criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission

NFL Fans?

Replies

• The Titans have very quietly had a good offseason. Signing Tannehill as a backup was smart, and the additions of Cameron Wake and Adam Humphries will help the team right away. I really liked their draft as well. The only problem for them is that the other three teams in their division are all going to challenge for playoff spots.

I think the Jets did a great job. Quarterbacks always have a breakout season in year two (Mahomes, Marino, Brady, Wilson, P. Manning) and getting Le'Veon Bell was huge. They also got Quinnen Williams in the draft (other good moves include signing CJ Moseley and Jamison Crowder).

Miami made a smart move in trading for Rosen. He's still got a lot of potential and he could become a franchise quarterback, so considering they only gave up a late second round pick for him I think they got good value. They also drafted Christian Wilkins, who should improve the defense. They did lose a few key players, including Cameron Wake and Ryan Tannehill, however.

The Cowboys had a quiet offseason, with no first round pick and no major free agent signings. They brought back Jason Witten and signed Randall Cobb, who should be satisfactory replacements for Geoff Swaim and Cole Beasley respectively. I expect them to be very similar to how they were last year.

The Patriots let Trey Flowers walk in free agency, but I felt that this was a necessary loss when I look at the eighteen million dollars per year that the Lions are paying him (more money than the Patriots are paying Tom Brady :D ). Trent Brown is gone, but the Patriots only signed him in the first place because 2018 first round pick Isiah Williams got hurt and was out for all of last season. Gronk is gone as well, but he didn't look like the same player last year so I don't think that'll affect them too much. Drafting N'Keal Harry was a great move, and they also drafted quarterback Jarrett Stidham in the fourth round. Could he be Tom Brady's successor?

Just my two cents on our favorite teams' offseasons.
  • AzorAhai
    1349 posts Member
    Yeah the Titans did well this off-season, but you're right, our division is a tough one.

I don't think the Texans are a credible threat to do anything but maybe win the division. They're built to dominate the AFC South, but that's about it. Have I mentioned that I HATE the Texans? I hate the Texans.

Colts too.

Football hate, not real hate.

I don't hate the Jags though. They owe the Titans for atrocities committed against them multiple times in the past. They owe us big time.

I'm not overthinking football, just enjoying the ride. 3 winning seasons in a row after 4 losing seasons in a row. Life is good.
  • AzorAhai wrote: »
    Yeah the Titans did well this off-season, but you're right, our division is a tough one.

I don't think the Texans are a credible threat to do anything but maybe win the division. They're built to dominate the AFC South, but that's about it. Have I mentioned that I HATE the Texans? I hate the Texans.

Colts too.

Football hate, not real hate.

I don't hate the Jags though. They owe the Titans for atrocities committed against them multiple times in the past. They owe us big time.

I'm not overthinking football, just enjoying the ride. 3 winning seasons in a row after 4 losing seasons in a row. Life is good.

Blake Bortles was about as accurate as a stormtrooper, so the Jags needed a new QB. The Texans' offensive line is absolutely terrible. Imagine how much of a nightmare it must be for the offensive line trying to block JJ Watt in practice!
  • The Titans have very quietly had a good offseason. Signing Tannehill as a backup was smart, and the additions of Cameron Wake and Adam Humphries will help the team right away. I really liked their draft as well. The only problem for them is that the other three teams in their division are all going to challenge for playoff spots.

I think the Jets did a great job. Quarterbacks always have a breakout season in year two (Mahomes, Marino, Brady, Wilson, P. Manning) and getting Le'Veon Bell was huge. They also got Quinnen Williams in the draft (other good moves include signing CJ Moseley and Jamison Crowder).

Miami made a smart move in trading for Rosen. He's still got a lot of potential and he could become a franchise quarterback, so considering they only gave up a late second round pick for him I think they got good value. They also drafted Christian Wilkins, who should improve the defense. They did lose a few key players, including Cameron Wake and Ryan Tannehill, however.

The Cowboys had a quiet offseason, with no first round pick and no major free agent signings. They brought back Jason Witten and signed Randall Cobb, who should be satisfactory replacements for Geoff Swaim and Cole Beasley respectively. I expect them to be very similar to how they were last year.

The Patriots let Trey Flowers walk in free agency, but I felt that this was a necessary loss when I look at the eighteen million dollars per year that the Lions are paying him (more money than the Patriots are paying Tom Brady :D ). Trent Brown is gone, but the Patriots only signed him in the first place because 2018 first round pick Isiah Williams got hurt and was out for all of last season. Gronk is gone as well, but he didn't look like the same player last year so I don't think that'll affect them too much. Drafting N'Keal Harry was a great move, and they also drafted quarterback Jarrett Stidham in the fourth round. Could he be Tom Brady's successor?

Just my two cents on our favorite teams' offseasons.

