criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Palpatine needs a block

Replies

• quenaelin
    1128 posts Member
    Alex64 wrote: »
    So every blaster hero need a block

They already have some kind of blocking, Leia has shield, Iden has droid shield and Bossk has mine field, Chewie has his ground slam, Phasma with her droid, Han has his detonite charge...
  • JAREDUP
    1622 posts Member
    I think palps doesn't use a saber anymore so he won't be viewed as a sith, while vader is known to be a old jedi
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • Prop4FORDAYZ
    70 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    He also had the ability to block, even as the emperor. He just used his hand instead of his lightsaber.
  • He needs a block. When you go up against Anakin, Luke, Yoda, and Obi Wan who do nothing but spam their knockdown moves, it pretty much negates any advantage Palpatine has mobility wise. They can block your lightning. And the range on Anakin's grab move seems infinite right now. As in you can't get close enough to hit him with lightning without getting force pulled. They either need to give Palps a block or limit the effectiveness of the knockdowns against him. It's pretty ridiculous right now.
  • ROMG4
    4115 posts Member
    edited January 2
    Terranova4 wrote: »
    So with Maul finally getting a block and Yoda getting a saber block I think Palpatine should also get his block back since his situation is just like Maul's

Come on who's with me huh?

3l070p.jpg

THE EMPEROR'S HAND!
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/152598/the-oom-9-vs-jar-jar-season

Episode 9's Ending
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6025735/uploads/editor/15/zs312vl0xftg.jpeg
  • Royox
    111 posts Member
    Give him a lightsaber as melee attack and block, but take out his floatiness and ultra dodges.
  • He just need a weak block vs blasters and force abilities, principally to block abilities like push and pull
  • wurm90125 wrote: »
    He needs a block. When you go up against Anakin, Luke, Yoda, and Obi Wan who do nothing but spam their knockdown moves, it pretty much negates any advantage Palpatine has mobility wise. They can block your lightning. And the range on Anakin's grab move seems infinite right now. As in you can't get close enough to hit him with lightning without getting force pulled. They either need to give Palps a block or limit the effectiveness of the knockdowns against him. It's pretty ridiculous right now.

I used to think that, but now that I've mained him for quite awhile, I can honestly say he doesn't need a block. Just dodge more and don't do full height jumps.

I've done all of that. I really don't stop moving or jumping, but I literally just got out of a match where the opposing team consisted of Yoda, Anakin, Obi-Wan and Luke. I don't expect to duck lightsaber strikes, but when you count the knockdowns, that's a total of 6 knockdowns in any scrum that Palpatine needs to withstand without any ability to block. He also doesn't have the range on his lightning strikes to stay out of range of the knockdown moves and strike, even with the reach star card. Not like a blaster guy would. I literally can't hit Anakin with lightning at a certain range, yet his pull dominance can get me.
    wurm90125 wrote: »
    He needs a block. When you go up against Anakin, Luke, Yoda, and Obi Wan who do nothing but spam their knockdown moves, it pretty much negates any advantage Palpatine has mobility wise. They can block your lightning. And the range on Anakin's grab move seems infinite right now. As in you can't get close enough to hit him with lightning without getting force pulled. They either need to give Palps a block or limit the effectiveness of the knockdowns against him. It's pretty ridiculous right now.

I used to think that, but now that I've mained him for quite awhile, I can honestly say he doesn't need a block. Just dodge more and don't do full height jumps.

I've done all of that. I really don't stop moving or jumping, but I literally just got out of a match where the opposing team consisted of Yoda, Anakin, Obi-Wan and Luke. I don't expect to duck lightsaber strikes, but when you count the knockdowns, that's a total of 6 knockdowns in any scrum that Palpatine needs to withstand without any ability to block. He also doesn't have the range on his lightning strikes to stay out of range of the knockdown moves and strike, even with the reach star card. Not like a blaster guy would. I literally can't hit Anakin with lightning at a certain range, yet his pull dominance can get me.

You just said it.. I don't stop moving or JUMPING. That's a big part of your issue most likely. I don't jump with him unless I absolutely have to and even then, it's NEVER a full height jump unless I'm jumping to a higher platform. Dodge, dodge, and dodge some more. Dodge through a saber hero so you end up behind them. Turn around, spam two handed lightning, rinse and repeat.
  • He should get a block that only blocks blaster fire and force powers, not lightsabers

And it should be weak against blasters

Mostly there to prevent rag dolling from force users

I don’t think he’d balancing changes with a block like that

This. The rag dolling is totally out of control with him right now. When you are going against a team that has 6 knockdown moves available to them at any given time, it's annoying. He either needs a block against force moves, or the knockdowns don't work as long as he's on the move. Either that or the knockdowns don't have as much effect as on other players. Especially with Anakin being in the game. The range of pull dominance is complete and utter **** right now.

He should get a block that only blocks blaster fire and force powers, not lightsabers

And it should be weak against blasters

Mostly there to prevent rag dolling from force users

I don’t think he’d balancing changes with a block like that

This. The rag dolling is totally out of control with him right now. When you are going against a team that has 6 knockdown moves available to them at any given time, it's annoying. He either needs a block against force moves, or the knockdowns don't work as long as he's on the move. Either that or the knockdowns don't have as much effect as on other players. Especially with Anakin being in the game. The range of pull dominance is complete and utter ***** right now.

Anakin pull and Obi push are the easiest ragdolls for him to dodge. And Luke's push basically saves him LOL.
  • I mean, it would be nice if he could block. But he'd need major adjustments in order to be balanced. Like make him only regenerate health on kills or such, or his dash distance is shorter. Something like that. And if he can block, it's the same as BF 2015 where he uses Tutaminis (like Yoda does with his Unleash ability, but can't fire it back). Also, it can block maybe 3 to 4 saber strikes because it drains a boat load of stamina.

Bottom line, I'd like it, but he'd need MAJOR balancing changes, and since it isnt a must as he's still good right now, I don't think the team should concern themselves with this really at the moment.

I don't think you'd need balancing changes. This would be one. It would stop the constant rag dolling this character faces when going up against teams that have up to 7 knockdown moves they can spam at any time against a player with no ability to block them. Giving him limited block ability against that would literally be a balancing change.
  • I agree palp should have a block, but I also agree he's in no spot to get a buff. Despite the recent nerf, he got a buff on his Show No Mercy Star Card, which was unnecessary. And the new saber blocking mechanics were also a buff to him. As he is now he must not get another buff.

If he gets a block he must get some type of nerf. About his block I think it should behave like old yoda's block which only blocked shots and force powers (except saber throws), but it should spend much more stamina for each thing he blocks, like Grievous blocking blaster shots.

Despite the increased stamina cost, his stamina regen is so insane that this won't balance things out.

Maybe one way to allow Palpatine to block is to reduce his stamina regen. But I'm not sure here, didn't spend much time analyzing this to say this is a good solution. It actually just popped on my head.
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • He definitely needs a block against force powers but not lightsabers

No dude. He is already strong without his block
  • Palpatine does not need a block in his current build - not at all - in skilled hands he is already the most tide turning character in HvV. Yes if you are 1 Palpatine vs 4 sabers you can get rag-dolled - but even in those situations I find him quite formidable. In a 1 v 1 I almost never lose with him, even in a 1 v 2 - but he is best in a team situation, always circling around and passing through the center of the action.
  • Literally two days ago I was playing hvv with some friends on Castle. We were down by 12 points, I switched to Palpatine and we ended up winning 14-0
  • Kessel*
  • awakespace wrote: »
    Palpatine does not need a block in his current build - not at all - in skilled hands he is already the most tide turning character in HvV. Yes if you are 1 Palpatine vs 4 sabers you can get rag-dolled - but even in those situations I find him quite formidable. In a 1 v 1 I almost never lose with him, even in a 1 v 2 - but he is best in a team situation, always circling around and passing through the center of the action.

Then every blaster hero need a block
  • Lord_Tyrannus
    1375 posts Member
    edited January 4
    wurm90125 wrote: »

If we follow your logic than all heros need blocks
    Palpatine does not need a block in his current build - not at all - in skilled hands he is already the most tide turning character in HvV. Yes if you are 1 Palpatine vs 4 sabers you can get rag-dolled - but even in those situations I find him quite formidable. In a 1 v 1 I almost never lose with him, even in a 1 v 2 - but he is best in a team situation, always circling around and passing through the center of the action.

I don't follow... How does my suggestion to keep Palpatine from getting a block equate to every blaster hero needing a block?
  • Palpatine is the most OP hero there is at the moment. I see average players getting massive scores because of him, and then if they don't get him, they suck haha he needs quite a big nerf in terms of his ability to escape away from the enemy. I think either his forward spin dash needs to go or the height of his jump lowered significantly.

There is no way this hero needs a block. Even though Boba has a jet pack, I'd still say palpatine is the most agile hero in combat situations along with maul and Luke, yet the difference is that palpatine is a ranged hero. So he doesn't need to get in close to heroes or troopers. Also he's not even just simply a ranged hero. His lightning takes no aiming skill beyond pointing in the general direction of the enemy.

If you main palps and you struggle with getting good killstreaks, it's just because you aren't good enough with him yet and it's not because he doesn't have a block.
    awakespace wrote: »

I don't follow... How does my suggestion to keep Palpatine from getting a block equate to every blaster hero needing a block?

Tell me is the game balanced when 7 villains can block and only 6 heros can block.
  • You want to make palpetine op.
  • nope.
    g5nbsc0lc37n.gif
  • I Agree they should bring back the block mechanic from the first game Palps end up running away In to many confrontations

Tell me is the game balanced when 7 villains can block and only 6 heros can block.

Umm each team has 5 sabers so only 5 people can block on each team. Get your facts right before you start posting please lmao
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• BlueSpy3DO
    868 posts Member
    edited January 5
    I feel like this was posted after some bad games with palpatine, his play style should never put him in direct combat unless absolutely necessary for survival hence why he doesn’t need a block. If he’s not repositioning constantly he’s borderline useless, his mobility is his advantage. He’s an annoying vulture like boba and isn’t meant for confrontation on his own at point blank range with sabers. Can some people pull this off? Yes, but is Luke a viable option for taking out snipers from a far off distance? No.
    It’s not his play style and neither is this palpatine’s play style. We are talking about fundamentally changing characters here, yoda and maul I get but this I do not.
  • Lol giving Palps a block is about the worst thing they can do have fun never killing any good Palp player ever again.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • Wolfman91 wrote: »
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    He just need a weak block vs blasters and force abilities, principally to block abilities like push and pull

He's already too powerful. Palpatine buff is the last thing this game needs.

But he can be ragdolled too easy and is annoying
  • DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    Wolfman91 wrote: »
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    He just need a weak block vs blasters and force abilities, principally to block abilities like push and pull

He's already too powerful. Palpatine buff is the last thing this game needs.

But he can be ragdolled too easy and is annoying

thats the only thing keeping him from being overpowered.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • bfloo
    16778 posts Member
    Palps is fine.

The ragdolling in this game is just a terrible mechanic.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• this ones tough, palp is.. fine.... and i disagreed with Maul getting a block back when cause well it didnt fit his play style.

• unit900000 wrote: »
    Lol giving Palps a block is about the worst thing they can do have fun never killing any good Palp player ever again.

☝️This. In skilled hands he's already nearly unkillable. Best dodge in the game

Umm each team has 5 sabers so only 5 people can block on each team. Get your facts right before you start posting please lmao

Oh sorry my mistake.
  • wwkingms wrote: »
    this ones tough, palp is.. fine.... and i disagreed with Maul getting a block back when cause well it didnt fit his play style.

He was a joke.
  • Unless he gets nerfed in some major way, hell no.
  • Buffing him for HvV breaks him in GA even more, where he's too powerful. He's the only hero/villain I've faced since launch that has ruined games completely. Vader, Luke and Anakin can be strong but never feel invincible

I think you need to re-read what I wrote since you are making no sense.
  • Palp would need to see some serious nerfs and reworks to warrant a block.

Better to not bother.
    Confidence born of ignorance

Better to not bother.

Palps is probably going to be nerfed into obscurity so no worries there. Good thing I've gotten bored of playing him. Dooks, Boba, Maul and Kylo are all more fun

Better to not bother.

Palps is probably going to be nerfed into obscurity so no worries there. Good thing I've gotten bored of playing him. Dooks, Boba, Maul and Kylo are all more fun

We’ll see. I am curious to see how DICE handles him. Don’t believe he needs massive nerfs - more so fixed and some minor nerfs to very specific things (mobility, lock-on, etc).

I don’t want to see Palp made useless, but he does need some adjusting.
    Confidence born of ignorance

Better to not bother.

We’ll see. I am curious to see how DICE handles him. Don’t believe he needs massive nerfs - more so fixed and some minor nerfs to very specific things (mobility, lock-on, etc).

I don’t want to see Palp made useless, but he does need some adjusting.

Agreed 100. Fixing his bugs would be a nerf in a way anyhow. Main ones are lightning while dodging, dark aura bug's, and another big one that I'm not gonna mention here. Personally I'd like CL to continue going through block but it's whatever. I don't want him made useless either, but with Dice it's one extreme or the other, it seems. Guess we'll see
  • polarition
    1745 posts Member
    edited January 6
    Palpatine doesn't need a block. He's too powerful to need one. This is the result of my last HVV battle:

cufc3pgl8702.png

There shouldn't be that huge of a gap. I dominated the team. While I don't think making his attack weaker or removing his lock on being the correct solution, I think there needs to be a tweak in perhaps his stamina so he can't do as much damage without running out.

OR

Give him a 4th ability. It's called "Unlimited Power" and when triggered there's a 25% chance all his attacks are buffed damage wise until he dies. There's also a 75% chance Mace Windu spawns, is invincible to damage and his only objective is to hunt down the Palpatine player and kill him.
    Tell me what you want, and I will show you how the dark side can help you achieve it.

raijw4xyab9s.jpg
  • Palpatine is the most powerful character in the game. He don't need no stinkin' block.
  • I think he should get two lightsabers and when he turns them off (by pressing X or Square), he could go back to his lightning attacks. But, for balance, he would have less stamina in both situations or he keep the same stamina between his both situations. Good idea?
  • Palpatine is easy mode at any gamemode (GA, HVV) but there are still people who want to buff him.

He is one of the easiest to learn. I see newbies doing incredibly well with him all the time. He was my first hero I could go on big killstreaks. He is AT ST of hereos. Why would you give him a block? How biasad you must be to not see how powerful he already is.