criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

BF2015 is everything BF2 isn’t now

13Next

Replies

  • Well if they actually nerfed the ee4, then that need did as much as the first anakin nerf

    The nerf was actually quite noticeable. The EE-4 was insane before
    My name is Bob

  • d0kRX
    1434 posts Member
    The melee in 2015 is still much better than in 2017.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • banner
    57 posts Member
    lowell wrote: »
    Well from what I’ve seen, it seems like everybody at least agrees that weapons are a good thing
    BF2015 issues:
    $50 season pass
    Cheap builds
    Lack of launch content
    BF2 issues
    Hero balance
    Lack of trooper content(hero shooter)
    Guns
    Very repetitive and linear
    No arcade options
    I never thought I would ever make a post this big. Most of mine are overlooked. Thanks for taking the time to comment

    Other Issues that you missed noting with Battlefront 2015:

    No single-player story missions like Battlefront II's campaign

    Too much relying on only movies for content

    Bad starfighter mechanics

    Not appealing to the overall Star Wars community but targeting more Battlefield, Call of Duty, similar competitive e-sports-like gamers.

    Overboard on trooper content.

    Heroes vs Villains seems more like slice and dice

    Bad choice of heroes for DLC when there are better choices to choose from beyond the films in the OT era.

    i disagree on the starfighter mechanics in fighter squadron, people moan about that the roll was set for you etc but it actually worked! not like in the 2017 one where you still take on all the damage. Then people saying they didnt like the lock on in FS..like it makes it harder to target manually in the new one, yeah right! i get more player kills in SA than i ever did in FS! the defensive aspect of the new one is terrible though, i still get killed by noobs! yet im one of the top 10 players in the game! noobs couldnt touch me in 2015 version. maybe thats why more people like this version because everyone can get kills. where as in 2015 version noobs got wasted! i'll always prefer FS over SA just because of the defensive aspect of it, it was a more balanced game in terms of offence and defence. 2017 is just about offence and hero use and tactics with the hero's when you come up against the best players. defence in the game is doing loop de loops! its frustrating.
  • lowell
    1308 posts Member
    banner wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »
    Well from what I’ve seen, it seems like everybody at least agrees that weapons are a good thing
    BF2015 issues:
    $50 season pass
    Cheap builds
    Lack of launch content
    BF2 issues
    Hero balance
    Lack of trooper content(hero shooter)
    Guns
    Very repetitive and linear
    No arcade options
    I never thought I would ever make a post this big. Most of mine are overlooked. Thanks for taking the time to comment

    Other Issues that you missed noting with Battlefront 2015:

    No single-player story missions like Battlefront II's campaign

    Too much relying on only movies for content

    Bad starfighter mechanics

    Not appealing to the overall Star Wars community but targeting more Battlefield, Call of Duty, similar competitive e-sports-like gamers.

    Overboard on trooper content.

    Heroes vs Villains seems more like slice and dice

    Bad choice of heroes for DLC when there are better choices to choose from beyond the films in the OT era.

    i disagree on the starfighter mechanics in fighter squadron, people moan about that the roll was set for you etc but it actually worked! not like in the 2017 one where you still take on all the damage. Then people saying they didnt like the lock on in FS..like it makes it harder to target manually in the new one, yeah right! i get more player kills in SA than i ever did in FS! the defensive aspect of the new one is terrible though, i still get killed by noobs! yet im one of the top 10 players in the game! noobs couldnt touch me in 2015 version. maybe thats why more people like this version because everyone can get kills. where as in 2015 version noobs got wasted! i'll always prefer FS over SA just because of the defensive aspect of it, it was a more balanced game in terms of offence and defence. 2017 is just about offence and hero use and tactics with the hero's when you come up against the best players. defence in the game is doing loop de loops! its frustrating.

    Honestly, I love the starfighter mechanics in this current game better but we could use the three evasive maneuvers that were in the old game in the Starfighter Assault mode. I play on PC but still for Fighter Squadron, I had to get a lock, with holding a button instead of pressing once, on a ship in order to shoot but in the end, you need to use at least three buttons overall, when in SA, you only need one to shoot the cannons and one to press to launch the torpedoes. Starfighter Assault, while being designed by Criterion, not DICE who designed Fighter Squadron, is closer to the starfighter gameplay of the original Battlefront II and I really enjoyed it that I put in more time on this mode as much as Heroes vs. Villains, my two favorite modes in this game. After playing Fighter Squadron for a few attempts on Battlefront 2015 when I got it, I decided to wait it out for this game instead.
  • Ah, you play on PC. Perhaps that's why you feel everyone felt like MLG pros.

    The vast majority of BF15 players were on console. PC had an advantage in wider FOV and M&K. Personally, I wouldn't compare the BF15 and BF17 PC versions without including that you played on PC, because that makes a huge difference.
    My name is Bob

  • lowell
    1308 posts Member
    Ah, you play on PC. Perhaps that's why you feel everyone felt like MLG pros.

    The vast majority of BF15 players were on console. PC had an advantage in wider FOV and M&K. Personally, I wouldn't compare the BF15 and BF17 PC versions without including that you played on PC, because that makes a huge difference.

    Is there just a lot more PC players in this game than Battlefront 2015? I never actually played with consoles before, have been gaming only with PCs.

    I've also been wondering why Apple computers haven't gone full deep dive on becoming as superior in gaming as PCs. It would be great competition between the two since PCs has the kind of natural monopoly with computer gaming when PlayStation and Xbox share the console indsutry.
  • lowell wrote: »
    Ah, you play on PC. Perhaps that's why you feel everyone felt like MLG pros.

    The vast majority of BF15 players were on console. PC had an advantage in wider FOV and M&K. Personally, I wouldn't compare the BF15 and BF17 PC versions without including that you played on PC, because that makes a huge difference.

    Is there just a lot more PC players in this game than Battlefront 2015? I never actually played with consoles before, have been gaming only with PCs.

    I've also been wondering why Apple computers haven't gone full deep dive on becoming as superior in gaming as PCs. It would be great competition between the two since PCs has the kind of natural monopoly with computer gaming when PlayStation and Xbox share the console indsutry.

    There are more console players on BF17 too. However, I wouldn't be surprised if PC makes up a larger percentage of the playerbase than it did on BF15
    My name is Bob

  • lowell
    1308 posts Member
    edited May 27
    lowell wrote: »
    Ah, you play on PC. Perhaps that's why you feel everyone felt like MLG pros.

    The vast majority of BF15 players were on console. PC had an advantage in wider FOV and M&K. Personally, I wouldn't compare the BF15 and BF17 PC versions without including that you played on PC, because that makes a huge difference.

    Is there just a lot more PC players in this game than Battlefront 2015? I never actually played with consoles before, have been gaming only with PCs.

    I've also been wondering why Apple computers haven't gone full deep dive on becoming as superior in gaming as PCs. It would be great competition between the two since PCs has the kind of natural monopoly with computer gaming when PlayStation and Xbox share the console indsutry.

    There are more console players on BF17 too. However, I wouldn't be surprised if PC makes up a larger percentage of the playerbase than it did on BF15

    Is it just weird that I feel specifically Battlefront 2015 was designed to cater to specifically console players and this current game was in mind of all platforms? The learning curve in this game, though, is perfect for any kind of player (starting from introductory to experienced) to follow than the last game and I feel there's also some closeness with the original Battlefront II (2005) in the gameplay.
  • lowell wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »
    Ah, you play on PC. Perhaps that's why you feel everyone felt like MLG pros.

    The vast majority of BF15 players were on console. PC had an advantage in wider FOV and M&K. Personally, I wouldn't compare the BF15 and BF17 PC versions without including that you played on PC, because that makes a huge difference.

    Is there just a lot more PC players in this game than Battlefront 2015? I never actually played with consoles before, have been gaming only with PCs.

    I've also been wondering why Apple computers haven't gone full deep dive on becoming as superior in gaming as PCs. It would be great competition between the two since PCs has the kind of natural monopoly with computer gaming when PlayStation and Xbox share the console indsutry.

    There are more console players on BF17 too. However, I wouldn't be surprised if PC makes up a larger percentage of the playerbase than it did on BF15

    Is it just weird that I feel specifically Battlefront 2015 was designed to cater to specifically console players and this current game was in mind of all platforms? The learning curve in this game, though, is perfect for any kind of player (starting from introductory to experienced) to follow than the last game and I feel there's also some closeness with the original Battlefront II (2005) in the gameplay.
    Yup, definitely a learning curve. I don't think it's something this forum is familiar with
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • lowell wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »
    Ah, you play on PC. Perhaps that's why you feel everyone felt like MLG pros.

    The vast majority of BF15 players were on console. PC had an advantage in wider FOV and M&K. Personally, I wouldn't compare the BF15 and BF17 PC versions without including that you played on PC, because that makes a huge difference.

    Is there just a lot more PC players in this game than Battlefront 2015? I never actually played with consoles before, have been gaming only with PCs.

    I've also been wondering why Apple computers haven't gone full deep dive on becoming as superior in gaming as PCs. It would be great competition between the two since PCs has the kind of natural monopoly with computer gaming when PlayStation and Xbox share the console indsutry.

