criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Heroes are no longer the priority. Add content for troopers.

Replies

• rollind24
    5969 posts Member
    Piscettios wrote: »
    Interesting idea.

In BFV we're getting our own individual private servers. We can custom set things like play list, damage model, classes allowed, weapons allowed etc.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/blsfks/community_broadcast_the_evolution_of_rsp/

Why not start a similar programme up for Battlefront? I believe both Battlefront and Battlefield run off amazon servers? Only Battlefront servers would allow players to ban certain heroes/reinforcements (or in my case all of them).

It won't solve the drought in Infantry content, but it would allow all sections of the community to truly enjoy Battlefront rather than purely catering to the HeroCrutchLords.
    As a side effect it would also revitalise the community scene as clans would once again be able to go to war with each other instead of stomping randoms in pub's.

Everyones a winner.

I’ve been suggesting and asking for server rentals since the last game. Never gets much love or gains much traction. It would absolutely work well in this games space for us Star Wars fans.

It wouldn't even be a rental. Amazon servers spin up when there's a player demand and shut down when player volume is too low.
    What Dice have somehow managed to do is make it so that you can custom tailor your specific game settings and each time you go online and a server spins up, it immediately installs them. (Bare in mind they haven't released them yet, so how well they actually work is anyone's guess)

So the tech to implement this must by now be in a deep stage of development configured by Dice to work with the FrostBite engine and Amazon servers, same as Battlefront.
    In terms of cost the initial outlay is in the development (which is coming from revenue designated for Battlefield, not Battlefront.), EA/Dice are paying only for active servers, whereas in the past the servers stayed open 24hrs whether played or empty. In terms of expenditure it's looks like a total win for Battlefront.

I'm sure it's not as simple as I'm describing it, but if these are a success with Battlefield then I see no reason why they can't be just as big a hit with Battlefront, satisfying a portion of the community that have largely been ignored and possibly helping to bring back a lot of the more competitive minded players from BF2015.
    All at a relatively minor cost in terms of immediate and long term benefit to the entire of the Battlefront community.

Dynamically allocating server space based on player count? Is that what I’m reading? I’ve been asking if they were capable of doing this for a long time due to everyone saying their favorite mode would be barren if there were more choices of modes to choose from

#infantrylivesmatter
  • That's all speculation at this point. If it's added to a Battlefront game, it would likely be the next one, not BF17.
    My name is Bob

• Relmets wrote: »
    Maliainu wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    cheers for taking care of the thread, lovelies

+100,000HP (Never let the thread die)

GratefulGlossyBighornedsheep-small.gif
    Reminder the ladies LOVE trooper content
    P.S. @WarfareKiller41 are you liking all this bump action
    The ladies wouldn't love bump action though, that's for sure

cf1bf6ibnrnk.gif
    You aren't worthy of bringing up Halo.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Relmets
    2521 posts Member

Define bump action

Neither are you until you beat Reach LASO
    [+3748 posts]

Define bump action

Neither are you until you beat Reach LASO
    Page 25 shows me explaining bump action to all y'all trooper lords
    Reach LASO is too easy, skipped that and beat Halo 2 LASO instead
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • UrbanGlitch
    3641 posts Member
    edited June 2019

cf1bf6ibnrnk.gif

What gives you the right to say who’s worthy? Because if I’m not, you definitely aren’t.
    Also, I’m not sure if you are aware of what you just wrote, as I’m sure the ladies do love bump action 😉

cf1bf6ibnrnk.gif

What gives you the right to say who’s worthy? Because if I’m not, you definitely aren’t
    Lmao you ever seen my Halo bio?
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • UrbanGlitch
    3641 posts Member

cf1bf6ibnrnk.gif

What gives you the right to say who’s worthy? Because if I’m not, you definitely aren’t

Who gives a toss about a bio?

cf1bf6ibnrnk.gif

No one will be able to question my love for Halo once they see it
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • UrbanGlitch
    3641 posts Member

cf1bf6ibnrnk.gif

No one will be able to question my love for Halo once they see it

Do you have a link then if it’s all that great?
  • Relmets
    2521 posts Member

But your explanation was null. The discussion has already been had, trooper advocates put forth reasons why these things should happen and herolords failed to refute them. So now the only thing left to do is bump.

