criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

New HvsV vs Original - What do you prefer?

Prev1
Important_info101
940 posts Member
edited May 24
I came to my conclusion that this new Hero Blast mode is quite boring and not better than Target system mode.

New system is quite boring, Target system challenged you and suited Heroes and abilities better and smart and creative uses for them.

DICE shouldve improved the Spawning and maybe some small things. That wad the ONLY problem with Target system.

I want Target System back!
My priority list:

1. Fix Split screen mode bugs
2. Fix bugs
3. Bigger play area for Duel mode
4. More love for Starfighter modes
5. First Person only mode
Post edited by Important_info101 on

Replies

• Thechosen1_anakin
    6186 posts Member
    edited May 23
    The radar is disappearing & the kill count is going up pretty soon which will make the mode infinitely better than the target system. But as it is now it's a garbage game mode & I liked the TS more than this 5 minute game mode. Once they make changes I'll like it better than the old HvV
  • I cant play current HvsV for 3 and more games or soemthing unlike OG HvsV!
    My priority list:

2. Fix bugs
  • jordi1337
    1345 posts Member
    not much about the new tdm mode
  • Srublord
    206 posts Member
    Srublord wrote: »
    Previous system was unfair to blasters. As someone who plays blasters only I prefer this change

I find the opposite to be true. I main Phasma and this mode is not conducive to consistent blaster success. Removing the red circles would help this a lot.

Previously blaster target was a dead target. Red circles may be annoying, but it works both ways. I know position of sabers, so they can't ambush me and I can always engage them on range
  • Srublord
    206 posts Member
    New system removes all sorts of tactics, smart use of environment and abilities, creative teamwork and use of abilities. All that is lost.

Just because whiners that arent good enough to get runners or hiders, and people with bad teammates.

What creative master plan, that I'm sure would put Guderian to shame is obsolete in TDM?
  • Srublord wrote: »
    Previous system was unfair to blasters. As someone who plays blasters only I prefer this change

I find the opposite to be true. I main Phasma and this mode is not conducive to consistent blaster success. Removing the red circles would help this a lot.

Previously blaster target was a dead target. Red circles may be annoying, but it works both ways. I know position of sabers, so they can't ambush me and I can always engage them on range

But you were only a point value target 25% of the time. Now it’s 100%.

You can still engage them at range. You don’t need a circle for that. Just like you didn’t with the target system.

They don’t have to ambush you, all they need is to know your location. Sabers are stronger. It’s by design. They’re literally built to be stronger. No ambush required, just location.
  • Srublord
    206 posts Member

You can still engage them at range. You don’t need a circle for that. Just like you didn’t with the target system.

They don’t have to ambush you, all they need is to know your location. Sabers are stronger. It’s by design. They’re literally built to be stronger. No ambush required, just location.

You can still win again sabers as a blaster (except for Vader). The problem was that when you were the target, with lack of block, low regen and inferior mobility, you would always get "drained" after few approaches. Now with lives equal all the time I see no problem dying to saber after his xth attempt, because ticket goes down with every death

You can still win again sabers as a blaster (except for Vader). The problem was that when you were the target, with lack of block, low regen and inferior mobility, you would always get "drained" after few approaches. Now with lives equal all the time I see no problem dying to saber after his xth attempt, because ticket goes down with every death

You're not winning against a saber hero that knows what he's doing. Kylo thanks to his buff easily sends players back to the spawn screen, anakin being anakin, maul has always dominated blasters, Yoda can't be killed, grevious & dooku kill you in 4 seconds I could go in but I made my point. If a saber user is dying to a blaster in a 1v1 he sucks

If a saber hero has a brain he's not dying to a blaster hero in a 1v1.
  • Srublord
    206 posts Member

If a saber hero has a brain he's not dying to a blaster hero in a 1v1.

I'm not saying I'll always win, but I'm not bound to lose unless it's Vader (on DS I play mostly Boba, so I get an easier pass against few kryptonites). Also I forgot to mention that in my honest opinion without target system you can let more blasters loose and only Vader can survive combined firepower of Han and Lando and even he needs to a bit more carefull
  • Srublord
    206 posts Member

No LS blaster should beat any DS saber. It’s pretty much the same for the DS blasters too, but Boba is an exception.

If you’re beating sabers 1v1 as a blaster, send those guys my way please.

This

I dunno I feel pretty comfortable if I have some distance, unless it's Vader ofc (I mostly play Boba as DS so I have easier pass against some LS blaster kryptonites). Also I forgot to mention that in my humble opinion without target system you can let more blasters loose and I found that combined firepower and abilities of Han and Lando can give sabers a problem
  • The mode is ok... Well, it will be when they remove the enemy radar circles. And don’t go making it like Hero Showdown either. That would barely be any different at all. Find you team and go hunting. If it’s talking too long, fire or swing and the enemy will get a radar ping. I mean, someone’s always swinging a saber when they jump anyway right?

