criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

50 Kills isn’t Epic, It is Monotonous

Prev1
OcDoc
1326 posts Member
These games are just the same thing over and over and over.

At least with the shorter games we get a new map with new players and usually new characters more often.

This is not more fun. It is just drawing out the boringness and making it more obvious.

Replies

  • OcDoc wrote: »
    These games are just the same thing over and over and over.

    At least with the shorter games we get a new map with new players and usually new characters more often.

    This is not more fun. It is just drawing out the boringness and making it more obvious.

    Had a game just now in jabbas palace where the entire enemy team quit leaving just one dude after getting them down to around 35 my team were practically untouched, we spent the rest of the game chasing after 1 dude for 35kills that was monotonous once we got them down to less than 10 i just stood around emoting while the rest of my team mopped up still came first but it deed indeed feel monotonous
  • bfloo
    14785 posts Member
    The spawns needed to be fixed before they upped the tickets, of 12 games at 25 tickets, 1 was close.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • OcDoc
    1326 posts Member
    I disagree. TDM is a lot more fun than the target system, and I think 50 feels okay. I could see 40 working as well just like Strike. 25 was too fast.

    I appreciate your opinion. You certainly have a right to it.

    I can tell you I am trying to be objective about it and I am not just looking to complain and for me 50 kills is dragging it out a little.

    I think 35 maybe would have kept me from getting that feeling. Who knows? I just know I didn’t feel that way yesterday.

  • yoda901
    88 posts Member
    lets address the elephant in the room. that damn radar

    its ridiculous being able to see the entire enemy teams location, yes, oh we just killed the entire enemy team now wheres that respawned circle, oh maul boba, maybe an anakin is just running circles round the map its ok i can see where his team are spawning and i can kill them instead.

    Remove the radar icons, will this make the game less boring, nope, why? because if we get rid of the radar icons, than its going to take an hour or longer to find the enemy 50 times especially the runners, HvV is broken as this TDM and trying to fix it will only break it more

    I agree it is the elephant in the room, I also believe that having a re-spawn timer simply highlights the fact that the random spawn locations were designed for the old system not this one. I think that removing the enemies off the radar would be helpful if they keep the directional indicators. So you know where someone is direction wise, and whether you are very close to them or not (hot or cold changes intensity or something). Band-aids to the current system but just my thoughts.
  • 40 is ideal
  • OcDoc
    1326 posts Member
    lets address the elephant in the room. that damn radar

    its ridiculous being able to see the entire enemy teams location, yes, oh we just killed the entire enemy team now wheres that respawned circle, oh maul boba, maybe an anakin is just running circles round the map its ok i can see where his team are spawning and i can kill them instead.

    Remove the radar icons, will this make the game less boring, nope, why? because if we get rid of the radar icons, than its going to take an hour or longer to find the enemy 50 times especially the runners, HvV is broken as this TDM and trying to fix it will only break it more

    I think a precise map has to be a part of the map system. Otherwise wondering around will just add to the monotony and individual camping will be promoted. Plus, Rey’s insight will really hurt game balance.

    But I think there should be a delay before you show up on the map when you spawn in and perhaps it could sort of rotate between standard and precise.
  • DarthLando
    1020 posts Member
    F8RGE wrote: »
    lets address the elephant in the room. that damn radar

    its ridiculous being able to see the entire enemy teams location, yes, oh we just killed the entire enemy team now wheres that respawned circle, oh maul boba, maybe an anakin is just running circles round the map its ok i can see where his team are spawning and i can kill them instead.

    Remove the radar icons, will this make the game less boring, nope, why? because if we get rid of the radar icons, than its going to take an hour or longer to find the enemy 50 times especially the runners, HvV is broken as this TDM and trying to fix it will only break it more

    We have plans to modify the radar in the next patch.

    Sweet
    PSN: DarthLano19
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    lets address the elephant in the room. that damn radar

    its ridiculous being able to see the entire enemy teams location, yes, oh we just killed the entire enemy team now wheres that respawned circle, oh maul boba, maybe an anakin is just running circles round the map its ok i can see where his team are spawning and i can kill them instead.

    Remove the radar icons, will this make the game less boring, nope, why? because if we get rid of the radar icons, than its going to take an hour or longer to find the enemy 50 times especially the runners, HvV is broken as this TDM and trying to fix it will only break it more

    We have plans to modify the radar in the next patch.

    thanks for letting me know i hope you have thought about the impact of removing it as well as the impact of having it, i can't imagine how you will make it work but i am hopeful it wont ruin the game mode however i have my doubts but thanks for letting me know you will be modifying in some way we will just have to wait and see what you do
  • OcDoc wrote: »
    These games are just the same thing over and over and over.

