, and if they both have plenty of players, then I was right about that too. ;)
    ZI7BNkU.gif

• I don't like the new one because 9 times out of 10 it's a steamrolling mashfest where the winning team is often either camping or spawnkilling, and people quit constantly, exactly as I've been saying it would be for months, in Lerodemmy's threads, and elsewhere. Noobs don't have a chance, whereas with the target system they had breathing room and time to learn, when they weren't the target, obviously because the focus was mainly on the person who was.

I feel like all of your critiques also apply to the target system. Most of the time it was full parties steam rolling randoms. It was constant 4v1. There were lots of times when a person that was already surrounded by four enemies would become target out of nowhere. There were times where a person already in Vader's choke would become target. People had breathing room when not the target because the ultimate strategy was to zerge the target with your cooldowns, die, and repeat until their target was dead. You could just ignore the non-target because it didn't matter if they killed you as long as you got some damage on their target.

Everyone is entitled to their preference, and I am not against the game having both modes. I just think a lot of you are blowing smoke up our a** and romanticizing the target the system. It was a cheesefest of running, camping on high spots, and glitching.
  • Billkwando
    1976 posts Member
    edited May 24

Everyone is entitled to their preference, and I am not against the game having both modes. I just think a lot of you are blowing smoke up our a**, demonizing the target the system as a cheesefest of running, camping on high spots, and glitching.

Fixed to my perspective. ;)

As I've said before, I LIKED being the target. Have you seen my other thread about it? https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/137283/the-last-days-of-heroes-vs-villains/p1

I'll quote one of my replies, to save you a click:
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    What's preventing those strategic, fun games when everyone, rather than just one person, becomes a target?

I'm still going to maintain the change punishes no one but those with no business in a multiplayer versus mode to begin with.

Literally, keep playing as you always have. That one guy not doing anything just doesn't get to influence points / rounds anymore in the slightest.

Got it all figured out, do you? ;)

Watched my video, you did not? :p

If you had, you might have realized that I don't only enjoy the challenge of getting past the enemy team to defeat their target. I also very much enjoy having the entire enemy team trying to kill me, as the target.....and to add an additional layer of challenge beyond that, I particularly enjoy the challenge of getting past the enemy team to defeat their target, while having the entire enemy team trying to kill me, as the target.

I think we may have stumbled upon the fundamental disconnect in understanding, on the part of the folks who cry foul at the mere notion that there are people who actually enjoy the target system, and I think it may say more about the mindset of the accusers than it does the accused. You just don't get it.

To paraphrase the words of JFK, speaking about the mission to the moon:

“We choose to be the target in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win.”

So there. :)

I've never been a glitcher or a runner.
    ZI7BNkU.gif

• Billkwando
    1976 posts Member
    ...and yes, many times my teammates were total buttsauce, but that just made the victory that much sweeter for me when I'd prevail in a 1v2 or 1v3 engagement, while my teammates were off fighting whoever they ran into first..
    ZI7BNkU.gif

My team had the same spawn location out of the entire map on Kashyyyk. It wasn’t too hard to regroup, but maybe that is just specific to that map. Also, this can lead to spawn camping.
    Bring back Extraction to the main menu please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Episode IX
    “Season” 5: Rogue One
  • Neat?

More than 80% of players prefer the new, better system. Only runners, glitchers & bad trolls want the old back.

It's not going back. Don't like it? Bye, don't let the door hit you where some magnet saber split ya
    Ok lol