criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

Idea: Mutable heroes

JackTHorn
3707 posts Member
Idea: They create a new hero called "Jedi Master". Lightsaber, Force Push, Dash Attack, Blocking Advance. Release this hero with like 10 skins -- Mace Windu, Kit Fisto, Ki-Adi Mundi, Adi Gallia, Barris Offee, Agen Kolen, Saesee Tiin, Plo Koon, Shaak Ti, Quinlan Vos.

Then do the same kind of thing with a "Sith Acolyte". Asajj Ventress, Fifth Brother, Seventh Sister, Grand Inquisitor, Savage Oppress, etc.

You buy the skin(s) you want. Lots more characters in the game. And the game can get back to focusing on Troopers, like it's meant to.

I hear you protesting: But I want [favorite Jedi X] to be in the game with fully unique abilities, and their own set of skins! Well, that's not likely. We may get one or two of the Jedi on my list, MAYBE, but that's about it. Better this than nothing, right?

Replies

• As long as they add generic skins like

Jedi Temple Guard

And Like, Royal Guard (the red guys that protect palps.)

I’d be down for it.
  • This is a really good idea.
  • JackTHorn wrote: »
    Idea: They create a new hero called "Jedi Master". Lightsaber, Force Push, Dash Attack, Blocking Advance. Release this hero with like 10 skins -- Mace Windu, Kit Fisto, Ki-Adi Mundi, Adi Gallia, Barris Offee, Agen Kolen, Saesee Tiin, Plo Koon, Shaak Ti, Quinlan Vos.

Then do the same kind of thing with a "Sith Acolyte". Asajj Ventress, Fifth Brother, Seventh Sister, Grand Inquisitor, Savage Oppress, etc.

You buy the skin(s) you want. Lots more characters in the game. And the game can get back to focusing on Troopers, like it's meant to.

I hear you protesting: But I want [favorite Jedi X] to be in the game with fully unique abilities, and their own set of skins! Well, that's not likely. We may get one or two of the Jedi on my list, MAYBE, but that's about it. Better this than nothing, right?

Wow, that’s a cool idea
  • Not the worst idea, but i'm not sure how easy it would be to pull this off. Just animation-wise alone, this would be a nightmare.
  • BucksawBoushh
    5461 posts Member
    edited June 4
    Always thought this would work. Have a generic set of emotes and voice lines. Would love it if they could get in some of the more unique Jedi like Yarael Poof, Oppo Rancisis and Even Piell. Not sure how that would work with hit boxes etc.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Opress and Ventress would have very different fighting styles, they'd need different animations like everyone else your suggesting. At that point they might as well go the full distance and make them their own characters.

Just Scale the concept back to just a plain old generic Jedi or Sith reinforcement.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Opress and Ventress would have very different fighting styles, they'd need different animations like everyone else your suggesting. At that point they might as well go the full distance and make them their own characters.

Just Scale the concept back to just a plain old generic Jedi or Sith reinforcement.

I agree. Maybe a few basic Jedi could have this applied to them, but when Ashoka and Ventress are put into this formula it may be weird to see Ashoka not doing her reverse grip, or doing it incorrectly...
    I'm the sarlacc that ate Boba Fett. I wish I hadn't because he was a favorite by many fans and an underdeveloped character.

Join the ongoing demand for Private Matches/Servers below!

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/130482/private-servers#latest
  • JackTHorn
    3707 posts Member
    Not the worst idea, but i'm not sure how easy it would be to pull this off. Just animation-wise alone, this would be a nightmare.
    Why?

Maybe a few basic Jedi could have this applied to them, but when Ashoka and Ventress are put into this formula it may be weird to see Ashoka not doing her reverse grip, or doing it incorrectly...
    Yeah, that's why I didn't put characters like Ahsoka Tano and Aayla Secura in.
    Not the worst idea, but i'm not sure how easy it would be to pull this off. Just animation-wise alone, this would be a nightmare.
    Why?
    Because you have a big number of Jedi, all with different heights, body types, hairstyles, some with weird body appendages (Kit Fisto's and Shaak Ti's Lekku or Mundi's conehead for example) and we're not in the year 2000 anymore, where it's good enough to have one generic wire-modell character consisting of 20 polygons and then just slap different bitmap-textures on that for diversity.
  • Relmets
    2376 posts Member
    This is honestly how most of the Jedi/Sith should have been handled. They could have expedited this saber craze and moved on to more important things.
    [+3748 posts]

I've had this idea for a long time. I'd like to see it.
  • The reason why I don’t like obi wan is because he has boring ability design. Basically all saber heroes would probably be something like that generic hero
  • Billkwando
    1976 posts Member
    The heroes are already mutable. Do an emote, and then take one step = hero muted.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • This would be so ***** smart.

Very good idea DICE.

This idea = money. Dew it.
    Make Maul great again.