    There are more console players on BF17 too. However, I wouldn't be surprised if PC makes up a larger percentage of the playerbase than it did on BF15

    Is it just weird that I feel specifically Battlefront 2015 was designed to cater to specifically console players and this current game was in mind of all platforms? The learning curve in this game, though, is perfect for any kind of player (starting from introductory to experienced) to follow than the last game and I feel there's also some closeness with the original Battlefront II (2005) in the gameplay.

    There is no learning curve. It is super easy right out of the bat. This game isn't exactly Halo Championship Series
    My name is Bob

  • Ppong_Man12
    2625 posts Member
    lowell wrote: »
    Ah, you play on PC. Perhaps that's why you feel everyone felt like MLG pros.

    The vast majority of BF15 players were on console. PC had an advantage in wider FOV and M&K. Personally, I wouldn't compare the BF15 and BF17 PC versions without including that you played on PC, because that makes a huge difference.

    Is there just a lot more PC players in this game than Battlefront 2015? I never actually played with consoles before, have been gaming only with PCs.

    I've also been wondering why Apple computers haven't gone full deep dive on becoming as superior in gaming as PCs. It would be great competition between the two since PCs has the kind of natural monopoly with computer gaming when PlayStation and Xbox share the console indsutry.

    Dude I know right, I don’t understand it. I would love apple get into top end gaming pc’s, though I’d bet the cost would be staggering lol.
  • Their computers are priced as though the specs are something you'd get on a gaming PC. The specs aren't, of course.
    My name is Bob

  • jordi1337
    1397 posts Member
    ...cool? play 2015 then if its better
  • lowell wrote: »
    Ah, you play on PC. Perhaps that's why you feel everyone felt like MLG pros.

    The vast majority of BF15 players were on console. PC had an advantage in wider FOV and M&K. Personally, I wouldn't compare the BF15 and BF17 PC versions without including that you played on PC, because that makes a huge difference.

    Is there just a lot more PC players in this game than Battlefront 2015? I never actually played with consoles before, have been gaming only with PCs.

    I've also been wondering why Apple computers haven't gone full deep dive on becoming as superior in gaming as PCs. It would be great competition between the two since PCs has the kind of natural monopoly with computer gaming when PlayStation and Xbox share the console indsutry.

    Dude I know right, I don’t understand it. I would love apple get into top end gaming pc’s, though I’d bet the cost would be staggering lol.

    I think Apple is highly restrictive with their platform and who can put software on it. The machines themselves are more than capable. So you see only major publishers and developers putting games on Mac's.
  • lowell wrote: »
    Ah, you play on PC. Perhaps that's why you feel everyone felt like MLG pros.

    The vast majority of BF15 players were on console. PC had an advantage in wider FOV and M&K. Personally, I wouldn't compare the BF15 and BF17 PC versions without including that you played on PC, because that makes a huge difference.

    Is there just a lot more PC players in this game than Battlefront 2015? I never actually played with consoles before, have been gaming only with PCs.

    I've also been wondering why Apple computers haven't gone full deep dive on becoming as superior in gaming as PCs. It would be great competition between the two since PCs has the kind of natural monopoly with computer gaming when PlayStation and Xbox share the console indsutry.

    Dude I know right, I don’t understand it. I would love apple get into top end gaming pc’s, though I’d bet the cost would be staggering lol.

    I think Apple is highly restrictive with their platform and who can put software on it. The machines themselves are more than capable. So you see only major publishers and developers putting games on Mac's.

    The specifications aren't optimal for long-term use as a gaming computer
    My name is Bob

  • lowell wrote: »
    Ah, you play on PC. Perhaps that's why you feel everyone felt like MLG pros.

    The vast majority of BF15 players were on console. PC had an advantage in wider FOV and M&K. Personally, I wouldn't compare the BF15 and BF17 PC versions without including that you played on PC, because that makes a huge difference.

    Is there just a lot more PC players in this game than Battlefront 2015? I never actually played with consoles before, have been gaming only with PCs.

    I've also been wondering why Apple computers haven't gone full deep dive on becoming as superior in gaming as PCs. It would be great competition between the two since PCs has the kind of natural monopoly with computer gaming when PlayStation and Xbox share the console indsutry.

    Dude I know right, I don’t understand it. I would love apple get into top end gaming pc’s, though I’d bet the cost would be staggering lol.

    I think Apple is highly restrictive with their platform and who can put software on it. The machines themselves are more than capable. So you see only major publishers and developers putting games on Mac's.