My thanks for this information. I don’t follow football anywhere near like I used to, but I have a feeling that I’m going to get back into the swing of things this year. I do like to hear divisional news so again, many thanks.

I’m hoping Rosen pans out, but I don’t think they’re planning on him being the torchbearer this year. Cameron Wake’s best days are behind him. Tannehill is a good quarterback, but his growth has peaked in Miami. Many quarterbacks suffer this circumstance and a change of scenery is what he needs if he’s going to ever be bigger than he is.

While not a true Cowboy fan, growing up and still living in SE Texas I do like to see them succeed. I’m mostly indifferent towards the Texans but a winning Cowboy team is just a good thing around these parts.

I’m not convinced that Witten is going to have too much of an impact for Dallas. I hope I’m wrong but my gut tells me that age is his real opponent, just like Wake. Others disagree and it’s a big story of interest for me this season.

Lol. While you are mistaken in believing that Anakin is more powerful than Vader, I will now always have you in mind and be rooting alongside you when Dallas plays.

Kidding about Anakin/Vader. It’s not my intent to discuss that anymore and I in no way wish to contribute any derailing of this thread. Please consider my remark as it’s intended. A joking jab from a friend.
  • Wait a minute! You’re a Patriots fan! I’m at work and got turned around for a minute. You’re not a Dallas fan! The Patriots! You’re the enemy!

Vader crushes Anakin any day if the week!

Lol. Sorry man, busy at work and forgot.

I will not be rooting for the Patriots alongside you.
  • AzorAhai
    1349 posts Member
    Wait a minute! You’re a Patriots fan! I’m at work and got turned around for a minute. You’re not a Dallas fan! The Patriots! You’re the enemy!

You're a funny guy.
  • Wait a minute! You’re a Patriots fan! I’m at work and got turned around for a minute. You’re not a Dallas fan! The Patriots! You’re the enemy!

lol
    @MyLittleGreenFriend

2:30 left in the game.
    I’d like to be the first to congratulate you on another Super Bowl.

Being a true NE fan... Man, I figure it makes life just a little bit sweeter for you.

GG

it wasn't too long ago that the Dolphins were the kings of the AFC East with Marino as their QB.

"Before the dark times... before the Empire."
    Still angry about 18-1 though.

lol
    @MyLittleGreenFriend

2:30 left in the game.
    I’d like to be the first to congratulate you on another Super Bowl.

Being a true NE fan... Man, I figure it makes life just a little bit sweeter for you.

GG

it wasn't too long ago that the Dolphins were the kings of the AFC East with Marino as their QB.

"Before the dark times... before the Empire."
    Still angry about 18-1 though.

Exactly. For more than a decade I’ve referred to Belichick/Brady as Palpatine/Vader. It’s right at the 19 year mark if I’m not mistaken.
  • AzorAhai
    1349 posts Member
    Looks like Hard Knocks will be the Raiders.

Looks like Hard Knocks will be the Raiders.

Vontaze Burfict, Antonio Brown, Jon Gruden... Wow! These guys will be a better TV show than a football team.
  • Cowboys are in a difficult situation with Zeke. Two years left on his rookie deal and he already wants to get paid.

• Browns fan for life! I've been waiting for this moment a long time, I hope it happens (at least a winning season). I also like the Bears though, Ive needed another team to cheer for in times of misery.
    "Never tell me the odds!"
  • AzorAhai
    1349 posts Member
    Titans will lose their star offensive lineman to a 4 game suspension for testing positive for PED's.

He says he's innocent of course. 

LOL.

Yeah right!
  • AzorAhai said:
    Titans will lose their star offensive lineman to a 4 game suspension for testing positive for PED's.

LOL.

Yeah right!
    Josh Gordan recently filed for reinstatement. He wants a 34788383984848939489th chance. Hopefully he'll do something positive this time. Besides testing positive.
  • AzorAhai
    1349 posts Member
    AzorAhai said:

LOL.

Yeah right!
    Josh Gordan recently filed for reinstatement. He wants a 34788383984848939489th chance. Hopefully he'll do something positive this time. Besides testing positive.
    I feel bad for Gordon. I'd like to see him turn things around, but I don't expect anyone will hold their breath over it.

I got Hard Knocks set to record tomorrow.
  • Go BRONCOS!
  • I challenge you all! The challenge is this...

Can your team possibly be worse than mine?!

The Miami Dolphins!

Browns! We’re coming do y’all!
  • MyLittleGreenFriend
    3505 posts Member
    edited August 7
    AzorAhai wrote: »

I feel bad for Gordon. I'd like to see him turn things around, but I don't expect anyone will hold their breath over it.

I got Hard Knocks set to record tomorrow.

