criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Heroes vs Villains Tweaks - Updated May 27

Replies

• KresusFIN
    2692 posts Member
    HS type radar.

Stop lying and actually apply the saber stagger immunity.

Ragdoll immunity when?
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • Too bad the mode is basically dead on PC.
  • Peepzilla
    925 posts Member
    50 is too long... once you're head 15-25 kills, it's pretty much over... everyone starts quitting at that point.

Perhaps try 30 eliminations? Takes a step back towards 25, but adds a little length.
  • enigmatic1606
    326 posts Member
    edited May 24
    OcDoc wrote: »
    ID_8615 wrote: »
    crssquared wrote: »
    Kill the precise radar. That is essentially a cheat.

This is the wrong solution to the wrong problem.

You're heroes. You're supposed to be highlighted. Out in the open. Not cowering behind obscurity.
    If you don't like being in the Spot-Light --- stop playing heroes & villains! My goodness how many flim-flam hero-worshippers there are here that cannot handle being a Hero. Go, run, flee, scatter, hide..., but get off the Hero channel.

You are more right than you even went into here. The correct solution is to have a newly spawned player not show up on the map for somewhere around 10 seconds after spawning. This reduces the chances of getting spawn hunted by the other team which is the main problem with the precise map. We can debate the 10 seconds part and I am just suggesting that as a starting point.

The precise map is critical to the success of the mode. Without it lots of bad things will start happening. Individuals will camp. There will be too much time spent running around the map looking for opponents. And most of all, Rey’s Insight ability will become a game breaking ability that gives way to much advantage to both her and her team.

We need to be more careful and thoughtful with our suggestions and feedback. Too much bad advice floating around right now.
    10 seconds ? So ... with the current spawn system, you'd make roughly one fifth of the way to your team undetectd - if you're lucky - to then get picked off. Yeah, that's ... better.

Also, yeah, sure, Rey's Insight would greatly benefit her team in that regard. But the Dark Side has Boba's On the Hunt. Just make it so that it reveals enemies to his entire team instead of just himself, bam, equal playing field. I mean, there's a Boba in any team now anyways ... besides, Insight is supposed to be used exactly for that. So i don't quite see the issue or why it would be game breaking. We didn't have precise mini-map before that and it didn't break the old HvV.

And as for the comment before that ... yeah, heroes are supposed to draw attention. In GA and CS, that is. In HvV, it's just heroes, though. So it's not like they need the special attention, because they aren't that unique and game changing there. Nothing to stand out from when everyone in the game is the same as you.
  • If it's 50 then two matches on the same map is boring.

Change the map after every match.
  • TheScape
    2027 posts Member
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    HS type radar.

Ragdoll immunity when?

I couldn't agree more with all these. I actually thought they would be using HS radar for the new HvV. I guess it makes too much sense.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • Kamykatz
    115 posts Member
    Every HvV game I've played so far easily lasted as long as it would have in the old mode. Ramping the kills up to 50 will be a boring grind and encourage quitting even more. I think 30 would be a good number.
  • Unwarycoin
    5451 posts Member
    Peepzilla wrote: »
    50 is too long... once you're head 15-25 kills, it's pretty much over... everyone starts quitting at that point.

Perhaps try 30 eliminations? Takes a step back towards 25, but adds a little length.
    After the event, they’re lowering it to 35, at least according to Twitter.

#JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • yoda901
    84 posts Member
    The mode needs instant re-spawn, especially if it is going to keep the random spawn locations. Spawn camping or wolf packing is just disgusting right now...In addition to that they need to seriously rethink the radar and indicators. At the very least recently spawned players shouldn't show up on the radar for at least 10 seconds or so, it's a band-aid but its a start. I almost would like to see them keep the location indicator arrows (sensing the direction) without have a big red dot on the screen once you are in range. Right now teams are just chasing down and playing "Kill the Red Radar dots..." Not quite shooting fish in a barrel for decent teams but close...
  • AesirChampion
    9 posts Member
    edited May 25
    Just played the mode now that its up to 50 per team, feels like they just took everything that was bad about the mode and made it longer. Still got absolutely steamrolled by light side, we kept getting picked off one by one because we died as a group to Anakin early on and couldnt back to each other in time to stop any of us from dying. The entire enemy team knew where we were the whole time and kept bouncing between our spawns until the end of the match. The tickets at the end were 0-43. This used to be my favorite mode before the new update and now its just one of three things, pointlessly dying with your team 50 times in a row, mindlessly slaughtering the enemy 50 times in a row, (which I find boring), or quitting the game in the middle and continuously selecting Capital Supremacy until you get the new Kamino map because that map is [removed]awesome and Dice actually did really [removed] good with Capital Supremacy
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • I just want to say "Thank You" to the devs who came up with this new HvV mode. I see tons of comments on here complaining about the change, but I HATED the target mode. I'm also terrible at the other ground modes, so I'd rarely play them either. This left me with Starfighter Assault (my favorite mode where I somehow don't suck), but with no new maps ever coming that mode also got stale.

Last night was the most fun I've had in this game in a long time. A long, LONG time. Like, waiting in line for Batman: The Ride long. I ran into HvV with my Level 1-2 Obi-Wan, Anakin, Grievous and Dooku and had them all up to about level 9 by the time I was done and was actually... gasp... enjoying my playtime. A lot. Like I'm looking forward to playing again. Well played, DICE.

And on top of all that... I got that pesky trophy that I thought I'd never ever get for killing the target while being the target. What kind of nonsense was that? Anyhoo, the trophy's mine!
  • OcDoc
    1281 posts Member

You're heroes. You're supposed to be highlighted. Out in the open. Not cowering behind obscurity.
    If you don't like being in the Spot-Light --- stop playing heroes & villains! My goodness how many flim-flam hero-worshippers there are here that cannot handle being a Hero. Go, run, flee, scatter, hide..., but get off the Hero channel.

You are more right than you even went into here. The correct solution is to have a newly spawned player not show up on the map for somewhere around 10 seconds after spawning. This reduces the chances of getting spawn hunted by the other team which is the main problem with the precise map. We can debate the 10 seconds part and I am just suggesting that as a starting point.

The precise map is critical to the success of the mode. Without it lots of bad things will start happening. Individuals will camp. There will be too much time spent running around the map looking for opponents. And most of all, Rey’s Insight ability will become a game breaking ability that gives way to much advantage to both her and her team.

We need to be more careful and thoughtful with our suggestions and feedback. Too much bad advice floating around right now.
    10 seconds ? So ... with the current spawn system, you'd make roughly one fifth of the way to your team undetectd - if you're lucky - to then get picked off. Yeah, that's ... better.

Also, yeah, sure, Rey's Insight would greatly benefit her team in that regard. But the Dark Side has Boba's On the Hunt. Just make it so that it reveals enemies to his entire team instead of just himself, bam, equal playing field. I mean, there's a Boba in any team now anyways ... besides, Insight is supposed to be used exactly for that. So i don't quite see the issue or why it would be game breaking. We didn't have precise mini-map before that and it didn't break the old HvV.

And as for the comment before that ... yeah, heroes are supposed to draw attention. In GA and CS, that is. In HvV, it's just heroes, though. So it's not like they need the special attention, because they aren't that unique and game changing there. Nothing to stand out from when everyone in the game is the same as you.

The time is debatable for sure but I think 10 seconds is a little longer than you are giving credit for. Plus, you have to add a little time for how long it would take an opponent to get to you.

Count out 10 seconds in your head and visualize running. 1-1000, 2-1000, etc. It is probably a good starting point for game testing.

Boba is a slight balance but his ability is shorter and there is certainly a difference in map vs map and sight.