Other than that it is what it is. TDM. Without some added layer of objective gameplay, wins are just less satisfying. It’s like, “Wow! I just beat up on somebody who really didn’t have a chance!”. It’s like arguing with you wife or kids. You’re right, they’re wrong, but there little feel good when the arguing stops.

I am the one who jumps and swings. The animation is so satisfying how can you not? :p

The new mode is fun enough, especially since in my experience the target system resulted in a lot of TDM style play anyways. And as the target I was left alone far too often because my teammates were (in my head canon at least.) a bunch of prepubescent know it alls who’s mindset consists of “hurr durr I need moar kills for my KDR.” And completely ignore the objective of the game mode.

Don’t get me wrong, i’d love a HvV strike type of gamemode, with varrying objectives. But the target system wasn’t perfect and we need to stop acting like it was.
  • The mode is ok... Well, it will be when they remove the enemy radar circles. And don’t go making it like Hero Showdown either. That would barely be any different at all. Find you team and go hunting. If it’s talking too long, fire or swing and the enemy will get a radar ping. I mean, someone’s always swinging a saber when they jump anyway right?

Other than that it is what it is. TDM. Without some added layer of objective gameplay, wins are just less satisfying. It’s like, “Wow! I just beat up on somebody who really didn’t have a chance!”. It’s like arguing with you wife or kids. You’re right, they’re wrong, but there little feel good when the arguing stops.

I am the one who jumps and swings. The animation is so satisfying how can you not? :p

The new mode is fun enough, especially since in my experience the target system resulted in a lot of TDM style play anyways. And as the target I was left alone far too often because my teammates were (in my head canon at least.) a bunch of prepubescent know it alls who’s mindset consists of “hurr durr I need moar kills for my KDR.” And completely ignore the objective of the game mode.

Don’t get me wrong, i’d love a HvV strike type of gamemode, with varrying objectives. But the target system wasn’t perfect and we need to stop acting like it was.

Umm... Who ever acted like the target system was perfect?
  • I actually I like both, but the older one felt more peaceful. Things haven't still changed that much even. I still get chased by the whole enemy team. Rule number one is TO STAY WITH YOUR TEAM ALRIGHT.
    Current Topics:
    Hero/Villain Star Card Concepts
    Leia Organa Ability Improvements

b1p3arep6n15.png
    PSN / Twitter: PlayersPurity

❝ 𝘿𝙞𝙨𝙤𝙗𝙚𝙙𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙩. 𝘿𝙞𝙨𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙛𝙪𝙡, 𝙏𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙩𝙤𝙧! ❞
    - Captain Phasma

• sorry but in my opinion this new version is so much better. Target system encouraged running and suicide bombing from any non-targets.

I was doing really well with Phasma today, especially on Kamino.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1

I was doing really well with Phasma today, especially on Kamino.

Yesterday morning I came in first once with Phasma. Other times it was misery.
    I actually I like both, but the older one felt more peaceful. Things haven't still changed that much even. I still get chased by the whole enemy team. Rule number one is TO STAY WITH YOUR TEAM ALRIGHT.

• Empire_TW wrote: »
    New system is better

Its boring, not challanging and superficial.

Yes its "better", for the not better players! :D
    My priority list:

2. Fix bugs
  • I am becoming a bit of a convert on this mode. I think upping it to 50 tickets really helps, and people seem to be figuring out how important teamwork is. Yesterday played like a giant mosh pit for five straight minutes and it wasn't fun at all. But today people seem to be understanding the importance of regrouping.

This changes the mode a lot and makes it more enjoyable. Definitely curious to see what it would be like with the radar changed.

The downside is that people seem to quit A LOT more, and it can be devastating to the game. I've ended up in quite a few lobbies where I've been the only one playing. But I don't know what they can do with the trash players who do that.
  • I am becoming a bit of a convert on this mode. I think upping it to 50 tickets really helps, and people seem to be figuring out how important teamwork is. Yesterday played like a giant mosh pit for five straight minutes and it wasn't fun at all. But today people seem to be understanding the importance of regrouping.

This changes the mode a lot and makes it more enjoyable. Definitely curious to see what it would be like with the radar changed.

The downside is that people seem to quit A LOT more, and it can be devastating to the game. I've ended up in quite a few lobbies where I've been the only one playing. But I don't know what they can do with the trash players who do that.

Stay with your team and teamwork was waaay more important and valueble with the Target system
    My priority list:

2. Fix bugs
  • JediJam
    392 posts Member
    I am becoming a bit of a convert on this mode. I think upping it to 50 tickets really helps, and people seem to be figuring out how important teamwork is. Yesterday played like a giant mosh pit for five straight minutes and it wasn't fun at all. But today people seem to be understanding the importance of regrouping.