I thought the clip of AB and his kids was pretty hilarious.
  • Cowboys fan checking in! I find Football to be the most exciting sport to watch. I don’t get all crazy into it or emotional if the Cowboys lose though. I just like a watching a good game.
  • MyLittleGreenFriend
    3505 posts Member
    edited August 26
    OH MY GOODNESS LUCK RETIRED
    Post edited by MyLittleGreenFriend on
  • AzorAhai
    1349 posts Member
    OH MY GOODNEES LUCK RETIRED

Yeah, I saw a little pop up at the bottom of the screen Saturday night during the Miami @ Florida game, and wondered if ESPN had been hacked.

Look, in terms of football, I hate the Indianapolis Colts.

But I love Andrew Luck. I've always thought he was a super focused, super talented, genuine fella. If I could have any QB, in a 100% healthy state to lead my team, it would come down to Aaron Rodgers or Andrew Luck.

Again, I hate the Colts. But Luck is one of my favorite QB's ever. I wish him all the best, and have nothing negative to say about his decision. We're in an age of smarter football players than in year's past. His decision tells me that football is not the most important thing in his life. And I really respect that.

He retires undefeated against my Titans (11-0). I looked forward to the day that we broke that streak, but at this point, I'm proud of it. LOL.

I'm not happy that we don't have to face him this year. I'm not sad that he's retiring. I respect the man and his decision.
    OH MY GOODNESS LUCK RETIRED

Yeah, I saw a little pop up at the bottom of the screen Saturday night during the Miami @ Florida game, and wondered if ESPN had been hacked.

Look, in terms of football, I hate the Indianapolis Colts.

But I love Andrew Luck. I've always thought he was a super focused, super talented, genuine fella. If I could have any QB, in a 100% healthy state to lead my team, it would come down to Aaron Rodgers or Andrew Luck.

Again, I hate the Colts. But Luck is one of my favorite QB's ever. I wish him all the best, and have nothing negative to say about his decision. We're in an age of smarter football players than in year's past. His decision tells me that football is not the most important thing in his life. And I really respect that.

He retires undefeated against my Titans (11-0). I looked forward to the day that we broke that streak, but at this point, I'm proud of it. LOL.

I'm not happy that we don't have to face him this year. I'm not sad that he's retiring. I respect the man and his decision.

I'll miss watching Luck. He was a great QB and a better guy. I feel sorry for the Colts as well, because they could've became a dynasty, and unless Jacoby Brissett becomes a great QB, that probably won't happen. The AFC South now wide open, so that will be interesting to watch.
  • I was surprised at how well the Packers defense played last night. Or maybe the Bears offense isn't as good as I thought it would be.
  • HERE WE GO BROWNIES HERE WE GO!!!

I was also a titans fan for a good 4/5 year stretch becuase VY was my guy, and chris Johnson was electric. Not too happy about Baker being my Qb but have been loyal to the Browns for Ohio.
  • HERE WE GO BROWNIES HERE WE GO!!!

I was also a titans fan for a good 4/5 year stretch becuase VY was my guy, and chris Johnson was electric. Not too happy about Baker being my Qb but have been loyal to the Browns for Ohio.

Looks like y'all are being picked to win in most predictions I've seen. I'm hopeful that the Titans look good, win or lose. We're starting off the season missing our best O-Lineman due to testing positive for PED's. So I'd be satisfied to find ourselves 2-2 by the time he returns.

Best of luck to the Browns this season!
    HERE WE GO BROWNIES HERE WE GO!!!

Looks like y'all are being picked to win in most predictions I've seen. I'm hopeful that the Titans look good, win or lose. We're starting off the season missing our best O-Lineman due to testing positive for PED's. So I'd be satisfied to find ourselves 2-2 by the time he returns.

That division just became wide open as well with Luck and the Texans troubles at RB. Titans have a low key really good defense. Good luck as well!!!
    HERE WE GO BROWNIES HERE WE GO!!!

That division just became wide open as well with Luck and the Texans troubles at RB. Titans have a low key really good defense. Good luck as well!!!

Totally agree. The Titans had the 3rd ranked scoring defense last year, and yet nobody pays attention to their defense.
    I was surprised at how well the Packers defense played last night. Or maybe the Bears offense isn't as good as I thought it would be.

Unfortunately for my fantasy team, Rodgers was pretty mediocre. The defense played lights out, and Trubisky played... lights in.
  • BigSwaggy88
    407 posts Member
    edited September 7
    Anyone here after AB got released?
    Edit: And then signed with the Patriots
    Post edited by BigSwaggy88 on
  • I honestly havent watched a game in about 3 years or so. Ever since the stupid kneeling during the anthem started. I understand they are protesting police violence, but theres a time and a place for protests. Organize a rally, start a charity, voice your opinion on Twitter, etc. You're paid millions of dollars. Keep it off the field and be professional. As a veteran I find kneeling during my country's national anthem extremely disrespectful. Just my 2 cents.
  • I honestly havent watched a game in about 3 years or so. Ever since the stupid kneeling during the anthem started. I understand they are protesting police violence, but theres a time and a place for protests. Organize a rally, start a charity, voice your opinion on Twitter, etc. You're paid millions of dollars. Keep it off the field and be professional. As a veteran I find kneeling during my country's national anthem extremely disrespectful. Just my 2 cents.