• If this mode doesn't have at least 50 kills as the limit it's a epic fail. If they reduce it to 35 than the game mode is done
  • Liz4rD
    966 posts Member
    Just played the mode now that its up to 50 per team, feels like they just took everything that was bad about the mode and made it longer. Still got absolutely steamrolled by light side, we kept getting picked off one by one because we died as a group to Anakin early on and couldnt back to each other in time to stop any of us from dying. The entire enemy team knew where we were the whole time and kept bouncing between our spawns until the end of the match. The tickets at the end were 0-43. This used to be my favorite mode before the new update and now its just one of three things, pointlessly dying with your team 50 times in a row, mindlessly slaughtering the enemy 50 times in a row, (which I find boring), or quitting the game in the middle and continuously selecting Capital Supremacy until you get the new Kamino map because that map is freakin awesome and Dice actually did really fuggin good with Capital Supremacy

Hey, whats wrong with the mode?? At least you can duel and 'fight like a man'. Perfect now.
  • imagine putting out a finished project
  • willywonka7
    1441 posts Member

The time is debatable for sure but I think 10 seconds is a little longer than you are giving credit for. Plus, you have to add a little time for how long it would take an opponent to get to you.

Count out 10 seconds in your head and visualize running. 1-1000, 2-1000, etc. It is probably a good starting point for game testing.

Boba is a slight balance but his ability is shorter and there is certainly a difference in map vs map and sight.

Issue is that a lot of maps are much bigger and farther apart than you realize.....especially if your playing as a blaster hero!
  • Thanks for upping it to 50, feels better and more experience to be gained.
  • hsf_
    1738 posts Member
    @F8RGE could you perhaps add squad spawning to HvV? The reason I ask is because as soon as you lose the first team fight, you've basically lost the game. We need to be able to spawn near each other to add some balance.
  • FabiDepp
    23 posts Member
    General grievous is really useless. Separatis leaders are tbh
    I think grievous should have a rebuild abilities or something like that cause it's a real shame that this character is actually so cool and powerful but in the game is kinda useless cause their abilities are no match for a galactic assault mode or capital supremacy.
    Please rebuild the character
  • If they add squad spawn you will just be waiting for a teammate to get out of action to spawn on them
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    HS type radar.

Ragdoll immunity when?

No. No training wheels built into the radar. Standard radar that pings attacks and abilities. That’s it. There needs to be the ability to hunt without a target. Remember? Targets are bad. And they are for TDM. No true death match environment has casual radar assistance. This shouldn’t either.
  • xJstarx00
    499 posts Member
    edited May 24
    I still feel like there should be a buddy spawning system in Heroes Vs Villains like there is in the other game mode, would help stop the problem of spawning alone and getting ganged up on by 4 people while the rest of your team is off on the opposite side of the map or everyone being separated from each other because of spawns
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Hello there,

Just a short heads up to let you know that we're going to make some tweaks to Heroes vs Villains. The eliminations limit will now be set to 50, up from 25 and the respawn timer will be set to 6 seconds.

As we move forward we'll continue to monitor feedback and adjust as required. Please do keep the feedback coming!

These changes will come become active at 00:01 Friday 24th May, CEST.

Thanks!

@F8RGE have you guys considered only 1 match before rotating maps?? I think it would keep the games not feel repetitive and stale as some in the community have voiced.
  • the fact that DEVs are looking to us to figure out the positives and negatives with this game mode shows me they have no clue wtf they're doing and should maybe start playing the game they are creating
  • AzorAhai
    1304 posts Member
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Hello there,

Just a short heads up to let you know that we're going to make some tweaks to Heroes vs Villains. The eliminations limit will now be set to 50, up from 25 and the respawn timer will be set to 6 seconds.

As we move forward we'll continue to monitor feedback and adjust as required. Please do keep the feedback coming!

These changes will come become active at 00:01 Friday 24th May, CEST.

Thanks!

@F8RGE have you guys considered only 1 match before rotating maps?? I think it would keep the games not feel repetitive and stale as some in the community have voiced.

I'm all for this idea. Was thinking the same thing the other night.
  • xJstarx00
    499 posts Member
    edited May 24
    loafhouse wrote: »
    the fact that DEVs are looking to us to figure out the positives and negatives with this game mode shows me they have no clue wtf they're doing and should maybe start playing the game they are creating

I mean is it really a bad thing that the DEVs want the players input? I think it would be A LOT worse if they didn't listen to a single word their play base said lol.

I feel like with that comment you're just complaining to complain because on one hand if they didn't listen to the players people would complain, though now if they're asking and trying to get the players thoughts on the game you still complain?
  • Billkwando wrote: »

LOL We're also Villains! We skulk! We cower! Are you saying Boba shoulda just sat out in the open so Han could see him as the falcon drifted away with the garbage? I'm going to start calling these types of arguments "canon fodder". ;) :p

Seriously though, that radar has to go. Otherwise we might as well line up and march toward each other in a line, like we're infantry in the Napoleonic Wars.