    At least with the shorter games we get a new map with new players and usually new characters more often.

    This is not more fun. It is just drawing out the boringness and making it more obvious.

    Had a game just now in jabbas palace where the entire enemy team quit leaving just one dude after getting them down to around 35 my team were practically untouched, we spent the rest of the game chasing after 1 dude for 35kills that was monotonous once we got them down to less than 10 i just stood around emoting while the rest of my team mopped up still came first but it deed indeed feel monotonous

    It was never going to be anything else.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    lets address the elephant in the room. that damn radar

    its ridiculous being able to see the entire enemy teams location, yes, oh we just killed the entire enemy team now wheres that respawned circle, oh maul boba, maybe an anakin is just running circles round the map its ok i can see where his team are spawning and i can kill them instead.

    Remove the radar icons, will this make the game less boring, nope, why? because if we get rid of the radar icons, than its going to take an hour or longer to find the enemy 50 times especially the runners, HvV is broken as this TDM and trying to fix it will only break it more

    We have plans to modify the radar in the next patch.


    Please just makes it the standard radar that only pings when an attack is made or ability activated. That will be enough.

    Then, something should be done about the spawning.

    After that you we’ll have a proper TDM environment.

    Quitting will always be an issue.
  • OcDoc wrote: »
    I disagree. TDM is a lot more fun than the target system, and I think 50 feels okay. I could see 40 working as well just like Strike. 25 was too fast.

    I appreciate your opinion. You certainly have a right to it.

    I can tell you I am trying to be objective about it and I am not just looking to complain and for me 50 kills is dragging it out a little.

    I think 35 maybe would have kept me from getting that feeling. Who knows? I just know I didn’t feel that way yesterday.

    Yeah I could see 35-40 working as well.
  • 35 would be fine.

    Playing two matches to 50 on the same map twice can get boring.

    If it is to stay 50 then think about changing maps after every match.
  • JayJedi
    280 posts Member
    I saw a tweet from @EA_Charlemagne saying that it would go down to 35 kills with 10 second respawn after this weekend's event.
  • Alex64
    6703 posts Member
    The same people doing the same old threads
    E sono una imbranata
  • F8RGE
    623 posts EA Community Manager
    JayJedi wrote: »
    I saw a tweet from @EA_Charlemagne saying that it would go down to 35 kills with 10 second respawn after this weekend's event.

    Yes, we will give 35 a try.
  • il96
    518 posts Member
    F8RGE wrote: »
    JayJedi wrote: »
    I saw a tweet from @EA_Charlemagne saying that it would go down to 35 kills with 10 second respawn after this weekend's event.

    Yes, we will give 35 a try.

    You've made games like this impossible now. It's boring getting 8 kills & another person getting 8 kills one person getting 11 & another person getting 8 30iezlmat8lj.png


    This game mode is boring simply because you can't go out & kills!! Get 10 kills & the match is pretty much over with

    You could go smash troops for 50+ in GA though too
    PS4 ButtersEgo96
  • Alex64
    6703 posts Member
    Since when HvV matches were intented to last like GA matches?
    E sono una imbranata
  • Thechosen1_anakin
    6186 posts Member
    edited May 24
    il96 wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    JayJedi wrote: »
    I saw a tweet from @EA_Charlemagne saying that it would go down to 35 kills with 10 second respawn after this weekend's event.

    Yes, we will give 35 a try.

    You've made games like this impossible now. It's boring getting 8 kills & another person getting 8 kills one person getting 11 & another person getting 8 30iezlmat8lj.png


    This game mode is boring simply because you can't go out & kills!! Get 10 kills & the match is pretty much over with

    You could go smash troops for 50+ in GA though too

    I could & I did but I wanna smash heroes for 20+
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    Since when HvV matches were intented to last like GA matches?

    Since when were HvV matches supposed to last 7 minutes? A good target system match lasted at least 15 minutes. A good HvV match now last less than 10 minutes. Boring!!!!
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    lets address the elephant in the room. that damn radar

    its ridiculous being able to see the entire enemy teams location, yes, oh we just killed the entire enemy team now wheres that respawned circle, oh maul boba, maybe an anakin is just running circles round the map its ok i can see where his team are spawning and i can kill them instead.