Well I find is that is encourages camping... Which is sort of team work but it's not much fun. There's not fun in killing lots of players just cos you 4 v 1 them all the time. It takes less skill and uses less of the maps than the target system did.
  • SrawDawg
    608 posts Member
    I don't care honestly.
  • I hated the old system. I actually had fun last night and will play again this weekend.
  • DarthLando
    1020 posts Member
    The new system is better.
    PSN: DarthLano19
  • New mode is better, now Boba can't fly away forever, and Anakin isn't a guaranteed victory.
  • DarthLando wrote: »

Its better for non better players *mindblown*
    My priority list:

2. Fix bugs

they should ban you from ANY online game modes. rocket league does it. the more you quit the longer the ban is. It starts at 5 minutes if you quit a competitive rocket league match and then 20 min. idk how long it goes up to but the idea is the more you quit the longer the ban
  • I find it very lacklustre and straight up boring with no objective and no thrill of snatching that clutch victory from down to the wire, essentially it's killed off what made it both fun and frustrating
  • loafhouse wrote: »
    I am becoming a bit of a convert on this mode. I think upping it to 50 tickets really helps, and people seem to be figuring out how important teamwork is. Yesterday played like a giant mosh pit for five straight minutes and it wasn't fun at all. But today people seem to be understanding the importance of regrouping.

they should ban you from ANY online game modes. rocket league does it. the more you quit the longer the ban is. It starts at 5 minutes if you quit a competitive rocket league match and then 20 min. idk how long it goes up to but the idea is the more you quit the longer the ban

Let me draw your attention to the word "competitive", now apply that to this game and your argument goes out the window...
  • DarthLando
    1020 posts Member
    DarthLando wrote: »

Its better for non better players *mindblown*
    I’m sorry you can no longer substitute skill for running or hiding.
    PSN: DarthLano19

Let me draw your attention to the word "competitive", now apply that to this game and your argument goes out the window...

my point is that in rocket league if you quit the game mode CALLED "competitive" it bans you from every other online game mode, not just competitive. it deters people from quitting if they know they can't just change to another mode

i do agree with you tho that its boring now. I loved the target system and i hated runners and cheaters as much as the next guy.
    loafhouse wrote: »
    loafhouse wrote: »

my point is that in rocket league if you quit the game mode CALLED "competitive" it bans you from every other online game mode, not just competitive. it deters people from quitting if they know they can't just change to another mode

but i do agree with you that the new system is super monotonous and the wins are much less satisfying than with the TS. I could play the old system for hours by myself even if i wasn't in a party and i hated runners and cheaters as much as the next guy. now i can play maybe 10 matches before i'm bored
  • I actually like this mode. Sure, I was fine with the target system, but I think I prefer this mode over it. I have had my mix of matches, steamrolls, being steamrolled, and exciting close matches, but the same thing could also occur with the target system. I also like that this mode encourages teamplay more than the target system, as sticking together is more important when running away is useless.
    Today, I played as Boba and Finn, and I wrecked with both of them, so I don’t see how this mode disadvantages blaster heroes (or at least those 2). It might only disadvantage Phasma, as the whole team will have to camp with her to make her even remotely useful. I haven’t played as a lightsaber hero yet, but I think the blaster heroes are definitely enjoying the Hero Blast version. Especially, since they can’t be snuck up on by a saber hero. Thus, this is why the saber heroes may be slightly disadvantaged, as they can no longer sneak up on blaster heroes and thus get melted in the face.
    Truly, I didn’t find the new mode all that different than HvV in truth, except with no running and less camping. This is making we wonder if all those who were runners, Phasma campers, and glitch exploiters (hiding in walls), are just venting their frustration that those tactics no longer work and that skill is actually required to win now.
    My best guess though is that all the saber lords are upset that they can no longer sneak up on blaster heroes (or any hero for that matter) and spam their lightsabers until they kill them.

Disclaimer: I have only played after they increased the elimination count to 50.
    Add more Extraction and SA maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 5: Episode IX
    “Season” 6: Rogue One
  • New system is way better. Now all the players who dont have a clue how to play their heroes are forced to learn them. The old mode was cancerous due to the runners and people who abused wall glitches to hide from their pursuers. Also yes, blaster heroes who were the target would get ganged up on which is just easy kills. TDM is the way HvV was meant to be, just like its predecessor the 2005 battlefront 2.
  • Darth_Vapor3
    3519 posts Member
    edited May 24
    JediJam wrote: »

Well I find is that is encourages camping... Which is sort of team work but it's not much fun. There's not fun in killing lots of players just cos you 4 v 1 them all the time. It takes less skill and uses less of the maps than the target system did.

It does. And that’s all it’ll ever be while there is radar assistance. There has to be the standard radar that pings attacks and abilities only. Anything else is a casual crutch that pros and premades will exploit.

• Empire_TW
    5984 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    New system is better

Its boring, not challanging and superficial.

Yes its "better", for the not better players! :D

In detail explain?

How specifically is it boring?
    How is it superficial?
    How is it better for the "not better players"?
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • OcDoc
    1326 posts Member
    It is a little too casual for me. So far I prefer the old mode.

I really want something different altogether or even a blend of the two which is possible.
  • Alex64
    6703 posts Member
    When run from the objective become more interesting instead to destroy the enemy team by slashin them?
    No one ever who win a match like this can say that's "CASUAL" and you only say that because you are bad to play and need to get good.
    E sono una imbranata