I understand that reference.
  • Is there a way to at least try a similar version to HvV in BF1. I'm sure I was way less stressed when playing that mode compared to these versions.

New one is boring, and just frustrating when player numbers aren't balanced. Why does hero starfighter have to start each round with equal players yet HvV can be 4 vs 1 and still be apparently fine to play on? The inconsistencies in this game!?!
  • Billkwando
    1605 posts Member
    The mode sucks a lot more then the Target System ever sucked.

I've been trying to tell people be careful what you wish for the better part of a year, because I saw many of these problems coming. You're probably going to articulate it better, but it seemed obvious to me that TDM wasn't going to be the awesome "it's just like the target system, without all the runners and gltichers!" good time that the folks who so vocally despised the target system sold it as.

Now, I;m guessing the majority of players who main HvV were blindsided by this bunch of changes that most likely they never asked for.

In addition, it's been super fun being accused of being a runner and a glitcher by everybody and their mom, simply for saying that it's better to have 2 modes, that the system should be fixed, and that they should experiment with the rules, to try and curb running and glitching.

As if that wasn't enough, folks were creating threads just to gloat in the faces of the folks who wanted to have a choice of modes. Try to find one target system thread that doesn't have one or the other.

The messed up thing is that none of this was even necessary. If DICE had given us 2 modes from the outset, or going back further than that, fixed the spawns, or made a serious effort and given us skill based matchmaking (instead of burying the thread on EOR:MM, the eternal "Just turning it on for the weekend, folks!" beta) then we would have most of this mess in the first place and TDM wouldn't be so terrible.
  • How about that double XP
  • KresusFIN
    2692 posts Member
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    HS type radar.

Ragdoll immunity when?

No. No training wheels built into the radar. Standard radar that pings attacks and abilities. That’s it. There needs to be the ability to hunt without a target. Remember? Targets are bad. And they are for TDM. No true death match environment has casual radar assistance. This shouldn’t either.

I can agree to that, I suppose. Besides, both teams have means of discovering players anyway.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • Halpen4
    395 posts Member
    How about this objective. Bring back target system, but only allow the target player to be known to their own team. Therefore the objective becomes trying to watch and figure out or guess at the possible target player to attack, and avoid decoys or imposters. Yet, every kill of any player from the opposing team will count towards your teams score... But killing the target will either count as a double point kill or it subtracts one kill to the opposite team while gaining a point for your team. This way a losing team could have a greater chance of gaining back a win. As well a targeted player could be a give away to run and hide to the enemy, it may encourage them to participate in the combat. At least there would be a strategy to the game mode. It could be the best of both ideas in one game form.
  • Halpen4
    395 posts Member
    Like I said the benefit is also the target player will not feel ganged up on, knowing the opposing team does not know for sure who is the target. The strategy becomes who is the target to kill and win the match or round the quickest. But, it would still leave it as every kill or death is going to matter and count either for your team or against your team.
  • Pal77
    11 posts Member
    Could you buff the damage of landos blaster ,he is so weak in HvV
  • ID_8615
    596 posts Member
    Pal77 wrote: »
    Could you buff the damage of landos blaster ,he is so weak in HvV

And yet, he and all the other Heroes are so incredibly over-powered in GA & CS already. No thanks.
  • Nerf mind trick please
  • DarthJ
    6330 posts Member
    Definitely prefer 50 elims to 25. Games a bit longer now. Just right. Solve quitters by introducing a quit penalty and I will vote for Sweden in the Eurovision Song Contest for the rest of my life
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Halpen4
    395 posts Member
    50 eliminations is too many 35 or 40 is better, matches take too long to finish at 50 eliminations.
  • IcedFreon
    777 posts Member
    It sure is. This has got to go
  • IcedFreon
    777 posts Member
    Halpen4 wrote: »
    50 eliminations is too many 35 or 40 is better, matches take too long to finish at 50 eliminations.
    Not always
    2crfk2jdvww2.jpg