    Remove the radar icons, will this make the game less boring, nope, why? because if we get rid of the radar icons, than its going to take an hour or longer to find the enemy 50 times especially the runners, HvV is broken as this TDM and trying to fix it will only break it more

    We have plans to modify the radar in the next patch.

    thanks for letting me know i hope you have thought about the impact of removing it as well as the impact of having it, i can't imagine how you will make it work but i am hopeful it wont ruin the game mode however i have my doubts but thanks for letting me know you will be modifying in some way we will just have to wait and see what you do

    I'm going to guess it will be a pulse. For example, every 2 seconds the icons show up on the map, stay visible for half a second, and then disappear. Think Hero Showdown...
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    JayJedi wrote: »
    I saw a tweet from @EA_Charlemagne saying that it would go down to 35 kills with 10 second respawn after this weekend's event.

    Yes, we will give 35 a try.

    Why are you guys not considering these things before you implement them? 1,000 useless impossible rank progressions, 50 elims in HvV...not to mention Anakins release status and the several "nerfs" which have not fixed his issues in GA and CS.

    So much back and forth like you don't have a clue what you're doing and forcing us to point out the broken results every time. Strange way to treat a player base, you guys seemed more level headed during BF15's development.
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    Since when HvV matches were intented to last like GA matches?

    Since when were HvV matches supposed to last 7 minutes? A good target system match lasted at least 15 minutes. A good HvV match now last less than 10 minutes. Boring!!!!

    I think it's a lot more fun now. Not boring at all.
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    Since when HvV matches were intented to last like GA matches?

    Since when were HvV matches supposed to last 7 minutes? A good target system match lasted at least 15 minutes. A good HvV match now last less than 10 minutes. Boring!!!!

    I think it's a lot more fun now. Not boring at all.

    It's a lot more fun with 50 kills sure. Go to 35 & it's a snore fest.
  • jordi1337
    1345 posts Member
    its not the amount of tickets its what they have done to the gamemode... just a boring tdm what do you expect
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    JayJedi wrote: »
    I saw a tweet from @EA_Charlemagne saying that it would go down to 35 kills with 10 second respawn after this weekend's event.

    Yes, we will give 35 a try.

    Why are you guys not considering these things before you implement them? 1,000 useless impossible rank progressions, 50 elims in HvV...not to mention Anakins release status and the several "nerfs" which have not fixed his issues in GA and CS.

    So much back and forth like you don't have a clue what you're doing and forcing us to point out the broken results every time. Strange way to treat a player base, you guys seemed more level headed during BF15's development.

    So true. All of it.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Admiral_Xen
    2727 posts Member
    edited May 24
    50 is great and ideal. Games last like 10 mins each.

    if you want "drawn out" and "same thing over and over" try some turnip running around like a NASCAR race for 15 minutes every other game or so as in the target system.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

    Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • jordi1337 wrote: »
    its not the amount of tickets its what they have done to the gamemode... just a boring tdm what do you expect

    No the game mode pretty much plays the same. It's the radar & the tickets that make the game mode trash.
  • jordi1337 wrote: »
    its not the amount of tickets its what they have done to the gamemode... just a boring tdm what do you expect

    That's like your opinion....man.
  • 50 seems good because it gives enough time to come back if you have a bad start or people back out. 50 is cool. I don’t want to play for 5 minutes, I’d rather play 15/20 and get a load of xp. Complaining about getting xp🤯
  • Thechosen1_anakin
    6186 posts Member
    edited May 24
    50 is great and ideal. Games last like 10 mins each.

    if you want "drawn out" and "same thing over and over" try some turnip running around like a NASCAR race for 15 minutes every other game or so as in the target system.

    50 is ideal & the removal of the radar would've made this a great game mode. Remove the radar & you're looking at 15 minutes at the most. Going back to 35 after the weekend with this precise radar until the end of June is trash & you're looking at 8 minute games again
  • Im liking 50 kills right now. I'll have to try 35 but i'm sure 40 or 50 is the right spot.
  • Admiral_Xen
    2727 posts Member
    50 is great and ideal. Games last like 10 mins each.

    if you want "drawn out" and "same thing over and over" try some turnip running around like a NASCAR race for 15 minutes every other game or so as in the target system.

    50 is ideal & the removal of the radar would've made this a great game mode. Remove the radar & you're looking at 15 minutes at the most. Going back to 35 after the weekend with this precise radar until the end of June is trash & you're looking at 8 minute games again

    Honestly would be fine with normal scanner that spots the direction of sprinting/attacking enemies.

    That said the circles don't kill the game for me. I cheese them as much as I get cheesed by them.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

    Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • Thechosen1_anakin
    6186 posts Member
    edited May 24
    50 is great and ideal. Games last like 10 mins each.

    if you want "drawn out" and "same thing over and over" try some turnip running around like a NASCAR race for 15 minutes every other game or so as in the target system.

