criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission

The Games With Gold (And Other Such Services) Appreciation Thread

(Note: I don't know what the other services are, or which other companies have them, except Sony, but we could discuss them here too.)
So, I've been meaning to post this thread for awhile, but kept forgetting to, but now that I know what next month's games are I figured now's a good time as any.
Which games have you gotten with this service, and which ones are you looking forward to?
November Games
Xbox One:
  • Battlefield 1
  • Race The Sun
Xbox 360:
  • Assassins Creed
  • Dante's Inferno
#JoinTheBuzz
8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
Never forget

Replies

  • Already have Battlefield 1, but I'm looking forward to Assassin's Creed
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Already have Battlefield 1, but I'm looking forward to Assassin's Creed

    Next month's games aren't really my cup of tea (and I only use the 360 games), but I figured the list would be nice to have.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • I suggest grabbing the Battlefield 1 Premium Pass today. It's free. I imagine it will go back to normal price tomorrow.

    Chances are though that it will all be included when that game hits for free next month, though.

    I downloaded the free premium pass today. No intentions of ever playing the game actually. But...better to have and not need, than need and not have.
  • Unwarycoin wrote: »
    Already have Battlefield 1, but I'm looking forward to Assassin's Creed

    Next month's games aren't really my cup of tea (and I only use the 360 games), but I figured the list would be nice to have.

    Well Race The Sun could be fun, but I already covered why I'll wait for next month's games.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • December's games:
    Xbox One.
    • Qube 2.
    • Never Alone.
    Xbox 360.
    • Dragon Age II.
    • Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction (an original Xbox game, I don't think there's any precedence for this).
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • January 2019 games:
    Xbox One.
    • Celeste
    • WSC 6
    Xbox 360.
    • Laura Croft: Guardian of Light
    • FarCry 2
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • February 2019 games
    Xbox One
    • Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon.
    • Super Bomberman R
    Xbox 360
    • Assassins Creed Rogue
    • Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • I check Xbox.com at least twice a month to get the free games whether I think I'll play them or not. Most times I don't even download the games, but they'll be there if I change my mind.
    The last free game I actually played was Battlefield 1, but I mostly just played through the campaign.
    Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs
  • Does anyone know if online multiplayer still works on Jedi Acadamy, and if not what do I miss?
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Unwarycoin
    6021 posts Member
    March 2019 games
    Xbox One
    1. Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion
    2. Plants VS. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2
    Xbox 360
    1. Star Wars: Republic Commando
    2. Metal Gear Rising: Revengance
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • April 2019 games
    Xbox One
    • Technomancer
    • Outcast: Second Contact
    Xbox 360
    • Star Wars Battlefront II (2005)
    • Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2
    Does the 2005 Battlefront 2 have online multiplayer still? I believe it does but I’m just wondering.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • EA_Rtas
    1191 posts EA Moderator
    Unwarycoin wrote: »
    April 2019 games
    Xbox One
    • Technomancer
    • Outcast: Second Contact
    Xbox 360
    • Star Wars Battlefront II (2005)
    • Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2
    Does the 2005 Battlefront 2 have online multiplayer still? I believe it does but I’m just wondering.

    It does not as it's an Xbox original title and those servers are shut down. As far as I'm aware there are ways to play it online however.
  • EA_Rtas wrote: »
    Unwarycoin wrote: »
    April 2019 games
    Xbox One
    • Technomancer
    • Outcast: Second Contact
    Xbox 360
    • Star Wars Battlefront II (2005)
    • Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2
    Does the 2005 Battlefront 2 have online multiplayer still? I believe it does but I’m just wondering.

    It does not as it's an Xbox original title and those servers are shut down. As far as I'm aware there are ways to play it online however.

    I did here that the servers were restored to celebrate the release of the 2017 game, but that might have been just for Steam.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • ARF365
    17 posts Member
    Wasn't it the BF2 servers had been restored alongside BF1 dlc for the retrocomp. to celebrate May the 4th?

  • ARF365 wrote: »
    Wasn't it the BF2 servers had been restored alongside BF1 dlc for the retrocomp. to celebrate May the 4th?

    I don’t remember?
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Unwarycoin
    6021 posts Member
    Unwarycoin wrote: »
    EA_Rtas wrote: »
    Unwarycoin wrote: »
    April 2019 games
    Xbox One
    • Technomancer
    • Outcast: Second Contact
    Xbox 360
    • Star Wars Battlefront II (2005)
    • Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2
    Does the 2005 Battlefront 2 have online multiplayer still? I believe it does but I’m just wondering.

    It does not as it's an Xbox original title and those servers are shut down. As far as I'm aware there are ways to play it online however.

    I did here that the servers were restored to celebrate the release of the 2017 game, but that might have been just for Steam.

    I just checked, it seems to only be for GOG and Steam,
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Unwarycoin
    6021 posts Member
    May 2019
    Xbox One
    • Marooners
    • The Golf Club 2019
    Xbox 360
    • Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon
    • Comic*Jumper
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Unwarycoin
    6021 posts Member
    June 2019
    Xbox One
    • NHL 19
    • Rivals of Aether
    Xbox 360
    • Portal: Still Alive
    • Earth Defense Force 2017
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Can't wait for NHL19.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Unwarycoin
    6021 posts Member
    I wonder if the Xbox 360 servers for Portal: Still Alive and Portal 2 are still active?
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Unwarycoin
    6021 posts Member
    July 2019
    Xbox One
    • Inside
    • Big Crown Showdown
    Xbox 360
    • Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
    • Meet the Robinsons
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Might try Castlevania and Meet the Robinsons.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • bfloo
    15738 posts Member
    Unwarycoin wrote: »
    I wonder if the Xbox 360 servers for Portal: Still Alive and Portal 2 are still active?

    Playing them on X1 I've yet to come across a 360 game where mp was on :'(

    It was a let down for the og bf2.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Unwarycoin
    6021 posts Member
    Might try Castlevania and Meet the Robinsons.

    Fair warning, it seems like in Meet the Robinsons you can’t backtrack, but I’m not sure (The guide seems to imply that you could reload an old save to get Achievements you missed {even though it mentions that 11 are missable} and a guide on GameFAQS says you can’t replay old levels and you only have one save file).
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Belated post, but here it goes.
    August 2019 games
    Xbox One
    • Gears of War 4
    • Forza Motorsport 6
    Xbox 360
    • Torchlight
    • Castlevania ~Lords of Shadow~

    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • September 2019
    Xbox One
    • Hitman: The Complete First Season
    • We Were Here
    Xbox 360
    • Earth Defense Force 2025
    • Tekken Tag Tournament 2
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!