criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Heroes are no longer the priority. Add content for troopers.

Replies

• More gun please
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    Poor Relmets. Forcefully censored, and his only sin was to advocate for more trooper content. For the game to start resembling a Battlefront title again.

#FreeRelmets

What’s happened?
  • skincarver
    1018 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    Poor Relmets. Forcefully censored, and his only sin was to advocate for more trooper content. For the game to start resembling a Battlefront title again.

#FreeRelmets

What’s happened?

I don’t know but discussing it here would likely get us in trouble as well

Trooper content!
  • skincarver wrote: »
    KresusFIN wrote: »

#FreeRelmets

What’s happened?

I don’t know but discussing it here would likely get us in trouble as well

Trooper content!

Well, if I can’t find out, I’ll join the wagon
    #FreeRelmets
  • Free Relmets.
    6tbpq6deynxg.jpeg
    gjlhaxfm3e34.jpeg
    A very wise Jedi once said, "Don't touch anything."

Stay home and play Battlefront.
  • Alex64
    8166 posts Member
    Ironic, now they are asking now if we want heroes or troopers in the new survey.
    Why did your sold your soul to the devil?
  • Alex64
    8166 posts Member
    And Obviously the majority want troopers.
  • Ppong_Man12
    3128 posts Member
    Free Relmets.
    6tbpq6deynxg.jpeg
    gjlhaxfm3e34.jpeg

Lmao.
  • Ppong_Man12
    3128 posts Member
    On your return mylord.

e3oxuqtae1g0.gif

• More content for troopers.
  • New weapons for troopers, new skins for troopers and new maps for trooper modes.
  • Alex64
    8166 posts Member
    62.gif
    Looking into the Empire appearances menu
  • Alex64 wrote: »

I bet heroes will win. Most of the infantry guys I know are sick of 17 and gave up on it entirely. They won't vote in polls or anything
    My name is Bob

• More trooper content. Also free Relmets.
    7dzrkepfvvn7.jpeg

• Alex64
    8166 posts Member
    Alex64 wrote: »

I bet heroes will win. Most of the infantry guys I know are sick of 17 and gave up on it entirely. They won't vote in polls or anything

We will see...

giphy.gif
  • Free Relmets.
    a0ikz40k13da.jpeg

• Xerogon
    535 posts Member
    Something to pass the time until R’s return lol.

• skincarver
    1018 posts Member
    Welcome back.

This:
    New weapons for troopers, new skins for troopers and new maps for trooper modes.

• Relmets
    2666 posts Member
    skincarver wrote: »
    Welcome back.

This:
    New weapons for troopers, new skins for troopers and new maps for trooper modes.

Thanks

yeah that:

@Jenga_Fett1 Free Birds is classic

[+3748 posts]
  • Darth_Vapor3
    4929 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    @Relmets

Good to see you back.

I wonder what it’ll take to get a...

Focused Feedback: Troopers

...around here.
  • skincarver
    1018 posts Member
    @Relmets

Good to see you back.

...around here.

THAT would be something
  • Relmets
    2666 posts Member
    @Relmets

Good to see you back.

Thanks friend, we'll see how long I last this time

...around here.

probably a miracle

@F8RGE @EA_Charlemagne
    [+3748 posts]
  • Darth_Vapor3
    4929 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Relmets wrote: »
    @Relmets

Good to see you back.

...around here.

probably a miracle

@F8RGE @EA_Charlemagne

Here’s to hoping that Friday will be the surprise we’ve been waiting for. Just the crumbs of an announcement, about a future announcement, that’ll address some trooper content, other than clone armors.
  • Relmets
    2666 posts Member
    @Relmets

Good to see you back.

...around here.

probably a miracle

@F8RGE @EA_Charlemagne

Here’s to hoping that Friday will be the surprise we’ve been waiting for. Just the crumbs of an announcement, about a future announcement, that’ll address some trooper content, other than clone armors.

@F8RGE @EA_Charlemagne

giphy.gif
    [+3748 posts]

• Relmets wrote: »
    @Relmets

Good to see you back.

...around here.

probably a miracle

@F8RGE @EA_Charlemagne

@F8RGE @EA_Charlemagne

giphy.gif

If they do they leave us no choice but to declare them Excommunicado.

08j485yzmt6h.gif
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    cheers for taking care of the thread, lovelies

+100,000HP (Never let the thread die)
  • Piscettios
    6407 posts Member
    Interesting idea.

In BFV we're getting our own individual private servers. We can custom set things like play list, damage model, classes allowed, weapons allowed etc.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/blsfks/community_broadcast_the_evolution_of_rsp/

Why not start a similar programme up for Battlefront? I believe both Battlefront and Battlefield run off amazon servers? Only Battlefront servers would allow players to ban certain heroes/reinforcements (or in my case all of them).

It won't solve the drought in Infantry content, but it would allow all sections of the community to truly enjoy Battlefront rather than purely catering to the HeroCrutchLords.
    As a side effect it would also revitalise the community scene as clans would once again be able to go to war with each other instead of stomping randoms in pub's.

Everyones a winner.