    50 is ideal & the removal of the radar would've made this a great game mode. Remove the radar & you're looking at 15 minutes at the most. Going back to 35 after the weekend with this precise radar until the end of June is trash & you're looking at 8 minute games again

    Honestly would be fine with normal scanner that spots the direction of sprinting/attacking enemies.

    That said the circles don't kill the game for me. I cheese them as much as I get cheesed by them.

    The scanner would be fine but this cheesy radar is killing me. The radar is just killing this mode for me. If they keep it at 50 & make the radar similar to HS then this mode would be pretty good
  • lets address the elephant in the room. that damn radar

    its ridiculous being able to see the entire enemy teams location, yes, oh we just killed the entire enemy team now wheres that respawned circle, oh maul boba, maybe an anakin is just running circles round the map its ok i can see where his team are spawning and i can kill them instead.

    Remove the radar icons, will this make the game less boring, nope, why? because if we get rid of the radar icons, than its going to take an hour or longer to find the enemy 50 times especially the runners, HvV is broken as this TDM and trying to fix it will only break it more

    I think the new spawns are all in one place, so it shouldn’t be too hard to spawn camp. I noticed this especially when I was playing Kashyyyk today, I spawned in the same place every time.
    Add more Extraction and SA maps please!

    What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 5: Episode IX
    “Season” 6: Rogue One
  • Im liking 50 kills right now. I'll have to try 35 but i'm sure 40 or 50 is the right spot.

    Same, I also like 50 kills. Then again, I also haven’t been on the receiving end of a major steamroll, as my worst finish was about 0-25. I find most random matches to be pretty balanced so far. I have steamrolled, been steamrolled, and have had really close exciting matches. I personally am liking the new system currently as it also encourages teamplay more than the target system.
    Add more Extraction and SA maps please!

    What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 5: Episode IX
    “Season” 6: Rogue One
  • 50 kills feel good for me. Any game mode will get boring if you play it over and over. Switch to GA or CS if you get bored. TDM is the way HvV was meant to be. Not chasing after a target for forever. It's nice to be able to enjoy some 1v1s without expecting someone to ruin it because you're targetted.
  • 50 kills feel good for me. Any game mode will get boring if you play it over and over. Switch to GA or CS if you get bored. TDM is the way HvV was meant to be. Not chasing after a target for forever. It's nice to be able to enjoy some 1v1s without expecting someone to ruin it because you're targetted.

    Uhm you're always marked on the map so you're always a target 😞
  • lets address the elephant in the room. that damn radar

    its ridiculous being able to see the entire enemy teams location, yes, oh we just killed the entire enemy team now wheres that respawned circle, oh maul boba, maybe an anakin is just running circles round the map its ok i can see where his team are spawning and i can kill them instead.

    Remove the radar icons, will this make the game less boring, nope, why? because if we get rid of the radar icons, than its going to take an hour or longer to find the enemy 50 times especially the runners, HvV is broken as this TDM and trying to fix it will only break it more

    I think the new spawns are all in one place, so it shouldn’t be too hard to spawn camp. I noticed this especially when I was playing Kashyyyk today, I spawned in the same place every time.

    Hi there, ummm its only Kashyyyk and Komino, i think, which has people spawn in more or less the same spots, other maps its not so bad
  • Is there a world record for the amount of adjustments a live service game has had because this game feels like it changes far too much far too regularly.
  • Darth_Vapor3
    3519 posts Member
    edited May 24
    F8RGE wrote: »
    lets address the elephant in the room. that damn radar

    its ridiculous being able to see the entire enemy teams location, yes, oh we just killed the entire enemy team now wheres that respawned circle, oh maul boba, maybe an anakin is just running circles round the map its ok i can see where his team are spawning and i can kill them instead.

    Remove the radar icons, will this make the game less boring, nope, why? because if we get rid of the radar icons, than its going to take an hour or longer to find the enemy 50 times especially the runners, HvV is broken as this TDM and trying to fix it will only break it more

    We have plans to modify the radar in the next patch.

    thanks for letting me know i hope you have thought about the impact of removing it as well as the impact of having it, i can't imagine how you will make it work but i am hopeful it wont ruin the game mode however i have my doubts but thanks for letting me know you will be modifying in some way we will just have to wait and see what you do

    I'm going to guess it will be a pulse. For example, every 2 seconds the icons show up on the map, stay visible for half a second, and then disappear. Think Hero Showdown...