Thanks for the bumps by the way

@UrbanGlitch
    image.png
    [+3748 posts]
  • UrbanGlitch
    3641 posts Member

But your explanation was null. The discussion has already been had, trooper advocates put forth reasons why these things should happen and herolords failed to refute them. So now the only thing left to do is bump.

@UrbanGlitch
    image.png

Lol....pRoVe It!!!
  • UrbanGlitch
    3641 posts Member

@UrbanGlitch
    image.png

Lol....pRoVe It!!!
    Anything you read from me is the truth. Read my past posts, I'm a realist. I'm going to put trust in you that you will perceive what I said as the absolute truth.

Only Sith deal in absolutes.
    But anyway, a bio doesn’t give any worth to how ‘worthy’ you are to speak about a franchise. That’s my point, no matter how big a fan you are. A casual is just as worthy as the biggest of the same franchise whether you like it or not. So back to the original point:
    4bj2jvkjhfbr.gif
  • ID_8615
    793 posts Member
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    ID_8615 wrote: »
    Latest round on Naboo.
    Died 16x as a Cloner.
    Once in a starship.
    Twice to enemy trooper fire.
    Once respawned on my own.
    The rest (12x or 75% if math is hard) was at the rockets of Aerials or hands of Villains (oddly enough, no infiltrators). Rockets again in Boba's case.

So much fun dying endlessly to Hero-lords. /sarc
    Git gud

Git gud at what? Dying well?
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    Piscettios wrote: »
    Interesting idea.

In BFV we're getting our own individual private servers. We can custom set things like play list, damage model, classes allowed, weapons allowed etc.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/blsfks/community_broadcast_the_evolution_of_rsp/

Why not start a similar programme up for Battlefront? I believe both Battlefront and Battlefield run off amazon servers? Only Battlefront servers would allow players to ban certain heroes/reinforcements (or in my case all of them).

It won't solve the drought in Infantry content, but it would allow all sections of the community to truly enjoy Battlefront rather than purely catering to the HeroCrutchLords.
    As a side effect it would also revitalise the community scene as clans would once again be able to go to war with each other instead of stomping randoms in pub's.

Everyones a winner.

I’ve been suggesting and asking for server rentals since the last game. Never gets much love or gains much traction. It would absolutely work well in this games space for us Star Wars fans.

It wouldn't even be a rental. Amazon servers spin up when there's a player demand and shut down when player volume is too low.
    What Dice have somehow managed to do is make it so that you can custom tailor your specific game settings and each time you go online and a server spins up, it immediately installs them. (Bare in mind they haven't released them yet, so how well they actually work is anyone's guess)

So the tech to implement this must by now be in a deep stage of development configured by Dice to work with the FrostBite engine and Amazon servers, same as Battlefront.
    In terms of cost the initial outlay is in the development (which is coming from revenue designated for Battlefield, not Battlefront.), EA/Dice are paying only for active servers, whereas in the past the servers stayed open 24hrs whether played or empty. In terms of expenditure it's looks like a total win for Battlefront.

I'm sure it's not as simple as I'm describing it, but if these are a success with Battlefield then I see no reason why they can't be just as big a hit with Battlefront, satisfying a portion of the community that have largely been ignored and possibly helping to bring back a lot of the more competitive minded players from BF2015.
    All at a relatively minor cost in terms of immediate and long term benefit to the entire of the Battlefront community.

Dynamically allocating server space based on player count? Is that what I’m reading? I’ve been asking if they were capable of doing this for a long time due to everyone saying their favorite mode would be barren if there were more choices of modes to choose from

Exactly that, amazon servers don't operate 24/7, they spin up and shut down per player demand. I'd have to check but I'm fairly certain that BF2 uses the same servers.

It's quite the conundrum isn't it.
    Give more modes and matchmaking times may increase for existing ones if the player base isn't large enough.
    However if a game doesn't try to be more dynamic then it won't bring in extra players or retain the ones it has for a greater length of time.

The Infantry situation in BF2 is the perfect example, if this worked then perhaps a not insignificant amount would leave GA etc for trooper only content.
    But at the same time it would bring in/back players who have largely left BF2 precisely because the shooter aspect of BF2 is so over shadowed by Hero play.