I’ve been suggesting and asking for server rentals since the last game. Never gets much love or gains much traction. It would absolutely work well in this games space for us Star Wars fans.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Need some new content for troopers.
  • It's not just troopers that need adjustment, it's the starfighter assault as well.
  • ID_8615
    793 posts Member
    Latest round on Naboo.
    Died 16x as a Cloner.
    Once in a starship.
    Twice to enemy trooper fire.
    Once respawned on my own.
    The rest (12x or 75% if math is hard) was at the rockets of Aerials or hands of Villains (oddly enough, no infiltrators). Rockets again in Boba's case.

So much fun dying endlessly to Hero-lords. /sarc
  • Lee1981
    1998 posts Member
    ID_8615 wrote: »
    Latest round on Naboo.
    Died 16x as a Cloner.
    Once in a starship.
    The rest (12x or 75% if math is hard) was at the rockets of Aerials or hands of Villains (oddly enough, no infiltrators). Rockets again in Boba's case.

Git gud
  • Lee1981
    1998 posts Member
    Piscettios wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    ID_8615 wrote: »
    Latest round on Naboo.
    Died 16x as a Cloner.
    Once in a starship.

Git gud

Quick! If you look up and behind you, you can still see his point going over your head.
    His point about dying to everything in the game designed to kill you

Yep, I stand by git gud
  • vivaladavidoff
    308 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Interesting idea.

In BFV we're getting our own individual private servers. We can custom set things like play list, damage model, classes allowed, weapons allowed etc.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/blsfks/community_broadcast_the_evolution_of_rsp/

Why not start a similar programme up for Battlefront? I believe both Battlefront and Battlefield run off amazon servers? Only Battlefront servers would allow players to ban certain heroes/reinforcements (or in my case all of them).

It won't solve the drought in Infantry content, but it would allow all sections of the community to truly enjoy Battlefront rather than purely catering to the HeroCrutchLords.
    As a side effect it would also revitalise the community scene as clans would once again be able to go to war with each other instead of stomping randoms in pub's.

Everyones a winner.

I’ve been suggesting and asking for server rentals since the last game. Never gets much love or gains much traction. It would absolutely work well in this games space for us Star Wars fans.

It wouldn't even be a rental. Amazon servers spin up when there's a player demand and shut down when player volume is too low.
    What Dice have somehow managed to do is make it so that you can custom tailor your specific game settings and each time you go online and a server spins up, it immediately installs them. (Bare in mind they haven't released them yet, so how well they actually work is anyone's guess)

So the tech to implement this must by now be in a deep stage of development configured by Dice to work with the FrostBite engine and Amazon servers, same as Battlefront.
    In terms of cost the initial outlay is in the development (which is coming from revenue designated for Battlefield, not Battlefront.), EA/Dice are paying only for active servers, whereas in the past the servers stayed open 24hrs whether played or empty. In terms of expenditure it's looks like a total win for Battlefront.

I'm sure it's not as simple as I'm describing it, but if these are a success with Battlefield then I see no reason why they can't be just as big a hit with Battlefront, satisfying a portion of the community that have largely been ignored and possibly helping to bring back a lot of the more competitive minded players from BF2015.
    All at a relatively minor cost in terms of immediate and long term benefit to the entire of the Battlefront community.

• Piscettios
    6407 posts Member
    Interesting idea.

Everyones a winner.

It wouldn't even be a rental. Amazon servers spin up when there's a player demand and shut down when player volume is too low.
    What Dice have somehow managed to do is make it so that you can custom tailor your specific game settings and each time you go online and a server spins up, it immediately installs them. (Bare in mind they haven't released them yet, so how well they actually work is anyone's guess)

So the tech to implement this must by now be in a deep stage of development configured by Dice to work with the FrostBite engine and Amazon servers, same as Battlefront.
    In terms of cost the initial outlay is in the development (which is coming from revenue designated for Battlefield, not Battlefront.), EA/Dice are paying only for active servers, whereas in the past the servers stayed open 24hrs whether played or empty. In terms of expenditure it's looks like a total win for Battlefront.

I'm sure it's not as simple as I'm describing it, but if these are a success with Battlefield then I see no reason why they can't be just as big a hit with Battlefront, satisfying a portion of the community that have largely been ignored and possibly helping to bring back a lot of the more competitive minded players from BF2015.

Ah ha, thanks for clarifying. Haven’t played BFV. That does sound like a pretty cool thing 👌🏻

Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    Interesting idea.

Everyones a winner.

Ah ha, thanks for clarifying. Haven’t played BFV. That does sound like a pretty cool thing 👌🏻

I'm genuinely excited for what this could mean for BF2. The Infantry revolution can finally begin!!
  • Relmets
    2666 posts Member

If they do they leave us no choice but to declare them Excommunicado.

08j485yzmt6h.gif

Your license to the Star Wars franchise has been...
    mforo16qils5.gif

[+3748 posts]
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    Interesting idea.

Everyones a winner.

I'm genuinely excited for what this could mean for BF2. The Infantry revolution can finally begin!!

I tried leading a charge for private servers last summer. Same results as everyone else. This is interesting information and merits cautious optimism. Nice job, and thanks.
  • Relmets
    2666 posts Member
    Maliainu wrote: »
    cheers for taking care of the thread, lovelies

+100,000HP (Never let the thread die)

GratefulGlossyBighornedsheep-small.gif
    Reminder the ladies LOVE trooper content
    P.S. @WarfareKiller41 are you liking all this bump action
    [+3748 posts]
  • UrbanGlitch
    3758 posts Member