    I don’t like that idea. Standard radar. Ping only for attacking and ability use. If you can’t see the enemy, just pull the right trigger and they’ll come running. Folks will do this enough already. Most maps don’t need a radar at all. There needs to be the ability to go hunting.

    No true TDM has radar training wheels built into it.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    lets address the elephant in the room. that damn radar

    its ridiculous being able to see the entire enemy teams location, yes, oh we just killed the entire enemy team now wheres that respawned circle, oh maul boba, maybe an anakin is just running circles round the map its ok i can see where his team are spawning and i can kill them instead.

    Remove the radar icons, will this make the game less boring, nope, why? because if we get rid of the radar icons, than its going to take an hour or longer to find the enemy 50 times especially the runners, HvV is broken as this TDM and trying to fix it will only break it more

    We have plans to modify the radar in the next patch.

    thanks for letting me know i hope you have thought about the impact of removing it as well as the impact of having it, i can't imagine how you will make it work but i am hopeful it wont ruin the game mode however i have my doubts but thanks for letting me know you will be modifying in some way we will just have to wait and see what you do

    I'm going to guess it will be a pulse. For example, every 2 seconds the icons show up on the map, stay visible for half a second, and then disappear. Think Hero Showdown...

    I don’t like that idea. Standard radar. Ping only for attacking and ability use. If you can’t see the enemy, just pull the right trigger. Folks will do this enough already. Most maps don’t need a radar at all.

    Only maps,that need a radar is bespin & geonosis
  • OcDoc
    1326 posts Member
    35 kills with the radar change to something more like Hero Showdown should feel pretty good for this mode.
  • OcDoc wrote: »
    35 kills with the radar change to something more like Hero Showdown should feel pretty good for this mode.

    No it's fine as it with 50. Just remove the radar
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    lets address the elephant in the room. that damn radar

    its ridiculous being able to see the entire enemy teams location, yes, oh we just killed the entire enemy team now wheres that respawned circle, oh maul boba, maybe an anakin is just running circles round the map its ok i can see where his team are spawning and i can kill them instead.

    Remove the radar icons, will this make the game less boring, nope, why? because if we get rid of the radar icons, than its going to take an hour or longer to find the enemy 50 times especially the runners, HvV is broken as this TDM and trying to fix it will only break it more

    We have plans to modify the radar in the next patch.

    thanks for letting me know i hope you have thought about the impact of removing it as well as the impact of having it, i can't imagine how you will make it work but i am hopeful it wont ruin the game mode however i have my doubts but thanks for letting me know you will be modifying in some way we will just have to wait and see what you do

    I'm going to guess it will be a pulse. For example, every 2 seconds the icons show up on the map, stay visible for half a second, and then disappear. Think Hero Showdown...

    I don’t like that idea. Standard radar. Ping only for attacking and ability use. If you can’t see the enemy, just pull the right trigger and they’ll come running. Folks will do this enough already. Most maps don’t need a radar at all. There needs to be the ability to go hunting.

    No true TDM has radar training wheels built into it.

    I like your idea better. WAY better. But I'm going to guess it'll be a pulse.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    lets address the elephant in the room. that damn radar

    its ridiculous being able to see the entire enemy teams location, yes, oh we just killed the entire enemy team now wheres that respawned circle, oh maul boba, maybe an anakin is just running circles round the map its ok i can see where his team are spawning and i can kill them instead.

    Remove the radar icons, will this make the game less boring, nope, why? because if we get rid of the radar icons, than its going to take an hour or longer to find the enemy 50 times especially the runners, HvV is broken as this TDM and trying to fix it will only break it more

    We have plans to modify the radar in the next patch.

    thanks for letting me know i hope you have thought about the impact of removing it as well as the impact of having it, i can't imagine how you will make it work but i am hopeful it wont ruin the game mode however i have my doubts but thanks for letting me know you will be modifying in some way we will just have to wait and see what you do

    I'm going to guess it will be a pulse. For example, every 2 seconds the icons show up on the map, stay visible for half a second, and then disappear. Think Hero Showdown...

    I don’t like that idea. Standard radar. Ping only for attacking and ability use. If you can’t see the enemy, just pull the right trigger. Folks will do this enough already. Most maps don’t need a radar at all.

    Only maps,that need a radar is bespin & geonosis

    But not really. Get your team together and go hunting. If you can’t find them, just shoot or swing the saber. They’ll be doing the same. Then you have a direction and fun begins. Radar assistance in TDM is a casual crutch that pros and premades will exploit.

    Standard radar. Allies always... Enemies upon ping. Anything more is just a watered down target system and not a true TDM environment.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!