Also community events like tournaments that where run on private servers in 2015 would be back, meaning better interaction between community members, content creators which from an advertising stand point (YouTube, social media) better publicises BF2 and further increases the player base.

Yes @Finest_Banana until we see how it functions in BFV this is all speculation. But waiting until the next Battlefront which is over a year away at the earliest, if ever, would be a mistake. Both games are made by Dice, run on the FrostBite engine and use the same Amazon servers. In terms of cost the revenue needed to implement this must be less than creating even a handful of new heroes.

It doesn't just benefit the infantry crew either, there have been constant threads about making Hero options era only, heroes unleashed etc. This would enable the entire community to engage again with BF2 and play it how they want, whenever they want.

For me this level of custom gaming is the future, better to test it out on BF2 and have it perfected by BF3.
  • Maliainu wrote: »

Unless you're a lady, you can't speak for us.
    An unassailable response. I’m a fan of those. Well done.

@Maliainu with the KO victory!
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • KresusFIN
    2827 posts Member

Must...Resist...DemParty...Joke...Urge....
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
    I speak with morality, that's enough.

And what, if I may ask, does morality have to do with bumping a thread?

Seems like you’re using a different definition of “bumping” than what you’ve been leading us to believe if morality is involved.
    I'm not immorally bumping a thread deliberately because I'm not desperate

I speak with morality, that's enough.

What are you on about "speak with morality"
    You're "morally" derailing my thread?
    No I'm morally speaking with logic

-If I keep dropping buzzwords like "moral" and "logic" everyone will think I'm really smart and ignore the fact that I'm not making any sort of point at all-
    Wow man I love how you can see my thoughts while making a post, epeeeek
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Alex64
    8152 posts Member
    This comic book page proves that we can have nice things for trooperspa3i1lde9r8c.jpg
    EMPIRE TROOPERS!
    !!!Red Alert!!! !!!Red Alert!!!
    Wannabe mod in this thread!
    So if I point out something that breaks the rules, that makes me a wannabe mod? Lol OK
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    So if I point out something.... Lol OK

Edited your comment so that I can quote it.

Go ahead and talk about it as much as you like. If you can’t see that you’re in the wrong, don’t expect any of us who support this thread to jump ship with you.
    So if I point out something.... Lol OK

Edited your comment so that I can quote it.

Go ahead and talk about it as much as you like. If you can’t see that you’re in the wrong, don’t expect any of us who support this thread to jump ship with you.
    No thanks, I rather not continuously derail the thread like you are
    Anyways, just wait until the upcoming announcement for your expectations for trooper content to be completely shattered
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Alex64
    8152 posts Member
    @WarfareKiller41
    You’ve been trying to derail the thread for the last few pages. Bye bye! 👋🏻

The topic can finally get back on track.

Both are trying to derail this thread so please keep on topic
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    @Alex64
    It was necessary.

...Moving on.
    +100 Support for more trooper content in the game (alternate modes and weapons would be nice).
    @WarfareKiller41
    You’ve been trying to derail the thread for the last few pages. Bye bye! 👋🏻

The topic can finally get back on track.
    Alright how about this, let's go back on topic and move away from talking about bumping
    When someone brings up Star Wars, what do you think about?
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • The DL-44 is able to be used by troopers riding the Taun Taun. Allow us to use the DL-44 as a trooper pistol as well.
    These are its statistics:
    Damage: 48-18
    Start damage drop-off: 10 meters
    End damage drop-off: 30 meters
    Overheat: 12 shots

The SE-14C is in the campaign as is the T-21. We need those. There was also the bacta bomb and some sort of medical droid that were nearly finished in the files.
  • lowell
    2179 posts Member
    Alex64 wrote: »
    This comic book page proves that we can have nice things for trooperspa3i1lde9r8c.jpg
    EMPIRE TROOPERS!

This got me thinking, can we get squads as a new class and Rogue One can be in the game like that instead of having Jyn and Krennic as individual heroes. They'll still get unique abilities but they need to work together in a match.

After all, the Empire got inspired to make SCAR Sqaudron (Task Force 99) from the original Bad Batch (Clone Force 99):

latest?cb=20190415181820

• Gun

• WodiQuix
    4591 posts Member
    More weapons for troopers. More maps for trooper modes. More skins for troopers. A large objective based mode for troopers. Some SA content for pilots would be welcomed as well.

Agreed.