criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Why is epic rarity the max rank for starcards. We should have a legendary rank.

Legendary rarity is definitely needed as it adds something for players to work for. With this useless 1000 max rank thing, a gold tier legendary rarity star cards would be a great reward for the new ranking system.
  • For heroes, every 100 prestigious levels, a legendary tier star card gets unlocked and because there are nine-star cards per hero, it would take to 900 ranks to unlock the legendary rank on the ninth star card. This makes the hero star cards more powerful and useful.
  • For troopers, every 50 prestigious levels will unlock a legendary star card

The other option is for legendary star cards to unlock with skill points. Instead of taking one skill point to unlock like a normal common, uncommon, rare, epic rarities, it will take three skill points to unlock one legendary star card.

Replies

• Lagodaki
    912 posts Member
    Yes this should be a thing, maybe eventually but I doubt it
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif

I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction
  • vVrathh
    504 posts Member
    Yeah give me even more rockets for Boba like we had at launch.
  • JediJulius
    699 posts Member
    edited May 26
    Forgetting that I hate the power gap between common and epic Star Cards already, I don’t think it should be every 100 prestige levels. That would just further the power gap between veterans/hardcore players and casual or new players, especially depending on who has such an incredible abundance of time.

Maybe every 10 prestige levels? I would rather just skip the pointless power bloat and balancing nightmare and get some new blasters or something.
  • tankertoad
    6367 posts Member
    Yep. I need a thermal imploder to have a 75% increased radius. Because that makes sense.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • Versatti
    2197 posts Member
    tankertoad wrote: »
    Yep. I need a thermal imploder to have a 75% increased radius. Because that makes sense.

That’s the kind of thing that would happen, but i’d be content if they used it to actually make some of the useless cards viable and just give the popular cards a very minor tweak.
  • Versatti wrote: »
    tankertoad wrote: »

That’s the kind of thing that would happen, but i’d be content if they used it to actually make some of the useless cards viable and just give the popular cards a very minor tweak.

Orrrrrr we could just tweak and patch any weak Star Cards without power bloating the stronger ones?
  • Lagodaki
    912 posts Member
    I really don’t think it would be as bad as people say, I am all for infantry getting stronger. GA is a hero spam fest

Too bad they’ll never add the legendary rank though because of the backlash that’d follow
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif

I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction