criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Triple XP Event

Officer turrets should be set on fire!!

Prev1
I hate them! They kill people after the officer has even died. Why is that allowed?? I kill a goddamn officer and then I still see the lock on sign and little red light of death, and then I die?! How is that fair??

Replies

• HungryIam
    60 posts Member
    edited June 4
    A month ago turrets were your best friend. :D
    How about we just burn officers?

Seriously though, the officers that don't shoot, see you, poop themselves, out comes a turret as they die, then the turret proceeds to gun you down, smh.
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    Turrets are fair IMO

Turrets are murderers. Do u support murder??
  • HungryIam wrote: »
    A month ago turrets were your best friend. :D
    How about we just burn officers?

Seriously though, the officers that don't shoot but just see you poop themselves, out comes a turret as they die, then the turret proceeds to gun you down, smh.

I dunno who your talking about.
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Turrets are fair IMO

Well that's the objective of a turret.

Did a turret tell u that? Are u friends with turrets? Why would u stick up for them?!

It's just that i don't see turrets as a problem, everytime i place a turret the enemy team counter it.

U know wat. I think perhaps u are a turret and ur trying to argue for ur current extra 5 seconds of life u have after ur master dies
  • JAREDUP wrote: »
    I think I have died to a turret maybe 3 times since launch, git gud

I was just exaggerating for effect. I personally haven't died to a turret. Uve died 3 times since launch? Wow, so noob.
  • JAREDUP
    1605 posts Member
    JAREDUP wrote: »

I was just exaggerating for effect. I personally haven't died to a turret. Uve died 3 times since launch? Wow, so noob.

You've* such*
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
    JAREDUP wrote: »

You've* such*

I'm making some changes around here. Including spelling.

Clearly your not scary enough for officers to soil themselves. When you get killed by a dead officers turret that he quickly squeezed out upon observing your presence, you did something right.
  • rollind24
    5953 posts Member
    edited June 4
    Officer turrets really aren’t that bad. I remember them last game and they are tame now. I don’t even mind if one gets me a few seconds after the officer dies. It’s not like I died from ghost blaster fire from the officers blaster, it’s not sentient.

Since my motion sensored doorbell/cams will I assume work if I died tomorrow it doesn’t freak me out if I let some doo doo motion sensored turret kill me a couple seconds after the player died. I blame myself
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • These turrets are nothing. Now the astromechs and viper droids from SWBF 15, that was fun.
    #StarWars-y
  • rollind24
    5953 posts Member
    These turrets are nothing. Now the astromechs and viper droids from SWBF 15, that was fun.

Nothing like strategically deploying those in Cargo and holding down your base in 2015 alone
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    These turrets are nothing. Now the astromechs and viper droids from SWBF 15, that was fun.

Nothing like strategically deploying those in Cargo and holding down your base in 2015 alone

Yeah, good times deploying droids as they made a good "teammate". I used them a lot for defending uplinks in WA. Dangerous little buggers to come across but they made for some great explosions when you killed them. That and a sense of pride and accomplishment.
    First time I played GA Hoth and saw a Viper droid I instinctively rolled for cover then I realized they are just decoration. Really?? Too bad they did not make it to this game but one can only wonder how many nerf the astromechs/viper droids threads there would be on the forums if they returned.
    #StarWars-y
  • rollind24
    5953 posts Member
    edited June 4
    rollind24 wrote: »

Yeah, good times deploying droids as they made a good "teammate". I used them a lot for defending uplinks in WA. Dangerous little buggers to come across but they made for some great explosions when you killed them. That and a sense of pride and accomplishment.
    First time I played GA Hoth and saw a Viper droid I instinctively rolled for cover then I realized they are just decoration. Really?? Too bad they did not make it to this game but one can only wonder how many nerf the astromechs/viper droids threads there would be on the forums if they returned.