I can tell you understand they’re not protesting against the military which I find some people think that. I also respect that you’ve stuck to your guns and haven’t watched. Seen too many people say they’re done with the NFL only to never stop watching, sort of like “I quit threads”.

I also wanted to put my two cents in as a veteran that I support any form of peaceful protest. If the NFL mandated they stand I also wouldn’t have a problem with that.

#infantrylivesmatter
  • I’m not a giants fan but I want to see manning be successful.
    Same for gurley.
    So I’m hoping the giants and the rams have good seasons.
  • Is there some unrevealed drama regarding a healthy Adrian Peterson being benched for a season opener against a division opponent?

• Pretty good week for our favorite teams. Patriots pummeled the Steelers, Titans humiliated the Browns, and the Cowboys destroyed the Giants.
    Is there some unrevealed drama regarding a healthy Adrian Peterson being benched for a season opener against a division opponent?

IDK, that surprised me too.

• rollind24
    5861 posts Member
    edited September 10
    Defbored wrote: »
    I’m not a giants fan but I want to see manning be successful.
    Same for gurley.

Only two things I enjoy seeing Eli do is his “Eli face” and beating the Patriots in the Super Bowl.
    Post edited by rollind24 on
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    Same for gurley.

Only two things I enjoy seeing Eli do is his “Eli face” and beating the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

I share this exact sentiment.
    Same for gurley.

I'm going to REALLY enjoy watching the Patriots destroy the Giants later this year.
  • Go Lions 🦁 lol
  • moistboii wrote: »
    Go Lions 🦁 lol

Hey, I have a good buddy who has lived his entire life in Texas, but the Lions have always been his team. His reasoning was that as a child, on Thanksgiving, everyone he knew was pulling for the Cowboys in their game. So he gravitated towards the Lions because he didn't feel like they got enough attention...or something like that.
  • I don’t like sports
    Same for gurley.

I'm going to REALLY enjoy watching the Patriots destroy the Giants later this year.

Pats look Godly right now.
    Same for gurley.

They do but the Steelers and Dolphins also look polarly awful.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • AzorAhai
    1349 posts Member
    edited September 17
    Pats & Cowboys both look good so far against opponents that so far look horrible. Neither one has faced a worthy opponent yet.

• Titans are doing what they tend to do the last few seasons. Win a big game or put up a 40-burger, then turn around and look inept the very next week.
    Do we have any NFL fans around here?

I'm an old Houston Oilers fan who remained a fan when they moved to Tennessee. So my favorite team is the Tennessee Titans. I very nearly changed my profile pic to their logo when the season started.

Just thought I'd throw this out there. See if it was possible to have some discussion throughout the season, since I'm on these forums most weekdays anyway.

When there’s so little content in a game you have to start talking about the NFL in the forums.
    I'm the sarlacc that ate Boba Fett. I wish I hadn't because he was a favorite by many fans and an underdeveloped character.

Check out my concepts of a Coruscant Community Transmission Here:

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/131088/coruscant-community-transmission-concept#latest
    rollind24 wrote: »
    Same for gurley.

Dolphins are probably tanking, and they might be the worst team in NFL history. I'll defend the Steelers, because they lost to Seattle by less than a field goal despite Big Ben missing a good chunk of the game.
    moistboii wrote: »
    Go Lions 🦁 lol

Hey, I have a good buddy who has lived his entire life in Texas, but the Lions have always been his team. His reasoning was that as a child, on Thanksgiving, everyone he knew was pulling for the Cowboys in their game. So he gravitated towards the Lions because he didn't feel like they got enough attention...or something like that.

He must like the underdogs and the Lions are always underdogs so it's a good fit.
    Do we have any NFL fans around here?

I'm an old Houston Oilers fan who remained a fan when they moved to Tennessee. So my favorite team is the Tennessee Titans. I very nearly changed my profile pic to their logo when the season started.

Just thought I'd throw this out there. See if it was possible to have some discussion throughout the season, since I'm on these forums most weekdays anyway.

When there’s so little content in a game you have to start talking about the NFL in the forums.

Well this is the off topic forum and the NFL is exciting regardless.
    Same for gurley.

Dolphins are probably tanking, and they might be the worst team in NFL history. I'll defend the Steelers, because they lost to Seattle by less than a field goal despite Big Ben missing a good chunk of the game.

Man... You had to go and say it out loud...

Sheesh!
    Same for gurley.

Man... You had to go and say it out loud...

Sheesh!

Where's my LOL button when I need it?