    The specifications aren't optimal for long-term use as a gaming computer

    My friend uses Mac's for gaming all the time. He just doesn't want to have to try to use a VM or partition the drive for games that aren't on Mac. Blizzard and other games have clients on the Mac.
  • d0kRX
    1434 posts Member
    jordi1337 wrote: »
    ...cool? play 2015 then if its better

    This reply doesn't really add anything and makes me want to break rules...
    PSN: d0kRX
  • Yall here that? All trooper onlys got a whole game
  • Yall here that? All trooper onlys got a whole game

    It had infantry content, hero content, and mixed content. BF15 wasn't just infantry, although it wisely included infantry-only options, as any serious AAA shooter should.
    My name is Bob

  • Yall here that? All trooper onlys got a whole game

    It had infantry content, hero content, and mixed content. BF15 wasn't just infantry, although it wisely included infantry-only options, as any serious AAA shooter should.

    I'm playing it rn, even Walker is essentially all infantry . Did u ever play bf1? Seriously try it it's ok.
  • Yall here that? All trooper onlys got a whole game

    It had infantry content, hero content, and mixed content. BF15 wasn't just infantry, although it wisely included infantry-only options, as any serious AAA shooter should.

    I'm playing it rn, even Walker is essentially all infantry . Did u ever play bf1? Seriously try it it's ok.

    I probably played BF15 more than you did
    My name is Bob

  • banner
    57 posts Member

    i disagree on the starfighter mechanics in fighter squadron, people moan about that the roll was set for you etc but it actually worked! not like in the 2017 one where you still take on all the damage. Then people saying they didnt like the lock on in FS..like it makes it harder to target manually in the new one, yeah right! i get more player kills in SA than i ever did in FS! the defensive aspect of the new one is terrible though, i still get killed by noobs! yet im one of the top 10 players in the game! noobs couldnt touch me in 2015 version. maybe thats why more people like this version because everyone can get kills. where as in 2015 version noobs got wasted! i'll always prefer FS over SA just because of the defensive aspect of it, it was a more balanced game in terms of offence and defence. 2017 is just about offence and hero use and tactics with the hero's when you come up against the best players. defence in the game is doing loop de loops! its frustrating. [/quote]

    Honestly, I love the starfighter mechanics in this current game better but we could use the three evasive maneuvers that were in the old game in the Starfighter Assault mode. I play on PC but still for Fighter Squadron, I had to get a lock, with holding a button instead of pressing once, on a ship in order to shoot but in the end, you need to use at least three buttons overall, when in SA, you only need one to shoot the cannons and one to press to launch the torpedoes. Starfighter Assault, while being designed by Criterion, not DICE who designed Fighter Squadron, is closer to the starfighter gameplay of the original Battlefront II and I really enjoyed it that I put in more time on this mode as much as Heroes vs. Villains, my two favorite modes in this game. After playing Fighter Squadron for a few attempts on Battlefront 2015 when I got it, I decided to wait it out for this game instead.[/quote]

    the mechanics are ok but yeah i miss the three evasive maneuvers. trouble was very few people knew how to use them. There was nothing quite like a head on 1v1 while in an interceptor, hitting speed boosts, then pressing RB then fire and spin at the same time and taking them out in mini seconds! or hitting continous speed boosts when you get the warning that someone is on your tail, watching the map to put some distance between you and them, then when you think the time is right turn hard so youre face to face with them, then spin and fire at the same time and take them out. Theres no cool moves like that in starfighter, i never get the same satisfaction from any of the maneuvers or when i take players out like i did and do on fighter squadron. Starfighter is actually a more basic game in terms of what you can actually do with the ordinary ships. i miss the continuous speed boost to, it sucks playing at a snail pace.
  • Wow. I seemed to have posted a very controversial topic. I usually never get so many replies.
  • I've been playing BF2015 the past two days. While it is a good game, BF2 is so much better. I forgot how much cheeseball nonsense there was on that game. Getting OHK nonstop by secondary fire, scatter gun, and pulse cannon is not fun. I do like the weapons and customization, but the gameplay on BF2 is just so much better.

    I really wish BF2 had Cargo and the other three Extraction maps.
  • I've been playing BF2015 the past two days. While it is a good game, BF2 is so much better. I forgot how much cheeseball nonsense there was on that game. Getting OHK nonstop by secondary fire, scatter gun, and pulse cannon is not fun. I do like the weapons and customization, but the gameplay on BF2 is just so much better.

    I really wish BF2 had Cargo and the other three Extraction maps.

    I never had an issue with secondary fire after they nerfed it
    My name is Bob

Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!