Oh yea. I get why they toned the officer turret down and don’t include viper and droid but it was sure fun when defending a base by yourself and using them to your advantage

It was also incredibly fun trying to bust a base that was hunkered down with all the droids
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Revan72
    633 posts Member
    I hate them! They kill people after the officer has even died. Why is that allowed?? I kill a goddamn officer and then I still see the lock on sign and little red light of death, and then I die?! How is that fair??

eqcg9vly19jo.gif
  • I hate them! They kill people after the officer has even died. Why is that allowed?? I kill a goddamn officer and then I still see the lock on sign and little red light of death, and then I die?! How is that fair??

The turret takes a few seconds to lock on before shooting, you've every opportunity to dodge.
  • HungryIam
    60 posts Member
    edited June 4

The turret takes a few seconds to lock on before shooting, you've every opportunity to dodge.

Not if they [removed] them out in the open before dieing.
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • TheKing1234
    705 posts Member
    edited June 4
    HungryIam wrote: »

Not if they [removed] them out in the open before dieing.

Exactly. Obviously I'm not talking about situations where u can just duck behind cover. He did just say dodge though, implying u can dodge a turret when it's firing on u when ur infantry I suppose? I don't think he's played this game
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on

Not if they s*** them out in the open before dieing.

Exactly. Obviously I'm not talking about situations where u can just duck behind cover. He did just say dodge though, implying u can dodge a turret when it's firing on u when ur infantry I suppose? I don't think he's played this game

If you dodge roll it breaks the turrets tracking.

Ahhh, no it doesn't

Ahhh, no it doesn't

Yes it does temporarily, enough time for you to get to cover

Ahhh, no it doesn't

1. No it doesn't. 2. Your speaking as though every situation you've ever been in, you've been able to run to cover within about 2 seconds.

Ahhh, no it doesn't

1. No it doesn't. 2. Your speaking as though every situation you've ever been in, you've been able to run to cover within about 2 seconds.

1. Yes it does.
    2. If you can't run to cover before a turret kills you then you're obviously out wandering in the middle of the Dune Sea. There's no way you're never more than a few feet from cover, if you dodge roll it breaks the lock and will move onto the next target. I've only ever been killed by a turret when I've low health in a bottleneck.

Ahhh, no it doesn't

1. Yes it does.
    2. If you can't run to cover before a turret kills you then you're obviously out wandering in the middle of the Dune Sea. There's no way you're never more than a few feet from cover, if you dodge roll it breaks the lock and will move onto the next target. I've only ever been killed by a turret when I've low health in a bottleneck.

That last sentence u said. Just think on it for a while ok. Might be hard for u. But try. The scenario u gave was no cover... and also it's more likely than not to be the same health situation u would be in after a 1v1 with an officer who u kill. SO!! with that in mind, and let's also say the turret breaks lock for a second (even tho it doesn't) before reacquiring u and killing u. The question now begs, why did u even mention that u can dodge and it loses lock, if u then go on to say an exact situation of which u urself have died to a turret when my original post was about the frustration of dying to a turret after the officer had died. U won't have a good enough answer, so ima just tell u to quiet down now and fly away u little mosquito.

Ahhh, no it doesn't

1. Yes it does.

That last sentence u said. Just think on it for a while ok. Might be hard for u. But try. The scenario u gave was no cover... and also it's more likely than not to be the same health situation u would be in after a 1v1 with an officer who u kill. SO!! with that in mind, and let's also say the turret breaks lock for a second (even tho it doesn't) before reacquiring u and killing u. The question now begs, why did u even mention that u can dodge and it loses lock, if u then go on to say an exact situation of which u urself have died to a turret when my original post was about the frustration of dying to a turret after the officer had died. U won't have a good enough answer, so ima just tell u to quiet down now and fly away u little mosquito.

If you die, you die, it's a video game. I pointed out that unless you're on extremely low health in a bottleneck you can always dodge roll away from the turret, in my situation the turret already had a lock on me and I was more concerned with getting rid of the officer to help my team.
    It does break lock, just admit you never thought to try it before, because I can easily post a video of me dodging.

Ahhh, no it doesn't

1. Yes it does.

If you die, you die, it's a video game. I pointed out that unless you're on extremely low health in a bottleneck you can always dodge roll away from the turret, in my situation the turret already had a lock on me and I was more concerned with getting rid of the officer to help my team.
    It does break lock, just admit you never thought to try it before, because I can easily post a video of me dodging.

None of what ur saying holds any relevance to being killed by a turret that has stayed alive after the officer died. Why do u keep saying the dodge thing?? Wats the point of it?? If u can die by a turret while the officer is alive, then u can die by a turret that has been left alive after the officer has died. That is the frustrating part!! And yes post ur video

Ahhh, no it doesn't

1. Yes it does.

None of what ur saying holds any relevance to being killed by a turret that has stayed alive after the officer died. Why do u keep saying the dodge thing?? Wats the point of it?? If u can die by a turret while the officer is alive, then u can die by a turret that has been left alive after the officer has died. That is the frustrating part!! And yes post ur video

The turret self destructs after roughly 3-5 seconds.

Ahhh, no it doesn't

1. Yes it does.

The turret self destructs after roughly 3-5 seconds.

Darth Vader's lightsaber is red
  • Versatti
    2199 posts Member
    Make your fantasy a reality with the First Order flame trooper.
  • Versatti wrote: »
    Make your fantasy a reality with the First Order flame trooper.

I would hate myself too much coz of the cheese
    Turrets are fair IMO

Well that's the objective of a turret.

Did a turret tell u that? Are u friends with turrets? Why would u stick up for them?!

It's just that i don't see turrets as a problem, everytime i place a turret the enemy team counter it.

That’s because they’re not a problem, and easily countered.
  • I hate them! They kill people after the officer has even died. Why is that allowed?? I kill a goddamn officer and then I still see the lock on sign and little red light of death, and then I die?! How is that fair??

I'm gonna stick my neck out and suggest you have just played a match and got destroyed by turrets. 😂

I'm gonna stick my neck out and suggest you have just played a match and got destroyed by turrets. 😂

He has a point, though. Turret's shouldn't to the work you clearly weren't able to do after you died. Same goes for trip-mines or grenade dropped right before you die.
  • Turrets are trash. They can barely track you if you just don’t stand still.
    Hech4Lyf!

He has a point, though. Turret's shouldn't to the work you clearly weren't able to do after you died. Same goes for trip-mines or grenade dropped right before you die.

Nah I disagree actually. It's not actually a big deal I don't think. ... No I don't main officer btw.
  • I'm trying to calculate how many times I'd have to die to a turret before rage posting about it on the forum. 🤔

The slope to doing that isn't so steep or slippery actually

Yer so wat? Next time I see a turret I'm going to tip it over and leave it there

Nah I disagree actually. It's not actually a big deal I don't think. ... No I don't main officer btw.

I don't have a problem with it neither, not from personal experience. I still think people shouldn't be rewarded for kills out of the grave.

I don't have a problem with it neither, not from personal experience. I still think people shouldn't be rewarded for kills out of the grave.
    It’s the same principle as a thrown grenade. Throw, die before it hits the ground, you still get the elim if it kills anyone.

It’s the same principle as a thrown grenade. Throw, die before it hits the ground, you still get the elim if it kills anyone.

Yes but u have to of actually thrown the grenade at the right area. Ur rewarded for accuracy (yes I know it doesn't take much skill, but either way).

Yes but u have to of actually thrown the grenade at the right area. Ur rewarded for accuracy (yes I know it doesn't take much skill, but either way).

I know, but a grenade is also exceedingly more dangerous than a turret too.

I know, but a grenade is also exceedingly more dangerous than a turret too.

In the hands of the right player, yes. But a turret is just flat out dangerous in the hands of anyone, coz u just press a button.